Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:39:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
pratico

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:08:12 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:08:28 AM

can this be confirm by the vericoin team? it's seem vericoin getting good exposures lately. i think it's a serious and very good coin to get an article at coindesk and keiserreport.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:10:05 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

It's hard to take new FUD accounts seriously.

portdavenport

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:10:55 AM

VeriBit is one of the most simple, yet practical ideas to come out of Altcoins.

Let us not all forget here the reserve cryptocurrency we are all trading back into, that being "Bitcoin".

...Of course this doesn't mean we shouldn't have other reserve cryptocurrencies as trading options other than Bitcoin; in fact, we already have several alternatives.
However, any Altcoin innovation that brings altcoin usability and utility closer to Bitcoin retail markets has got to be a good thing in the interests of competition and a healthy cryptocurrency industry.

I Veribit is an excellent idea!  

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:12:51 AM

can this be confirm by the vericoin team? it's seem vericoin getting good exposures lately. i think it's a very good coin to get an article at coinbase and keiserreport.

He said that he wants them on his show.
https://twitter.com/KeiserReport/status/482968191983824896

effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:13:30 AM

can this be confirm by the vericoin team? it's seem vericoin getting good exposures lately. i think it's a very good coin to get an article at coindesk and keiserreport.

https://twitter.com/KeiserReport/statuses/482968191983824896
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:13:53 AM

Judging by your post history, I'm wondering why you're not pumping xc in all your FUD.

Also, can you come up with something better than a Zoolander quote?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:14:13 AM

jinx sdmathis
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:17:17 AM

can this be confirm by the vericoin team? it's seem vericoin getting good exposures lately. i think it's a very good coin to get an article at coindesk and keiserreport.

https://twitter.com/KeiserReport/statuses/482968191983824896
good to know. seem like you guys getting a show! please post us more and clip when this happen.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:19:58 AM

In response to VeriBit being some gimmick.  No regular alt-coin in the near future will have BitCoin's market penetration, it is the Achillies heel of alt-coins.  However as far the end user convenience is concerned VeriCoin actually has more market penetration than Bitcoin.  All of Bitcoin's plus a few exclusive for VeriCoin.  That's a significant difference overnight.

Regarding convenience, that is why money and digital currency exist, it's more convenient than gold.
pratico

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:24:51 AM

In response to VeriBit being some gimmick.  No regular alt-coin in the near future will have BitCoin's market penetration, it is the Achillies heel of alt-coins.  However as far the end user convenience is concerned VeriCoin actually has more market penetration than Bitcoin.  All of Bitcoin's plus a few exclusive for VeriCoin.  That's a significant difference overnight.

Regarding convenience, that is why money and digital currency exist, it's more convenient than gold.

Again, how is veribit different than me taking another coin, say DRK, and exchanging it for btc on mintpal to make a purchase? Veribit doesn't revolutionize anything.  And guess what, both methods will take a similar amount of time and effort to make a purchase.  But Veribit has a 1 btc max right?...

Veribit is a gimmick and nothing more.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:25:26 AM

Gotto admit I was skeptical until I saw verisend work a few times.  I'll be buying now as we go up

Verisend is both trusted and centralized (as opposed to trustless and decentralized). In other words, it's a completely worthless anonymity solution. AKA, it's a gimmick, kind of like how veribit is a gimmick, just in a different sort of way.

Thanks for the FUD...

The Devs have already stated that they are working on complete decentrialized system for Verisend and Veribit.

Tell me how its a gimmick, where can I you spend your Dark, XC, Monero, Black, Peer, NXT, NEM? Don't give me 3-5 websites either!

Now where can I spend my Vericoin? Oh right....anywhere Bitcoin is!

Vericoin = Checkmate other shitcoins!

Tell me why I would use VRC to purchase something when I can use bitcoin? All veribit does is allow someone to exchange VRC for btc on their website as opposed to doing so on an exchange. It doesn't get more gimmicky than that.  The price of this coin is ridiculously inflated.  There is nothing truly innovative that VRC offers.

Again your missing the point...what is the point of the other alts? You can't use them for what they are made for...as a means of trade or exchange! Reason being they don't have the market share Bitcoin does.

Vericoin gets around this by being able to use the market share of Bitcoin...huge market share.  

This is just the beginning of this coin...more innovation to come! If these guys can come up something truly new and functional, what else can they come up with!!
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:25:56 AM

wow do you get paid for putting out all that FUD ?
Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:32:27 AM

You are looking at it as someone already familiar with cryptocurrency, and comfortable with the use of exchanges. You have to abandon that narrow field of vision and look at the potential from the outside. Every pretentious tard around here is waiting for 'moon' and 'Wall Street' and 'mass adoption'....but that doesn't happen on it's own. It requires greater market penetration, innovation, exposure, ease of use, the list goes on and on.

To you it may be a gimmick. To me it's one more step in the ongoing movement that is cryptocurrency.

To be honest mate, not to sound harsh....but if you can't see the potential this brings when we live in a world where everyone just wants "faster", "simpler" and "easier", then you are beyond my help.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:32:34 AM

In response to VeriBit being some gimmick.  No regular alt-coin in the near future will have BitCoin's market penetration, it is the Achillies heel of alt-coins.  However as far the end user convenience is concerned VeriCoin actually has more market penetration than Bitcoin.  All of Bitcoin's plus a few exclusive for VeriCoin.  That's a significant difference overnight.

Again, how is veribit different than me taking another coin, say DRK, and exchanging it for btc on mintpal to make a purchase? Veribit doesn't revolutionize anything.  And guess what, both methods will take a similar amount of time and effort to make a purchase.  But Veribit has a 1 btc max right?...

Fungibility
pratico

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:33:28 AM

In fact, veribit is harmful.  The more people use veribit, the more VRC will be dumped into the markets (as it is being exchanged for btc to make the purchase), only dragging down the price. Looks like vericoin has invented the ultimate dumping machine as it becomes increasingly more "popular."  
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:35:03 AM

However, any Altcoin innovation that brings altcoin usability and utility closer to Bitcoin retail markets has got to be a good thing in the interests of competition and a healthy cryptocurrency industry.

However as far the end user convenience is concerned VeriCoin actually has more market penetration than Bitcoin.  All of Bitcoin's plus a few exclusive for VeriCoin. 

Very True

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...
You should probably lay off the crazy pills for a while. Wink

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:35:37 AM

In fact, veribit is harmful.  The more people use veribit, the more VRC will be dumped into the markets (as it is being exchanged for btc to make the purchase), only dragging down the price. Looks like vericoin has invented the ultimate dumping machine as it becomes increasingly more "popular."  

mate where do the vrc come that they need to use veribit?  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:35:53 AM

Because the easier it is to use the faster it will be adapted, trying to get an old person or non trech savy person to sign up for an exchange let alone use it is very difficult. Not sure why I am replying to you, you are just a big bag-holder and here to FUD.  Every time I see you post its the same skeptic criticism. If you do not like this coin then leave no one wants you here. Maybe you should look into server storage for that big bag of BC your holding.
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:37:26 AM

Gotto admit I was skeptical until I saw verisend work a few times.  I'll be buying now as we go up

Verisend is both trusted and centralized (as opposed to trustless and decentralized). In other words, it's a completely worthless anonymity solution. AKA, it's a gimmick, kind of like how veribit is a gimmick, just in a different sort of way.

Thanks for the FUD...

The Devs have already stated that they are working on complete decentrialized system for Verisend and Veribit.

Tell me how its a gimmick, where can I you spend your Dark, XC, Monero, Black, Peer, NXT, NEM? Don't give me 3-5 websites either!

Now where can I spend my Vericoin? Oh right....anywhere Bitcoin is!

Vericoin = Checkmate other shitcoins!

Tell me why I would use VRC to purchase something when I can use bitcoin? All veribit does is allow someone to exchange VRC for btc on their website as opposed to doing so on an exchange. It doesn't get more gimmicky than that.  The price of this coin is ridiculously inflated.  There is nothing truly innovative that VRC offers.

Again your missing the point...what is the point of the other alts? You can't use them for what they are made for...as a means of trade or exchange! Reason being they don't have the market share Bitcoin does.

Vericoin gets around this by being able to use the market share of Bitcoin...huge market share.  

This is just the beginning of this coin...more innovation to come! If these guys can come up something truly new and functional, what else can they come up with!!

Exactly. Crypto is supposed to be an alternative currency. It's supposed to be money. Most coins fail in this area however.

Bitcoin is money. Litecoin, Doge, Blackcoin, and VeriCoin are all real money because they can be spent for goods and services. Most other coins fail as currency. If it can't be spent, it's not real money.

Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: