Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
alwa1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

Already posted before, but worth mentioning again, we're on Coindesk! The best and most trusted news site for cryptocurrencies.

http://www.coindesk.com/vericoin-altcoin-spend-wherever-bitcoin-accepted/
How long ago did it hit CoinDesk? Like 20 mins ago?

Im trying to speculate why the price has been skyrocketing.. figured it was because of cryptocoinsnews..
Stan Higgins | Published on June 27, 2014 at 21:51 BST - http://www.timebie.com/timelocal/britishsummer.php

if i converted correctly (i live in EST time), this was posted about 49 minutes ago
Correct, thats not the reason for the price skyrocketing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:43:51 PM

Can someone clear something up for me. A lot of people are saying that VeriSend and VeriBit are centralized which obviously is a bad thing, others are saying it will be decentralized with the wallet integration. Question is, will it actually be decentralized, or will it rely on a central location for action? Explain it to me please.

VeriSend will become decentralized as more people setup ring nodes to process the VeriSend transactions, anyone can setup a ring node.

VeriBit is and will remain Centralized for the time being

How do you set one up. I am assuming one more and more people do that, the node you setup becomes open to the network and starts processing other orders?

I am a Networking guy and I am also willing to set one up

I believe instruction are on Vericoin.info and if not then I will see about getting them posted up there

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

Weak hands about to be slaughtered.  Grin
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:48:01 PM

The price is slowly rising and i'm still not convinced whether to buy again or not. Even though the devs are working hard, and the proof stays in sms, veribit, veribank and others, at the end of the day the coin still has a centralized anonymity, similar to the rest of the 99% coins that promises it.

Without the decentralized anonymity, nobody can tell for sure if it is or not just a small p&d and the dump happening at the release of the new features. Also, that PR guy from the team sounds like a snake oil salesman. He was promising the moon and the stars in that google hangout. He was mumbling about cnn, about connection he has, big people, big money. He was talking a lot of fantasy. I almost expected him talking about midgets and dragons at the end of the hangout.

Having said that, i respect the 3 devs a lot. Hope they will pull whatever features they have in mind. DRK, XC and Vericoin are at the top of the altcoin foodchain. Will watch closely...

If there's gonna be midgets and dragons then I'm all in!  Shocked
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

I warned the XC board minutes before their bubble popped, so I'll warn you guys...
You're bubble has popped. Big large red volume bars are taking over. The pump is over, dump commenced. No I have no interest in buying your coin for cheap.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
GuruChris

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:49:35 PM

Already posted before, but worth mentioning again, we're on Coindesk! The best and most trusted news site for cryptocurrencies.

Im trying to speculate why the price has been skyrocketing.. figured it was because of cryptocoinsnews..
Stan Higgins | Published on June 27, 2014 at 21:51 BST - http://www.timebie.com/timelocal/britishsummer.php

if i converted correctly (i live in EST time), this was posted about 49 minutes ago

so, price was about 33k 6 hours ago, its now about 41k.. prolly beacuse of cryptocoinsnews ( i ithink)

CoinDesk is bigger, so.. CoinDesk + VRC article = big rise.

But Maybe not? sinse everyone who looks at cryptocoinsnews also watches coindesk, maybe no impact?

alwa1

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

so, price was about 33k 6 hours ago, its now about 41k.. prolly beacuse of cryptocoinsnews ( i ithink)

CoinDesk is bigger, so.. CoinDesk + VRC article = big rise.

But Maybe not? sinse everyone who looks at cryptocoinsnews also watches coindesk, maybe no impact?

I dont read cryptocoinews  Smiley
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:53:42 PM

Hey Jesse, when is your book coming out?

"My Weakhands got me No where"
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:55:52 PM

Can someone clear something up for me. A lot of people are saying that VeriSend and VeriBit are centralized which obviously is a bad thing, others are saying it will be decentralized with the wallet integration. Question is, will it actually be decentralized, or will it rely on a central location for action? Explain it to me please.

VeriSend will become decentralized as more people setup ring nodes to process the VeriSend transactions, anyone can setup a ring node.

How do you set one up. I am assuming one more and more people do that, the node you setup becomes open to the network and starts processing other orders?

I believe instruction are on Vericoin.info and if not then I will see about getting them posted up there

We are not finished open sourcing the software yet (no comments in the code, not particularly easy to setup, etc.). We are working on it and will share the details when it's done.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Shinraven

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:00:56 PM

Pulling it all back in the wallet !  Shocked
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:01:03 PM

The price is slowly rising and i'm still not convinced whether to buy again or not. Even though the devs are working hard, and the proof stays in sms, veribit, veribank and others, at the end of the day the coin still has a centralized anonymity, similar to the rest of the 99% coins that promises it.

Without the decentralized anonymity, nobody can tell for sure if it is or not just a small p&d and the dump happening at the release of the new features. Also, that PR guy from the team sounds like a snake oil salesman. He was promising the moon and the stars in that google hangout. He was mumbling about cnn, about connection he has, big people, big money. He was talking a lot of fantasy. I almost expected him talking about midgets and dragons at the end of the hangout.

Having said that, i respect the 3 devs a lot. Hope they will pull whatever features they have in mind. DRK, XC and Vericoin are at the top of the altcoin foodchain. Will watch closely...

If there's gonna be midgets and dragons then I'm all in!  Shocked

Yeah, I'm completely in favor of midgetanddragoncoin.

sneakgeekz

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:02:19 PM

I watched the Google hangout guateque.

The usual insufferable, geeky, inevitable stuff, of course, presented in a very amateurish way, also inevitably (growing pains) and, other than Joel Bosch's part, all fluff and no substance of any kind. Absolutely nothing that wasn't already well known by anyone that has read the OP here. OK, so almost and hour and a half pretty wasted, but it is a first and some leeway is due. I'm sure the ones that will follow will be much more streamlined and purposeful.

The price of admission though was merited by the brief intervention by Bosh. He brought in some theoretical big guns. Of particular interest the Latino angle. Interesting, indeed. A lot of promises. Bristol, Granda Ent... well, not top of the pops but something... potentially. And who is to argue with FREE, right? Not me, no sir. Joel will pay Bristol out of his own pocket. Not only that, he will bring in to Miami the Devs and, seemingly, celebrities that will be attending his "Vericoin presentation party" from all over the world. With music that will sponsor the coin -not the other way around- to boot. Again, out of his own pocket. CNN, MSN and regular media galore in tow... and all out of his own pocket... just how dip is that pocket? Of course nothing is going to be even remotely similar, in reality, to what Joel envisions, not even close, but still the bill is going to be of quite some significance, even at the minimums. Several tens of thousand dollars, at the very least. All out of his pocket. Deep pocket indeed. One has to wonder how is it possible that such deep pockets may have grown of selling Mac parts and computer repair from an obscure shop in Miami, but let's not go too deep into that, not necessary. What's necessary is to know the big question: Why? What's in it for me?. Joel, all honesty of him, spoke of a personal investment of him in VRC of "One thousand, two thousand, maybe 20 thousand or whatever..." seemingly giving not even a consideration to money, like money is of no significance, it's the idea that moves the man. A family man, as we heard. Except that family men have as their primary obligation, providing for their families. Much as I tried, I couldn't figure that angle myself. All along I felt I was about to hear that it was "going to be huge" and the bald head all of a sudden morphing into Donald Trump's tupee... but no, just "great". Or "cool". And, of course, by Joel and Patrick, that this "was going to be worth much more in time". Not for a single moment, there was any mention of "we are going to be rich", nothing of that short. As a matter of fact, the whole thing was kind of like a series of likeminded Evangelist pastors on TV just asking for donations... while hating it. And promising great future value for it.

At one point, during the akward silences, it seemed inevitable that someone would volunteer something. Douglas seemed the one more on the ball for a while so I was hoping he would volunteer something like "we, the three devs, have come out fully. Everyone knows who we are now, let them know also why we are doing this, really. Or also. We own 10% 20% of all Vericoin there are out there. Like any investors, with the success of Vericoin that we envision, we are going to be rich. So can you, invest in it. Invest in it like Joel and his friends have done. How much have you personally invested, Joel?". But no, that wasn't Dateline, of course. It was just a hangout full of inane BS and the selling of the pen. It was weird, like everyone was asking mentally those questions but none would come forward with it, hoping that looking like moronic nerds would distract the evident question and make the "curiosity" disappear.

OK, clearly, so there's no ambiguity:

Joel Bosch: How many VRC have you bought so far and, after your dump 3 days ago, how much you still have left? I can pose the question to you in perfect Spanish if you have any difficulty in understanding it, ok?

Devs, the three of you, how many coins do you still own after the logical sells of 3 days ago?

These are the ONLY relevant questions. And it takes less than 20 seconds per, to answer, even if adding comments. You DO know that the 4 of you are US citizens and subject to IRS rules, so not only your income and assets are going to be investigated come April but will also be public knowledge, so there's no point in pretending to hide what will be public in a few months, is there?

Joel, I know you are on a mission now that your ex-pals at BC (you know what I know of them, right?) are not so amicable any longer, right? You are going to prove to them that your rolodex is pure gold -not really, you are going to face quite a few disappointments, sorry, but I don't want to rain on your parade just yet-, but besides that I know you don't have 50-80K US hanging around wanting to be blown with nothing but a few pictures on a red carpet to show for it, so again, Cuantos VRC has comprado y cuantos te quedan tras los que vendiste hace tres dias?

Now are these  questions that difficult to answer? You guys are transparent, right?

Watching Joel Bosh did make me suddenly think of the guy with the cigar in the Wankcoin video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RPrgUM_Do

Grin

Also, is it Bosh or Bosch?? His name is Bosh but his music company is Bosch. What does that mean?

I could be wrong but I think
Joel Bosch AKA Taino is a legend in the Puerto Rican Community
some of his early work in the music industry is an Anthem at many Puerto Rican events.

Taino - Yo Soy Boricua Pa' Que Tu Lo Sepas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4q3bj4dtE&feature=kp

tazmania

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:02:47 PM

Anyone selling now is selling at the bottom.

GuruChris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:03:57 PM

I warned the XC board minutes before their bubble popped, so I'll warn you guys...
You're bubble has popped. Big large red volume bars are taking over. The pump is over, dump commenced. No I have no interest in buying your coin for cheap.
JL

Will the fresh article on coindesk have an impact.. it was just published an hour ago
davisgreen

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:04:04 PM

Brilliant concept of verieverything

Just one question- if the vendor accepts bitcoins- i wud just pay in bitcoins (unless ofcourse i mined them and have vericoins)

So can you please explain whats the purpose that i first buy vericoins with my bitcoins (as there are no Fiat/veri market)- then i go to VeriBit to convert those vrc back to bitcoins to pay the vendor !!!

Am i missing something!

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:04:27 PM

Re:  CoinDesk

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/coindesk
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:06:48 PM

We are not finished open sourcing the software yet (no comments in the code, not particularly easy to setup, etc.). We are working on it and will share the details when it's done.

Cool let me know if you need some testing done I can always set up a box or a VM
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:08:25 PM

JL

So you'll be buying higher?
GuruChris

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:11:03 PM

Oh shit, and crptocoinsnews is like 750k

haha
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:12:39 PM

Does the wall get eaten or pulled  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: