Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:43:54 PM

Whales are not going to bother with this given the massive coin total.  They have already been burned on other coins with large totals.  It is less work for them and easier to make money with smaller totals.  The sad fact is coins don't succeed without whales to create the volume crypto is just not mainstream enough for that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptzo

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

Whales are not going to bother with this given the massive coin total.  They have already been burned on other coins with large totals.  It is less work for them and easier to make money with smaller totals.  The sad fact is coins don't succeed without whales to create the volume crypto is just not mainstream enough for that.

The coin total is a myth. But a myth fudders are being very successful about spreading. Thats what devs get for being honest I guess. There won't even be 400m in 6 months. About 420m in a year. Growth slows every 6 months.

No, no educated whale is worried about that, and with a 1500btc ICO, the whales ARE educated. But they are also FUD experts. That's how they make their $$.

profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:58:28 PM

The coin total is a myth. But a myth fudders are being very successful about spreading. Thats what devs get for being honest I guess. There won't even be 400m in 6 months. About 420m in a year. Growth slows every 6 months.

No, no educated whale is worried about that, and with a 1500btc ICO, the whales ARE educated. But they are also FUD experts. That's how they make their $$.

I agree.

If mining isn't profitable then that may be more of a problem, but I would have thought that enough miners would still give it a chance for a while and accumulate coins rather than selling them, so hopefully that wouldn't matter unless the price stayed low for a long time, which shouldn't be the case.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:59:26 PM

No the coin total does matter.  Even if whales didn't care, they can't act alone, they need the rest of the community to jump onboard.  Like I said it shouldn't matter but it does due to psychology.  With a successful launch it might have had much less impact.  Now drastic measures are needed to keep the coin going.
peels

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:00:29 PM

What people don't seem to see in this coin is that it is a MARKET PLACE. Along with certs and data storage and other things that will come out in the future.

These things have FEES.

Also MARKET PLACE.

The last thing you want is the price getting pumped and dumped over and over as people are trying to buy and sell things and use the services.

One day you don't want to buy some SYS and the next day have it be worth 50% less and then you can't buy things on the market place.

You also don't want it to get pumped and then have the fees be really high and no one uses it so they change the fees then the price gets dumped and then they have to change the fees again.

It's best for this coin to find a price point and then build walls on both sides around it so the price doesn't move much. Miners can dump a little from the fees they get from people using the services and other people can buy in from the dumps.

Maybe in the future this coin will be so awesome that there will be much demand and the price goes up and the fees will have to be adjusted.

Right now this coin is in price discovery.

I think the syscoin team is doing a good job in trying to manage everything. People don't want to pump the price up and then there will be buy walls to support the current price. Then people can happily use the services.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:02:11 PM

What people don't seem to see in this coin is that it is a MARKET PLACE. Along with certs and data storage and other things that will come out in the future.

These things have FEES.

Also MARKET PLACE.

The last thing you want is the price getting pumped and dumped over and over as people are trying to buy and sell things and use the services.

One day you don't want to buy some SYS and the next day have it be worth 50% less and then you can't buy things on the market place.

You also don't want it to get pumped and then have the fees be really high and no one uses it so they change the fees then the price gets dumped and then they have to change the fees again.

It's best for this coin to find a price point and then build walls on both sides around it so the price doesn't move much. Miners can dump a little and from the fees they get from people using the services and other people can buy in.

Maybe in the future this coin will be so awesome that there will be much demand and the price goes up and the fees will have to be adjusted again.

I think the syscoin team is doing a good job in trying to manage everything. People don't want to pump the price up and then there will be buy walls to support the current price. Then people can happily use the services.

That's all great for one day.  My fear is that in the crypto world it might not survive long enough for any of that to happen.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:10:04 PM

No the coin total does matter.  Even if whales didn't care, they can't act alone, they need the rest of the community to jump onboard.  Like I said it shouldn't matter but it does due to psychology.  With a successful launch it might have had much less impact.  Now drastic measures are needed to keep the coin going.

Total coins dont matter. Remember doge?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:11:47 PM

Doge is virtually worthless.
peels

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:12:11 PM

These things have FEES.

Also MARKET PLACE.

It's best for this coin to find a price point and then build walls on both sides around it so the price doesn't move much. Miners can dump a little and from the fees they get from people using the services and other people can buy in.

Maybe in the future this coin will be so awesome that there will be much demand and the price goes up and the fees will have to be adjusted again.

That's all great for one day.  My fear is that in the crypto world it might not survive long enough for any of that to happen.

Well, the services are working - command line style. It's about taking it and expanding to web sites where people can buy / sell / upload things (deeds, wills, docs, warranties, small files), create certs, aliases.

People just need to give this coin a few weeks to see what people create.

Then we can all sign up on a site and begin buying and selling things. Provide feedback, make improvements, and get more people to use it.

Yes, it would have been better if all this stuff was done and ready at launch. But that's how things go. It just takes time and they decided to launch the coin in its current state and continue working. I'm sure they are hoping to get some funds too so they can pay people that are currently working and who will work but want to make sure they get paid before starting.

Just get the team time and I'm sure with the new thread will be new announcements and new hope.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:16:52 PM

Yes, it would have been better if all this stuff was done and ready at launch. But that's how things go. It just takes time and they decided to launch the coin in its current state and continue working. I'm sure they are hoping to get some funds too so they can pay people that are currently working and who will work but want to make sure they get paid before starting.

Just get the team time and I'm sure with the new thread will be new announcements and new hope.

The problem is they don't have time.  This was all supposed to have been sorted out prior to the launch.  Now that mess has happened and it needs to be sorted out fast or there won't be any time.  Dealing with basic crypto issues like coin total might help with that.  It's sad but if you screw up in crypto it's pretty much guaranteed that before long someone else will come along offering the same things for less.  If you don't listen to the community someone else will and they will make you obsolete.
klopper

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:20:55 PM

Agree. But it has an insane amount of coins and still got pumped. BC with 100m coins reached 90k sat. With the Dev team SYS has I see no reason why SYS wont be trading at 10-20k atleast when things start moving. Just got to have patience and let the whales accumulate off the weak hands. Now with litecoin dying, a nr 2 coin is needed. This will most likely be SYS Smiley
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:23:58 PM

Agree. But it has an insane amount of coins and still got pumped. BC with 100m coins reached 90k sat. With the Dev team SYS has I see no reason why SYS wont be trading at 10-20k atleast when things start moving. Just got to have patience and let the whales accumulate off the weak hands. Now with litecoin dying, a nr 2 coin is needed. This will most likely be SYS Smiley

Whales aren't buying SYS.  Just look at the volume.
klopper

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:28:45 PM

Whales aren't buying SYS.  Just look at the volume.

lol Cryptofiend... Read god.pdf.
dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:30:31 PM

2 billion coins ( way to many )
ipo released only a small part for 1500 btc ( rest is mined and insta dumped the whole time )
price of the coin ( compaired to 2 billion total coins ) is way to high

i bought a good amount wen the coin dipped to 65 some day,s ago ( after the price went back up i dumped it all )

2 billion total coins means this coin is expansive as fuck @ 500 ( never mind 1000 or 2000 ) same as doge ( way to overpirced )

market will correct itself to 50-100 sat max ( ull see )

i myself will never toutch this coin any more ( ty for the btc tough Smiley

lol no ty
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:31:38 PM

What's that?
klopper

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:34:05 PM

What's that?

DYOR, you will find it...
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:35:06 PM

ipo released only a small part for 1500 btc ( rest is mined and insta dumped the whole time )

i bought a good amount wen the coin dipped to 65 some day,s ago ( after the price went back up i dumped it all )

2 billion total coins means this coin is expansive as fuck @ 500 ( never mind 1000 or 2000 ) same as doge ( way to overpirced )

I really should know better but...
Yet another one who has not actually bothered to read up on the reward schedule...
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:37:53 PM

Yet another one who has not actually bothered to read up on the reward schedule...

yet another one who has not bothered checking the economic viability of his project.
Counterpartybtc

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:50:00 PM

I think 10K sat is reasonable price.

Bitnet. VkufgUMzowfCZ895GbEsYEnt8vJ2FtEPCF
cryptzo

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:52:57 PM

yet another one who has not bothered checking the economic viability of his project.

Everyone seems to love POS coins though... And they don't tend to advertise their true limits. They advertise the POW count, because there is no true POS limit. Most set max coins to 2b, but that's just what the daddy of all POS coins, ppc, set it to.

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: