Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v5.2: alerts,auto/mass/scheduled reboot/mobile miner  (Read 209284 times)
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:44:38 AM

I had a look through the source code and I would seriously suggest nobody use this application, there doesn't seem to be anything malicious but it is very poorly designed. It is parsing the Antminer web interface rather than hooking into the cgminer API. Loading the HTML interface on the Antminer takes up excess processing power and should be avoided at all costs especially on S1 which runs a MIPS based control board. Using this application could very well cause instability and reduce your hash rate.

Mining Software Developer.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:48:17 AM

I had a look through the source code and I would seriously suggest nobody use this application, there doesn't seem to be anything malicious but it is very poorly designed. It is parsing the Antminer web interface rather than hooking into the cgminer API. Loading the HTML interface on the Antminer takes up excess processing power and should be avoided at all costs especially on S1 which runs a MIPS based control board. Using this application could very well cause instability and reduce your hash rate.

Feel free to design a better one!  Last I checked the cgminer API isn't open to any IP except "localhost", which means the Ant's IP.  That means you have to know how to get in there to change it.

This is designed to be pnp, just like the Ants.

I ran this against my S1s for weeks before I initially released it, with no problems, and no decrease in hash rate.

I did warn against running the refresh rate too low.

I think that "poorly designed" is a bit harsh, honestly.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:50:07 AM

Im having an issue where the monitor does not show all the devises it has pinged. In the log they are responding just not displaying stats.

can you post a screenshot of what the browser status page looks like through your browser?

M

Yea I will sorry I been busy the last few days. Ill try to get that up tonight.

1.5 is looking awesome! I did however get this error again after attempting to use the browsers in the Ant Monitor.

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute function dispatcher target for entry '/'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/sauth.lua:87: Session data invalid!
stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'assert'
   /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: in function 'dispatch'
   /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

Only 1 of my 3 Antminer S1 units is reporting this error after I attempt a login through FireFox. Also, 1 of my Antminers is not showing on the monitor. It was showing before the the issue above. I am sure a reboot of my S1 will resolve my issue (again)
Should I have a certain version of IE installed? Thanks

It should not be IE version dependent.  Some Ants are flaky, I've seen that error on one of my S1s before I started using my app. 

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:54:25 AM

Roll Eyes

I have been using it for some days not, I can not see any drop in hashrate.

rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:53:24 PM

I got 1.5 running great today. Can you put in a check box to turn off the new browsers tabs, I would rather not see them at all.

Thanks for doing a great job on this software, runs great for me.

Rob Cool
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:19:13 PM

I got 1.5 running great today. Can you put in a check box to turn off the new browsers tabs, I would rather not see them at all.

Thanks for doing a great job on this software, runs great for me.

Rob Cool

Great!  I'll add to the next update.

M

myk3916

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:25:18 PM

anyway you can port this over to Android so you can do it remotely?

donate: 185DzHCwvuRmymLvBkNDYiteP9SssY1nbK
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:53:15 PM

Feel free to design a better one!  Last I checked the cgminer API isn't open to any IP except "localhost", which means the Ant's IP.  That means you have to know how to get in there to change it.

I ran this against my S1s for weeks before I initially released it, with no problems, and no decrease in hash rate.

M

I agree with mdude77. I realize the tool just logs into the Ant via the web interface and parses HTML output, which is why it is so slow, but this tool is very useful for folks who are trying to manage large Ant farms. It doesn't need to be fast, and I have not seen any degradation in miner performance because of it.

If the AntMonitor causes poor miner performance, simply logging into the miner web interface would also do the same thing.

Thanks mdude77!
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:33:05 PM

anyway you can port this over to Android so you can do it remotely?

Not easily.  However, I'm toying with the idea of it being able to generate an HTML file that can be stored somewhere that can then be made available on a web server.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

I agree with mdude77. I realize the tool just logs into the Ant via the web interface and parses HTML output, which is why it is so slow, but this tool is very useful for folks who are trying to manage large Ant farms. It doesn't need to be fast, and I have not seen any degradation in miner performance because of it.

If the AntMonitor causes poor miner performance, simply logging into the miner web interface would also do the same thing.

Thanks mdude77!

FYI, the slowness is because the UI to S1s is slow.  It's much much faster with S2s.

M

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:26:28 PM

hey i have been having some troubles getting my antminers to show up in the ants page. i can manually add them. and i have browser 1 2 and 3 but it doesnt recognize all 3 in "ants"
bitsolutions

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:33:14 PM

Feel free to design a better one!  Last I checked the cgminer API isn't open to any IP except "localhost", which means the Ant's IP.  That means you have to know how to get in there to change it.

M

Maybe that was a bit harsh Tongue but the cgminer api is readable by default although it is restricted to read only(it initializes using "--api-network"). Using this for management is fine but I would be very careful about the refresh rate especially with S1. I would suggest using the cgminer API for monitoring instead of the html pages it will be much faster.

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

hey i have been having some troubles getting my antminers to show up in the ants page. i can manually add them. and i have browser 1 2 and 3 but it doesnt recognize all 3 in "ants"

can you post a screenshot please?

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

Maybe that was a bit harsh Tongue but the cgminer api is readable by default although it is restricted to read only(it initializes using "--api-network"). Using this for management is fine but I would be very careful about the refresh rate especially with S1. I would suggest using the cgminer API for monitoring instead of the html pages it will be much faster.

Speed isn't an issue.  As noted above, the UI to the S1s is slow as well. 

I'm also doubtful the cgminer shows everything the UI shows, such as the status of the Ant chains.

M

bitsolutions

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:58:20 PM

I'm also doubtful the cgminer shows everything the UI shows, such as the status of the Ant chains.

M

It does show that information. The UI simply reads the cgminer API actually so everything you see there can be pulled directly off the cgminer API.

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:17:26 PM

M

It does show that information. The UI simply reads the cgminer API actually so everything you see there can be pulled directly off the cgminer API.

Okay.  I might try to look at querying the API for everything.

Thanks.

M

rileyminer

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:37:24 PM

I just upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 and my Ants page is blank too - even though I see info on the browser1, browser2 pages

I also deleted this reg key - My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MAntMonitor  and re-entered my S1 info but it did not help

(now downgrading back to 1.4)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:12:31 PM

I just upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 and my Ants page is blank too - even though I see info on the browser1, browser2 pages

I also deleted this reg key - My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MAntMonitor  and re-entered my S1 info but it did not help

(now downgrading back to 1.4)

Can you paste some screenshots?

M

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:19:35 PM

rileyminer

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:39:19 PM

Can you paste some screenshots?

1.4 - vs 1.5 images

https://i.imgur.com/GJ6JQCS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AVM8VGB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/d8ibh5v.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: