Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:41:59 PM

Active development and CUSTOMERS are needed...

For example.. I would like to see different passwords; one for staking and one for encrypting.

Could you please specify what security issue you see in the current staking process? At some point you must use your private key to sign the block you generated, and if this private key is encrypted on your computer, you must unlock it. There is no other way.

Of course it would be easy to implement an additional password layer that is used for sending coins when staking is active. But then you still have to enter the passphrase once when unlocking the wallet and therefore this doesn't protect you from keyloggers.

Multisig could be a solution, but this would be highly experimental.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:42:18 PM

Why are we here today??  Because of DEVELOPMENT = POS
What will propel BC into the future?  MORE DEVELOPMENT

Is BTC used by the masses?  NO
Can we expect BC to be used by the masses in the near future? NO

Where should we put more effort DEVELOPMENT or CUSTOMERS?

The answer is development!

We have done a lot to get BC community growing, acceptance, PR, etc, etc.
What have we done in DEVELOPMENT?? ..  

Kind of development which create some stuff only with BC is needed not just trading and manipulations...

Agreed. it is time to get some proprietary stuff done for BC.
You already mentioned a few things.

For example.. I would like to see different passwords; one for staking and one for encrypting.

I agree we suck at "visible" development ATM we need get eg foudation working to get money on projects and hire devs to do it.

2nd
This is like with facebook before only one univesity was usnig it now all...
You need some vision and direction we can not close doors for noobs are our friends
fresh blood is needed eg 50m noob with 1BC makes you about 50m market cap if they use coin.

LOL that is our goal to be used by people for buying for saving for being popular.
You know what for money are ? to store value to buy things not for features at the end at all
our goal is make it noobs friendly NOONE BEFORE wanted make it fuck that...
we can sotre of value with BC we can buy sell things buy by BC becouse that is destiny of currency

Good development can bring us new users customers believers whatever but we need expand and NEVER stop expanding.
Some people like PR part some Development part we need connect that all.
We can not build infrastructure in one day but we need some plan.
Darksend/Blacksend is not main goal.

Try think like in strategy how win war and invest is things that will return us in future.
We can modify plan but it should be like that.

1. Light wallet / Online wallet
2. More noob friendly features in wallet (different passwords for stacking and for opening wallet)
3. Once we have noob friendly interface we can send some money via BC to friends and expand make it
4. make easy way to buy BC like hmm cupon codes and in wallet you can redeem them
5. Expand...expand more merchant more unique services
6. Start promoting BC as you are your bank when you have BC in wallet and noone ever will get your coin if you use your wallet safe way.
7. and much more ideas many of us have diffrent ways of expand BC

Personally i am sick of old wallet lets pay for some graphic and make some cool BC wallet with eg. Mintpal integrated in wallet and other stuff. PAY for it Hiring programmers and move forward ideas rat4 is only one he alone can do shit with all what we need.
After all add to light wallet moduls with features like:
Exchange in wallet:
Send BC via email + code (as privite key plus link to BC light wallet)
Shoping module in wallet
For security encrypt wallet with password and eg. some file which we need show to open wallet.
There is many ideas what should we add in wallet.

We need hire people to make it real... if we get 30 000$ for PR we can get eg 5 000 for unique light wallet with some features. We will half pay in BC eg. all all bounties will be in BC.
If product will be great price will go up and someone will get even more bouty for work.

Just hire people and move forward make bag holders creative programmers web desingers ext.
We can do that.

Our action have to go with some plan like eg. easy in use currency and store of wealth madness something like BE YOUR OWN BANK idea.

We can not pick up every shit idea but we should focus on those which will move us to main goal be 1st in store of wealth and popular currency in the world.
You need some vision of future Blackcoin detination.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

A Blackcoin SMS wallet, that would be a nice thing (also for liquidity).
Found this in beta: https://www.37coins.com/ (bitcoin only at the moment)

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:48:18 PM

Kind of development which create some stuff only with BC is needed not just trading and manipulations...

I agree we suck at "visible" development ATM we need get eg foudation working to get money on projects and hire devs to do it.

2nd
You need some vision and direction we can not close doors for noobs are our friends
fresh blood is needed eg 50m noob with 1BC makes you about 50m market cap if they use coin.

LOL that is our goal to be used by people for buying for saving for being popular.
You know what for money are ? to store value to buy things not for features at the end at all
we can sotre of value with BC we can buy sell things buy by BC becouse that is destiny of currency

Good development can bring us new users customers believers whatever but we need expand and NEVER stop expanding.

Try think like in strategy how win war and invest is things that will return us in future.

2. More noob friendly features in wallet (different passwords for stacking and for opening wallet)
3. Once we have noob friendly interface we can send some money via BC to friends and expand make it
4. make easy way to buy BC like hmm cupon codes and in wallet you can redeem them
6. Start promoting BC as you are your bank when you have BC in wallet and noone ever will get your coin if you use your wallet safe way.

Personally i am sick of old wallet lets pay for some graphic and make some cool BC wallet with eg. Mintpal integrated in wallet and other stuff. PAY for it Hiring programmers and move forward ideas rat4 is only one he alone can do shit with all what we need.
Exchange in wallet:
Shoping module in wallet
For security encrypt wallet with password and eg. some file which we need show to open wallet.

We need hire people to make it real... if we get 30 000$ for PR we can get eg 5 000 for unique light wallet with some features. We will half pay in BC eg. all all bounties will be in BC.
If product will be great price will go up and someone will get even more bouty for work.

Just hire people and move forward make bag holders creative programmers web desingers ext.
We can do that.

Our action have to go with some plan like eg. easy in use currency and store of wealth madness something like BE YOUR OWN BANK idea.

We can not pick up every shit idea but we should focus on those which will move us to main goal be 1st in store of wealth and popular currency in the world.

Blade, perhaps you should join the TeamSpeak channel and discuss this with the community? I believe your ideas would be best suited in that forum -- I'm sure everyone would love to bounce ideas off each other Smiley.

McKie

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:49:51 PM

2nd

Exchange in wallet:
Shoping module in wallet

We can do that.

good post.
i'd add in one important thing:
it should be possible to register a multipool account and launch the miner from the wallet.

McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:52:43 PM

A Blackcoin SMS wallet, that would be a nice thing (also for liquidity).
Found this in beta: https://www.37coins.com/ (bitcoin only at the moment)

I like it! Cheesy

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
mr_random
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:55:52 PM

- Basically what BlackCoin needs is a coinbase like service but just for Blackcoin. So your average joe in the street can easily buy a small amount of them and store them in that service online. So they don't need to worry with the hassle of downloading blackcoin qt and the blockchain etc. This should be a trustless service.

- We can then market this service in conjunction with the PR campaign.

-
A bonus would be having a dev working on some anonymity feature.

^ What I describe is a dream scenario. With those three things combined the price would go up x10.
coinpredator(return)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:04:17 PM

- Basically what BlackCoin needs is a coinbase like service but just for Blackcoin. So your average joe in the street can easily buy a small amount of them and store them in that service online. So they don't need to worry with the hassle of downloading blackcoin qt and the blockchain etc. This should be a trustless service.

-

^ What I describe is a dream scenario. With those three things combined the price would go up x10.

Lybertycoin Multipool - http://xlb.multipoolmining.com/
Bitcoin going to the moon !  Roll Eyes
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

-

Well I guess this SMS wallet would be the thing  Wink too bad I'm not a developer.

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

-

Well I guess this SMS wallet would be the thing  Wink too bad I'm not a developer.

An SMS service is always centralized and therefore it shouldn't be part of any BlackCoin node. It is more a service that online wallets like CoinKite probably consider to implement.

And regarding anonymity ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0
XbladeX
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:20:19 PM

-

This is short therm thinking good but short therm.

Serious people to attract serious investors have goal and plan.
We as community can eg. vote in foundation on direction of BC which will promote in BC foundation.
1. GIVE BC GOAL why because when you don't know where you are going you will never go anywhere.
Main goal of BC my eg.:
1st digital currency which is easy in use and works perfect as store of wealth.
2. Plan road map which goeal can bring you to your goal faster.
3. Go to goeal till you achive it fix mistakes and go to goal.
Now you filter your ideas with goals:
- anonymity feature - is not best for as our main goals
BIG future investors could be deter by it so why go that way when you can
lose more in future because of present greed ?
Because you can get +20% in next week and loose 99% in one year when governments will hunt
business supporting anonymity...
Personaly i don't want anonymity at BC this is not suits our goal try think in more than month period you you see more dark traps than overall +.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:31:57 PM

-

This is short therm thinking good but short therm.

Serious people to attract serious investors have goal and plan.
We as community can eg. vote in foundation on direction of BC which will promote in BC foundation.
1. GIVE BC GOAL why because when you don't know where you are going you will never go anywhere.
Main goal of BC my eg.:
1st digital currency which is easy in use and works perfect as store of wealth.
2. Plan road map which goeal can bring you to your goal faster.
3. Go to goeal till you achive it fix mistakes and go to goal.
Now you filter your ideas with goals:
- anonymity feature - is not best for as our main goals
BIG future investors could be deter by it so why go that way when you can
lose more in future because of present greed ?
Because you can get +20% in next week and loose 99% in one year when governments will hunt
business supporting anonymity...
Personaly i don't want anonymity at BC this is not suits our goal try think in more than month period you you see more dark traps than overall +.

My first two points are the main ones. The last point of anonymity feature is just a bonus. Regarding anonymity, it will be coming to Bitcoin sooner or later anyway so I don't view it as a dangerous thing to have. However it's not a top priority.

Our number one goal, in my opinion, is to make a service which allows anyone to buy BC quick, easy and safely. Just like coinbase. Every new person who buys BlackCoin is another person who is on our side and will spread the word.
yvoboy

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:32:26 PM

Im just looking at the order depth chart... Blackcoin might go sky high!
Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:35:43 PM

Would be nice, but don't expect too much. We thought that often. The problem are the instant selldowns "off the order book" and huge sell orders appearing 20% under market as soon as the price threatens to break out. Same old story for weeks now....

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:56:43 PM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/22/meet-michael-morris-executive-business-development-director-for-the-blackcoin-foundation#

Share share share Smiley
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:08:36 PM

https://soundcloud.com/d_seaman/bryce-weiner-2nd-podcast

Right at the end of the podcast, a very nice plug for BlackCoin's Coinkite launch.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:21:33 PM

Would be nice, but don't expect too much. We thought that often. The problem are the instant selldowns "off the order book" and huge sell orders appearing 20% under market as soon as the price threatens to break out. Same old story for weeks now....

Yeah the price suppression has been very aggravating.  Isnt the multipool and blackshield supposed to help with this? 
InvestorPerson

Activity: 316

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:43:49 PM

Yeah the price suppression has been very aggravating.  Isnt the multipool and blackshield supposed to help with this? 

it is helping, BC would be below 10k without it

whoever sells below 29k now must be a complete retard....
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:46:46 PM

the old thread should be reopened

With self moderation added imo. If the board won't allow it, maybe emailing a moderator could get it done for us in the back end.

That thread gets a lot of hits on google still and is top of my search results when I google for blackcoin on bitcointalk.
Soepkip (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

the old thread should be reopened

With self moderation added imo. If the board won't allow it, maybe emailing a moderator could get it done for us in the back end.

That thread gets a lot of hits on google still and is top of my search results when I google for blackcoin on bitcointalk.

Yeah, not for anyone, but self moderation has been keeping this thread in order. The only two thinks we can do at this point is making sure this one grows big enough or get the old one self moderated / a link to the new one.

Just keep posting here Smiley We'll outgrow the old one soon enough!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: