Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LitecoinPlus (XLC) / super fast / green / great team!  (Read 77013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:45:48 PM

One of the current unfortunate realities is there is bittrex and polo ... and then nobody else before the big leagues of MP/Cryptsy.  If you can't get on polo, that means you need to cobble together a group of the smaller exchanges and hope it brings in some extra volume.

MP voting is nice to boost morale and get people active, but you have to be realists too. The coin is just so far away, with very few people voting, it'd take forever to get voted up, even with .05 x10 people paying for votes. You'd need to spend about 10-15 btc to boost it up into the top 10 coins, and then, maybe, you could get more people voting.  There is little point to doing so right now, as there isn't a whole lot of infrastructure or demand behind the coin yet.
WestOstrich

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

I agree here guys. With such little volume, the last thing we need is Mintpal. It will just water down the volume even further. A case study of what has happened to other coins when they get listed on Mintpal without sufficient volume clearly demonstrates this. I have been all excited to see previous coins get listed, and then the price just plummets and volume dies. We need the hype first.

Bittrex moves huge volume when a coin has sufficient hype. We need to be marketing just how rare this coin is. How much does it cost to put a banner up on Coinmarketcap. We could advertise the rarity of this coin to all the key players this way, and may get a better outcome than buying votes as a community. Rarity is really all we have going for us, so I think it needs to be put front and central in our marketing attack. Maybe we could set up an XLC wallet with Coinmarket cap, and when there are enough coins donated, they run a banner advertisement?

Just a few thoughts...
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 11:49:13 PM

Guys.. I agree with most of the things.. but.. right now.. we need innovation/news! I am dedicating.. my time to 3 things:

- Getting dev skills to support the source for this coin... and maybe get somethings done by my hand (i am no coder.. but I can .. do it.. but it will take.. time.. ). I know a few things that can start hyp the coin.
- Getting someone to dev the android/iphone app for the wallet.. and possibly more over that.
- Continue to envision what other coins don't have that this coin can envision.. get value... etc..

I am free to listen to what you can do with the above..

One thing you will be sure of.. for the team/coin ... This coin has something unique (i can identify it... because I know the concept being implemented over the coin attributes...).

It's not the code itself (because it need lots of work).. but the idea behind the code objective.. you would have to think in a larger scale and you would have to predict possible behaviors.. to get it right. But.. it's possible. I know how to do it.. just need more.. workforce.. and skills.

I will never be away... I am not leaving. I came.. because I have seen something.. and I will procure.. that tech!

EDIT: Sorry if I became a little away but.. I was over vacation during my hype posts... and now.. back to work.. so.. less time.. still. I get home and sometimes.. I do put this first then private life...
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:03:22 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 12:14:46 AM by BarTeam

About mintpal.. I agree.. with the fact that we should not waste/spend money over the votes (for now). but instead.. over "transacting" the coin...

But keep in mind that voting is still "valuable" to the XLC. It generates "interest" if you keep "saying".. "we are voting.. look.."... so my statement.. is

Keep voting.. for XLC.. it's a way for you to support the coin.. paying with your time.. instead of coin. And it will pay off.. in time.. for all those free votes...

Regarding the coin... it needs re-work... and much much more transactions...  and.. up up up the value...

Also.. keep the wallets running.. it creates.. more minting value.. and enriches .. the coin transactions... ( might have the luck of running mining.. and 24/7 wallets .. but I am sure some of you too )

Keep in mind that you are not alone.. and if you think you are.. you just send me.. a message.. and I can reply back (it can take up to a week.. but I will do). Always!
intothelite

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:42:10 PM

About mintpal.. I agree.. with the fact that we should not waste/spend money over the votes (for now). but instead.. over "transacting" the coin...

But keep in mind that voting is still "valuable" to the XLC. It generates "interest" if you keep "saying".. "we are voting.. look.."... so my statement.. is

Keep voting.. for XLC.. it's a way for you to support the coin.. paying with your time.. instead of coin. And it will pay off.. in time.. for all those free votes...

Regarding the coin... it needs re-work... and much much more transactions...  and.. up up up the value...

Also.. keep the wallets running.. it creates.. more minting value.. and enriches .. the coin transactions... ( might have the luck of running mining.. and 24/7 wallets .. but I am sure some of you too )

Keep in mind that you are not alone.. and if you think you are.. you just send me.. a message.. and I can reply back (it can take up to a week.. but I will do). Always!

Just as he said! there are still a bunch of us backing this coin and we are here myself included i am currently away for business and will not be back home until 7/9 so my part in this will be not as visible during that time. i will however make sure to continuously follow the thread and post when i can along with keeping in touch with the other members of the team.

The voting is definitely significant regardless what some people say as oh there's no way we will get to the top blah blah blah. a vote is a vote and each vote brings us that much closer so if we all can continue doing what we have as barteam said and dedicating our time to voting that is a great step in the right direction.

Also as he mentioned we are in the background working on other aspects of the coin including the re-working. i will be dedicating whatever time i can to doing some design work along with hopefully by the time i return from this work trip a completely reworked site with the updated image of the coin along with reaching out to coinmarketcap and creating a banner for the coin to hit the "target" audience as westostrich mentioned.

As long as we can all continue to work together and support one another this is going to go places and unlike what many others see as he mentioned a lot of these coins go through a rather short lifecycle they launch they get hyped the make it onto one small exchange there's some volume and then they end up deciding to go to mintpal once they do this the big whales come in pump it up to where they want to make the money they want to make and then BAM to the ground now that is not the direction we want the coin to go in. We have something here that can continue to grow over time without following the same path that many of these other altcoins have fell victim to. I understand people usually in this "game" don't want to wait for results the thing is sometimes you have to be patient to really get the best out of something. The development of this coin is far from done and with the continued support from all of you it is going to continue moving in the right direction and we will reach our goals together!

edit: i apologize for the compacted paragraphs if they are uneasy for you to read i sometimes get into writing and don't think to space things out i will work on that going forward. Thanks again for all of your support everyone you truly are a great community to have backing this coin.
intothelite

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:43:23 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know i have reached out to allcoins.com and allcrypt.com to see if we can get added on their exchange as well not sure if this makes a different but i figure it would be good to at least reach out to them.

thanks,

I will be heading out for the day and may not be back on after this but i am continuing to vote hourly. please feel free to do the same!!!!
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:46:00 PM

Guys,

If you would like to help the network... with your bandwith... just add the following to your litecoinplus.conf file.. and open the firewall port 44351:

litecoinplus.conf
Code:
listen=1
dnsseed=1
daemon=1
maxconnections=500

WestOstrich

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:45:46 AM

Great to hear guys, we have something worth working on here.  Grin be really keen to see the new Logo.
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:37:40 PM

Just wanted to post this:

#250   Direct Link   XLC   LitecoinPlus   14RkaPPqi5RnYUpjNUM3hKL62L6KTLYmMG   250 VOTES

LOL! Unique stuff!
Len

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:47:55 AM

Looks like XLC is going to be delisted from Bittrex?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.0
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:09:13 AM

Bittrex currently has XLC on the removal list for Friday, June 27th.

In order to keep this coin listed please explain any upcoming improvements to the coin that will generate community interest.  We try to keep coins that have community interest.  However, this coin has fallen below an average of .1 BTC Daily volume.  Coins below this threshold have been marked for removal.  We will weigh all information before making our final decision.

Thanks all,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:04:21 AM

Bittrex currently has XLC on the removal list for Friday, June 27th.

In order to keep this coin listed please explain any upcoming improvements to the coin that will generate community interest.  We try to keep coins that have community interest.  However, this coin has fallen below an average of .1 BTC Daily volume.  Coins below this threshold have been marked for removal.  We will weigh all information before making our final decision.

Thanks all,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Hi Ryan,

We are looking into the following (these are the main reasons we are slow down.. but we will not give up.. even if removed from Bittrex):
- Getting 1 or 2 devs to support the source for this coin.
- Getting someone to dev the android/iphone app for the wallet.. and possibly more over that.
- Update the coin Logo
- Update the website structure/layout (when the logo changes)

Wallet changes to be implemented (+new features):
- Update source code to already developed mainstream coins like bitcoin core (this includes bandwith monitor, minting status icon, code defects, etc).
- Add Statistical monitoring to the wallet (how many mints are being generated over the wallet, how many blocks, etc etc).
- Update the wallet layout (when logo changes).
- In Wallet customization of the wallet.conf file.
- (theoretical prototype) In wallet transaction ability between 2 XLC (A and B) and 2 XBC (A and B) wallets.. If developed will let the concept to be applied to any mainstream wallets.

and .. many more in my head, XLCplus, intothelite...

But we need resources = people. So... who wants to dedicate time to this effort. I would say.. we can offer bounties.. (I can..) but we are really looking into someone of trust, dev and support/share the code dev.

It's something that takes time... I understand. But I will keep supporting the coin dev/value nevertheless the price/value over site A or B.

Let me ear any changes you decide Ryan,
And thanks for all the support.
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:13:39 AM

just after the announcement.... it shows there are people holding it... so there is interest.

BTC VOL 0.31693058 BTC

I understand if the reasons are just "money". But we will be giving the opportunity to other exchanges that support long term relationships.
Len

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:21:29 AM

just after the announcement.... it shows there are people holding it... so there is interest.

BTC VOL 0.31693058 BTC

I understand if the reasons are just "money". But we will be giving the opportunity to other exchanges that support long term relationships.

That volume mainly came from people dumping after the announcement
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:19:10 PM

BTC VOL 0.31693058 BTC

Yes.. indeed. But for an exchange.. that does not matter much.
Len

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:41:27 PM

BTC VOL 0.31693058 BTC

Yes.. indeed. But for an exchange.. that does not matter much.

You miss my point, the surge in volume only came from the announcement.  It is not sustainable.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:17:33 PM

Have any of the smaller exchanges accepted the coin yet? Austin Global, Atomic-trade, allcoin/allcrypt, King Coiny... any of those guys? You need a backup plan in case Bittrex doesn't extend.
intothelite

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

Have any of the smaller exchanges accepted the coin yet? Austin Global, Atomic-trade, allcoin/allcrypt, King Coiny... any of those guys? You need a backup plan in case Bittrex doesn't extend.

I have reached out to all of those and i got the coin added for voting on c-cex but people have given negative feedback for that exchange so i dont know if we are planning on actually continue to try to vote it up there.

also i have received this response from allcoin.com

Hi,

There are two wo ways to be listed in allcoin.com.

1. First way, just send tweets, you’d better invite your supporters tweet how much they love your coin and AllCoin.

Please @allcoincom.

We’ll list your coin after some tweets and retweets, the more the better.

2. Second way, invite supporters to vote in allcoin.com

we’ve added your coin to our voting list, please add the link to your forum thread and website, thank you.

https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#XLC

Also i have reached out to allcrypt this was their response
We received your request and the coin is now in the queue to be added. We add coins when we have the spare time to get them in, on a first come first serve basis. Sometimes your coin will be added the same day, sometimes it may take a few days. Once your coin is started, we will update and close out this ticket to let you know.

Also - if your coin is not yet released, please reply to this ticket ONCE THE SOURCE IS AVAILABLE. We cannot do a thing with your coin until we can get our hands on the source. We will not be watching the calendar and won't follow up once the coin is released - that's your job Wink So contact us once we can download the source code and compile.

Please note that we will only install from a Github hosted source. No pre-compiled binaries, no private zipfiles hosted on a download site, it absolutely must be a github source. We don't care how trustworthy you are - we don't trust anyone with the security of our users' coins. If your coin has special compilation requirements, please let us know in advance - if we have to spend an hour scouring forums for that special trick we need to do to compile the coin, we'll move onto the next one, and get back to yours later. Easier for everyone if you let us know those special tricks in advance.

Think that covers it! Thanks for your interest in AllCrypt.com - the coin will be here soon!

I have fowarded them the Github source link for them so it is just a matter of time i believe.

Thanks all for your support and followup.
intothelite

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:07:31 PM

King Coiny never got back to me atomic-trade also never got back to me i did not however reach out to austin global.

Please go ahead and register on allcoin with this link so you can vote for XLC

https://www.allcoin.com/pub/user_regist?ref=138088

Thanks!!
intothelite

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:26:18 PM

I have posted in the thread for the de-listing along with sending a pm and e-mail to bittrex support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: