Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901803 times)
BTCrawl

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:32:23 AM

Okay, here's a more succinct answer to our questions:

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/07/03/exchange-fiat-support-for-nautiluscoin-razorcoin-and-vericoin/

The Fiat/NAUT exchange on Moolah will be fully available as of July 4!

With the fact Moolah.io has a trading API, it's plausible the ability to trade for fiat from within the wallet is within grasp.
This is so awesome! :-) We also have the Fitch fight on Saturday and the PoS switch possibly happening this week too. Three awesome announcements in one week is pretty damn sweet!
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:34:53 AM

BK - would it be possible to implement something into the PoS that varies the paid stake depending on some external factor? I was thinking maybe give people an extra incentive to stake, by giving out larger stakes if they do. Maybe the inflation could vary from like 1-5% a year depending on how many people are staking, or something like that?
hardcoreprime

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:08:12 PM

So where can I easily buy #Naut

kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:55:57 PM

So where can I easily buy #Naut

Assuming you already have other crypto, bitcoin, etc... use mintpal, or cryptsy or agx.io - transfer some bitcoins in and vollia!

I made this assumption because your member status says you've been here since last December.

If this is not the case.. see about 2 posts up.. moolah.io

So far that's about it.. the moolah.io method should be the most frictionless method once it is up and running.

It's still not easy for the general public to buy into (any crypto, not just Naut, but hey thousands have/are doing it, so it's far from impossible)

The next 24 hours are critical!
hardcoreprime

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:22:31 PM

Its been probably mentioned before, but if i am the average person watching the fight and see "sponsored by Nautiluscoin" , I may be enticed to purchase some.  If i have to go through hoops.  I.E register at an exchange, send fiat for bitcoin and then bitcoin for Naut, then i think this will be a big deterrent.  We almost need to set something up and then include on the front page, a big button that says "Purchase Nautiluscoin here" possibly using paypal/bank deposit/credit card etc.

Doging

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

Its been probably mentioned before, but if i am the average person watching the fight and see "sponsored by Nautiluscoin" , I may be enticed to purchase some.  If i have to go through hoops.  I.E register at an exchange, send fiat for bitcoin and then bitcoin for Naut, then i think this will be a big deterrent.  We almost need to set something up and then include on the front page, a big button that says "Purchase Nautiluscoin here" possibly using paypal/bank deposit/credit card etc.

Is there a risk free way to do it? Paypal and ebay will reclaim funds from fraudulent purchases AFAIK.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:33:35 PM

Yup! You're not the first to say this.. if you read back through the pages, since the fight was announced, ideas like this have been proposed on here.
I'd be in agreement with you too. This was one of the things BK talked about in the beginning, was to be able to have an easy 'on ramp' for the public to get into Naut.
They will still need to educate themselves a bit though. I mean, where are you going to store it? Are these people familiar with the concept of a digital wallet?
So many hurdles.. I don't think the fight will cause a major influx of buying pressure from hitherto unknowing public. It's too early and we don't have the easy options yet for them to get in. But, I really do think it will get some people interested and beginning to educate themselves as to what crypto is all about.. A percentage of those will even go the whole way and go through the required hoops to buy some. Most will wait though, until there are easier options.
It's still a pretty damn good start though if you ask me. Remember, this is only the first such sponsorship. I'm sure there will be more... and hopefully by the time there is, there will be easier options for people to buy it.

The next 24 hours are critical!
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:39:31 PM

Is there a risk free way to do it? Paypal and ebay will reclaim funds from fraudulent purchases AFAIK.

Can some one explain to me why a purchase paid with paypal will be refunded? It is really easy to prove that the coins where delivered.. or do I see this wrong?
hardcoreprime

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:49:29 PM

Yup! You're not the first to say this.. if you read back through the pages, since the fight was announced, ideas like this have been proposed on here.
I'd be in agreement with you too. This was one of the things BK talked about in the beginning, was to be able to have an easy 'on ramp' for the public to get into Naut.
They will still need to educate themselves a bit though. I mean, where are you going to store it? Are these people familiar with the concept of a digital wallet?
So many hurdles.. I don't think the fight will cause a major influx of buying pressure from hitherto unknowing public. It's too early and we don't have the easy options yet for them to get in. But, I really do think it will get some people interested and beginning to educate themselves as to what crypto is all about.. A percentage of those will even go the whole way and go through the required hoops to buy some. Most will wait though, until there are easier options.
It's still a pretty damn good start though if you ask me. Remember, this is only the first such sponsorship. I'm sure there will be more... and hopefully by the time there is, there will be easier options for people to buy it.

Excellent.  I would suspect that if Brian keeps promoting and advertising like he is doing, then eventually one day when crypto is mainstream, Nautiluscoin will be one of the few coins that the average Joe will remember (along side bitcoin of course)

Doging

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:53:00 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 03:03:48 PM by Doging

Its been probably mentioned before, but if i am the average person watching the fight and see "sponsored by Nautiluscoin" , I may be enticed to purchase some.  If i have to go through hoops.  I.E register at an exchange, send fiat for bitcoin and then bitcoin for Naut, then i think this will be a big deterrent.  We almost need to set something up and then include on the front page, a big button that says "Purchase Nautiluscoin here" possibly using paypal/bank deposit/credit card etc.

Can some one explain to me why a purchase paid with paypal will be refunded? It is really easy to prove that the coins where delivered.. or do I see this wrong?

Paypal were ignoring proof last time I checked, people were buying vast amounts of crypto on ebay and paypal was refunding them without hesitation. It looked intentional to me. I think there's ways round it but might technically break paypal terms. A trusted escrow might be a good idea as people can easily buy bitcoin over ebay if necessary.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:53:48 PM

Ultimately the fact still remains. No matter who you go through they will still have due diligence. For fiat exchange that is

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:10:59 PM

Paypal were ignoring proof last time I checked, people were buying vast amounts of crypto on ebay and paypal was refunding them without hesitation. It looked intentional to me. I think there's ways round it but might technically break paypal terms. Maybe a trusted escrow might be a good idea as people can easily buy bitcoin over ebay if necessary.

Ok, thanks for explaining. Also looks intentional to me if that is true.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:23:01 PM

Ultimately the fact still remains. No matter who you go through they will still have due diligence. For fiat exchange that is

That's why those stupid laws need changing.  They aren't stopping any of the big criminals from money laundering they're just stopping regular people and small businesses from making transactions.
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

That's why those stupid laws need changing.  They aren't stopping any of the big criminals from money laundering they're just stopping regular people and small businesses from making transactions.

You mean stopping them from making EASY transactions.

Don't forget to vote:
http://www.coinwarz.com/voting/

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:54:06 PM

No I meant exactly what I said.  Who knows how many transactions that could occur are stopped from occurring because people can't be bothered with all the stupid anti-money laundering measures.
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:27:54 PM

Quick PoS update -

I am told it is complete, but I was too busy yesterday to check it out.  I will look today and hopefully get it set for beta testing.  Since the fight is only 2 days away, its probably best to wait until next week to implement. 

The steps as I see them:
1.) Beta test PoS - we will need help with this
2.) Pick a block to implement
3.) Implement multi-pool

-BK

BTCrawl

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:30:16 PM

Quick PoS update -

I am told it is complete, but I was too busy yesterday to check it out.  I will look today and hopefully get it set for beta testing.  Since the fight is only 2 days away, its probably best to wait until next week to implement.  

The steps as I see them:
1.) Beta test PoS - we will need help with this
2.) Pick a block to implement
3.) Implement multi-pool

-BK

I can help out with betatesting! :-) Do you think we can get a changelog from the developers to see exactly what's implemented? I mean things like yearly inflation (seem to recall you wanting it to be 2%?) and similar. It will make it easier to write announcements, articles etc for people who's got crypto newssites and so on. I'm sure David Seaman would like to write something for his website for example, as he seems to be a hardcore Nautiluscoin fan.
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:38:53 PM

Also ICYMI the banner, shorts and shirt for the fight

FlyingMongoose

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:52:04 PM

No I meant exactly what I said.  Who knows how many transactions that could occur are stopped from occurring because people can't be bothered with all the stupid anti-money laundering measures.

Thus making it DIFFICULT, and last I checked a qualifying antonym to "difficult" is "easy".

Also, BK, anyone here of course would be happy to help you test the PoS implementation, but I'm not certain rolling it out next week would be best. Here's why. (I'm playing devil's advocate here)

Lets say we do get new people thanks to sponsorship, they download the wallet, buy their naut put it in their wallet and think they're set.

But wait, next week their wallet stops syncing and they think they have a problem then they feel they've lost money, they sell off whatever they can or just say screw it on virtual currencies and give up on them and accept a loss. Of course, an auto-updater could alleviate this.

But on the same coin, if you do have it be AFTER the fight, you should put it out far enough that those that DO buy in will be able to read updates and research so they know it's coming.

Having PoS release on Monday after the fight would ultimately cause the issue I described first, people in crypto (and new to crypto) are often wary, and quick to panic, anything that LOOKS like a problem can cause them to sell off.

So if you do plan for release after the fight, you must do so VERY carefully.

To those who don't know, July 4th is the United States' Independence day, a national holiday, and typically a required holiday for employers to give to employees (this is probably why BK is saying it will probably be after the fight).

Lastly, planning a release after the fight, please make sure you have a series of asic farms lined up for the days up until Proof of Stake (don't allow it to run out on July 4th, 5th, 6th, and so on).

So it leaves it at this:
Release Proof of Stake tomorrow, Saturday, or Sunday for your loyal coin holders, but have potential issues due to not enough wide testing, however a more up to date wallet available for any new investors for the fight.

Wait to release Proof of Stake, but wait long enough (I'd say a week), for solid testing, bug fixing, etc, and make posts anywhere and everywhere you can to emphasize everyone knows its coming (including those new coin holders).

BTCrawl

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:55:27 PM

No I meant exactly what I said.  Who knows how many transactions that could occur are stopped from occurring because people can't be bothered with all the stupid anti-money laundering measures.

Thus making it DIFFICULT, and last I checked a qualifying antonym to "difficult" is "easy".

Also, BK, anyone here of course would be happy to help you test the PoS implementation, but I'm not certain rolling it out next week would be best. Here's why. (I'm playing devil's advocate here)

Lets say we do get new people thanks to sponsorship, they download the wallet, buy their naut put it in their wallet and think they're set.

But wait, next week their wallet stops syncing and they think they have a problem then they feel they've lost money, they sell of whatever they can and say screw it on virtual currencies because of the headache of having to update their wallet (unless you have an auto-updater in mind).

But on the same coin, if you do have it be AFTER the fight, you should put it out far enough that those that DO buy in will be able to read updates and research so they know it's coming.

Having PoS release on Monday after the fight would ultimately cause the issue I described first, people in crypto (and new to crypto) are often wary, and quick to panic, anything that LOOKS like a problem can cause them to sell off.

So if you do plan for release after the fight, you must do so VERY carefully.

To those who don't know, July 4th is the United States' Independence day, a national holiday, and typically a required holiday for employers to give to employees (this is probably why BK is saying it will probably be after the fight).

Also, BK, planning a release after the fight, please make sure you have a series of asic farms lined up for the days up until Proof of Stake (don't allow it to run out on July 4th, 5th, 6th, and so on).
Good point... How much beta testing is required? If it's just a quick test maybe we could get it done Sunday, and most people probably won't buy anything until next week anyway so that would give the devs time to get the new wallet out to make sure that everyone who gets into Naut by next week will have the correct wallet, and won't need to update immediately.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: