Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:34:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940986 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

It is remarkable the orderly but massive sell off that is being taking place in NXT during the last few months... at a cost of 60% of the value of the project, of course.

Everything that can go right IS actually going right and yet the dumping is relentless, to the point that the market cannot assimilate it, no matter how good the news can be. Simply too many people selling... which we all know IS the main problem of this project: the distribution. Some or all of those 70-something people who hold 99.99% of the total NXT, are selling. Relentlessly if orderly. New investors, logically, have learn to stay away completely while the decline continues.

No good. Not good at all.

Without a killer app, the price will continue to decline into oblivion no matter how many features are available.  FreeMarket is the perfect opportunity but there is only 1 dev on it as far as I know.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:08:06 PM

It is remarkable the orderly but massive sell off that is being taking place in NXT during the last few months... at a cost of 60% of the value of the project, of course.

Everything that can go right IS actually going right and yet the dumping is relentless, to the point that the market cannot assimilate it, no matter how good the news can be. Simply too many people selling... which we all know IS the main problem of this project: the distribution. Some or all of those 70-something people who hold 99.99% of the total NXT, are selling. Relentlessly if orderly. New investors, logically, have learn to stay away completely while the decline continues.

Er.....not going to deny that some stakeholders have sold off their NXT (which you could see as a good thing, in the interests of better distribution), but NXT has maintained its position relative to other cryptos well in a falling market.
Every longterm crypto has lost 60% value (at least) over the last few months, so NXT isn't doing badly at all, when compared to the rest of the market.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:36:25 PM

How did the panel discussion go today? Kushti kick azz?
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:33:58 AM

Without a killer app, the price will continue to decline into oblivion no matter how many features are available.  FreeMarket is the perfect opportunity but there is only 1 dev on it as far as I know.

NXT has far more than it needs to justify a far higher value than it reflects at present.  NXT needs to capitalize on opportunities otherwise some other coin will do it.  77 people holding 99% is evidence of a closely guarded secret.  If you want NXT to be a secret, goal achieved.  If you want NXT to be well adopted then we as a community need to cherry pick project and promote them like crazy until they bare the fruit they are suppose to produce.

valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:20:02 AM

77 people holding 99% is evidence of a closely guarded secret.

Except it's not true. The initial distribution 18months ago is ancient history and probably doesn't affect the price much now. It's a bear market and everyone is selling crypto right now, and Nxt is no exception. Nxt has great tech, but it still has to make the jump where it gets widespread usage/exposure.

NEM got dumped pretty hard when it launched and that wasn't supposed to happen because 'fair distribution'. Nxt's present distribution is similar to other cryptos such as litecoin, and that it's a problem is just an urban legend that keeps getting repeated.
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:53:34 AM

How did the panel discussion go today? Kushti kick azz?

Kushti was good, but the discussion turned out to be mostly general financial/economic brainstorming, rather than a technical nuts 'n' bolts debate as expected.
But, hey, we are going to rescue Greece using the power of crypto, so thats going to be an interesting project....
Here's the full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VJR6nKSTULs

And here are the Wiki, info and follow-up conference pages:

http://www.drachmae.info/index.php/Main_Page

http://www.drachmae.org/

http://www.drachmae.money/expos/inv2/

The next conference is in 2 weeks, so reserve a seat.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:24:33 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 04:39:28 PM by bitcoinrocks

NXT has far more than it needs to justify a far higher value than it reflects at present.  NXT needs to capitalize on opportunities otherwise some other coin will do it.  77 people holding 99% is evidence of a closely guarded secret.  If you want NXT to be a secret, goal achieved.  If you want NXT to be well adopted then we as a community need to cherry pick project and promote them like crazy until they bare the fruit they are suppose to produce.

Great post, although promotion is not what we're missing.  You can't ram this stuff down people's throats.  Right now, NXT can't supply anything that people demand on a large scale.  FreeMarket is the only thing I see under development that could possibly become a killer app in time to save this project from irrelevance.

NXT has a lot of tools for businesses but no "normal" business is going to build on NXT currently.  Those tools could be great for the future, and they're great for a couple small projects and pseudo-businesses now, but if we're focusing on that then we're putting the cart before the horse.  Bitcoin was not taken seriously in the mainstream until after it had been battle-tested with Silk Road.  There's an argument to be made that Bitcoin would not be anywhere near as far along in mindshare and legitimacy as it is today without Silk Road.

NXT needs to find a niche and excel there.  Having a million features that no one wants to use is not a niche.  Having one feature that everyone wants to use, is.  Once we've gained some mindshare and legitimacy with FreeMarket, businesses will open up to the possibility of using NXT and all of its wonderful features.  Let's get in where we fit in before it's too late.

EDIT: In case anyone is not clear on this, OpenBazaar is not decentralized, it's peer-to-peer.  Item listings are stored only on the seller's computer which means the seller's computer can be identified and if it goes offline then the seller's listings disappear from the marketplace.  FreeMarket is truly decentralized with everything on the NXT blockchain:

https://www.freemarketlite.cc
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:05:57 PM

77 people holding 99% is evidence of a closely guarded secret.

Of course it is true... and of course it has been "redistributing" for months: being dumped and diverted towards "assets and btc. And no it isnt true that crypto in general has been sold off. As a matter of fact a few established coins have actually rebounded including btc whic i will remind you it sits now at 45% above its most recent lows.

The dump continues as has been happening since NXT traded at triple the current price only a few months ago. FACT.

Except it's not true. The initial distribution 18months ago is ancient history and probably doesn't affect the price much now. It's a bear market and everyone is selling crypto right now, and Nxt is no exception. Nxt has great tech, but it still has to make the jump where it gets widespread usage/exposure.

NEM got dumped pretty hard when it launched and that wasn't supposed to happen because 'fair distribution'. Nxt's present distribution is similar to other cryptos such as litecoin, and that it's a problem is just an urban legend that keeps getting repeated.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:29:29 PM

I think the plugin system is a real good step forward for the Nxt Framework. The torrent plugin shows how easy new third party features can be added. Is is just a question of time until a "killer app or plugin" will be released that pushes Nxt to the n(e)xt level Smiley

chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:43:22 PM

Yup people need to realize the utility of the NXT blockchain.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:37:44 AM

Recently the following article was released at Nexter.org:
http://nxter.org/picisi-crowdfunding-project-will-use-nxt-monetary-system/

excerpt:

"... Major factors that will determine Pi’s value are the prices PICISI will pay for global services rendered to it by the various Promotion Contractors that complete various assignments and subsequently paid with Pi; and the rate at which PICISI will buy Pi on the open market.  PICISI uses fiat derived from earned fees to purchase Pi at the exchanges where Pi is listed.  If an official exchange sponsor is present PICISI will purchase Pi exclusively at that exchange...."

Please support PICISI with your comment at the bottom of the article.

kushti

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 08:48:48 AM

1. My camera didnt' work with Google Hangout & Linux. That made me upset a bit. Sorry for that guys.

2. Voting System guide for devs is ready https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/286/voting-system-guide-for-developers . Welcome onboard, apps devs, let's make cool infrastructure!

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:04:07 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 05:17:07 PM by tyz

I am planning to store some of my BTCs on the MultiGateway. As far as I know is it not fully decentralized. How secure are those Bitcoins stored there? What happens if the servers are getting down or jl777 (is he running the servers?) is disappearing suddently? Would be nice if someone could answer these questions.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:51:17 PM

I am planning to store some of my BTCs on the MultiGateway. As far as I know is it not fully decentralized. How secure are those Bitcoins stored there? What happens if the servers are getting down or jl777 (is he running the servers?) is disappearing suddently? Would be nice if someone could answer these questions.

I wouldn't recommend using MGW as a method to safely store Bitcoin, however if you want BTC on AE for trading purposes, it's very secure.  Jl777 does not run the servers, they are operated by 3 independent parties that all need to agree on any deposit/withdrawal.  There has yet to be a "hack" of MGW.  Some guy has 300BTC on there, so I believe it's pretty safe, but cold storage or a dedicated wallet like Trezor are your best bets if you only want to store.
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:03:31 PM

Thanks, I want to store my Bitcoins on different locations securely. I already use a cold storage wallet. That means, if these three guys which running the servers decide to disappear, the BTC are gone, right? Then it is not a option for me at the moment. Just to exchange Bitcoin to NXT.

I wouldn't recommend using MGW as a method to safely store Bitcoin, however if you want BTC on AE for trading purposes, it's very secure.  Jl777 does not run the servers, they are operated by 3 independent parties that all need to agree on any deposit/withdrawal.  There has yet to be a "hack" of MGW.  Some guy has 300BTC on there, so I believe it's pretty safe, but cold storage or a dedicated wallet like Trezor are your best bets if you only want to store.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Thanks, I want to store my Bitcoins on different locations securely. I already use a cold storage wallet. That means, if these three guys which running the servers decide to disappear, the BTC are gone, right? Then it is not a option for me at the moment. Just to exchange Bitcoin to NXT.

Not sure completely, I think there are still some other security measures even if the servers disappear.  Regardless, if you are just looking to store only, there are much better methods.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:28:19 AM

I believe the MGW bitcoin addresses are all 2 of 3 multi-sig so if 1 operator goes the other 2 operators can still spend from the addresses.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:10:55 AM

I believe the MGW bitcoin addresses are all 2 of 3 multi-sig so if 1 operator goes the other 2 operators can still spend from the addresses.

Yep it needs 2/3

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:59:34 AM

I wouldn't recommend using MGW as a method to safely store Bitcoin, however if you want BTC on AE for trading purposes, it's very secure.  Jl777 does not run the servers, they are operated by 3 independent parties that all need to agree on any deposit/withdrawal.  There has yet to be a "hack" of MGW.  Some guy has 300BTC on there, so I believe it's pretty safe, but cold storage or a dedicated wallet like Trezor are your best bets if you only want to store.

Yep it needs 2/3

That isn't just NOT SECURE, that is actually a joke...
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:46:26 AM

Sure, but what happens in the case when at least two of three servers are offline or the maintainers disappear?
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: