Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901796 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:42:31 PM

Feel free to dump anytime, plenty of people will catch your cheap coins.

Now that I've calmed down I'm going to try to resist that urge.  Note I don't think Bryce Weiner is stupid or incapable.  I think he has talent but the biggest problem with Bryce Weiner is Bryce Weiner and his post here illustrates the point.  Some people are immediately turned off anything that involves him and you can see that with any of the coins he has worked on.  I hope this time it's different particularly if someone else at blocktech can deal with PR rather than Bryce.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:44:34 PM

good to see this, obviouslly other guy was getting nowhere so might as well hire real company(no matter how controversial) at least i think it will be donw this time Smiley ..and not to forget congrats flying moongose (endorsed by bk himself)
Lol yeah, poor FlyingMongoose got buried in all of this! Cheesy Congrats buddy!

Congrats to Mongoose and to Bryce, no offence to bitsta but I'll sleep a whole lot better with blocktech involved.

Bagholding hasn't felt this good for a long time.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Doging

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:52:25 PM

Now that I've calmed down I'm going to try to resist that urge.  Note I don't think Bryce Weiner is stupid or incapable.  I think he has talent but the biggest problem with Bryce Weiner is Bryce Weiner and his post here illustrates the point.  Some people are immediately turned off anything that involves him and you can see that with any of the coins he has worked on.  I hope this time it's different particularly if someone else at blocktech can deal with PR rather than Bryce.

People either love him or hate him but he's the reason I bought NAUT and I'm pleased he's on our side. I did OK mining on his blake pool so can't really complain about his coins.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
BTCrawl

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:53:34 PM

I like Bryce, but I can see why some people don't. I'd invite you to look at it like this though; this isn't Bryces coin, BK will do all the PR and whatnot. Therefore the only thing that's really important is if Bryce, and the rest of Blocktech, are good devs or not. I think even their biggest detractors will have to (grudgingly!) agree that they are.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:02:49 PM

I like Bryce, but I can see why some people don't. I'd invite you to look at it like this though; this isn't Bryces coin, BK will do all the PR and whatnot. Therefore the only thing that's really important is if Bryce, and the rest of Blocktech, are good devs or not. I think even their biggest detractors will have to (grudgingly!) agree that they are.

That's why I'm still in.  My main problem with Bryce is that he scares people away.  I don't personally care what he's like because I'm not trying to be his friend - lol, but unfortunately these days PR seems to be even more important than the product itself these days.
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:04:10 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 06:14:27 PM by FlyingMongoose

That's why I'm still in.  My main problem with Bryce is that he scares people away.  I don't personally care what he's like because I'm not trying to be his friend - lol, but unfortunately these days PR seems to be even more important than the product itself these days.

Personally I think product is more important. In my own development my first goal is always function. Form can always come later if the function is solid. In fact I think that should be a general rule of all development, unfortunately people like pretty shineys... ADD isn't a condition because it's just too damn common to be one.

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)
NftgUJjAWDcbCHNpEQD2ASGG5PhP36yVuk

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/

To Do:
Release Proof of Stake Wallet - Being Worked on by Blocktech
Mobile Wallet App - (Doesn't NEED to stake, but would be nice).
Multipool
Official block explorer - The NautInsight one is nice, but it's not marked as official (it wouldn't hurt to have that block explorer moved to the nautiluscoin domain)
Video(s) - Make Nautiluscoin promo videos!
Website update - Front page update
Come up with more plans to get naut into the hands of more people and more in the public eye

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

That's why I'm still in.  My main problem with Bryce is that he scares people away.  I don't personally care what he's like because I'm not trying to be his friend - lol, but unfortunately these days PR seems to be even more important than the product itself these days.

Personally I think product is more important. In my own development my first goal is always function. Form can always come later if the function is solid. In fact I think that should be a general rule of all development, unfortunately people like pretty shineys... ADD isn't a condition because it's just too damn common to be one.

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)

Don't forget to vote

To Do:
Multipool
Official block explorer - The NautInsight one is nice, but it's not marked as official (it wouldn't hurt to have that block explorer moved to the nautiluscoin domain)
Come up with more plans to get naut into the hands of more people and more in the public eye
Maybe Blocktech can also set up a multipool? Anyone knows?
Youghoor

Merit: 275

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:20:41 PM

Now that I've calmed down I'm going to try to resist that urge.  Note I don't think Bryce Weiner is stupid or incapable.  I think he has talent but the biggest problem with Bryce Weiner is Bryce Weiner and his post here illustrates the point.  Some people are immediately turned off anything that involves him and you can see that with any of the coins he has worked on.  I hope this time it's different particularly if someone else at blocktech can deal with PR rather than Bryce.

That's why I'm still in.  My main problem with Bryce is that he scares people away.  I don't personally care what he's like because I'm not trying to be his friend - lol, but unfortunately these days PR seems to be even more important than the product itself these days.

Don't forget to vote

To Do:
Multipool
Maybe Blocktech can also set up a multipool? Anyone knows?

don't have any idea about it but needs to find out.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:46:31 PM

People either love him or hate him but he's the reason I bought NAUT and I'm pleased he's on our side. I did OK mining on his blake pool so can't really complain about his coins.

Blake is not a Bryce coin.

Try ZET and Myriad, two utter failures he pumped even after I clearly pointed out they were frauds.  He lead a lot of people into massive losses as he unloaded coins he bought on the cheap. 

The man is talentless and unscrupulous.  I really can't believe BK couldn't find a real programmer given his resources.  My hope is that Bryce will not touch anything but will instead have the real programmers at blocktech do the job.

BK may not know this but Bryce is not a real programmer - he's a total newbie.  This is a fact!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

Is there a reason that nautilus needs to be so steadfastly tied to bryce? There was a serious backlash when the blake coins were tied to NAUT before it had even built up much momentum. After the disaster that happened a few days ago I am finding this to be a strange announcement personally.

I suppose I'm just wondering when nautilus is going to have a chance to have its own brand identity. The price shows other people also feel uncertain, it's taken a right dive after all the work that was put in trying to stabilize it a short time ago.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:17:42 PM

Is there a reason that nautilus needs to be so steadfastly tied to bryce? There was a serious backlash when the blake coins were tied to NAUT before it had even built up much momentum. After the disaster that happened a few days ago I am finding this to be a strange announcement personally.

I suppose I'm just wondering when nautilus is going to have a chance to have its own brand identity. The price shows other people also feel uncertain, it's taken a right dive after all the work that was put in trying to stabilize it a short time ago.
I think it has more to do with the inflation being about 1% daily.
Doging

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:38:06 PM

The dev situation didn't help confidence either. Do you think BK's business plan will be NAUT's brand identity? The Fitch fight was a petty smart move but POS seems to have been a huge distraction since then.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:50:22 PM

Honestly, I think the only people he "scares away" are dumb or easily offended. The fact that Vlad doesn't like him is probably a good sign.
chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:52:33 PM

Now that we are restarting I strongly believe we should use BC's PoSv2. It looks like a huge improvement and they say it is imminent. Is this a possibility Bryce?
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:06:34 PM

The dev situation didn't help confidence either. Do you think BK's business plan will be NAUT's brand identity? The Fitch fight was a petty smart move but POS seems to have been a huge distraction since then.
Yeah, it certainly messed things up a bit. As someone who's worked on a few fairly large projects in IT I can understand how tricky it is when a dev is giving you dates, and you're forced to choose between waiting and finding another person for the job. I think everyone can see that though, and as soon as we've got PoS going all of that will be forgotten and the real work will begin. The way I see it the time before PoS is just a way to distribute the coins among investors, as most of the mid-term projects are tied to the PoS implementation. Also, both BK and Bryce confirmed that they'll implement a dynamic PoS code, which will give Naut a technical, as well as economical, selling point.

So to summarize, in a month (?) Naut will hopefully have the following sellingpoints:
* A unique, dynamic PoS algorithm that may or may not be based on PoS 2.0.
* Fast transaction times.
* At least one multipool, that will push the price up and create volume.
* The NSF, which is not only unique to Naut but very hard to replicate because it's based on trust in the team behind it.
* A creator with resources, reputation and connections unheard of in the altcoin market.
* A very dedicated community.

That's a pretty damn good starting point if you ask me, even though I probably missed a couple of things Smiley
newra

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

PoS Update

I have asked Blocktech to take over the PoS implementation.  They have a strong team who can execute my original vision of a dynamic PoS.  As well, they are visible and accessible.

It is my view, that this change will dramatically improve NAUT.

-BK

Very good move.
Would it make sense to make use of BC's POS v2.0 implementation for NAUT. I am not an expert, but I it apparently addresses security vulnerabilities in a pure POS coin.

Also rat4 believes in keeping the QT wallet plain vanilla, without bloating it with features. Which means NAUT can take advantage of POS updates to BC post 2.0.
Just something to think about.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:15:10 PM

BlackCoin is also going a similar development... Therefore, we may lose steam here for a while...
BTCrawl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:18:18 PM

PoS Update

I have asked Blocktech to take over the PoS implementation.  They have a strong team who can execute my original vision of a dynamic PoS.  As well, they are visible and accessible.

-BK

Very good move.
Would it make sense to make use of BC's POS v2.0 implementation for NAUT. I am not an expert, but I it apparently addresses security vulnerabilities in a pure POS coin.

Also rat4 believes in keeping the QT wallet plain vanilla, without bloating it with features. Which means NAUT can take advantage of POS updates to BC post 2.0.
Bryce posted on Twitter that he has a beta version of 2.0  to play with and that he's very impressed. He also said that they'll look at adding the final thing if the timing is right. My guess is that they want to get it out as soon as possible, and it depends on when Blackcoin is done with the update.
newra

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

I like Bryce too. If you are concerned about Bryce scaring people away, my response would be that this coin is still very much going to be BK's coin. It's just great to have a resource like Bryce helping out. Welcome Bryce Smiley
newra

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:21:36 PM

PoS Update

-BK

Very good move.

Bryce posted on Twitter that he has a beta version of 2.0  to play with and that he's very impressed. He also said that they'll look at adding the final thing if the timing is right. My guess is that they want to get it out as soon as possible, and it depends on when Blackcoin is done with the update.

Sounds good.
BTW BC's POS v2.0 wallets are already available. It's supposed to kick-in at Block 319000 (sorry I don't know when exactly it is, believe it's very soon)
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: