Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 400012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
monim1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

I want to vote for the new coin that Genesis mining is going to add. Can anyone give me the link where i can submit my vote.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nathan101

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:13:37 PM

- all orders after the 1st of July will be upgraded to the new terms
- all orders of the past week (June 26th) will be upgraded by 15%
- all orders starting from June 19th will be upgraded by 8%
What about those members who order at the starting? Will they get 100%?

It only depends on your contract start date:  19th June – 25th June: +8%,  26th June – 30th June: +15%, 1st July- today: everything will be like you would buy now. I hope this helps.

Cheers, Marco (mk)

Thanks for your information. I think you are doing a great job. Again thanks a lot.

Crypto_123

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:32:23 PM

I want to vote for the new coin that Genesis mining is going to add. Can anyone give me the link where i can submit my vote.

There is no permanent poll. Apparently they do polls every two or three weeks. The polls happen on facebook, so you should like the facebook page in order to be informed.
Asterdune

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:35:59 PM

@Monim1: There is no vote going on at the moment. You'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining

@Genesis-Mining: Great Job and great Offer!

---

Incidentally: I am faithfully using promo-codes from this forum. It would be great, if you could return the favour and use mine: COOKIE_23
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:47:32 PM

@Monim1: There is no vote going on at the moment. You'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining

@Genesis-Mining: Great Job and great Offer!

---

Incidentally: I am faithfully using promo-codes from this forum. It would be great, if you could return the favour and use mine: COOKIE_23

Good idea!

If anyone has used mine in the past, please Private message me with the date etc you purchased and the hashrate, so I can look at my transaction history and then whoever was first in date order, I shall then use your promo code if you have one, as I purchase hashpower.

Thanks.

Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:41:38 PM

There is no permanent poll. Apparently they do polls every two or three weeks. The polls happen on facebook, so you should like the facebook page in order to be informed.

That is correct. We want to add another coin by beginning of this week (and we think you will like our choice). After that we will come up with another poll.

Cheers, Marco (mk)

Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 11:59:56 PM

To give everyone who is interested a quick update on the topics we are currently working on (our "near term goals"):

• upgrading the hashpower as announced for existing users - this should be ready within the next 12 hours
  • adding more information to the dashboard - as requested by our users
  • changes to the design to make the look & feel more consistent
  • we are also in the process of building another HUGE farm (our second one in Europe!)
  • a new coin should be available by next week - you will like our choice
  • we are cooperating with a hardware manufacturer which we will announce soon
  • there is also work going into the translation of our webpage in various languages
  • and hopefully we will be able to accept credit card payments soon (though there will be limitations)

There is much more on our list (incl. X11 / Darkcoin MasterNode).... we will keep the pace!

Thank you all for your ideas, feedback and support. We really appreciate it!

Cheers,
  Marco (mk)

Nathan101

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:43:52 AM

We want to add another coin by beginning of this week (and we think you will like our choice). After that we will come up with another poll.

Cheers, Marco (mk)

so this time  there is no voting option?

monim1

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:48:15 AM

I go through the link and like the official Facebook page. Thanks for your help.
ellen_me

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:55:21 AM

That is correct. We want to add another coin by beginning of this week (and we think you will like our choice). After that we will come up with another poll.

Cheers, Marco (mk)

That means genesis mining will just add the coin that miners will really like, no voting for that coin. That's correct? Smiley

Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Cheers, Marco (mk)

That means genesis mining will just add the coin that miners will really like, no voting for that coin. That's correct? Smiley

We will just add a coin (like we did for Darkcoin) and then prepare another voting session Smiley

Cheers, Marco (mk)

Daniel007

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

Cheers, Marco (mk)

We will just add a coin (like we did for Darkcoin) and then prepare another voting session Smiley

Cheers, Marco (mk)

I would like to know the name of the new coin. Can you please mention about it?

DoubleU

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 05:53:08 PM

With bonus hash power and new profitable coins, looks like I might break-even after all.

Or even *gasp* make some profit...  Grin

The future is not so doom and gloom. Let's hope BTC weakens a bit so we all make more profit from altcoins.

Every little bit helps. No pun intended.  Wink
vaisajne

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:21:13 PM

Great news and thanks for the bonus hash power. You are doing a great job by passing on the benefit to old customers whenever you are slashing your prices down.

Use code UMANO_17 for 3% discount.

monim1

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:26:06 AM

• upgrading the hashpower as announced for existing users - this should be ready within the next 12 hours
i
[/list]

Is it ready now? Haven't found any announcement on this forum?
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:34:02 AM

i
    [/list]

If you have an account and log in, you should notice if your hashpower has increased or not as the graphic showing you how much hashpower you have, will have changed to the new total.

It had for me, so I am sure it has for others too.

Bonobo

Activity: 26

View Profile
    July 06, 2014, 10:11:28 AM

Great news and thanks for the bonus hash power. You are doing a great job by passing on the benefit to old customers whenever you are slashing your prices down.

Use code UMANO_17 for 3% discount.
    They are not passing on the benefit to old customers.  I am two months into a 12 month contract - am I an 'old' customer?  But I am excluded from the upgrade.  

All you people who have just 'benefited' from the latest price drop and upgrades need to know what to expect because I know you are all, like vaisajne, feeling like you just got a great bargain.  I felt the same way two months ago when I bought my first GM contract and had it almost immediately upgraded from 4 to 9 MH/s - just like what happened last week.  That inspired me to buy another larger contract a week after the first one - I now have 59MH/s.  It felt great to have all this money coming in day after day.  I always understood that the rate of returns would drop off, but what I was not prepared for was the RATE at which they would drop off.  To put it simply the payout in BTC is roughly halving every month.  After two months I am getting less than a quarter the payout I was getting when I started.  GM announced last week that they will be bringing online a new datacenter and new ASICs.  Undoubtedly there will be much competition in the space for the foreseeable future.  I believe we can expect the monthly halving of returns to continue for some time.  I am not even going to come close to breaking even.  If I get back more than 50% of the BTC I invested  I will consider myself lucky.  

Here is another chart.  It shows my accumulated GM payouts in pink.  The black line is an exponential which shows the break-even level.  If the pink line is above the black line I will make a profit at the end of the contract.

https://i.imgur.com/vYam17P.jpg

I know my opinions may not be popular with people who have just bought contracts (you will be in denial), but I am really talking to people who are on the fence, about to commit.  Think again - you will probably only get half your BTC back.  I am not saying GM is a scam.  I am just saying that the reality is that under present conditions their business model is uneconomic for us customers.  GM have stated very clearly that they will not be upgrading 'old' customers like me, so basically everybody who has a GM contract is going to lose money, at least until the network hashrate stabilises some time way in the future.  The only people who are going to make money are GM.

All you people who are feeling smug about the 'free' upgrade you just got - you will be feeling like me in a month or two when history repeats itself - and even worse when your contract expires and you have lost half your BTC.  

If the rate of returns suddenly improves and I turn out to be full of BS I will not only have egg on my face - I will also have a big smile on my face!  I have 18 BTC in the game.
    fractal02

Activity: 504
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    July 06, 2014, 10:24:38 AM

To give everyone who is interested a quick update on the topics we are currently working on (our "near term goals"):

• adding more information to the dashboard - as requested by our users
    • changes to the design to make the look & feel more consistent
    • we are also in the process of building another HUGE farm (our second one in Europe!)
    • a new coin should be available by next week - you will like our choice
    • we are cooperating with a hardware manufacturer which we will announce soon
    • there is also work going into the translation of our webpage in various languages
    • and hopefully we will be able to accept credit card payments soon (though there will be limitations)

There is much more on our list (incl. X11 / Darkcoin MasterNode).... we will keep the pace!

Thank you all for your ideas, feedback and support. We really appreciate it!

Cheers,
      Marco (mk)

For early adopters..this is not very cool...  Undecided
    We invest at high price, trusted Genesis-mining and we haven't nothing in return...
    Hubert

Activity: 50
    Merit: 7

View Profile
    July 06, 2014, 10:37:26 AM

All you people who have just 'benefited' from the latest price drop and upgrades need to know what to expect because I know you are all, like vaisajne, feeling like you just got a great bargain.  I felt the same way two months ago when I bought my first GM contract and had it almost immediately upgraded from 4 to 9 MH/s - just like what happened last week.  That inspired me to buy another larger contract a week after the first one - I now have 59MH/s.  It felt great to have all this money coming in day after day.  I always understood that the rate of returns would drop off, but what I was not prepared for was the RATE at which they would drop off.  To put it simply the payout in BTC is roughly halving every month.  After two months I am getting less than a quarter the payout I was getting when I started.  GM announced last week that they will be bringing online a new datacenter and new ASICs.  Undoubtedly there will be much competition in the space for the foreseeable future.  I believe we can expect the monthly halving of returns to continue for some time.  I am not even going to come close to breaking even.  If I get back more than 50% of the BTC I invested  I will consider myself lucky.  

Here is another chart.  It shows my accumulated GM payouts in pink.  The black line is an exponential which shows the break-even level.  If the pink line is above the black line I will make a profit at the end of the contract.

This is exactly what happens to me.

GM is absolutely not profitable for its clients. I am more pessimistic than you.

Pour les français : Passé votre chemin, cela fait 20 jours que je suis chez GM et au taux de reversement actuel, il me faut 352 jours pour rentrer dans mes frais.

En seulement 20 jours le taux de reversement à baissé de 40% ...
    monim1

View Profile
    July 06, 2014, 11:11:08 AM

i
      [/list]

If you have an account and log in, you should notice if your hashpower has increased or not as the graphic showing you how much hashpower you have, will have changed to the new total.

It had for me, so I am sure it has for others too.

I just check it. I have got mine too.
      Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 249 »
        Print  

Jump to: