Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 142388 times)
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:07:22 AM

I think Nick Szabo (creator of bit gold, a Bitcoin precursor) is the most likely candidate, possibly with one or more collaborators.

The letters make sense

Absolutely, never noticed the correlation before!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

Go to mtgox and you will find Nakamoto.

The top bitcoin exchanger is in Japan and a japanese man created bitcoin

Go there and you will find him

Yep, the guy who created "Magic: The Gathering Online Exchange" clearly is the same man who created one of the most original and fresh takes on economic theory in 100+ years.
Yup, and he created a trading engine that could only do 7 trades a second after creating bitcoin Cheesy

He put all of his bitcoins into Mt Gox, and his account got GOXXXED, and now he has nothing.

Satoshi is broke.  Long live Satoshi.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:41:57 PM

Go to mtgox and you will find Nakamoto.

The top bitcoin exchanger is in Japan and a japanese man created bitcoin

Go there and you will find him

Yep, the guy who created "Magic: The Gathering Online Exchange" clearly is the same man who created one of the most original and fresh takes on economic theory in 100+ years.

didn't the founder of gox also create an innovative peer2peer platform edonkey2k ? i believe his work with p2p tech is what made most suspect he is indeed satoshi along with multiple other coincidences.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:20:33 AM

Satoshi is from the UK and I think I know where he lives, here are the reasons why:

The first American settlers stuck two fingers up at the British establishment by removing silent letters from perfectly good words. So I still have to keep changing the default spell check language in Word from American English to British English. Microsoft have no incentive for fixing this problem, so it's something you have to get used to doing every now and then.

That's what got me thinking about Satoshi's country of origin. His/Her/Their 2009 paper uses the word 'favour' and not 'fovor'.

The original p2p network, now the internet, well that was Sir Tim Berners Lee, another Brit. So p2p at the game changing level is something of a national sport.

But then there are the actors in the software scenario testing and development - Alice and Bob. Typical British names, but we are still light years away from a smoking gun. But who in Japan uses Alice and Bob when trying to figure out the bad actors out there and how they might try and attack Bitcoin code? That strikes a blow for Japan being the mother of bitcoin invention.

Then there is the first IP address used to send a bitcoin transaction. Yes BTC was first seen as involving the movement of value over IP.

Alice was sent 9.95 of something at 11.45pm on 3 January 2009 (American's use January 3, 2009, so not a Yank) by Bob for order #12345. Her IP address started with 192.168........ I could tell you the rest, but then I would have to kill you. It seems that this early use IP address is still in use somewhere in England (i.e. Not Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland), but this time by a little chap who likes gaming and has created a server for his friends with this address.

Now the IP address could indeed be random. But if you are alpha testing, you might want to check that transactions are working, so would you use a random address, in a system originally designed to use IP addresses as well as block codes? Was the advent of anonymity a later step in the original development process?

Or, did Satoshi have a little kid who is now a teenage gaming geek? Maybe, the property with this IP address is owned by a different family.

Either way, my bet is that Satoshi is English, as many others have pointed out based on times of posts and use of grammar.

This would indeed make sense, all the great inventors are from the UK (let the abuse begin Grin), its something to do with the water.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:39:03 AM

Satoshi is from the UK and I think I know where he lives, here are the reasons why:

The first American settlers stuck two fingers up at the British establishment by removing silent letters from perfectly good words. So I still have to keep changing the default spell check language in Word from American English to British English. Microsoft have no incentive for fixing this problem, so it's something you have to get used to doing every now and then.

That's what got me thinking about Satoshi's country of origin. His/Her/Their 2009 paper uses the word 'favour' and not 'fovor'.

The original p2p network, now the internet, well that was Sir Tim Berners Lee, another Brit. So p2p at the game changing level is something of a national sport.

But then there are the actors in the software scenario testing and development - Alice and Bob. Typical British names, but we are still light years away from a smoking gun. But who in Japan uses Alice and Bob when trying to figure out the bad actors out there and how they might try and attack Bitcoin code? That strikes a blow for Japan being the mother of bitcoin invention.

Then there is the first IP address used to send a bitcoin transaction. Yes BTC was first seen as involving the movement of value over IP.

Alice was sent 9.95 of something at 11.45pm on 3 January 2009 (American's use January 3, 2009, so not a Yank) by Bob for order #12345. Her IP address started with 192.168........ I could tell you the rest, but then I would have to kill you. It seems that this early use IP address is still in use somewhere in England (i.e. Not Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland), but this time by a little chap who likes gaming and has created a server for his friends with this address.

Now the IP address could indeed be random. But if you are alpha testing, you might want to check that transactions are working, so would you use a random address, in a system originally designed to use IP addresses as well as block codes? Was the advent of anonymity a later step in the original development process?

Or, did Satoshi have a little kid who is now a teenage gaming geek? Maybe, the property with this IP address is owned by a different family.

Either way, my bet is that Satoshi is English, as many others have pointed out based on times of posts and use of grammar.

This would indeed make sense, all the great inventors are from the UK (let the abuse begin Grin), its something to do with the water.

Interesting. That IP address wouldn't be 192.168.0.1 per chance?  Because that is the default internal address mask number for almost every wifi router in the world, and just means that Satoshi was testing out the Send-to-IP function on an internal network, or even within his own GNU/Linux machine. 

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:22:00 AM

Some people think he/she/them is actually affiliated to a government whose interest lies in creating a means to strike against existing fiat currency domination conditions.

This could mean that PRC government and many other emerging economies would be interested, but it could also be a honey trap against those with motivations to do so.

Cryptocurrency and its derivatives are out of the bag now. First nation state to claim the lion's share in its control will benefit handsomely, just as those who took the lion's share in taming and keeping tabs on good part of the internet has profited from that venture.

So this satoshi moniker doesn't have to be a person - a group is more likely. All those hints pointing towards UK origin sounds very easy to fake for anyone with a drop of motivation in concealing their identity.

Interesting reading here on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361215.0
Mylon

Activity: 140

Mining FTW

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:46:14 AM

As a network engineer, I can tell you that the 192.168.x.x range will be black-holed by any decent provider. This because it is specified to be the subnet to use for lan's.
Interesting. That IP address wouldn't be 192.168.0.1 per chance?  Because that is the default internal address mask number for almost every wifi router in the world, and just means that Satoshi was testing out the Send-to-IP function on an internal network, or even within his own GNU/Linux machine. 
This is the only reasonable explanation I have for it too.

Loved the rest of the story though!

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:38:37 AM

Cryptocurrency and its derivatives are out of the bag now. First nation state to claim the lion's share in its control will benefit handsomely, just as those who took the lion's share in taming and keeping tabs on good part of the internet has profited from that venture.

Then it's China, because the US government doesn't stand to benefit regardless, since it will lose the trade advantages that come with being the one entity that can issue the international reserve currency.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:26:45 AM

To say Jed is a Satoshi is an insult to Satoshi I guess. That guy went on to work on Ripple, I can't believe Satoshi would like an idea like that.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:22:12 AM

Then it's China, because the US government doesn't stand to benefit regardless, since it will lose the trade advantages that come with being the one entity that can issue the international reserve currency.

If US can take control, it would be a fortune telling matter to say what it could do with that kind of control over a new concept. The benefits could outweigh the immediate cost.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:52:37 PM

Interesting. That IP address wouldn't be 192.168.0.1 per chance?

No, its not that one.
toddfletcher

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:31:22 PM

I vote for Nick Szabo. As soon as I started reading his papers I felt I was in the presence of the mind that conceived it. It's such a novel approach, and bitcoin seems to be based on his conclusions about the place of money in human interactions.

At any rate, I found this very illuminating. Contempo economists can only think in terms of today's system, or at best as far back as the industrial revolution. Szabo examines the roots of money in primitive societies and primitive humans, and I think he uncovers important aspects of it's nature and role that are invisible to modern economists. From this standpoint, I believe he designed bitcoin to perfectly fulfill all of the roles primitive money played in the human psyche. And that explains it's success; it's tailor made to the human species, and we find it irresistible.

http://szabo.best.vwh.net/shell.html
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:54:53 PM

If Wei Dei or Nick Szabo are not nakamoto themselves then they are most surely his parents ... and credit should be placed where credit is due.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 02:00:55 PM

No! That's my IP! Wink

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:19:42 PM

No, its not that one.

It was a trick question, the entire set of addresses that start with 192.168.x.x are part of a reserved block of addresses for a class C intranet.  There are no Internet providers that use that subnet.

bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:27:15 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is a nickname owned by the NSA.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:03:09 PM

Nakamoto, Satoshi Alfred

Born: Washington, DC

Profession: Troublemaker

Hobbies: Revolution and Cryptography

Political Association: Libertarian

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 05:17:30 PM

Nakamoto, Satoshi Alfred

Ah, he's a professional colleague, then? Wink

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:33:06 PM

Nakamoto, Satoshi Alfred

Ah, he's a professional colleague, then? Wink

Absolutely! lol

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 08:03:36 PM

Can anyone help to locate this board ? If it still exists ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358790.msg3839053#msg3839053

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: