Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees  (Read 80966 times)
mbarts

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:21:14 AM

Wow. I just spent a significant amount of time reading this thread and I'm learning a lot!

I've been actually researching about the fees of different payment methods and I'm glad I came across this thread.

PayPal indeed does have some ridiculous fees.

This one is also a good read and also a good reference:
http://biz30.timedoctor.com/5-ways-send-money-offshore-workers-cheaper-paypal/

It's about options cheaper than Paypal for sending money to offshore workers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:02:29 AM

Just an update from us. There are now over 800 products for sale on the marketplace.

We've been featured on CoinDesk. You can read it here - http://www.coindesk.com/meet-onewallet-new-auction-site-bitcoiners/

This thread has become an advertisement thread for paypal/ebay's competition.
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

Since ~6 months to now, when I was looking for some products on eBay and other marketplaces I was thinking: why I can't pay with something as easy as bitcoin? just click and pay… and without that ridiculous fees!

In that moment, the fees are like the ones posted on the OP?
"Sell an item on ebay for $100 and actually receive $86"

If this is true I don't really understand what people do  Cheesy

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
picolo

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

Since ~6 months to now, when I was looking for some products on eBay and other marketplaces I was thinking: why I can't pay with something as easy as bitcoin? just click and pay… and without that ridiculous fees!

In that moment, the fees are like the ones posted on the OP?
"Sell an item on ebay for $100 and actually receive $86"

If this is true I don't really understand what people do  Cheesy

You will sell for 80$ somewhere else...
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:35:31 AM

Just an update from us. There are now over 800 products for sale on the marketplace.

We've been featured on CoinDesk. You can read it here - http://www.coindesk.com/meet-onewallet-new-auction-site-bitcoiners/

Which seems to me to be what solitude wanted all along - finding alternatives to PayPal/eBay:

Bumping in hope there's a bitcoin auction website that was as good as Bitmit soon
picolo

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:13:56 AM

Which seems to me to be what solitude wanted all along - finding alternatives to PayPal/eBay:

Bumping in hope there's a bitcoin auction website that was as good as Bitmit soon

Correct, it's a free world anyway.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:59:14 PM

do they need all those fee, they don't even have node to maintain, like bitcoin, unless in bitcoin fee are justified
Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:16:54 AM

do they need all those fee, they don't even have node to maintain, like bitcoin, unless in bitcoin fee are justified

Unless they face huge competitions, why would they lower the fee when many of their customers are still happily paying it?
And that's why we need good bitcoin auction sites. Smiley

picolo

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:06:53 PM

Unless they face huge competitions, why would they lower the fee when many of their customers are still happily paying it?
And that's why we need good bitcoin auction sites. Smiley

They are a big company so they have big expenses and they need to return capital to the shareholders. They provide a great service but they make you pay for it. Depending on the countries there are good cheaper competitors.
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:22:36 AM

freaking hate ebay and paypal I sold an item for just under 500$ by the time both ebay and paypal took their cut I made $400 ish - how sick is that business. As I'm typing this another 10000 auctions ended and they just raped all those people as well.....

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:19:50 PM

freaking hate ebay and paypal I sold an item for just under 500$ by the time both ebay and paypal took their cut I made $400 ish - how sick is that business. As I'm typing this another 10000 auctions ended and they just raped all those people as well.....

25% is a lot but ebay allows you to sell very high and to find customers
throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:23:03 PM

Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

I still sell on ebay with two accounts but just ask for cash or btc and only list on zero seller fee days.

Screw paypal.

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
picolo

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:32:34 PM

Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

I still sell on ebay with two accounts but just ask for cash or btc and only list on zero seller fee days.

Screw paypal.

It can still be profitable to sell because people pay more on ebay and you can sell more volume than elsewhere
jakeranco

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:58:57 PM

horrible!

authenticity assured luxury Watches / Jewellery
http://dopy.com
rubenelportero

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:05:25 PM

meh, the fees is so high, but they have a lot of employers and big servers (the maintenance is expensive)... On the other hand, i recommend you try to sell the item in local webs (or in markeplace on this forum) and later, put the item in ebay (if you don't sell before).
Wardrick
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:16:52 PM

Our solution is almost ready to go. You can see it here - www.onewallet.io

It's a bitcoin wallet and marketplace combo. You do not need funds in your account to purchase from the marketplace - an external wallet can be used. You can also  auto-forward any payments received from selling an item on the marketplace.

All listings are legitimate but it is still relatively early days regarding testing. Please contact me with any bugs you find.

Someone give me some feedback! Also check the pricing by us.. cheapest electronics you'll find!

Are you able to add a section where people can request items or post a wanted ad? I think it would be a good idea as people might not have an item on hand but they could get it and send it to the buyer. So the seller would confirm the sale and the buyer would have to fund an address before the item is sent. It would be hard to determine scams here though because the buyer wouldn't be able to choose who they're buying from. If you feel like adding this it would be a good idea to have options where the buyer can limit the requirements of the seller (10+ Feedback, No negative, No unpaid items, etc.).
picolo

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:06:00 PM

Our solution is almost ready to go. You can see it here - www.onewallet.io

It's a bitcoin wallet and marketplace combo. You do not need funds in your account to purchase from the marketplace - an external wallet can be used. You can also  auto-forward any payments received from selling an item on the marketplace.

All listings are legitimate but it is still relatively early days regarding testing. Please contact me with any bugs you find.

Someone give me some feedback! Also check the pricing by us.. cheapest electronics you'll find!

Are you able to add a section where people can request items or post a wanted ad? I think it would be a good idea as people might not have an item on hand but they could get it and send it to the buyer. So the seller would confirm the sale and the buyer would have to fund an address before the item is sent. It would be hard to determine scams here though because the buyer wouldn't be able to choose who they're buying from. If you feel like adding this it would be a good idea to have options where the buyer can limit the requirements of the seller (10+ Feedback, No negative, No unpaid items, etc.).

Everything is already on Ebay or will end up on Ebay Tongue

meh, the fees is so high, but they have a lot of employers and big servers (the maintenance is expensive)... On the other hand, i recommend you try to sell the item in local webs (or in markeplace on this forum) and later, put the item in ebay (if you don't sell before).

They have high financial and marketing costs as well.
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:31:32 AM

Ebay is borderline worthless.......
I just had to relist an item on Ebay for the second time in 2 weeks.
The issue is at the last minute before the auction ends, some moron shill fake acct comes in and out bids my legit buyers highest bids.

Im selling some high end electronics and only want US or Canada based buyers.
Its clearly stated in bold and extra large type in all my auctions, that i only ship to US & Canada, but these people either:
A)cant read english
B)choose to ignore what they read
C)are just complete A-holes and want to waste legit sellers time

Its not the same person doing the sniping, i have had to block several Buyer IDs in the last 6 months
The most irritating part about this is, if the second highest bidder doesnt accept your second chance offer, you have to relist the item and wait another 5 days.

Ebay could care less about anything other than the final value fees they charge sellers and protecting buyers 99% of the time.
Even though i have contacted them about this, they have zero response.

The common thing i have seen regarding these "shill" accts is that they all have less than 10 feedback and are usually very new.
As a former power seller years ago, im wondering why i ever came back to one of the worst companies in the history of the web.... Undecided
calci

Activity: 168

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:00:43 PM

The issue is at the last minute before the auction ends, some moron shill fake acct comes in and out bids my legit buyers highest bids.

Its clearly stated in bold and extra large type in all my auctions, that i only ship to US & Canada, but these people either:
A)cant read english

Its not the same person doing the sniping, i have had to block several Buyer IDs in the last 6 months
The most irritating part about this is, if the second highest bidder doesnt accept your second chance offer, you have to relist the item and wait another 5 days.

Ebay could care less about anything other than the final value fees they charge sellers and protecting buyers 99% of the time.

The common thing i have seen regarding these "shill" accts is that they all have less than 10 feedback and are usually very new.
As a former power seller years ago, im wondering why i ever came back to one of the worst companies in the history of the web.... Undecided

It might be a good think, to list the item for lesser number of days . Almost all people interested would get it up to that price.
throwingbones1

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:49:42 PM

A)cant read english

It might be a good think, to list the item for lesser number of days . Almost all people interested would get it up to that price.

this is true, not many ppl on ebay know about bitcoin, i sell with two accounts and the take up of any cryptocurrency has been very slow.

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: