Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 400012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hexagram

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

nosce te ipsum

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:39:34 AM

Hi, new here but I've read the entire thread and have a (possibly silly) question:

How does this compare to say PBMining?

From what I learned from this thread the maximum monthly ROI is at around 18-25% (excuse my poor observation skills if I'm wrong). At steady difficulty rates (which is never the case) we are looking at breaking even in about 4-6 months. I am finding similar numbers with PBMining with this calculator: http://pratscher.org/pbmining/

However I like the transparency and the feeling of community here better, so I am considering to join the "club" soon.

Anyone with promo codes for me?

Best Regards.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Illutian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:28:58 AM

This did look promising.

Until I noticed something about the testimonial.

It's Photoshopped

((https://i.imgur.com/IVb34GB.png))

That's a serious red flag when testimonials include images that are clearly cut out of a larger image....
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:32:01 AM

Hi, new here but I've read the entire thread and have a (possibly silly) question:

From what I learned from this thread the maximum monthly ROI is at around 18-25% (excuse my poor observation skills if I'm wrong). At steady difficulty rates (which is never the case) we are looking at breaking even in about 4-6 months. I am finding similar numbers with PBMining with this calculator: http://pratscher.org/pbmining/

However I like the transparency and the feeling of community here better, so I am considering to join the "club" soon.

Best Regards.
You can use CK_DISCOUNT if you like. 3% discount Smiley

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:37:25 AM

This did look promising.

It's Photoshopped

That's a serious red flag when testimonials include images that are clearly cut out of a larger image....

Hiya.

Sorry I am missing your point here, surely if someone supplies you an image and you want to fit it in to your own web page design, sometimes you might have to do things with it, like resizing or cropping.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts or opinions, so I have said mine and you have yours.

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:41:25 AM

O.K I am new and this is my third day so far I was paid only 17 cents two days ago and nothing in the last 24 hours is this normal? I bought one MHS..I sent in support ticket as I thought we were supposed to be paid daily yes? Also I expected first payment to be lower as is not full 4 hours but since that payment more than 24 hours have gone past actually a day and a half and still nothing else has arrived.

Did you get your payment?

Ian

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:29:57 AM

Best Regards.

Hi, I would say that main difference is that PBMining is based on SHA-256 (Bitcoin) mining where difficulty is going to the moon fast. So I am in doubt of ROI there. So far I am with Genesis-mining I am happy to say that my prediction is correct and it`s good investment. Of course there is many things which can happen, but this valid generaly. I like way how this works and community here.

If you like to use my Promo code for 3% discount here: GMKP  Cool
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:38:52 AM

Hi to all.

1) It would be nice to see a mining progress (chart or counter like other cloud hosts) . I guess everybody would like to know the profitability of his "virtual miner" at a given time.
Especially when someone has allocate percentage of power to various coins.

2) Try to keep a steady frequency in payments

3) Maybe a chart to compare the earnings of each day/week

Hi Xiaogr,

Thanks for mining with us! We have heard the request about additional charts often and we will get it some attention after the next feature is there. We would appreciate some feedback from the community which chart they would like to see.

1) mined coins (yesterday / last week) and their current value in USD?
2) current profitability of coins based on difficulty / prices (this is tricky to do because difficulty of some coins and the prices can change quickly)
3) something else?

To everyone: kindly let us know what you are looking for and we will give prioritize it with our IT guys.

Cheers, marcok

Hi, I would like to have overview of mined coins for past period. This can help me to decide may be change from auto.
By the way, how do you guys handling these Mining allocations?

1. Are you using just Auto settings (BTC/DRK).
2. You have manual setting - how you define your strategy and often you are changing it?

Thank you for any reponse.
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:52:41 AM

Hi to all.

1) It would be nice to see a mining progress (chart or counter like other cloud hosts) . I guess everybody would like to know the profitability of his "virtual miner" at a given time.
Especially when someone has allocate percentage of power to various coins.

2) Try to keep a steady frequency in payments

3) Maybe a chart to compare the earnings of each day/week

Hi Xiaogr,

Thanks for mining with us! We have heard the request about additional charts often and we will get it some attention after the next feature is there. We would appreciate some feedback from the community which chart they would like to see.

1) mined coins (yesterday / last week) and their current value in USD?
2) current profitability of coins based on difficulty / prices (this is tricky to do because difficulty of some coins and the prices can change quickly)
3) something else?

To everyone: kindly let us know what you are looking for and we will give prioritize it with our IT guys.

Cheers, marcok

Hi, I would like to have overview of mined coins for past period. This can help me to decide may be change from auto.
By the way, how do you guys handling these Mining allocations?

1. Are you using just Auto settings (BTC/DRK).
2. You have manual setting - how you define your strategy and often you are changing it?

Thank you for any reponse.

Hi Kpitti.

I, myself, am just using the Auto BTC option as I specifically just want to get the payments as BTC and not as any other currency. I can then decide whether to transfer that to an exchange and use that to get other types of crypto currency, but partly it is because I will put some of that BTC back into GM and to get some more hashpower. It is nice that we do have a choice though.

martinnew

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:55:48 AM

We are proud to announce the world's first peer-to-peer, end-to-end cloudmining bitcoin lending solution!

We partnered up with BitLendingClub.com to provide world's first and unique solution for risk reduced bitcoin lendings.

If you want to start cloudmining, but don't have the funds, you can now borrow them at BitLendingClub.com and invest into GM's cloudmining contracts right away!
For most secure Lendings on all sides, borrower's funds are used to buy the contract right away. In return, the mining revenues are used to pay off the lending only, until the btc are paid back!

We hope to further enhance the cooperation with BitLendingClub in the future to present you more features and services!
An example for a lending can you find here: https://bitlendingclub.com/loan/browse/lid/1296

So what to keep people from defaulting loans? Most loans don't even have a due date!

-W

Thought I would add this, from GM's Facebook page. This might answer a few thoughts that people might be having.
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/genesis-mining-partners-with-bitlendersclub-borrow-bitcoin-for-scrypt-cloud-hashing-contracts

Good thing there is an article about it already for further questions in mind.
Daniel007

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:37:57 AM

Some days the payment is steady every 24 hours, other days nothing for 24 hours, and some other there are 2 payments in the same days with some hours difference.

Why is it happening? Is there any technical problem or something else?

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:58:58 AM

Some days the payment is steady every 24 hours, other days nothing for 24 hours, and some other there are 2 payments in the same days with some hours difference.

Why is it happening? Is there any technical problem or something else?
Quote from: xiaogr on June 26, 2014, 10:25:08 PM

You are right. The payout timing is not yet perfect. There is some double-checking of numbers that in part also requires human interaction. Going forward we will try to get the payouts with a better timing. We have already some extensive reporting in place and soon we have several persons that can double-check everything and signoff the payout.

We apologize for the timing, but please be rest assured that you will always get your payment!

Cheers, MarcoK

Marco K from GM has explained why, they just check the payments to verify all is well before paying out. I suppose as more and more people are signing up, this takes longer and longer which is why they are going to employ some more staff.

I have not had any problems with payment so far, yes, they do not come at the exact time each time but has never been late enough for me to worry. Also time zones, probably are a factor, I am sort of in the middle where as those further East and West might have some days where a payment has gone into the next day slightly before receiving. Not 100 percent on that but could be a reason too.

Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:12:44 AM

This did look promising.

It's Photoshopped

Hiya.

Sorry I am missing your point here, surely if someone supplies you an image and you want to fit it in to your own web page design, sometimes you might have to do things with it, like resizing or cropping.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts or opinions, so I have said mine and you have yours.

Correct. Our designers thought that the image looks better this way (without some background of the original image).

Cheers, mk

Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:27:47 AM

Marco K from GM has explained why, they just check the payments to verify all is well before paying out. I suppose as more and more people are signing up, this takes longer and longer which is why they are going to employ some more staff.

I have not had any problems with payment so far, yes, they do not come at the exact time each time but has never been late enough for me to worry. Also time zones, probably are a factor, I am sort of in the middle where as those further East and West might have some days where a payment has gone into the next day slightly before receiving. Not 100 percent on that but could be a reason too.

To give some background: We have a highly automated system and reporting already. The system scales easily with the number of users.

What costs a bit more time is the number of coins we offer. We manually double-check the most important number in order to ensure that everything works correctly (hashrate setting of our users, settings of our miners, uptime, reject rates, earned coins, reserves, prices etc.). At the moment only one person "Big Z" is doing the double-check and can sign-off the payout (we have a backup for him of course). Soon the whole reporting will be available to four persons and there will be a smart system that allows each of the trusted persons to check and sign-off the payouts. This will speed up the process going forward.

Thank you for your patience.

Happy Mining,
  Marco k

Illutian

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 11:06:52 AM

This did look promising.

It's Photoshopped

Hiya.

It wasn't cropped or resized. It's clearly been cut out from another image, probably using something similar to the Magnetic Lasso, and then placed on a fake background.

If they just needed to resize the image to fit a predefined image container. They wouldn't need to cut out the person's face, and plop it onto a pre-sized background.

...it's a red flag. Why, assuming their company is legit, would they even risk altering any photo of any person beyond resizing, and maybe some minor touch up to remove blemishes. To do so, just screams "Fly by night operation".
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:33:06 AM

This did look promising.

It's Photoshopped

Hiya.

It wasn't cropped or resized. It's clearly been cut out from another image, probably using something similar to the Magnetic Lasso, and then placed on a fake background.

If they just needed to resize the image to fit a predefined image container. They wouldn't need to cut out the person's face, and plop it onto a pre-sized background.

...it's a red flag. Why, assuming their company is legit, would they even risk altering any photo of any person beyond resizing, and maybe some minor touch up to remove blemishes. To do so, just screams "Fly by night operation".
Well I just think they did that as it fits in better to their webpage, notice the mail icon nearby which also has a grey background and is a circle and also the logos at the bottom of the page which are mostly circular and light grey, I think it personally is more of a design thing, rather than intentional.

If you are that suspicious, you could I suppose email the person in the picture, if you click on the mail icon, you can mail them personally and ask them their thoughts?

Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:41:24 AM

Sooo... When can i start

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Sooo... When can i start

Haha, yeh... Smiley

Well I sort of meant employ more staff as in, more people dealing with it, not necessarily hiring more people.

Illutian

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:35:39 PM

This did look promising.

It's Photoshopped

Hiya.

Well I just think they did that as it fits in better to their webpage, notice the mail icon nearby which also has a grey background and is a circle and also the logos at the bottom of the page which are mostly circular and light grey, I think it personally is more of a design thing, rather than intentional.

If you are that suspicious, you could I suppose email the person in the picture, if you click on the mail icon, you can mail them personally and ask them their thoughts?

-_-'

The person's photo did not originally appear on that background...the background that makes a square image. If you look at the photos from the operators, you can clearly see that their face/body was taken with the shown background being in the original shot....all of them are square shots as well.

Simple use of CSS creates the round cut out that hides the rest of the square image.

I really don't understand how anyone can look at that guy's alleged photo and say "yep, that's legit".

For starters, the left ear is clearly missing parts of it.

The hair around the ear doesn't looks right. He likely had long hair that was swept back behind the ear.

The overall hair is wrong. Unless you're suggesting his hair is made of plastic; no stray groups of hair...hell even Conan O'Brien has tufts of hair that give the top of his hairline an uneven look.

The photo of the man is also lower quality than the background.

The left shoulder is uneven. Those "waves" are explicitly created when cutting an image out and having some of the "cut at" spill into the image you want to cut out.

lol, email them. Ya, let me email a person, who's photo has clearly been manipulated beyond simple resizing. I'm sure they'll be who they say they are.
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

I do feel you have a valid point about the testimonial page. I don't think the picture is fake though, just badly cut around, but it is quite small, so they probably thought, well nobody is going to take our pic and zoom in to it and discuss it, Maybe the original had a curtain in the background or a strange pattern, like what you get from a Passport Photo booth, and so they thought it would look better to crop around it.

Their own photos?? Well they were probably done especially for promotional material and their own website. The other guy would have just probably emailed them a picture.

Anyway, going back to that testimonial, It is old and has been there a while, so I have an idea.

Put some more testimonials up. You have more customers now. I have read reviews, listened to your interviews, add some more!

I am sure there are lots of your customers who would love for you to have their own testimonial on your website.

Just an idea!

But I know you have lots of other things on your lists too Smiley

Illutian

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:31:43 PM

I do feel you have a valid point about the testimonial page. I don't think the picture is fake though, just badly cut around, but it is quite small, so they probably thought, well nobody is going to take our pic and zoom in to it and discuss it, Maybe the original had a curtain in the background or a strange pattern, like what you get from a Passport Photo booth, and so they thought it would look better to crop around it.

Their own photos?? Well they were probably done especially for promotional material and their own website. The other guy would have just probably emailed them a picture.

Anyway, going back to that testimonial, It is old and has been there a while, so I have an idea.

Put some more testimonials up. You have more customers now. I have read reviews, listened to your interviews, add some more!

I am sure there are lots of your customers who would love for you to have their own testimonial on your website.

Just an idea!

But I know you have lots of other things on your lists too Smiley

The image is 664x664, as is all the other's. 'Inspect Elements' is a wonderful tool Wink

And testimonials mean nothing in the digital age....unless they come from well-known and well-respected members of a community.

After all, why should you believe what I say? ((This is why I supported my case with a screenshot instead of just words))

...In fact, how do you even know I (when talking about a message post on a website; not a forum) actually exists.

Dan Johnson is a 47 year old white male with brown eyes and dark brown hair. He currently lives in California up near Ferndale.

Problem is...he never existed. I made him up when I was under 18 to spoof the age check on various sites; from email to forums.

I can probably rattle off about 20 other names and personas that I can make up that sound legit (ie no John Smith or Jane Doe).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: