Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:01:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dawj20

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:00:29 AM

Any news from dev team?

Quick Update!

i got AhmedAshraf, to get the work on the apps started!

This will go along with the social media bounties!

His ETA is arrownd 2 days, after this extent i think a list of bounties will be published!

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:35:30 AM

What Node have special compared to Crypti, Qora or Nxt?
GreenDude

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:51:53 AM

Nodecoin - is a second generation cryptocurrency made from scratch on node.js. It was created from scratch to contain many improvements and additional features over a first generation crypto currency such as Bitcoin.

Unlike other cryptocurrencies, Node doesn't strive to replace Bitcoin, but in contrary encourages its adoption and spreading. We believe that Bitcoin is the pylon that holds everything in place, the infrastructure and economy of the crypto-world was created around bitcoin, and our goal is to maintain that spirit. One of the objectives we've set in order to fulfill that goal is to integrate BTC with Node. The initiative is remarkable, so we took it to another level and added USD and EUR to the Integration List, making a total of 4 assets within one Wallet. In order to understand the working principle we'll examine the crypto aspect of Node.

Node cryptocurrency?

What makes node different and unique, is the cutting edge technology that was used to program it: Node.js®
Node.js® is a platform built on Chrome's javascript runtime for easily building fast, scalable network applications. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices. For more intelligence visit Wiki.

Nodecoin uses Curve25519 , that is a state-of-the-art Diffie-Hellman function suitable for a wide variety of applications, as its encrypting algorithm and SHA256 as its cryptographic hash function.
New Forging system: Proof of Activity (PoA) implementation. Node relies on an new mechanism for a secured an equitable forging process. Learn More
Instant Transactions - Node's transactions stream has impressive response time, added security measures which lead to an untraditional block generation.
New Block generation concept - unlike other cryptos, Node's Blocks are created on demand. No empty blocks are created, as result the chain is light and fast loading.

First hybrid international electronic payment system that allows you to pay bills and shop online, send and receive remittances.

NodePay - includes crypto currency Node, Bitcoin and centralized currency USD - EUR

The system has a high degree of security, speed of transactions and a wide range of input methods-withdrawal. Also feature NodePay are some of the lowest fees (ranging from 0%), client (simple and intuitive interface), full automation of operations and qualified customer support.

What are the advantages NodePay?

Freedom of payments - This is an opportunity to send or receive any amount of money instantly, anywhere in the world, at any time. No bank holidays. No boundaries. Any imposed restrictions. Bitcoin allows users to fully control their kriptovalyuty and real money.

Very low commissions - platezhina currently produced either no commission either incredibly small commissions. Users can enable the commission in a transaction that would be given priority in processing, resulting in more rapid confirmation of network transactions. In addition, NodeBank exist, for that would help entrepreneurs in conducting transactions, translating into NodePay fiatnye currency and placing funds directly to accounts of entrepreneurs every day. Since these services are based on the platform Node, they may be provided with commissions much lower than using PayPal, or credit card network.

Less risk for entrepreneurs - Transactions NodePay safe, irreversible, and do not contain sensitive or personal information about the customer. This protects businesses from losses due to fraud or fraudulent return fees and no need to meet the standards PCI - Security Standards Payment Card Industry. Businesses can easily expand into new markets, where not available or credit card, or unacceptably high ratings fraud. This network gives lower commissions, large markets, and less administrative costs.

Security and control - users NodePay fully in control of their transaction; entrepreneurs can not without your knowledge or desire to withdraw money, as can happen with other payment methods. Payments can be made without reference to the personal information of the transaction. This gives strong protection against theft of personal information. NodePay users can also protect their money with the help of backup and encryption.

Transparent and neutral - All information regarding most of the money supply NodePay always available for all units in the chain, in order to check and use in real time. No one person or organization can not control or manipulate protocol Node, because it is cryptographically secure. Allowing trust central Node, for its neutrality, transparency and predictability.

U can also check the whitepaper https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDlGZn7sICIA8bUPhe6jPPzGOxA4YgTgi6J4XilFpgs/edit?pli=1
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 05:19:30 AM

I am new here........ Any Faucet there?
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:11:13 AM

Good idea, it is necessary that the devs have developed a free distribution of coins
payyy

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:27:27 AM

we need a active community,but now we have none

283 Pages and we dont have active community  Tongue

lol,if no. it will be like qora and nas ,dump to zero......
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

Instant Transactions - Node's transactions stream has impressive response time, added security measures which lead to an untraditional block generation.

I still don't understand how that is supposed to work. Any chance we'll get a more technical whitepaper anytime soon ?

Here's my problem.

Okay so you get a confirmation everytime a node spreads your tx further (which he only does if it's valid) which will of course result in many confirmations in very little time.

Consider this scenario:

I set-up many evil nodes
I send 2 valid transactions to two recipients (I send the same NODEs so double-spend. The txs are both valid unless you know about both of them)
I give loads of confirmations to my double spend with my evil NODES and I'm sending those directly to the two recepeints.

So I got two valid transations (they are valid unless you know abou both of them) both with many confirmations from my evil nodes.

You're absolutely correct to say that not both payments will make it into the blockchain because the forger won't be one of my evil nodes  but if i can only be sure that a tx is legit when it's in the blockchain then instant transactions are an illusion. 

I'm really not trying to discredit NODE. I'm legitimately interested in how instant tx are supposed to be achieved in this system.

boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:02:37 AM

Ok, this is exactly why the source Node should by released to the public. Patmast3r is right and a lot of us are trying to understand what engine lays under the hood.
Node could only get better I think.
TheRealSilk

Activity: 457

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:32:20 AM

I still don't understand how that is supposed to work. Any chance we'll get a more technical whitepaper anytime soon ?

Here's my problem.

Okay so you get a confirmation everytime a node spreads your tx further (which he only does if it's valid) which will of course result in many confirmations in very little time.

Consider this scenario:

I set-up many evil nodes
I send 2 valid transactions to two recipients (I send the same NODEs so double-spend. The txs are both valid unless you know about both of them)
I give loads of confirmations to my double spend with my evil NODES and I'm sending those directly to the two recepeints.

So I got two valid transations (they are valid unless you know abou both of them) both with many confirmations from my evil nodes.

You're absolutely correct to say that not both payments will make it into the blockchain because the forger won't be one of my evil nodes  but if i can only be sure that a tx is legit when it's in the blockchain then instant transactions are an illusion.  

I'm really not trying to discredit NODE. I'm legitimately interested in how instant tx are supposed to be achieved in this system.

Node has a double verification
1) Verification transaction blockchain user (1 Confirmation)
2) Verification when adding a block

Correctly example:
- You make a transaction
- Collects transaction confirmation
- The transaction is added to the block after a minimum of 3 confirmation (1 check for validity)
- The unit is spread over the network and added to blockchain member (2 check for validity)

your example
- You are sending the transaction is not valid
- Is going wrong with the confirmation of your nodes
- The transaction is going on in the network

Here your transaction will be ignoring, even if she has 100 confirmed

The fact that the user node first checks the transaction for validity, and then adds +1 confirm,
then checks for a minimum of confirmation, and generates the block.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:40:48 AM

Here's my problem.

Consider this scenario:

I set-up many evil nodes

You're absolutely correct to say that not both payments will make it into the blockchain because the forger won't be one of my evil nodes  but if i can only be sure that a tx is legit when it's in the blockchain then instant transactions are an illusion.  

Node has a double verification
1) Verification transaction blockchain user (1 Confirmation)
2) Verification when adding a block

Correctly example:
- You make a transaction
- Collects transaction confirmation
- The transaction is added to the block after a minimum of 3 confirmation (1 check for validity)
- The unit is spread over the network and added to blockchain member (2 check for validity)

your example
- You do not validate the transaction
- Is going wrong with the confirmation of your nodes
- The transaction is going on in the network

Here your transaction will be ignoring, even if she has 100 confirmed

The fact that the user node first checks the transaction for validity, and then adds +1 confirm,
then checks for a minimum of confirmation, and generates the block.

The network is safe because even a transaction with 100s of confirmations won't end up in a block if it's not valid but I will only know if it's really valid when a block is created.
However my point wasn't that the network isn't safe and that my double-spend would get through. The point was there are no instant transactions because i can't trust confirmations without an inlcusion into a block.

TheRealSilk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:57:46 AM

The network is safe because even a transaction with 100s of confirmations won't end up in a block if it's not valid but I will only know if it's really valid when a block is created.
However my point wasn't that the network isn't safe and that my double-spend would get through. The point was there are no instant transactions because i can't trust confirmations without an inlcusion into a block.

Either double-spend transaction did not take place in the network, as is verification with the correct blockchain.
Your transaction with 100 confirmations will be ignored in all the right nodes.

Node user before generate block
- Checks the validity of the transaction
- Adds confirmation
- Checks for at least confirmation
- Generates blocks
- Sends it to the network

Again, before the block is added to the blockchain it is checked for each user

Confirmation is needed to generate the block, but before the node will generate a block at the beginning he checks on the validity of the transaction, after which the number of confirmation.

If your network will generate a wrong block, you will not even be able to send your block to the network. Since Node knows who should generate the next block (POA).

The second, block will be ignored and will be only in your wrong network

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:06:59 AM

Your transaction with 100 confirmations will be ignored in all the right nodes.

That is only true if the node already knows about both transactions. As a single tx they are valid only when you know about both of them they become a double-spend. So if i sent my double spend directly to the two recipients with a few confirmations it'll look legit to them. Only when the block comes out one of them will get rejected.
If every broadcast from a node could be considered a confirmation than any crypto woul have instant tx. It doesn't matter that every node does it's own validation because not a single node but the entire network needs to agree on validity.

Unless I'm majorly missing something.

TheRealSilk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:44:29 AM

That is only true if the node already knows about both transactions. As a single tx they are valid only when you know about both of them they become a double-spend. So if i sent my double spend directly to the two recipients with a few confirmations it'll look legit to them. Only when the block comes out one of them will get rejected.
If every broadcast from a node could be considered a confirmation than any crypto woul have instant tx. It doesn't matter that every node does it's own validation because not a single node but the entire network needs to agree on validity.

Confirmation is necessary for  generate a block, You don't know who will generate the block.

Your transaction will not be able to collect the correct confirmation, because the Node which generates the blocks makes a first check on the validity of the transaction and then on confirmation number. The transaction will be sent to the correct nodes until you collect the necessary number confirmation for block generation

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:11:13 AM

Confirmation is necessary for  generate a block, You don't know who will generate the block.

Your transaction will not be able to collect the correct confirmation, because the Node which generates the blocks makes a first check on the validity of the transaction and then on confirmation number. The transaction will be sent to the correct nodes until you collect the necessary number confirmation for block generation

Exactly so I have to wait for a block to know if a tx is valid or not. Right ?

TheRealSilk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:59:39 AM

No, Your transaction will not even collect 1 confirmation from the correct nodes
What would it hit the block need minimmum 3 confirmation of correct nodes.

Before the transaction will receive a confirmation with the correct node, it first checks for validity

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:06:29 AM

No, Your transaction will not even collect 1 confirmation from the correct nodes
What would it hit the block need minimmum 3 confirmation of correct nodes.

Before the transaction will receive a confirmation with the correct node, it first checks for validity

How are "correct" nodes determined ? Like I said individually my evil nodes are sending valid txs so they aren't easily detected as evil.

I think we're talking at cross-purposes. I'll just wait and see what happens.
Thanks for taking the time and trying to explain Smiley

BlackMarket

Activity: 322

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:16:33 AM

Good idea, it is necessary that the devs have developed a free distribution of coins
yes, faucet can help to promote NODE  Cheesy
TheRealSilk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:22:49 AM

How are "correct" nodes determined ? Like I said individually my evil nodes are sending valid txs so they aren't easily detected as evil.

You will not be able to cheat the system, the correct node will not allow your transaction to confirm only after which the transaction is verified added confirmation at this stage wrong transaction is removed from the network

When you send your transaction 100 confirmations in the correct network, all nodes are rejected her and she will be removed from the network. It will not reach that stage to get into the block

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:30:53 AM

You will not be able to cheat the system, the correct node will not allow your transaction to confirm only after which the transaction is verified added confirmation at this stage wrong transaction is removed from the network

When you send your transaction 100 confirmations in the correct network, all nodes are rejected her and she will be removed from the network. It will not reach that stage to get into the block

I know it won't get into the block. I'm not saying a double spend is possible. I'm saying one can't trust a tx unless it's in a block because there might be a double-spend somewhere floating around the network. That's how almost all cryptos operate. What I don't see is how it enables instant transactions.

TheRealSilk

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:41:46 AM

I know it won't get into the block. I'm not saying a double spend is possible. I'm saying one can't trust a tx unless it's in a block because there might be a double-spend somewhere floating around the network. That's how almost all cryptos operate. What I don't see is how it enables instant transactions.

Instant transaction is to collect quick confirmation of correct nodes. To speak properly instant confirmation. If there are at least 3 confirmed (in the future we will raise up to 6 confirmation), it generates a block node

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: