Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jwilford

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:28:31 AM

ИODE only produces new blocks when transactions appear.  How does Node protect its blockchain without mining blocks continuously?

An attacker could quickly forge an alternative blockchain and easily overtake a stagnant main chain.

I am not a DEV so I can only conjecture but I would imagine since they would only have their own personal private keys and not the rest that they would only be able to send transactions out of their accounts and not in to them. Since POA is not a race but a lottery I would not see any advantage to forging a bunch of fake blocks where you send your own money out since if you succeeded the rest of the network would quickly catch up to you and continue on and the only thing you would accomplish is spending your own NODE which the network allows for anyway. If you fail you risk getting exposed and your node getting blacklisted. Again not a DEV so maybe I am completely wrong but from my reading of PoA I can see no economic advantage since like I said earlier it is no longer a race as to who can create more blocks. BTW I also support the devs in not answering until the code comes out but I'm glad you asked in case there is a real issue that needs to be looked at.

EDIT I assume you were only talking about forging your own chain for purposes of getting ahead of the rest of the nodes and trying to double spend right? The only two reasons I could see for doing that would be double spending or trying to crash the value of NODE by scaring people but the second begs the question of why would you invest so much just to crash your own assets?

WTF, pass me the contact of his drug supplier, should be good.

Well from my reading of the Bitcoin white paper https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf the use of the continuous blocks was to make sure that a majority of the hash power was needed to out run the rest of the computers. Since each blocked contains the hash of the previous block, blocks cannot be inserted in the middle or changed. The race is to make sure that a specific computer could not broadcast a transaction then quickly mine a block faster than the other computers that did not contain it allowing a double spend. That is why vendors are advised to wait for a confirmation or two before delivering goods. It is also my understanding that even under a 51% attack after 3 or 4 verifications you can still not perform this type of attack because it would be very hard for you to go back and mine all of those blocks and catch up with and pass the rest of the network. It is also my understanding that even with 90% of the hashing power you cannot spend funds out of someone elses wallet without their private key. My understanding of PoA from reading this http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf is that the network hunts for a "High activity" node to forge (sign) the block so that the same computer cannot forge a bunch of blocks even if they have more hashing power. It also means that because the forger is somewhat random that it actually makes it harder for someone to execute the equivalent of a 51% attack because even if they have most of the activity they cannot guarantee that they will be the one forging the block. Please correct me if I am wrong as you seem to be indicating. I am an Engineer not a Computer Scientist and I am ok with being wrong but would like to be told how and why I am wrong so that I will know better in the future.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
threedream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:43:10 AM

Dev, Now is Monday (evening), are you ready ?

I have to get back all the lost .
TheRealSilk

Activity: 457

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:49:41 AM

ИODE only produces new blocks when transactions appear.  How does Node protect its blockchain without mining blocks continuously?

An attacker could quickly forge an alternative blockchain and easily overtake a stagnant main chain.

you have answered all the questions that were asked above

For this and need a version and a persistent network connection with all clients. The old client will not be able to connect to new clients, and if we disable version checking and network, you will create a new network and a new blockchcain. All clients are interconnected with each other and are on the same network wave. When You make a transaction it instantly got all clients. (it's like FM radio wave, You won't be able to log in to the live broadcast or substitute audio data) and in the Node You will not be able to create a fake block. We also tomorrow I will try to answer more about networking and connecting with clients, many people think the bigger the network, the slower it will be, but it's not. Enough to be connected to the main peers to other peers clients (maximum 2 to 50 connections at a time )

Yes

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Patrik90

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:23:49 AM

Its still morning in eastern Europe ...I just had breakfast Cheesy
TheRealSilk

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:27:23 AM

Its still morning in eastern Europe ...I just had breakfast Cheesy

All right, we have morning. We are waiting for the evening Smiley

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
iHashFury

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:31:09 AM

Should I leave my node running or kill it?

Code:
forever stop index.js

Your call but wait for update of new client.

Old clients cannot connect to network ATM.

Its a waste of CPU. Killed my node until update.
Patrik90

Activity: 65

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:43:56 AM

Its soooo boring with 6BTC volume. I cant even have fun on bter  Sad
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:17:00 AM

For this and need a version and a persistent network connection with all clients. The old client will not be able to connect to new clients, and if we disable version checking and network, you will create a new network and a new blockchcain. All clients are interconnected with each other and are on the same network wave. When You make a transaction it instantly got all clients. (it's like FM radio wave, You won't be able to log in to the live broadcast or substitute audio data) and in the Node You will not be able to create a fake block. We also tomorrow I will try to answer more about networking and connecting with clients, many people think the bigger the network, the slower it will be, but it's not. Enough to be connected to the main peers to other peers clients (maximum 2 to 50 connections at a time )

For me without source code this passage looks like complete delusion and not understanding the laws of math and how networks work  Shocked
Something like perpetum mobile.  Roll Eyes
Only i have such an impression? Huh
tzpardi

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:24:32 AM

Just for pure curiosity and check how the tech works, any plans when the source code will be released?
TheRealSilk

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:25:20 AM

For me without source code this passage looks like complete delusion and not understanding the laws of math and how networks work  Shocked
Something like perpetum mobile.  Roll Eyes

read more detailed information about the technology node.js and you will understand the principle of operation of the network

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:26:38 AM

Are you saying there are some peers that are more important than other peers ?

TheRealSilk

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:28:19 AM

Just for pure curiosity and check how the tech works, any plans when the source code will be released?

Already have published the source code of the first version https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590421.msg8561139#msg8561139

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
TheRealSilk

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:30:10 AM

Any peers can be important if we will make it in the default client settings

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:41:46 AM

Any peers can be important if we will make it in the default client settings

Can't say I follow. Well...

starik69
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:18:22 PM

read more detailed information about the technology node.js and you will understand the principle of operation of the network
Did node.js beat CAP theorem? Grin

BTW, i did not see answer to:
Are devs using different clients compared to those provided for public?   Huh
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:25:15 PM

I am not a DEV so I can only conjecture but I would imagine since they would only have their own personal private keys and not the rest that they would only be able to send transactions out of their accounts and not in to them. Since POA is not a race but a lottery I would not see any advantage to forging a bunch of fake blocks where you send your own money out since if you succeeded the rest of the network would quickly catch up to you and continue on and the only thing you would accomplish is spending your own NODE which the network allows for anyway. If you fail you risk getting exposed and your node getting blacklisted. Again not a DEV so maybe I am completely wrong but from my reading of PoA I can see no economic advantage since like I said earlier it is no longer a race as to who can create more blocks. BTW I also support the devs in not answering until the code comes out but I'm glad you asked in case there is a real issue that needs to be looked at.

EDIT I assume you were only talking about forging your own chain for purposes of getting ahead of the rest of the nodes and trying to double spend right? The only two reasons I could see for doing that would be double spending or trying to crash the value of NODE by scaring people but the second begs the question of why would you invest so much just to crash your own assets?

WTF, pass me the contact of his drug supplier, should be good.

Well from my reading of the Bitcoin white paper https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf the use of the continuous blocks was to make sure that a majority of the hash power was needed to out run the rest of the computers. Since each blocked contains the hash of the previous block, blocks cannot be inserted in the middle or changed. The race is to make sure that a specific computer could not broadcast a transaction then quickly mine a block faster than the other computers that did not contain it allowing a double spend. That is why vendors are advised to wait for a confirmation or two before delivering goods. It is also my understanding that even under a 51% attack after 3 or 4 verifications you can still not perform this type of attack because it would be very hard for you to go back and mine all of those blocks and catch up with and pass the rest of the network. It is also my understanding that even with 90% of the hashing power you cannot spend funds out of someone elses wallet without their private key. My understanding of PoA from reading this http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf is that the network hunts for a "High activity" node to forge (sign) the block so that the same computer cannot forge a bunch of blocks even if they have more hashing power. It also means that because the forger is somewhat random that it actually makes it harder for someone to execute the equivalent of a 51% attack because even if they have most of the activity they cannot guarantee that they will be the one forging the block. Please correct me if I am wrong as you seem to be indicating. I am an Engineer not a Computer Scientist and I am ok with being wrong but would like to be told how and why I am wrong so that I will know better in the future.  Smiley

Thanks.

Yes the only reason to fork the blockchain would be to double spend via a 51% attack.  This, infinite spending power, is economic inscentive enough.

ИODE looks easier to 51% attack because the nodes are not actively increasing the height and difficulty while the network is idle (while there are no transactions).

Maybe I am missing something about PoA.  It would be good if a dev could answer.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
TheRealSilk

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:28:11 PM

Did node.js beat CAP theorem? Grin

BTW, i did not see answer to:
Are devs using different clients compared to those provided for public?   Huh

No

Instant Transactions

Non Bloating BlockChain

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
sava0123

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:07:54 PM

For me without source code this passage looks like complete delusion and not understanding the laws of math and how networks work  Shocked
Something like perpetum mobile.  Roll Eyes

Finaly you got the source code posted from devs. I am so happy for you. No more delusion and not understanding the laws of math and how networks work. Shocked

Funny thing thougth that Silk gave you the same code that I and others posted 2 month ago and which you claimed was not a code of NODE but some suspissios, no provable shit.

Something like you are a moron. Roll Eyes

Only I have such an impression? Huh
starik69
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:39:40 PM

Does that source have actual PoA code? Who's like a moron?  Grin
sava0123

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:48:41 PM

Does that source have actual PoA code? Who's like a moron?  Grin

Like you was asking about POA.

Moron is you. I already told that.

In order to avoid problems in network synchronization, all clients must be the same version
You cannot control what other people do. In NXT i still see clients of 0.x.x  versions. Will NODE with different clients make their own network? Huh
What will happen if You are using an older version of the client, and I'm new. In our case, the transaction will not be accepted and will remain in your client, because the transaction is instant and the network must be synchronized continuously.
But it must be accepted by clients with the same version as mine? Roll Eyes
Now there are several of them , but we plan to grow the network to increase to main 100-200.
Are they hardcoded in the client? Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: