Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
FlipTheScrypt

Activity: 34
Merit: 10

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:55:21 PM
Merited by IMZ (10)

It upsets me Moolah is holding the funds like a hostage. You give a little but get nothing back. Damn terrorists.

They were very quick to withhold funds when things didnt go to plan, so should be equally as responsive at providing the funds when applicable - IE now.

As far as i can see the team seem ontop of their game, are continually trying to juggle the dev work/bug fixing, keep us updated and pay for external resources building whilst being stifled by Moolah who appears to be treating them like a naughty child who doesnt deserve their pocket money.

Better watch out - they'll have you washing their pots and polishing their shoes next.

Moolah needs to step up fast at this stage.

We are frustrated and concerned as well. We are trying to be patient but watching the price slide as we wait for funding is certainly tough on the entire team/families (and the community as well I'm sure). We're still working hard on the core code and improvements but have so much waiting to go pending paying people, and so many devs who have jumped on to help us that deserve payment we cannot yet provide. We aren't trying to dump SYS to get the BTC we need to pay these people, we already have it sitting in that fund.

I know I am buying up all I can right now with the price being so low. I have been lurking and following this thread and I really believe in this coin!  Wink
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlb007

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:56:25 PM

It upsets me Moolah is holding the funds like a hostage. You give a little but get nothing back. Damn terrorists.

They were very quick to withhold funds when things didnt go to plan, so should be equally as responsive at providing the funds when applicable - IE now.

As far as i can see the team seem ontop of their game, are continually trying to juggle the dev work/bug fixing, keep us updated and pay for external resources building whilst being stifled by Moolah who appears to be treating them like a naughty child who doesnt deserve their pocket money.

Better watch out - they'll have you washing their pots and polishing their shoes next.

We are frustrated and concerned as well. We are trying to be patient but watching the price slide as we wait for funding is certainly tough on the entire team/families (and the community as well I'm sure). We're still working hard on the core code and improvements but have so much waiting to go pending paying people, and so many devs who have jumped on to help us that deserve payment we cannot yet provide. We aren't trying to dump SYS to get the BTC we need to pay these people, we already have it sitting in that fund.

Is the problem that they dont feel you've met the criteria still or more a case that they're not responding and are a "working week only" operation? If so your stuffed until tuesday earliest as its a bank holiday here in the UK on monday and i believe Moolah are based here.

Chins up and power through for now i guess :/

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

Perhaps you should put a poll on here so users can vote

1 Release some funds now
2 Wait a bit longer

We're not trying to turn this into a big public vote/issue. We want to work with Moolah- the partnership will take this coin to new levels. We just want to get the agreement finalized and the first payment released so we can get cracking asap!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:59:12 PM

Why is Moolah withholding funds?

Slex said there was a 48 hour deadline, which has LONG since passed.  Either he must release the funds as agreed or return them to investors.  They are not his to hold.  Period.

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

I know I am buying up all I can right now with the price being so low. I have been lurking and following this thread and I really believe in this coin!  Wink

Whatever man, but me thinks Robinhood already beat everyone to the punch here.  If the consensus was that this is a great coin than there would be more buying power than selling in which case the price would be going up.  Sorry for pissing in your Cheerios dude, but it is what it is.
peels

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:10:11 PM

Whatever man, but me thinks Robinhood already beat everyone to the punch here.  If the consensus was that this is a great coin than there would be more buying power than selling in which case the price would be going up.  Sorry for pissing in your Cheerios dude, but it is what it is.

Volume is 35btc with another 6btc falling off the 24 hour rolling period shortly.

Roughly 7btc in sell orders under 465 early presale price.

Hardly enough to be concerned about when SYS hasn't even shown us things they and others have been working on.

Other coins are doing much worse. Of course this presale was bigger so bigger expectations and once SYS gets paid we'll see some things.

Just gotta sit back and wait. Don't be so quick to write this coin off.
guduke

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Why such a low price or someone dumped?

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:16:26 PM

Volume is 35btc with another 6btc falling off the 24 hour rolling period shortly.

Hardly enough to be concerned about when SYS hasn't even shown us things they and others have been working on.

Other coins are doing much worse. Of course this presale was bigger so bigger expectations and once SYS gets paid we'll see some things.

Human nature isn't so hard to predict, unfortunately greed can always be counted upon.  I'm sure the paywalls will bring it up, but what happens when they go down?  By then there will be a new coin that's "all the buzz".  Robinhood was never meant for Wall St.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:19:27 PM

Still having the same problem with the wallet not showing on load.

Version: SysCoin v0.1.3

It worked a few times on reload when I first installed the new version but not anymore..  Sad
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

It worked a few times on reload when I first installed the new version but not anymore..  Sad

Mac? Pushing a new build out there shortly
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

Moolah holding the funds is protecting us. Not that I don't trust the devs, but as they are essentially getting paid in portions by Moolah, they need to keep performing in order to get some funding... To me, this is proof that this coin will last, as the devs can't scam us in any way with Moolah on board.

Constant updates, bug fixes, launched a coin, features are working, people are contributing, miners are mining, people are more and more satisfied but this isn't good enough for Moolah to release even a portion of the funds.

I'm all for 200btc a month if that's what the team agreed on but that first 200btc should have been released at launch at least.

I agree, what gives? Lets get these funds and start rolling things out. Seems syscoin team has done it all that is expected, why is there a holdup?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:25:43 PM

yeah Mac or Win pls? If Mac we are on this right now.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
chromosoma

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:26:20 PM

NOOO!! HOLD THE FUNDS!! I want to mine some easy SYS now:)
varun555

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

Remember warren Buffet said:

WHEN EVERYBODY IS NERVOUS , BE GREEDY.

So, my take is  buy with anything to spare...
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:41:58 PM

From a guy who made a name trading these markets, and now a developer... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg8503313#msg8503313
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:59:03 PM

yeah Mac or Win pls? If Mac we are on this right now.

Did you get sorted ethought?
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:32:14 PM

Cryptocurrency community has degraded into corporate automation.
Normally its all fudding, scamcoins but this...
This really marked the beginning where cryptocurrency community has degraded to an industry where you profit from centralising things.

Well not something we will take part in.. We are all about the decentralized blockchain Smiley
trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:47:57 PM

For the people that missed it, below is the latest news from Moolah about SYScoin. I guess we have to wait till Tuesday to get more info from them about releasing the first 250 BTC.

We have now reached the deadline for the ultimatum we previously issued to the Syscoin team, and while we are entering in to a review period; we have made the following preliminary decision (that is subject to change).

Our preliminary decision is that we will not be refunding the coin, but with the agreement of the Syscoin development team, will be changing release and development schedules moving forward. This decision will either be confirmed (or rejected and modified) publicly at 6PM GMT on Tuesday 26th August, 2014. While we could make the decision in full now (which would be to not refund), this review period will also include us engaging with various members of the community, over the best course of action to take. Please do not scream FUD at us, engage with us constructively.

While the launch of the coin was fraught with issues, the coin still launched. It worked at first, albeit erratically - and before the blockchain and daemon encountered severe issues, was in a usable state. This was not the case for everybody, but it was the case for many. At this stage, because initial obligations were met, we moved in to the inspection period (originally intended to last 72 hours). During this period, the coin encountered a number of major issues and became non-usable very rapidly.

As a result of this, and general public opinion, we issued a deadline-based ultimatum to the Syscoin team in regards to steps that need to be taken in order to ensure that funds would be released. If they took no action or made no progress, then they wouldn't be seeing a single satoshi. If they made good progress, we would re-review. We are now at the end of the ultimatum window, and we have made an initial judgement based on what the developers of the coin have done, and what they are continuing to do.

However, we are not comfortable to release the funds in full to the developers at this stage, and have put the following agreement to the Syscoin team. We are putting, and will be putting our own resources on the line in order to help protect the supporters of the coin, and encourage general adoption of this. I personally have faith in this coin, despite the abysmal launch - though this did not play a part in my decision.

Clause 1
Staggered release of funds.

The escrowed funds will not be released in full. They will be released in 6 monthly payments. The first payment will be for 250 BTC once this agreement is made formal, and then there will be an additional 200 BTC released each month for the next five months. At the end of this period, the Syscoin accrued during the early buy walls, will also be released. Release each month will be subject to the developers actively working on the coin, and making good progress in any necessary areas (to be determined on a monthly basis).

Clause 2
Moolah to support developers.

Moopay LTD will provide the Syscoin development team with access to our team of developers, for assistance with development issues, for a period of 6 months. Help will be given on a best-effort basis, with priority help granted for urgent issues.

Clause 3
Moolah to guarantee continued development.

If the developers decide to bail in full, and abandon development of the coin before this agreement is up; then Moopay LTD will supply a minimum of 3 developers to continue work on the coin - until the end of the agreement window. Moopay LTD will then continue to supply developers until adequate external contributors can be found. Moopay LTD will guarantee priority 24/7 response to urgent issues, and best-effort response to all other cases. This includes fixing broken services, the QT wallet, and blockchain issues. We will also seek to expand upon the coin when there are no issues. Moopay LTD will also always make a developer available for urgent issues, regardless of contributor state, for a minimum of 18 months from the time this agreement is made formal.

Our (now expanded) development team has experiencing in working for Microsoft, Citigroup, Telefonica and more - and each and every member has substantial experience in crypto development (including daemon and reference client work).
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:12:04 PM

Buy when people are selling, next week could change the whole game on Syscoin. 600-700 sat could be the next floor.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:32:54 PM

For the people that missed it, below is the latest news from Moolah about SYScoin. I guess we have to wait till Tuesday to get more info from them about releasing the first 250 BTC.

That was posted before we had an opportunity to speak with them. While all of that is still very true there will be some minor adjustments in line with what I posted earlier (publicly visibility of funds, etc). We are also looking for a 500btc initial payment so we can pay 6months of backdue expenses, new developers that came on through launch, bounties, and of course forward moving expenses as we continue development and bring on even more coders/services/partners/marketing.

We had an opportunity to speak with Alex just now and things sound very good- we're excited. Looks like we may be receiving initial funding here sometime today which will be huge in terms of enabling us to "unclog" our pipeline. You'll know it when we have it!  Smiley

Some members of the team (myself included) have already stated they will be using some of their personal coins for buy support and hashing power until the network gets more hashing power on its own. We have complete faith in Syscoin. Development-wise We are also working on merged-mining and regenerated service fees for miners which will being back a lot of miners that left due to low payouts. Syscoin is moving forward!!

Also we are testing that new Mac wallet mentioned earlier too!  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: