Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901803 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:48:16 AM

Has any one else read Moolah's due diligence section (https://v2.moolah.io/due-diligence)?

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

- Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
 - Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.

You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

I'm sure they're just trying to comply with the law, but buying BTC on coinbase, waiting 4 days then buying NAUT on MintPal seems easier to me.  Both are way too many steps.  I know we're in the early days here so if that's all we got, that's all we got.  Just wondering if there are any other options any one knew of. 

We got a bunch of MMA fans that are going to be hitting NautilusCoin.com on July 5th and some are going to want to buy.  Is there an easy way?

I don't think it is so much law as risk. Selling crypto coins for payment methods that have chargebacks is very risky for the merchant.

Localbitcoins.com. Find someone local to buy bitcoins from. Meet then at a police office to exchange cash for coins. Once you have BTC you have several options available to buy NAUT with. Probably the fastest way.

The localbitcoins route sounds like a major hassle.  I was thinking more like 1) click on link 2) put in credit card info 3) get NAUT.  We're talking about people that are new to crypto.  "Go to your local police station and make the exchange" is a non-starter.  The easier we make it for people the more that buy.  Are we better off telling people to give us their email address and we'll let them know when they can purchase NAUT for USD?

What else can we do?

Yep, there's easy and slow, or hassle and fast. This will never change as long as you are talking about buying crypto with zero charge back for non-cash payments like credit card and paypal that do have charge backs. The only places that even do it charge a huge fee to do it.

Or, we have to find a US brokerage that will list NAUT... one that accepts wires. At least investors know how to deal with a brokerage.

I take it agx.io still doesn't have a USD market yet?
xgold

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

Good luck with your coin! XGOLD
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:49:13 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 05:59:35 AM by CryptoLTD

Has any one else read Moolah's due diligence section (https://v2.moolah.io/due-diligence)?

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

- Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
 - Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.

You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

I'm sure they're just trying to comply with the law, but buying BTC on coinbase, waiting 4 days then buying NAUT on MintPal seems easier to me.  Both are way too many steps.  I know we're in the early days here so if that's all we got, that's all we got.  Just wondering if there are any other options any one knew of.  

We got a bunch of MMA fans that are going to be hitting NautilusCoin.com on July 5th and some are going to want to buy.  Is there an easy way?

www.Cryptsy.com will be opening their USD/BTC markets today I believe @ some point. Verification is needed to make USD withdraws & deposits, however, once you are verified, your good to go. I'm not sure of details, you may want to look @ the exchange and see.

Edit: This will enable you to buy BTC with USD & buy NAUT on market right there, or trade it as you see fit, w/o transferring coins to a bunch of different places.
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:15:17 AM

Ultimately ease of access is a primary goal here. There is nothing wrong with straight up trading fiat with your friends. People you already know.

Say I know you but don't know much about NAUT but am curious and want to buy $20 USD worth. You help me get a NAUT wallet. I hand you the $20 you transfer $20 worth of NAUT into the wallet you helped me set up.

Or use PayPal in a similar manner. Private transactions like this are completely legal last I checked.

In turn you could use that $20 USD to buy back in what you just gave to your friend.

Withdrawing to USD and so on can all be researched by your friend. But this ultimately helps the coins growth and buy demand.

You can make it easy for your friends. This is one of the many reasons Crypto currencies are great. Ease of access is pretty much built in.

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:07:42 AM

Ultimately ease of access is a primary goal here. There is nothing wrong with straight up trading fiat with your friends. People you already know.

Say I know you but don't know much about NAUT but am curious and want to buy $20 USD worth. You help me get a NAUT wallet. I hand you the $20 you transfer $20 worth of NAUT into the wallet you helped me set up.

Or use PayPal in a similar manner. Private transactions like this are completely legal last I checked.

In turn you could use that $20 USD to buy back in what you just gave to your friend.

Withdrawing to USD and so on can all be researched by your friend. But this ultimately helps the coins growth and buy demand.

You can make it easy for your friends. This is one of the many reasons Crypto currencies are great. Ease of access is pretty much built in.

Someone randomly asked me get them some NAUT. I'm sure most people know someone who uses crypto these days and there's always ebay if they don't.

I might list some on ebay actually.

They'll probably sign up to moolah in the meantime and keep an eye on the price once they've done some research as many don't trust exchanges.

What's with all those 1000 sell orders? Keeping price down before the fight?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
BTCrawl

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:31:54 AM

Yeah that's a bit strange... either that or a miner autoselling maybe?
Doging

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:37:25 AM

They all popped up last night at the same time so I doubt it. Who would do that just before POS/fight/moolah?

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:42:47 AM

They all popped up last night at the same time so I doubt it. Who would do that just before POS/fight/moolah?

Really? I haven't kept track of the orderbook in the last few days. If so then yeah, you might very well be right.
asnghost

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:30:00 AM

Really? I haven't kept track of the orderbook in the last few days. If so then yeah, you might very well be right.

Multipools that daily convert altcoins to BTC. No single miner can mine that amount of NAUT atm.

BTCrawl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:24:49 PM

For those of you who are almost completely focused on altcoins, BTC is on a very nice run today Smiley
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

BK - I just noticed that Coinmarketcap.com uses the old block explorer. Do you think it would be a good idea to ask them to change it, or will the old one be fixed to show the correct blocks?
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:12:32 PM

Don't forget to vote!

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting/

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:39:13 PM

I can see the moon

Put some pants on.
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

I can see the moon

Put some pants on.

open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:19:21 PM

mjh712

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:25:18 PM

This issue has been raised in the past few days, but not really addressed in detail.  There are two major events going right now, the POS and the fight.  One event is important to the altcoin enthusiasts who have a deep understanding of how these systems work, the other event is an attempt to introduce NAUT to a group of people who probably don't know the first thing about BTC, let alone altcoins. 

For me, these events are completely unrelated and should be treated as such.  The POS will strengthen our hand with altcoin savvy people, and will hopefully lead to some buying of NAUT from within the altcoin community. 

However, MMA fans who will be watching the fight have no interest in the technical aspects of NAUT, and we would be wasting our breath trying to explain why POS is a big deal.  The issues must remain separate.  The exposure we will get from the fight will be relatively useless unless we can develop a mechanism for bringing those people into the fold (i.e. having them purchase NAUT).  I would argue that the overwhelming majority of them would not be willing/able to take all the steps currently needed to purchase NAUT (I can only assume the police station idea was made in jest).  This needs to be a major focus.  If NAUT can be the coin that becomes readily available to the masses, it becomes a real winner.  It was brought up in a previous post - it needs to be a few clicks and a credit card away.

People seem very certain that the exposure from this fight will have a huge and immediate effect on the price of the coin.  While I own a bunch of NAUT and will be a long term holder, I do not necessarily buy this line of thinking.  We need to make it easy for some guy sitting on his couch to own NAUT - directing him to a website that focuses on technical issues like POS, Digishield, etc., and making him go through multiple steps over the course of 4-5 days makes it extremely unlikely that this person will ever own NAUT. 

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic, as I am new to the altcoin community and am trying to approach this in a practical, business-centric sense.  The more people that pour money into NAUT, the more the currency appreciates, let's make it easier for this to happen!

BK - I would love to get your take on this issue
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:06:09 PM

This issue has been raised in the past few days, but not really addressed in detail.  There are two major events going right now, the POS and the fight.  One event is important to the altcoin enthusiasts who have a deep understanding of how these systems work, the other event is an attempt to introduce NAUT to a group of people who probably don't know the first thing about BTC, let alone altcoins. 

For me, these events are completely unrelated and should be treated as such.  The POS will strengthen our hand with altcoin savvy people, and will hopefully lead to some buying of NAUT from within the altcoin community. 

However, MMA fans who will be watching the fight have no interest in the technical aspects of NAUT, and we would be wasting our breath trying to explain why POS is a big deal.  The issues must remain separate.  The exposure we will get from the fight will be relatively useless unless we can develop a mechanism for bringing those people into the fold (i.e. having them purchase NAUT).  I would argue that the overwhelming majority of them would not be willing/able to take all the steps currently needed to purchase NAUT (I can only assume the police station idea was made in jest).  This needs to be a major focus.  If NAUT can be the coin that becomes readily available to the masses, it becomes a real winner.  It was brought up in a previous post - it needs to be a few clicks and a credit card away.

People seem very certain that the exposure from this fight will have a huge and immediate effect on the price of the coin.  While I own a bunch of NAUT and will be a long term holder, I do not necessarily buy this line of thinking.  We need to make it easy for some guy sitting on his couch to own NAUT - directing him to a website that focuses on technical issues like POS, Digishield, etc., and making him go through multiple steps over the course of 4-5 days makes it extremely unlikely that this person will ever own NAUT. 

I would appreciate any feedback on this topic, as I am new to the altcoin community and am trying to approach this in a practical, business-centric sense.  The more people that pour money into NAUT, the more the currency appreciates, let's make it easier for this to happen!

Nothing stopping you from having your friend hand you $20 USD Fiat, you help him set up a wallet and send him $20 worth of NAUT, then, in turn, purchasing $20 NAUT for yourself again.

Right now this is the shortest and easiest solution.

Doging

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:25:17 PM

How about verified ebay sellers as an option for these people. It can be done quite easily with minimal extra cost if customers are directed to sellers.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
xtent

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:11:06 PM

This has been an issue I was facing when I wanted to buy Naut.
Not the easiest and the very few I found willing to sell were totally trying to rip me off.
jh83

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:36:34 PM

How about verified ebay sellers as an option for these people. It can be done quite easily with minimal extra cost if customers are directed to sellers.

The ebay idea is thinking about it on the right scale.  Bartering may be the easiest and fastest solution for some people, but it's not scalable.  We're trying to get NAUT to hundreds of thousands of people.  The new people that we need to attract to NAUT don't have friends they can barter with.  They aren't going to setup a craiglist deal in a parking lot.  IMO, we'd be better off telling people to give us their email and we'll let them know when NAUT is available to be purchased easily than turning them off completely by sending them on some 10 step journey.  If people get to the site with the intent to buy and leave thinking it's way too complicated, we're worse off than we started. 

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: