Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:17:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:26:29 PM

As for VeriBit, there is a large buffer of BTC we have donated by a large investor (not in Black Hand) to block any market disrupting uses of it. For now we will limit maximum sends of 1 BTC until we can ensure we will not manipulate the price greatly. We are leveraging the optimal buying algorithm to recover the BTC after a VeriBit transaction and it's been seamless so far. There are no "fees" per se, but the conversion rate is constructed using price levels and often leaves us with ~1% extra BTC after. That BTC goes to boost the buffer to reduce potential damage from sends in the future. Nobody is getting rich of VeriBit. It's designed to help the community, not make much profit.

That's useful, and very pertinent information that needs to be layed out clearly for people, so that they can decide whether they are happy to pay the ~1% premium. It's an interesting development, I look forward to seeing how it's received.

It's not a 1% premium when the market goes down. The system just calculates the lowest price required to ensure it can buy back the BTC. We trained it so it will be minimal. Really, it's just a price. The % depends on how much BTC you want. The more BTC, the higher the rate-- it's just how the market works.

If you're often left with ~1% extra BTC, then that's a premium on top of what I would have paid to go through an exchange. I don't have a problem with that if the info is laid out for people. Many users will be happy to pay something for the convenience. But that's a  side issue.

I don't understand the '% depends on how much BTC you want' part. Why is this ? When trading on an exchange, I am not presented with a different rate according to the value I am trading. Am I missing something ?

We'll list that there's some fees to cover the exchange. Imagine the following scenario:

There's buy orders for 0.1 BTC at 30k sat. and 1.5 BTC at 29.5k sat. If you want to send a 0.05 BTC transaction, it will use the value as 30k sat + 2 VRC as the fee. If you want to send 1.0 BTC it will use a weighted average of the 0.1 BTC and 1.5 BTC orders. Make sense? It does this because it needs to recapture enough BTC to keep the buffer alive. The fee is 2 VRC right now plus actual exchange rate.

Why do you choose to use an actual rate for one transaction, and a weighted average for another ? Why does the larger transaction benefit from the reduced fee ?

It can't be an actual rate for the transaction because 0.1 BTC doesn't cover the entire 1 BTC. It has to use both rates to get the "true" rate.

Sure, and by using the weighted average for the larger transaction, that transaction is processed with a better rate. Why not simply use weighted averages for all transactions, so as to create a more even playing field ( at that time ) ? It would surely be a bit more efficient programmatically, too, no ?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:31:31 PM

If you are not having to go through an exchange, then ~1% is not a terrible deal. Most exchanges charge 0.2% for each trade transaction. Then again to withdraw it to your wallet.

Sure, and as I said earlier, I don't have a problem if this information is published for the user to make a decision about. People are happy to pay for convenience. I couldn't find any info about fees, and so asked the question. It's interesting being able to receive answers direct from a developer, and I appreciate the feedback.
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:34:00 PM

Paying directly from the exchange is already 100% anonymous

Except for all the information that links you to your exchange account. Even if it's just an email account, that account links on to somewhere else where it has been used to register an account for you on another unrelated service and so on, whereby, over time you gave your name or a delivery address for some goods to a supplier and, bingo, that Exchange address now clearly belongs to you and any payments sent from it are, indeed, linked to you.

Yes, yes, you might have used TOR and a disposable Email address when you registered for your exchange account and all the other guff that nobody with nothing worth hiding bothers with. If so, then why bother complaining that this service does nothing for you when it clearly does a ton for everybody else.

All I'm saying is that I don't see how VeriBit is useful at all to drive that much fee in the dev's pocket... I mean... 1%... for real now
If you want to pay for something that accepts BTC, just exchange some VRC for BTC and pay with BTC...is that simple...

Its not about anonymity here, I was just answering to somebody's else point of view...

I gave 1% as an example. In reality it's less, but with 0.2% fees in each direction from the exchange plus BTC withdraw fee, I don't think it's too crazy. As I said before, don't use it if you don't like it. Some people don't want to have to wait for exchanges.

Can you clarify the 2 VRC transaction fee I thought I read earlier?  That seems odd.  What if VRC goes to 0.025 BTC?  A cup of coffee could get veri expensive!

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:35:24 PM

so I got coins in my wallet how do they stake had a lot of them stake and got some interest... but now they say all spendable ... is there something I have to do to make my coins stake again..

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

This thread is starting to go downhill with the amount of morons that have turned up.

I have had the same issues here. Legitimate questions and concerns about staking that are only answered by morons claiming fud.  I hope the next wallet has some better tools/help around staking.  Like you, that is the main reason I got into VRC, and if I cannot make heads or tails of what the wallet is doing with staking, then I am left with fear, uncertainty and doubt - not caused by me, but by the wallet itself.  A simple staking guide off the help menu explaining: 1. how to turn on staking. 2. the process the wallet goes through while staking, including what happens when you add more coins to your wallet, what the icon messages mean, etc. 3. how to turn off taking.

I suspect the folks that have staking "all figured out" have not really run into complex scenarios with their wallet, yet.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:44:31 PM

so I got coins in my wallet how do they stake had a lot of them stake and got some interest... but now they say all spendable ... is there something I have to do to make my coins stake again..

Just leave it in there and it will move to stake in about a day or so and try not to touch it so much Tongue
Bottom corner will tell you how long you got. If it says 700 day dont worry that goes down quick like my sister. Eventually it will say one day in about 8 hours then it will make you stake with some sauce.
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:48:54 PM

Except for all the information that links you to your exchange account. Even if it's just an email account, that account links on to somewhere else where it has been used to register an account for you on another unrelated service and so on, whereby, over time you gave your name or a delivery address for some goods to a supplier and, bingo, that Exchange address now clearly belongs to you and any payments sent from it are, indeed, linked to you.

Yes, yes, you might have used TOR and a disposable Email address when you registered for your exchange account and all the other guff that nobody with nothing worth hiding bothers with. If so, then why bother complaining that this service does nothing for you when it clearly does a ton for everybody else.

All I'm saying is that I don't see how VeriBit is useful at all to drive that much fee in the dev's pocket... I mean... 1%... for real now
If you want to pay for something that accepts BTC, just exchange some VRC for BTC and pay with BTC...is that simple...

Its not about anonymity here, I was just answering to somebody's else point of view...

I gave 1% as an example. In reality it's less, but with 0.2% fees in each direction from the exchange plus BTC withdraw fee, I don't think it's too crazy. As I said before, don't use it if you don't like it. Some people don't want to have to wait for exchanges.

Can you clarify the 2 VRC transaction fee I thought I read earlier?  That seems odd.  What if VRC goes to 0.025 BTC?  A cup of coffee could get veri expensive!

i think of adjustment

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:59:34 PM

I was right, massive dump/correction/pull back whatever you want to call it, it happened.

No you weren't, Mystic Meg, you 'predicted' a 'significant pull-back' was going to occur within 12 hours, yesterday morning. When that didn't happen you excused your error by claiming TA is usually right and that other factors affect the market price. Now there was a surge today, with the accompanying blow-off as expected, you want to claim you were right?

Great steaming piles of Intellectual Dishonesty.

The price crashed 40%+ within 60mins, someone needs a reality check. Yes it will recover. It took a little longer to crash because of the twitter hyping.

This guys https://twitter.com/Daikoku10Crypto was pumping and then offloaded 1 million VRC in 20 minutes.
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:00:31 PM

We are going to change the 2 VRC as appropriate. We are aiming for it to be insignificant but enough to cover tx fees.

Just want to say while were on the staking issue that I did get paid a stake twice in the last month, and that was without ever encrypting the wallet, then unlocking it, so go figure.  Shocked
But the amounts were 0.05 and 0.08 for 450 Veri's.

Theirs issues, and they need addressing asap please. Fingers crossed on the new wallet.

Apart from that and logo font change (yuck, wtf happened their?) everything about Veri has been flawless.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but there are no issues with the wallet.

Staking is enabled by default. You will stake up to 100% of your coins. If you don't want to stake you can turn it off in the wallet options via Options and setting a reserve balance.

Encrypting the wallet blocks staking until it is unlocked.

Staking is a 8.3 hour window where the coins cannot be spent.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:01:47 PM

The price crashed 40%+ within 60mins, someone needs a reality check. Yes it will recover. It took a little longer to crash because of the twitter hyping.
Sure, because when your predictions are right, it's TA, when they're wrong it's 'other market forces'.

Intellectual honesty, try it on for size now and then.

The market moves because it moves, not because it forms pretty shapes in graphs.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:02:56 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 06:16:26 PM by PUMPBANDIT

This guys https://twitter.com/Daikoku10Crypto was pumping and then offloaded 1 million VRC in 20 minutes.

But the tweet dates don't match.  Huh

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:12:41 PM

Pat, this is feedback of users including myself that are telling you Veri is not staking properly and its personally been like this for a month.
That is what were trying to say, its pretty obvious.

You are in the minority it would seem. Most wallet users have no issues with it. Perhaps if you posted the details of what wallet version you are running, on what system, it might help some way towards resolving your problems.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:15:14 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 06:16:44 PM by PUMPBANDIT

Wallet - v1.2.4.0-g32a928e
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:17:07 PM

When you hover over the blue icon in the bottom right, what information does it give?

milkyway

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:19:06 PM

whats with the dump..

>>> multiwallet | POS 5% Annual [Anon NanoWallet™ technology] | encrypted communication | Inwallet trading <<<
PUMPBANDIT

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:20:28 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 06:17:01 PM by PUMPBANDIT

Its blue and says its staking.
Network interest is - 2.2%
network stake - 10759347
Expected time - 2 days

Running win764

blizeH

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:22:09 PM

I've just bought in, get ready for the big crash now.

rygamble

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:23:15 PM

In other news the fundamentals of this coin put it above all others that I know of. Going to be performing analysis of the serious competitors if there are any in the coming days. Highly undervalued at the moment.
Not trying to be THAT guy, but CloakCoin just updated, TOR built-in, somewhat-centralized anonymous sending for now, trading through wallet, more features to come, and a developer that's active and constantly pushing out new stuff.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:25:11 PM

whats with the dump..

Disappointment with US GDP.

Expectations were at +2.6% and it's come in at -2.9.

All blamed on Vericoin. Expect 15k sats incoming  Wink
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:27:46 PM

But the tweet dates don't match.  Huh

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but there are no issues with the wallet.

Pat, this is feedback of users including myself that are telling you Veri is not staking properly and its personally been like this for a month.
That is what were trying to say, its pretty obvious.

PM me.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: