Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609538 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:11:04 AM

i'm starting to legitimately get a feel for the people who make up the core of this community, and i gotta say.. people seem to have their heads on straight. i think we will see hands joined and good things in the near future.

edit; although, this is business.. and there may have been a bridge or two broken up to this point.

Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:25:53 AM

Never ask for ETAs. Cool
HA.Tell that the sales people in my company (or our customers).

But seriosuly, as long as "its done when its done" does no end up like with Duke Nukem - just see it like Blizzard Entertainment does it, the do not give an ETA until they are 100% certain even if millions of people beg for it and yet everything they do is success Cheesy

The problem is that everybody thinks a week without something big is an eternity in cryptos because the price swings are that enormous at times (and almost always without an actual reason). Actually it is quite astonishing what has been achieved in that short life span, but as usual things will take their time to "pay out". 99% of startups do not even reach this stage, and almost all of the remaining 1% need more time to get to the very top than little over three month.

noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:31:44 AM

A quick point to take here...

This isn't Apple you're making demands to, this is a virtual currency still very much in its infancy. If you are an investor / miner you are entitled to nothing but your speculative position in this currency's future value. Should you be a major contributor to the overall future of Blackcoin then please pardon me as I mean no offense. With that being said, your demands have been echoed throughout the community and the devs are currently working hard to deliver upon their promises. Should a month pass without update your concerns would be justified, however, right now your best course of action is to hold and believe in the overall vision of the coin. If that proves to be too much to ask then im sure a handful of users would be more than happy to purchase your stake in BC at current market prices. Take care

I agree with you, but I think buy-black's real frustration is the insider trading..ie big holders who manipulate the market based on inside knowledge to make profit. That's really disheartening to a small holder.

And insider trading is impossible to combat. For example. If you and a team build an awesome new wallet for BlackCoin and you keep this under wraps until release you have the possibility to buy the market and then release the product. This is very true.

Now the other way around is announcing it before hand, which creates an (as we've seen in many other coin) hype around that feature long before it is actually fully working. If problems arise in the actual development of that feature people will grow impatient and dump. We've seen this too in many markets.

I have always been transparant every step of the way, and I pride myself on being this way. Yes we have knowledge before anyone else does. Most of that knowledge is just ideas and projects that never pan out. If a project or idea does pan out we release it the instant it's finished as we have in the past 4 months. You can debate all you want about investorgroups and private talks, but they are needed. Without them BlackCoin would not be alive at this very moment. It would have been just another pump and dump coin.

This. Exactly. I always liked that you announced things when they were on the table. And this being said I think it was a mistake to put the work-in-progress stuff on reddit, and the price graph confirms that.

The new protocol was in development for a very long time and everyone can follow the development on github. Many many weeks ago rat4 even asked for people to join the testnet, here in the forum! Nobody except a few cared about that. Then wizfarm gave the baby a name on reddit ("PoS 2.0" huhu) and everyone got greedy and wanted to see their Bitcoin (!!!) portfolio explode. You want to know how far it is? Look in the code. If you have no understanding of the technology and/or C++, this is fine, but what do you expect to learn then from a weekly developer update?

It appears to me that the people who keep asking about those things ideally want to here something like "we developed a feature X that increases the price of one BC by P in time T" and they give a damn shit about what X is, as long as P and T are well defined.

The same is true for the decentralized exchange by dzimbeck - in fact he gives a ton of information almost everyday which is barely noticed, because the topic is too abstract and for some reason dzimbeck doesn't want to tell us how much exactly the price will increase when he will release his software -.-

All this stuff should have never been announced this way. Serious software development doesn't work this way. And this is really my only critism against the Legion Development Group: You are a very professional developer team, so how could you give green light for this announcement? Just keep doing what you are doing, because you are doing it great. And maybe, if the time is right, make a public call for beta testers and / or code reviewers (i'd love to).
jackfruit

Activity: 416

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:00:15 AM

This isn't Apple you're making demands to, this is a virtual currency still very much in its infancy. If you are an investor / miner you are entitled to nothing but your speculative position in this currency's future value. Should you be a major contributor to the overall future of Blackcoin then please pardon me as I mean no offense. With that being said, your demands have been echoed throughout the community and the devs are currently working hard to deliver upon their promises. Should a month pass without update your concerns would be justified, however, right now your best course of action is to hold and believe in the overall vision of the coin. If that proves to be too much to ask then im sure a handful of users would be more than happy to purchase your stake in BC at current market prices. Take care

I agree with you, but I think buy-black's real frustration is the insider trading..ie big holders who manipulate the market based on inside knowledge to make profit. That's really disheartening to a small holder.

And insider trading is impossible to combat. For example. If you and a team build an awesome new wallet for BlackCoin and you keep this under wraps until release you have the possibility to buy the market and then release the product. This is very true.

Now the other way around is announcing it before hand, which creates an (as we've seen in many other coin) hype around that feature long before it is actually fully working. If problems arise in the actual development of that feature people will grow impatient and dump. We've seen this too in many markets.

I have always been transparant every step of the way, and I pride myself on being this way. Yes we have knowledge before anyone else does. Most of that knowledge is just ideas and projects that never pan out. If a project or idea does pan out we release it the instant it's finished as we have in the past 4 months. You can debate all you want about investorgroups and private talks, but they are needed. Without them BlackCoin would not be alive at this very moment. It would have been just another pump and dump coin.

And I've always appreciated this about you and BC. It's very refreshing to not hype half-assed ideas, but instead to deliver quality products/deliverables which has been a hallmark of bc. The disheartening part is that some big holders seem to manipulate the market for profit, sometimes based on things outsiders don't know. I suppose that's a part of capitalism and crypto in particular, but it doesn't make any less disheartening to know you're just a small holder being tossed to and fro by waves generated by whales swimming beneath you.
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:52:53 AM

And I've always appreciated this about you and BC. It's very refreshing to not hype half-assed ideas, but instead to deliver quality products/deliverables which has been a hallmark of bc. The disheartening part is that some big holders seem to manipulate the market for profit, sometimes based on things outsiders don't know. I suppose that's a part of capitalism and crypto in particular, but it doesn't make any less disheartening to know you're just a small holder being tossed to and fro by waves generated by whales swimming beneath you.

I'm right there with you, but part of the issue comes with some people's "investment horizon".  Would we all love to see our investments grow by 100% per day, every single day, without retraction or corrections?  Damn straight we would!  We would all like to have a gold-bar-shitting-unicorn in our back yards too... but it's simply not going to happen. Wink

If all you care about is BTC or (even worse IMO - fiat) then it's easy to get really upset when you are on the wrong side of a trade, or at least fail to significantly profit from the inevitable volatility in any coin - including BTC.  In this case, and in others recently, we can see what happens when someone is much more concerned in profiting in the short-term over developing lasting value.

There are many who (despite being actively involved and invested in cryptos) still see this whole thing as nothing more than virtual tulip bulbs.  These are most obvious by their emotional behavior - because they are manic when the swings and momentum are up... and then vitriolic and angry when the pendulum swings the opposite direction.

On the other hand, there are many - myself included - who are investing in (and rooting for) crypto currency as a whole.  I think BlackCoin is the first crypto currency I've seen since BTC that actually has the right approach.  But I'm fine with that being something else as well... what I'm not confident in at all is central banks, the stock market, and government fiat.  I believe that even if BC doesn't end up in the top 2-3 spots in market cap... it can still be a huge success.  Much of that will not really even have to do with what it's fiat-conversion rate winds up being eventually - it will be in how it leverages and secures the blockchain.  As far as the developments in that direction, I see BC as being ahead of everything other than BTC (and in some ways ahead of that as well actually)... which to me says all it needs to about my investment.

If BC goes to 500K sats in the next 6 months... I will BUY some at that price.  If BC goes back to 500 sats... I will BUY an absolutely retarded amount of it (and I won't apologize for ruining the distribution for a second).  In fact, the only thing that will make me SELL is if I see more time/energy being spent on hollow promises and hyping irrational price spikes than I do on actually developing innovations for BC and all of crypto currency as a whole.  When the price becomes the single most important thing to the dev team... THAT is when it's time to panic.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 05:52:01 AM

This. Exactly. I always liked that you announced things when they were on the table. And this being said I think it was a mistake to put the work-in-progress stuff on reddit, and the price graph confirms that.

I disagree. During that time, morale was at an all-time low and we were trading at our lowest point. Without that announcement, we may have seen 10K sats. XLB on the horizon to do some major damage. That announcement was very much needed to shut up the critics. I'd rather we hit 43K then drop back down to 26K, then hitting 10K and going back to 26K.

Now we're ok. Every altcoin is dropping and we're in good position.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
jurgised1

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:28:55 AM

Good morning. Today's prediction: 26K=>20K (or even lower)
Happy Trading Wink
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:20:03 AM

Vote on https://hitbtc.com/vote we are currently on 2nd place we can be easy 1st.

Tell your father, sister, friends.... only IP change is needed...vote from your job, home, smartphone... If you register your vote is x10.

It only takes 1 click!
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:26:46 AM

Good morning. Today's prediction: 26K=>20K (or even lower)
Happy Trading Wink

Wrong prediction, 24K => to da moon...

Subtuppel

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:36:39 AM

just put the fraggle on ignore or at least do not quote his bullshit. He spawned here a few days ago and does not do anything else but predict falling prices.

eMiz0r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:20:53 AM

just put the fraggle on ignore or at least do not quote his bullshit. He spawned here a few days ago and does not do anything else but predict falling prices.

Ah no worries, Ill buy it back up to 26. Got some BTC ready to expand my holdings, as I'm still convinced BC has the most mature community/devvers around it. Loads and loads of shitcoins have only one c/p devver behind it trying to make itself rich within a few days. After that, it's the investors who get burned every time.

Anyway, pissed my pants on that "fraggle" quote Cheesy

PestoQuinty

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:49:29 AM

I vote to bring IconicExpert back. He always delivers on time, gives specific ETAs, and always have cool ideas.

Before u all start attacking me for this, think for a minute, read the old thread, see who were the guys who started the drama, see who are the guys behind BlackHandGroup and if even then u want to shit on this post, don't.

That is my suggestion as a comunity member since RadioStatic, not my intention to start the shitstorm all over again.
Better delete the post if that will be the case.

(i dont have many post, but u may know me from irc)
Subtuppel

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:55:23 AM

ROFL
sorry.

PestoQuinty

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:59:00 AM

Yeah i figured u'll be the first...
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:26:35 AM

No thanks.

Funny that he gets booted from Liberty,  comes crawling back here acting all nice like nothing has happened, and then someone with 1 post (quoting IE in the liberty thread, ironically) suggests we bring him back. A blind man could've seen this coming.   

And it was IE that started the drama. Remember he made a big deal about an "announcement" he had which turned out to be the no proof fud campaign that started it all.

It would just be a ticking time bomb for his next meltdown that would inevitably come and this whole unnecessary drama thing will happen again. Pass.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:28:33 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 10:45:20 AM by XbladeX

I vote to bring IconicExpert back. He always delivers on time, gives specific ETAs, and always have cool ideas.

When you drive regular company you can give ETA but here mostly people work for free !
For free... and hmm for free...
And you want eta's. Just stop for a minute and think 2x.
Rat4 is working for free...
Soepkip is working for free...
Vizque is working for free...
Maarx is working for free...
dzimbeck is working for free...
ok sometimes they got donations if their job was good...

Now IE...
1st press release costed 25k BC for 2 articles one in yahoo finance second one i don't realy remember...
2nd Blackcoin card 25$ per each so he can afford eta's and more but he run little company he wrote soft he was selling product...

Do you see difference ? (IE is working for real $, he pumps for real $, he release press for real $ - he is buisnesman so gives ETA's)

If you want have eg. POS 2.0 faster then hire 2 Devs pay them eg. 3000$ each per month for making features and demand ETA's.
So if we want demand ETA's road map we need have eg 10 000$ for hiring full time developers and chose them wisely...
and we have to that 10 000$ per every month to give them job...If you want buisnes arpoach you need real money with you not just DEMAND.

For blackhalo there is about 20 000BC reward so far ~ 1300$ ( something that can make BC 10x... are you f. serious with demand from them ETA's ? )
Do you know how much such software is worth ?? - you should be very glad that they work for free...

Generally if you demand ETA on features or something go any IPO coin like Mastercoin,Ripple,NXT,Maindsafe.... or premined WC,YC....
If some guy is working on BC and he is working for free and mayby some donations you shouldn't force them for eta's.
Pay for work and then demand. just buying coin is not investing really.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:53:21 AM

I know he has done some decent things but no way do I want him associated with bc again. Not after the way he left (still holding our donations btw) and the subsequent demolishing of xlb not a week after joining and declaring himself the main dev. He's like the Charlie Sheen of crypto. His reputation is tarnished and we would lose a lot of credibility by welcoming him back.

And to not get back on the iconic train too much, what are everyone's thoughts on this http://www.coindesk.com/netherlands-issues-bitcoin-warning-banks-financial-institutions/
eMiz0r

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:16:17 AM

I know he has done some decent things but no way do I want him associated with bc again. Not after the way he left (still holding our donations btw) and the subsequent demolishing of xlb not a week after joining and declaring himself the main dev. He's like the Charlie Sheen of crypto. His reputation is tarnished and we would lose a lot of credibility by welcoming him back.

And to not get back on the iconic train too much, what are everyone's thoughts on this http://www.coindesk.com/netherlands-issues-bitcoin-warning-banks-financial-institutions/

Nout Wellink, our former president of DNB (he was replaced in 2011 already) was a typically oldskool banker with an obvious aversion against any type of new technology. The guy is also 73 years old, so he should keep his mouth shut about digital currency.

The new president is clearly not only younger, but is more openminded and is thinking outside of the box anno 2014. His vision about todays economy is a lot more realistic, so I'm not surprised he's keeping the door open to digital currency. That doesn't relief him of his duty to warn banks about investing or working with BTC. It surely is a high risk product when values can rise or lower +10% within a day.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 6409

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

I DEMAND TRANSPARENCY from the foundation.  When will POS 2.0 come out?

I DEMAND TRANSPARENCY from the foundation.  Is there going to be an anon wallet for BC or was this just hype?

I DEMAND TRANSPARENCY from the foundation.  When is Legionare wallet comming out?  Dates please..

I DEMAND TRANSPARENCY from the foundation.  How many DEVs are working on new features and who are they?  facts please..

STOP FUCKING WITH INFORMATION BE CLEAR AND DELIVER ON TIME!

I have had enough shit from insider trading information being used against normal people who are not connected to the insider group!

Further discussions here: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/278g39/regarding_the_blkhand_pastebins_ama_ask_your/

So the foundation can become more secretive than apple according to you...

Well seems like the way cryptos were supposed to be , run by the community and fully transparent without the hidden agenda as central bank , that dream is broken into pieces.

But , this is the problem of an idealist , I myself care only about the price right now

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:47:02 AM

...I myself care only about the price right now...

So dump all your BC while is high and follow Twiter pumpers like Wolong Fontas and more...
to get better ROI.
There is no sense for you to stay here while you only care about price...
BC entered in building infrastructure field and slow rise becouse of high market cap.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: