Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209242 times)
ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:25:58 AM

Still getting this issue

wtf do i do......

I've been told

- supposed to be like that will go back up (doesn')

- told its normal and stil hashing poolside (nope)

- Try changinging pools (tried btc guild, bitminter and ck pool) still nothing

- tried updating the firmware (heped but didnt quit totally)

-  installed antmonitor (helped also but doest reset automatically when the hashing on the left colum drops so low)

- been blown off (self explain)

- been trolled and tried to be givin viruses (priceless)

please help the bridge is in sight. Its tall and its a long long long way down.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:18:03 AM

Still getting this issue

Have you tried just scheduling it to reboot every 12 hours?

Maybe it's time to talk to Bitmain and request that it be replaced.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
ChineseSavior

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:54:52 AM

M

ok i will try this. Can i reset them more automatically? What is the threshold where I will see a drop in hashing compared to auto reset amount etc? Thanks.

for example how many times can i reset auto pre day w.o seeing my btc earnings drop. Tyvm
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:56:27 AM

M

ok i will try this. Can i reset them more automatically? What is the threshold where I will see a drop in hashing compared to auto reset amount etc? Thanks.

for example how many times can i reset auto pre day w.o seeing my btc earnings drop. Tyvm

Use the scheduled reboot option in my app.  You can set it for 2 different times, or after so much up time.  Shouldn't affect your earnings, assuming your miner reboots and returns to service as it's supposed to.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
ChineseSavior

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:04:44 PM

M

Use the scheduled reboot option in my app.  You can set it for 2 different times, or after so much up time.  Shouldn't affect your earnings, assuming your miner reboots and returns to service as it's supposed to.

M

well about 24dhrs later this did fix the s3problem or so it seems. the problem now tho is my c1 doesnt seem to like being rebooted by the app. its almost as if i have to take the c1 off now unless there is an alternate option
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:36:44 PM

M

M

well about 24dhrs later this did fix the s3problem or so it seems. the problem now tho is my c1 doesnt seem to like being rebooted by the app. its almost as if i have to take the c1 off now unless there is an alternate option

Here's a beta of the current version I'm working on.  It contains a new "do not reboot" flag that you can turn on for your C1 or any other miners you don't want to auto reboot.  Keep in mind this is all inclusive, when it's turned on, it will not reboot.  There are other changes as well, most of which are complete, but some are incomplete.  I've been using it with my SP20s and S4s without a problem, so you should be okay.

Download link: MMinerMonitor44b1.zip

M

ChineseSavior

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:15:28 PM

M

M

Here's a beta of the current version I'm working on.  It contains a new "do not reboot" flag that you can turn on for your C1 or any other miners you don't want to auto reboot.  Keep in mind this is all inclusive, when it's turned on, it will not reboot.  There are other changes as well, most of which are complete, but some are incomplete.  I've been using it with my SP20s and S4s without a problem, so you should be okay.

Download link: MMinerMonitor44b1.zip

M

tyvm
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:08:24 PM

Is there a method to have an S5 and or SP20 stop mining completely during certain times/days ?
I'm wanting it to kick on when I'm not home or asleep already then turn off during the day.
Will be very nice during the summer as well.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:23:04 PM

Is there a method to have an S5 and or SP20 stop mining completely during certain times/days ?
I'm wanting it to kick on when I'm not home or asleep already then turn off during the day.

It's theoretically possible.  I'd have to try it to see what would happen.  I know there's a way to disable cgminer via the API, but the miners might have a "watchdog" in them that will notice cgminer is idle and restart it.

M

PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:35:00 AM

It's theoretically possible.  I'd have to try it to see what would happen.  I know there's a way to disable cgminer via the API, but the miners might have a "watchdog" in them that will notice cgminer is idle and restart it.

M

Thanks! I'd be okay with disabling that watch dog over SSH if the S5/SP20 allow it.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:29:29 AM

Here's v4.4.  I posted this earlier but it got lost.

Change log:
v4.4
- Added a new miner flag "Do Not Reboot".  If that's checked off, no matter how you try, it will not reboot.
- Fixed numerous problems with the update pool logic.  Note that the pool update functionality operates via the API, which means API update access must be enabled (W: in your cgminer config).  Also note this is not a permanent update; changes will be lost if you update the miner via the UI or the miner is rebooted.
- Added a "Queue" output option to show the current queue size of your miner.
- Added a "ATemp" output option to show the average temperature of the individual temperature readings for that miner.
- Changed to display the hash speeds formatted, ie, 2.01 TH/s instead of 2012.
- Added support for the Scrypt miner Innosilicon A2 88MH.

Note that I've since found this also effectively breaks web scraping for S1 - S3 units.  I no longer have any Antminer units on hand, only S4s remote, so these are hard to test.

Thanks to everyone who's sent donations recently.  It's a rough time to be a miner; I appreciate the tips here and there!

The next version should have web scraping support for S4s and Spondoolie units, plus fix it so it works again for S1 - S3 units.

Download link: MMinerMonitor44.zip

M

Kexkey

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

M

There is actually such watchdog in the Bitmain products.  I wanted to cool down my machines by executing some kind of "cgminer stop ; sleep 600 ; cgminer start" every once in a while but couldn't stop them more than... well I think it was 3 minutes.

I guess to achieve the sleep feature, the API only won't be enough.

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:19:18 AM

M

There is actually such watchdog in the Bitmain products.  I wanted to cool down my machines by executing some kind of "cgminer stop ; sleep 600 ; cgminer start" every once in a while but couldn't stop them more than... well I think it was 3 minutes.

Maybe disabling all the pools would work?

M

Kexkey

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:25:57 PM

M

M

Hey, good idea!  Just temporarily adding some extra character at the end of the pool URL (ie. www.pool.comq) would make it marked as dead and if the miner has no pool to mine, it will stop mining.  There you go!

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:46:10 PM

M

M

Hey, good idea!  Just temporarily adding some extra character at the end of the pool URL (ie. www.pool.comq) would make it marked as dead and if the miner has no pool to mine, it will stop mining.  There you go!

That would do it too!  Keep in mind it may still trigger the watchdog.  I haven't been able to set the p2pool info via the API and have it "stick", so a watchdog would bring it back.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:13:06 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 02:02:31 AM by mdude77

Here's version 4.5 .

This version fixes web scraping for S1-S3 units, and adds web scraping support for S4s and Spondoolie units.

To use this functionality, make sure your web port and web credentials are set correctly, AND "use API" is turned off.

This means you can monitor your remote Spondoolie units!

I still only have access to an SP20.  I'd really appreciate someone with other SP units trying this and letting me know the results.

Download link: MMinerMonitor46.zip

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:03:42 AM

Here's v4.6.

v4.6
- Enables alerts on XCount for Spondoolie units.  This value is populated when using the Web monitoring for a Spondoolie unit.
- Fixes a potential memory leak.

Download link: MMinerMonitor46.zip

M

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:06:00 AM

Make sure you only access the spondoolies box over https otherwise you are passing the credentials in clear text.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:11:53 AM

Make sure you only access the spondoolies box over https otherwise you are passing the credentials in clear text.

That is a good point.  I wonder how many people actually put https when checking their remote machines?

My remote devices are only accessible via my IP, and https doesn't work.  Not sure if that's a Bitmain limitation, or a host limitation.  (I don't have any spondoolie hardware remote just yet.)

M

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:15:27 AM

That is a good point.  I wonder how many people actually put https when checking their remote machines?

My remote devices are only accessible via my IP, and https doesn't work.  Not sure if that's a Bitmain limitation, or a host limitation.  (I don't have any spondoolie hardware remote just yet.)

M

spondoolies works over http AND https by default

Natted and firewalled but still I access via https Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: