Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Freedom  (Read 55642 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 06:07:34 PM

Definitely, Bitcoin gives the financial freedom to the people.It gives freedom from banks which charge high amount for every transactions.It gives freedom from governments which try to impose heavy taxes.

As mentioned in the above quote, bitcoin users get freedom in the transaction as well making investment. Bitcoin itself due to the backing doesn't need a bank, for which the wallet serves as ones own bank. Important thing after this is the decentralization and the transparency in transaction without revealing the identity of the sender and the receiver.
Perhaps bitcoin will in future compete with the banking system and therefore give the user more freedom of use and quality service, but it is not this time. And how many have to wait, not yet known.
Bitcoin can provide freedom from the banking system, which makes people slaves. We know there are many cases when the banks are doing everything to make man a beggar.

But isn't that what other businesses are doing exactly? For example, doesn't Apple want people to sell their souls to them and become their consumer slaves? And what's more, it seems that they are not very far from getting there. Nevertheless, I don't think that the banks should want people to become beggars since that would undermine their business...

Though they most certainly want people to become their credit slaves

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tripplewarz

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:37:03 PM

Definitely, Bitcoin gives the financial freedom to the people.It gives freedom from banks which charge high amount for every transactions.It gives freedom from governments which try to impose heavy taxes.

As mentioned in the above quote, bitcoin users get freedom in the transaction as well making investment. Bitcoin itself due to the backing doesn't need a bank, for which the wallet serves as ones own bank. Important thing after this is the decentralization and the transparency in transaction without revealing the identity of the sender and the receiver.
Perhaps bitcoin will in future compete with the banking system and therefore give the user more freedom of use and quality service, but it is not this time. And how many have to wait, not yet known.
Bitcoin can provide freedom from the banking system, which makes people slaves. We know there are many cases when the banks are doing everything to make man a beggar.

But isn't that what other businesses are doing exactly? For example, doesn't Apple want people to sell their souls to them and become their consumer slaves? And what's more, it seems that they are not very far from getting there. Nevertheless, I don't think that the banks should want people to become beggars since that would undermine their business...

Though they most certainly want people to become their credit slaves
In banks, I do not believe and will believe against other financial scams that are part of people's lives. Actually bitcoin provides good opportunities for mankind, only a very small percentage of the total number of people.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:06:39 PM

Blockchain itself is absolutely centralized ("there can be only one"), so why would people want to have to do anything with it if they just could as easily, or even more easily, find and communicate with anyone directly without the apprehension that all their actions are written down and saved somewhere for good? On the other hand, there is a dynamic DNS infrastructure which is less centralized than the blockchain technology, doesn't have "memory", and fits perfectly into the current system. In my opinion, the blockchain would be like a bull in a china shop if we wanted to substitute it for name services. So, could you please provide an example (or two) where the blockchain would beat the currently existing systems hands down, without irrelevant verbiage?

I mean social interactions across the Internet, of course

In prediction markets where the wisdom of the crowd is monetized....In content markets where the content in question is the actual currency, such as music....Now, I know that the bitcoin blockchain isn't equipped for such applications but....that doesn't mean they're not in the conception phase on other chains....The Ethereum network is already milling around some amazing concepts....  http://dapps.ethercasts.com/

Could you explain how the blockchain as an open and authoritative ledger would conceptually work in these cases, and how it would have advantage over the existing technologies? I mean anything beyond just paying someone for something. Let's take, for example, music...

What would the blockchain technology change in this field?
Hypothetically speaking and loosely thought out:

Content creator creates content, tokenizes the content, claims ownership on the blockchain, distributes the content via a smart contract, and token holders can then receive commission for each published transaction.....( Example:  https://singulardtv.com/ )  The advantages of something along these lines is that it would decrease copyright litigation, would promote parallel distribution, and not be controlled by centralized organizations.

Milkduds

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

The frustrating issue about bitcoin is how many people do not understand this about bitcoin and push for regulation. We either have a mass that are dumber than I expected or we have a lot of effective fud going on here that is misleading folks into wanting a ruling syndicate over bitcoin. So which is it?
kreskko

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:21:50 PM

The frustrating issue about bitcoin is how many people do not understand this about bitcoin and push for regulation. We either have a mass that are dumber than I expected or we have a lot of effective fud going on here that is misleading folks into wanting a ruling syndicate over bitcoin. So which is it?
Many people, and even more correct to say, most people on the planet do not even know about the existence of bitcoin. Therefore, they say that, then they will believe.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:58:50 PM

Many people, and even more correct to say, most people on the planet do not even know about the existence of bitcoin. Therefore, they say that, then they will believe.

With the times and education on how bitcoin work, more and more people will understand the advantage of using bitcoin.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 08:33:42 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 08:44:49 PM by deisik

Could you explain how the blockchain as an open and authoritative ledger would conceptually work in these cases, and how it would have advantage over the existing technologies? I mean anything beyond just paying someone for something. Let's take, for example, music...

Content creator creates content, tokenizes the content, claims ownership on the blockchain, distributes the content via a smart contract, and token holders can then receive commission for each published transaction.....( Example:  https://singulardtv.com/ )  The advantages of something along these lines is that it would decrease copyright litigation, would promote parallel distribution, and not be controlled by centralized organizations

In other words, you suggest using the blockchain technology for establishing the copyright of the author, right? If so, just think how clumsy and awkward that would be purely on technical grounds. Say, a digitized high-quality song would have size around ~100M (I don't really know what size it will be, just making a guess), and then it should be distributed across the blockchain network? And who would run the network nodes, and what would happen if they got shut off?

I think there are by far easier ways to confirm the intellectual property rights, something like patenting, first performance or publishing, etc

Financial_Genius

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 08:58:32 PM

It is freedom as well as power to your pocket. It has eclipsed all the currencies that are controlled by the governments so it makes me look forward to greater things ahead. Lets advocate and promote the BTC, the more the people that use it, the more the governments realise everyone has a right to use their own wealth in their own desired way.

When paying with bitcoin will not be charged taxes since officially bitcoin is not a currency. This gives the opportunity to buy goods a bit cheaper. Bitcoin is a truly international currency, i.e. it is the same everywhere, and it is very convenient. Bitchy not controlled by anyone. They belong only to the public, and therefore politically it is difficult for them to work. No fee for the transfer of bitcoins. However, if the transfer is to be implemented immediately, you will have to pay the Commission that You will decide to pay (the more you pay, the faster the transfer) Impossible to counterfeit bitcoins, because it is very difficult. It is much easier to produce new.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 09:03:54 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 09:14:58 PM by cjmoles

Content creator creates content, tokenizes the content, claims ownership on the blockchain, distributes the content via a smart contract, and token holders can then receive commission for each published transaction.....( Example:  https://singulardtv.com/ )  The advantages of something along these lines is that it would decrease copyright litigation, would promote parallel distribution, and not be controlled by centralized organizations

In other words, you suggest using the blockchain technology for establishing the copyright of the author, right? If so, just think how clumsy and awkward that would be purely on technical grounds. Say, a digitized high-quality song would have size around ~100M (I don't really know what size it will be, just making a guess), and then it should be distributed across the blockchain network? And who would run these nodes?

I think there are by far easier ways to confirm the intellectual property rights, something like patenting

All this is just a loosely speaking hypothetical, but yes....bloating is a problem with the traditional bitcoin blockchain....However, it's not such a big problem on parsed networks which incentivize running nodes economically through micro-payments implemented by way of smart contracts which can be daisy chained ( in an oject orientated manner) across the ledger.  Remember, Limewire?  <--- tokenize it and put it on a parsed distributed ledger.

EDIT: Reference namecoin, ethereium....etc
kanazawa

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 10:49:35 AM

It's hard to reach this freedom, because many countries have a problem with the beginning or with the end of the Bitcoin "route". For example, in many countries in Africa the first path (to exchange fiat for Bitcoin) and the final path (to use it or sell it) it's unpractical because you have to buy Bitcoin 20% more expensive because the only way is to use Moneygram or something like it. Then, no one accept the coin in the local market, so this freedom is a "half freedom", but it's better than it was before, I mean, it's a evolution or a revolution, but it doesn't reach everywhere ane so on... But where it works the freedom is pretty much closer than anything else.

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 11:16:58 AM

It is freedom as well as power to your pocket. It has eclipsed all the currencies that are controlled by the governments so it makes me look forward to greater things ahead. Lets advocate and promote the BTC, the more the people that use it, the more the governments realise everyone has a right to use their own wealth in their own desired way.

When paying with bitcoin will not be charged taxes since officially bitcoin is not a currency. This gives the opportunity to buy goods a bit cheaper. Bitcoin is a truly international currency, i.e. it is the same everywhere, and it is very convenient. Bitchy not controlled by anyone. They belong only to the public, and therefore politically it is difficult for them to work. No fee for the transfer of bitcoins. However, if the transfer is to be implemented immediately, you will have to pay the Commission that You will decide to pay (the more you pay, the faster the transfer) Impossible to counterfeit bitcoins, because it is very difficult. It is much easier to produce new.

This is what I'm liking about bitcoin since most of us doesn't want taxes, we can just simply use bitcoin to cover up those taxes that we are avoiding depending to the merchant if he is going to put some taxes for his own purpose for each goods that we will buy. That is why bitcoin is freedom, because a lot of things can be possible for avoiding taxes with it.

Actually there is still taxes when you convert bitcoin in fiat because you will be forced to convert coz there is just few merchants that accept bitcoin as mode of payment. So if convert btc to fiat, the tax that people avoiding will be subject on tax.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 11:39:38 AM

It's hard to reach this freedom, because many countries have a problem with the beginning or with the end of the Bitcoin "route". For example, in many countries in Africa the first path (to exchange fiat for Bitcoin) and the final path (to use it or sell it) it's unpractical because you have to buy Bitcoin 20% more expensive because the only way is to use Moneygram or something like it. Then, no one accept the coin in the local market, so this freedom is a "half freedom", but it's better than it was before, I mean, it's a evolution or a revolution, but it doesn't reach everywhere ane so on... But where it works the freedom is pretty much closer than anything else.

Bitcoin is freedom is a term that is different for each and every person. In my case this freedom is due to the fact that Bitcoin allows me to store money outside the reach of banks and the government. For other people it might be the fact that they can send and receive money without the need for a third party. And for another group of people it might be the anonymity aspect where they can sign up at sites and services without the need of adding their credit card or bank information. Plenty of differences.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:05:59 PM

Bitcoin is Freedom because it lets us save our money in a way that it can't be disclosed to others that what portfolio we currently hold.
It lets us gamble freely, wait for its price increase and sell it freely at our rates without any fee (if we want to go without escrow).
Doamader

Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:13:58 PM

Since i found bitcoin it changed a lot my life and the way i thinked before, i were tired to wait credit into my paypal account allong the weekends, need to go to bank ask the manage to let me withdraw my money, nowadays i do almost all with bitcoin, without have to wait, without need to explain and the best is i can invest where i wanna anytime, besides the low cost transactions.
Labumi

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:24:08 PM

Bitcoin is Freedom because it lets us save our money in a way that it can't be disclosed to others that what portfolio we currently hold.
It lets us gamble freely, wait for its price increase and sell it freely at our rates without any fee (if we want to go without escrow).

That is certainly true, but shouldn't we detached the control to do something already proven it can deliver a loss for those who can't control themselves. So, do something in a very good way and never minded to do something just give sheer pleasure and also a very big loss i.e. gambling and other things.Bitcoin is freedom for those who don't want to get a big fee because the store long enough
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 02:21:04 PM

SInce Bitcoin isn't owned or really governed by any centralized entity, this is pretty normal that different people have different ideas on regulations regarding Bitcoin.

00hash01

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:29:57 PM

Bitcoin really freed us from some of the actions on currency exchange and payments. But he did not gave us absolute freedom. It has not always accept, sometimes difficult to pay Bitcoin
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:04:30 AM

Bitcoin is one the greatest invention for human being, it is the the first currency that free from any interference, it is one currency that can't be control government, and it has a good value and can become a good investment, but i wonder how long until government try to regulate bitcoin
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:41:41 PM

Bitcoin is one the greatest invention for human being, it is the the first currency that free from any interference, it is one currency that can't be control government, and it has a good value and can become a good investment, but i wonder how long until government try to regulate bitcoin

Thats the  beauty  of bitcoin which  it really gives  us  freedom regarding  on  our assets and  also government  could not act and  do things   with it. We do have  all the power and access on our  money and  no other than that. Regarding  on  online transactions  is free us   on high charge money remitance fees.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Winter1986

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 02:47:55 PM

If the time comes and will try to control the bitcoin, it is possible for one user the freedom to use bitcoin can no longer speak or even forget.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: