Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355393 times)
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:24:18 PM

You re stuck in the mud at 38k mate don t you?
i rebought at 27k
cya, dummy nonsense guy behind a monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/G_Z3lmidmrY

38.2% Fibo support and rsi reversing.
Have a good trade.

Oh FFS, will you just shove it up your . . .jumper, with all the BS 'TA' bologna.

Nobody here wants to see your stupid-ass graphs with wiggle lines and 'clever' phrases that describe, well, what do they describe, oh yes, vague hand-wavy nonsense that may or may not come to pass but, either way, you'll have a reason to excuse why it didn't and a crowing i-told-you-so if it does.

Go tell it to people who have yet to grasp critical thinking and objective reasoning. I believe you might needed over in the Silkcoin thread.

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

What is Veribit?

VeriBit is a feature that allows people to use/spend VeriCoins anywhere that Bitcoins are accepted. Here is a desktop video of me using the current implementation to buy a Papa Johns Pizza gift certificate:

http://youtu.be/PLuBgdQJ6NQ

I don't see how is that special at all...
I can always exchange VeriCoin on a legit exchange and pay with BTC from there...and do it faster...
ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:26:04 PM

anyone want to sell me $20 worth of VRC via Paypal.. I am verified and a member since 2001

I only have 302 coins and need to get more... VHEpDfrv6FwZGGuLCiGskVoDGCW74K8tJB

I don't have much mining power... it only makes me 5 coins a day so I want to buy some..

If you have VRC coins to sell and you are trust worthy.. PM me the number of coins I can get for $20 usd for now..

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

What is Veribit?

VeriBit is a feature that allows people to use/spend VeriCoins anywhere that Bitcoins are accepted. Here is a desktop video of me using the current implementation to buy a Papa Johns Pizza gift certificate:

I can always exchange VeriCoin on a legit exchange and pay with BTC from there...and do it faster...

Is that so? How is that faster then immediately paying with Vericoin? I really don't see how you want to do that with an exchanger in the middle.

anyone want to sell me $20 worth of VRC via Paypal.

I stopped reading from there. It is never wise to sell coins with paypal!!
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:29:25 PM

What is Veribit?

Do you gain interest on said btc? How about fees? Speed of transaction for delivery to other exchanges? Did you account for all that?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:29:45 PM

This coin has brass balls.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

You re stuck in the mud at 38k mate don t you?
i rebought at 27k

You know nothing of my positions so let's not get into a pissing match because you'd end up wet and stinky. But I do love it when people like to spout off on a thread about how they bought in at X figure and sold at X time two and rebought etc. etc. I just thought I'd tell you that because clearly you're looking for approval from someone for your heroic claims so, bravo wee man, bravo, you'll be wearing long trousers in no time.

Eesh.

Now, back to a discussion worth actually having, Patrick, can you add the per/Mh/per/day rating to the multipool please?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:32:43 PM

Any word on when pool.vericoin.info will be back online?

It's back up.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:32:54 PM

What is Veribit?

Do you gain interest on said btc? How about fees? Speed of transaction for delivery to other exchanges? Did you account for all that?

Lol, we are talking about <0,1% fees.
I'm all good with that fees for 100% price transparency.

Thanks
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:36:35 PM

As for VeriBit, there is a large buffer of BTC we have donated by a large investor (not in Black Hand) to block any market disrupting uses of it. For now we will limit maximum sends of 1 BTC until we can ensure we will not manipulate the price greatly. We are leveraging the optimal buying algorithm to recover the BTC after a VeriBit transaction and it's been seamless so far. There are no "fees" per se, but the conversion rate is constructed using price levels and often leaves us with ~1% extra BTC after. That BTC goes to boost the buffer to reduce potential damage from sends in the future. Nobody is getting rich of VeriBit. It's designed to help the community, not make much profit.

That's useful, and very pertinent information that needs to be layed out clearly for people, so that they can decide whether they are happy to pay the ~1% premium. It's an interesting development, I look forward to seeing how it's received.

It's not a 1% premium when the market goes down. The system just calculates the lowest price required to ensure it can buy back the BTC. We trained it so it will be minimal. Really, it's just a price. The % depends on how much BTC you want. The more BTC, the higher the rate-- it's just how the market works.

If you're often left with ~1% extra BTC, then that's a premium on top of what I would have paid to go through an exchange. I don't have a problem with that if the info is laid out for people. Many users will be happy to pay something for the convenience. But that's a  side issue.

I don't understand the '% depends on how much BTC you want' part. Why is this ? When trading on an exchange, I am not presented with a different rate according to the value I am trading. Am I missing something ?

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:39:35 PM

As for VeriBit, there is a large buffer of BTC we have donated by a large investor (not in Black Hand) to block any market disrupting uses of it. For now we will limit maximum sends of 1 BTC until we can ensure we will not manipulate the price greatly. We are leveraging the optimal buying algorithm to recover the BTC after a VeriBit transaction and it's been seamless so far. There are no "fees" per se, but the conversion rate is constructed using price levels and often leaves us with ~1% extra BTC after. That BTC goes to boost the buffer to reduce potential damage from sends in the future. Nobody is getting rich of VeriBit. It's designed to help the community, not make much profit.

That's useful, and very pertinent information that needs to be layed out clearly for people, so that they can decide whether they are happy to pay the ~1% premium. It's an interesting development, I look forward to seeing how it's received.

It's not a 1% premium when the market goes down. The system just calculates the lowest price required to ensure it can buy back the BTC. We trained it so it will be minimal. Really, it's just a price. The % depends on how much BTC you want. The more BTC, the higher the rate-- it's just how the market works.

If you're often left with ~1% extra BTC, then that's a premium on top of what I would have paid to go through an exchange. I don't have a problem with that if the info is laid out for people. Many users will be happy to pay something for the convenience. But that's a  side issue.

I don't understand the '% depends on how much BTC you want' part. Why is this ? When trading on an exchange, I am not presented with a different rate according to the value I am trading. Am I missing something ?

We'll list that there's some fees to cover the exchange. Imagine the following scenario:

There's buy orders for 0.1 BTC at 30k sat. and 1.5 BTC at 29.5k sat. If you want to send a 0.05 BTC transaction, it will use the value as 30k sat + 2 VRC as the fee. If you want to send 1.0 BTC it will use a weighted average of the 0.1 BTC and 1.5 BTC orders. Make sense? It does this because it needs to recapture enough BTC to keep the buffer alive. The fee is 2 VRC right now plus actual exchange rate.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:40:14 PM

Exactly what I was trying to say...
Useless service. I'm better with exchanging vericoin in a legit exchange with 100% price transparency.
I don't see this service useful at all, as long as the service is doing nothing special, except for the fact that the VRC are exchanged on an exchange by a script
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:41:04 PM

What is Veribit?

Thanks

You have another layer of verisend, so veribit with verisend means: buying everywhere with VRC where BTC is accepted directly, using anonymous transaction.

So ask yourself if anonymous is such a great hype right now, actually what coin with anonymous built in, can actually offer using it, for real, using it everywhere where btc is accepted.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:42:29 PM

VeriBit is not meant to replace the use of an exchange for traders, it is meant to add utility to the coin, which it does, in spades.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:42:52 PM

What is Veribit?

Thanks

You have another layer of verisend, so veribit with verisend means: buying everywhere with VRC where BTC is accepted directly, using anonymous transaction.

Paying directly from the exchange is already 100% anonymous since nobody can link that payment to any of my personal information, so this gets out of question from the start.
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:47:27 PM

What is Veribit?

Thanks

Paying directly from the exchange is already 100% anonymous since nobody can link that payment to any of my personal information, so this gets out of question from the start.

What are you doing than in altcurrency section? you are in the wrong section of forums here than.

And of course, exchange have logs (zero anonymous, they have your IP's, email, personal data, all of your transaction.... doing from your wallet there's no logs. And all transaction can be traced to exchange via blockchain, and exchange have logs, binding transaction directly to your account in exchange.
Ip
IP can be traced to you ISP provider, ISP provider have your address and all the data the need to know who you are. But is enough, to trace your transaction from exchange to antoher exchange to BTC account, where you transfer BTC for FIAT and viceversa. There they got your  account number and for sure your address.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:47:42 PM

Paying directly from the exchange is already 100% anonymous

Except for all the information that links you to your exchange account. Even if it's just an email account, that account links on to somewhere else where it has been used to register an account for you on another unrelated service and so on, whereby, over time you gave your name or a delivery address for some goods to a supplier and, bingo, that Exchange address now clearly belongs to you and any payments sent from it are, indeed, linked to you.

Yes, yes, you might have used TOR and a disposable Email address when you registered for your exchange account and all the other guff that nobody with nothing worth hiding bothers with. If so, then why bother complaining that this service does nothing for you when it clearly does a ton for everybody else.

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:48:19 PM

Why being in this topic after all?
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:48:35 PM

We'll list that there's some fees to cover the exchange. Imagine the following scenario:

There's buy orders for 0.1 BTC at 30k sat. and 1.5 BTC at 29.5k sat. If you want to send a 0.05 BTC transaction, it will use the value as 30k sat + 2 VRC as the fee. If you want to send 1.0 BTC it will use a weighted average of the 0.1 BTC and 1.5 BTC orders. Make sense? It does this because it needs to recapture enough BTC to keep the buffer alive. The fee is 2 VRC right now plus actual exchange rate.

Why do you choose to use an actual rate for one transaction, and a weighted average for another ? Why does the larger transaction benefit from the reduced fee ?
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:49:58 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 02:24:54 PM by PUMPBANDIT

RE: Staking

Working on a new way to get it to stake.
Fingers crossed this time.

Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: