Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 400007 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:54:36 AM

I'm a little miffed at Genesis at the moment.  

I tried to buy a 2 Ghash contract with the promo code, and although the price changed at the order page, reflecting the discount, at the invoice the price went way up! (From 0.191 to 0.287!)

Thinking I would get rebated the difference, I sent 0.287 BTC from another site, stupidly not realizing that the .001 fee would be deducted, and so I only paid 0.286 on the invoice.

So I repeated the process, correctly, and again the price went up between order and invoice. But this time I sent the BTC correctly and I have one 2 Ghash contract.

BUT!  I overpaid 0.096 BTC for that one, and I haven't seen or heard a word about my missing 0.286 BTC.  The first order's status indicates "Declined" and that's it. I emailed and also opened a ticket with no response.

I feel I am owed 0.382 BTC! It would be nice if someone at least answered emails.

Hi Jess,

your ticket has just been replied to.
As Marco stated before, sorry for delays that may occure, but we answer all tickets!

Best regards
Jan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:57:08 AM

The new coin poll is live at https://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/coinpoll

Vote the next currency to add!

JennaK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:59:24 AM

2 Mh/s For 158 USD
It would take me 181 Days to make my money back
and thats if nothing happened to the market..
What a scam
hyoung

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:56:06 AM

2 Mh/s For 158 USD
What a scam
Other things remaining equal, that leaves you 184 days of pure profit for your one year contract.  You try getting anything remotely close to that on a bank deposit.  That's hardly a scam in my book !!!
hyoung

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:21:47 AM

What about offering support for SHA-3 coins that are currently GPU only with no ASIC support yet.  MaxCoin would be an obvious example.  There's a cudaminer version with SHA-3 / Keccak support.  It flies on a decent GPU rig.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:31:57 AM

What about offering support for SHA-3 coins that are currently GPU only with no ASIC support yet.  MaxCoin would be an obvious example.  There's a cudaminer version with SHA-3 / Keccak support.  It flies on a decent GPU rig.

I think most, if all of the GPUs in GM's farms are all AMD GPUs, so not sure if it would be as profitable or not, although Nvidia 750Ti's are pretty cheap and might be an option to set up rigs with those specifically to mine X13 and Keccak algos as they are pretty energy and heat efficient and give out better hashrates than the AMD cards, that are also double the price.

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:33:10 AM

I have like a more then one month experience with GM.
I bought contract with promo code and I was happy. I can say, that there is a good support I like the GM portal. I found answers to my questions here as well. I like this approach.

What I did not like is the how my investment went to the red numbers. Here is chart showing payments since beginning of my contract per 1GH/s:

I left my mining allocation on AUTO (BTC) 100% all the time.

What is your experience and can you recomend to switch from AUTO BTC to  try get back from red numbers?

Thank you
matt988

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:00:32 AM

I have like a more then one month experience with GM.
I bought contract with promo code and I was happy. I can say, that there is a good support I like the GM portal. I found answers to my questions here as well. I like this approach.

What I did not like is the how my investment went to the red numbers. Here is chart showing payments since beginning of my contract per 1GH/s:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35621236/GM_graph.gif

I left my mining allocation on AUTO (BTC) 100% all the time.

What is your experience and can you recomend to switch from AUTO BTC to  try get back from red numbers?

Thank you

I also got quite a big decline in payouts last month from 10c to 3.2c.
I tried to mine for a few days FTC but it was pretty bad so i just went back to autoBTC.

I think there are two factors why are payouts pretty bad atm, first is obvious and this is increased hashrate. The second is the fact that alts are losing vs the bitcoin bigtime. LTC was over 0.03 not that long ago it is now at 0.014 or lower.

I hope that if GM will not adjust older contracts to better hashrates that at least altcoin market will improve.
bitcoinjess

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:48:13 AM

[/quote]

Hi Jess,

your ticket has just been replied to.
As Marco stated before, sorry for delays that may occure, but we answer all tickets!

Best regards
Jan
[/quote]

Thanks for reply, Jan. I also saw that my ticket was acknowledged. Hopefully I can soon post that the issue was resolved.

As for ROI and declining payouts.. I also mine at scrypt.cc and the general complaint there is that if you bought and held your hashes you most likely have not received payouts equal to the decline in your hashes' book value, i.e. you bought hashes at 50 and they went down to 25 faster than you received 25 in payouts (obviously these are arbitrary numbers).  Also, payouts per hash there have dropped significantly. If you track the LTC/BTC ratio you will find it has SOME correlation with scrypt-mining payouts.

So arbitrarily saying that a 181-day ROI is bad is far too simplistic. First of all, no one knows if the current conditions will improve or decline. I can GUARANTEE the current conditions will not persist for 181 days (feel free to check me next January on my bold prognostication).

Secondly, good luck calculating ROI on your hardware purchase. I personally lost WAY more BTC from scam hardware vendor, but even vendors who deliver seem to miss their promised delivery dates by several difficulty-increase periods.

Thirdly, I don't know if anyone else is tracking the BTC difficulty forecast and hashrate at bitcoinwisdom.com like I am, but there are clearly BIG BIG players with over 20 Petahashes of SHA power just sitting out parts of every difficulty cycle, to game the profitability of mining vs. slowing difficulty rise.  Unless YOU, personally reading this, have 2 or 3 PETAHASHES of power at your fingertips, then realize that there are people making decisions on which you and I, the small fry, and our profits, depend.

marife01

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:25:56 PM

Nice that there will be another coin to be added soon.  Cheesy
wwhitman

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

Excited to see Monero on there as a coin.

How is this possible as it is Cryptonote and not Scrypt?

If people are able to use all of their hash power on XMR, that would be a no-brainer of a coin to add.

If this happens, I will certainly be purchasing more from Genesis.
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:44:32 PM

2 Mh/s For 158 USD
What a scam
Cloud Mining will get me positive ROI but it takes freakin' longer then two weeks! SCAM!  Grin

Excited to see Monero on there as a coin.

How is this possible as it is Cryptonote and not Scrypt?

If people are able to use all of their hash power on XMR, that would be a no-brainer of a coin to add.

If this happens, I will certainly be purchasing more from Genesis.
Well, you can mine BTC as well, and that's not scrypt either. So, it's simply an exchange of the "the most profitable coins" for Bitcoin, or Darkcoin, or Monero (whatever that is, I gave up on trying to know all the coins out there)

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
wwhitman

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:12:42 PM

Both BTC and DRK aren't mined directly, but I was under the impression that the rest of the coins on their list were able to be mined directly (RDD, BC, etc.). Perhaps I am incorrect here.

Even if it is like the BTC and DRK options, I would love to have a payout in XMR at the end of the day.

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:30:54 PM

My earning stat are still stuck since 2014-07-06...

Your IT boys are on this or what ?
I know i earn nothing with this crappy 360$/mhs contract (thank you for the early adopters...) but fix this asap.
ellen_me

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:49:25 AM

Am I the first one to notice that the price was lowered to 0.059usd per Kh/s (the opening post was modified)? I should have a price then!? Tongue

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:24:26 AM

Am I the first one to notice that the price was lowered to 0.059usd per Kh/s (the opening post was modified)? I should have a price then!? Tongue
Nice Spot! Smiley

I think it was done a few days ago, as that was why 2MH/S went down in price to 158 USD.

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:57:16 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 02:16:15 PM by Zeta0S

I have made a small How to video
In English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04q9TXY5kYc
In Dutch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJYovBeJrPk

I think Genesis will Launches there own pool soon, so you can point your own miner to it.

Whit Voucher code MOON you get 3% off the bill  Smiley

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
xiaogr

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:48:26 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 02:07:31 PM by xiaogr

Stay tuned for a big announcement coming soon! Smiley

Any update regarding this big Announcement.  Huh My one half wants to invest and the other wants to wait....

www.genesis-mining.com - 3% Promo Code: TRUNK_38
www.hashflare.io - 10% Discount Code: 2450E47A
wwhitman

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:25:41 PM

I made a substantial purchase (at least for my budget) of a Genesis Mining contract a little over a month ago. I invested about 6.6 bitcoins (at the time I believe the exchange rate was @600). A few weeks later the same contract would have cost 4.8 bitcoins (when the price decreased). I was just outside the cusp of those who received upgraded hashpower as well.

But I'm not here to complain. I'm here to try to figure out how to best use my remaining time with Genesis to get an ROI since I'm behind the 8 ball with the price I invested at.

I have had the realization that with Genesis's Auto-Btc I will not get back close to my initial BTC investment, so another strategy is needed.

Part of what drew me to Genesis was the Auto-Btc function -- their algorithm for mining the most "profitable" alt-coin and converting it to BTC every day. But having now spent some time in "ALTCOIN-LAND" and taken in the landscape ----  the most profitable alt-coin is the one that is going to be PUMPED (whether for valid or invalid reasons). The increase of difficulty and mining competition will ensure the "daily" method of most-profitable-coin mining will most likely not be a winning strategy.  We must take a longer-view strategy.

I started mining Redd Coin on Genesis last week, and since then its value has more than tripled. I did some research on msg boards, found out about the Redd Coin halving and a few other indicators. Wasn't too hard to see there was going to be a spike. So the first step to positive ROI is doing research on the coins Genesis has in their arsenal, mine them directly, and try to anticipate pumps.  Seems obvious now, but for an idiot like me this was a realization. If you haven't purchased Genesis Mining, I don't know if buying the alt-coins directly would be more profitable over time, but having GM mine them and pay them out to my wallets is a huge time saver.

Genesis just added Black Coin, and there is a nice pump going on with it. Genesis Mining said in this forum that the coin looked "promising". The thing is --- does "promising" mean a pump's coming, or does "promising" mean the coin has long term market potential? Was "promising" a code for "YO SUCKAS A PUMP IS COMING!" That's how I took it, and Genesis, please keep using that word when you see one coming. I don't believe BC holds long term market value, but if Genesis does I would like to hear the reasons. I don't like BC at all actually, but seeing Genesis say "promising" made me think they knew something I didn't.

My vote for the next coin is Monero. I know it has taken over the msg boards here and people are annoyed, but it has potential and the right investors (monero's VC). Speaking the choir here, but Anon-coins ALREADY have a market built in (the black market). This is not hypothetical!  Using anonymous coins on the dark web is a NO-BRAINER. Mark my words, this will happen. The first anon-coin that works and has liquidity will have a sizable market value. DRK had promise, but I see them playing catch-up right now -- perhaps they can do it, but it is over-valued right now and is trending down. I have ZERO idea if Monero is going to be THE anon-coin, but of the ones on Genesis' list, it has the best shot.   There's others like CLOAK, zerocash, etc. I need to examine, so please do your own research.

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:22:11 AM

Your service got to my review of Mining rigs and Cloud hashing - http://fuk.io/cloud-hashing-and-rig-renting-services-review

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: