Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93944 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 11:49:24 AM

Clipse, I'm very disappointed in you. You're letting the original old guard hoppers down. Back in my day, the Clipse I knew would HOP ALL THE POOLS! Or was that starlightbreaker? Oh, I forget and my memory isn't what it used to be. And my back hurts. It takes such a long time to pee. What was I saying? Oh yes.

I'm disappointed. Still, there's time. I suggest you get hopping.

If you're worried about your miners leaving, reduce the PPS and give 'em some profit share. People love a gamble.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 12:26:43 PM

Clipse, I'm very disappointed in you. You're letting the original old guard hoppers down. Back in my day, the Clipse I knew would HOP ALL THE POOLS! Or was that starlightbreaker? Oh, I forget and my memory isn't what it used to be. And my back hurts. It takes such a long time to pee. What was I saying? Oh yes.

I'm disappointed. Still, there's time. I suggest you get hopping.

If you're worried about your miners leaving, reduce the PPS and give 'em some profit share. People love a gamble.

I hope you are kidding ? But if not, I have no intention to start hopping now since I spend alot of time with 2 other developers to work on our own custom private(yes I am evil, its not opensource) poolserver backend that we will be using on our pool and it needs further testing for as long as possible with the mining resources of miners on it atm.

My own mining farm however is still hopping as its allways been, never denied that nor plan to stop hopping as I have been since more than a year now.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
QuantumFoam

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 09:21:02 PM

What is important to me and to the miners(perhaps this was wrongfully assumed?) is that I deliver a service and make sure miners get paid what they are due, call me silly but since when did hosting a pool become such a crime with evil intent around each corner unless you actually charge 3-10% in pool fees, then no one seems to raise their pitchforks.

This reminds me of the old software selling mantra: "Give something away for free and people will question its integrity, charge an arm and a leg and people will pay it happily"
I agree those aspects are very important for both miner and pool operator. Also, so everyone knows, you have paid us just as promised, I did not intend to imply otherwise. The beef I had was with what looked to be inconsistencies pointed out between the original stated purpose of the pool and what it appeared it was being used for instead. To be fair, I was probably too quick to judge in this case and should have waited for absolute definitive proof.

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform on the Blockchain
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 09:31:17 PM

My own mining farm however is still hopping as its allways been, never denied that nor plan to stop hopping as I have been since more than a year now.

So what rate would you get by doing this ? 140% PPS ? Depends on hashrate ?

Thanks !
P4man

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 10:55:41 PM

To be fair, I was probably too quick to judge in this case

Were you really?

Here we have a known hopper suddenly buying hashrate at well above market rates.
No credible explanation is given, only a demonstrable (and now half retracted) lie.
"pool" started around the same time as a new major hopper registers on bitclockers, that hops their pool at roughly the same hashrate as clipse's "pool".
Posting actively on github/bithopper about problems with too many connections, bithopper crashing at the exact same time as members of this "pool" report downtime and connection problems.
Posting on github that the server running bithopper is in a datacenter (IIRC in the UK). Would that make any sense if he only used it for his own farm in SA?
Reports of high stales that cant be fixed, much higher than youd expect on a proper pool, but most likely to be expected for redirecting hashes via bithopper
Delayed PPS payouts (enough time for hopping to pay off)

If it smells like a dog...

Most importantly; if you know how to hop, you have the infrastructure and software to hop, you have no moral objections to hopping (which btw, is fine by me), you get some 50 or whatever GH that cost you 115% PPS, why on earth would you decide to mine your own blocks at 100% with that, making a significant net loss, when you can achieve a reasonable profit using the hopping infrastructure already in place? This was a business venture, not a charity.

Anyway, this is getting pretty silly. Mostly because hardly anyone would care if Clipse had just said he uses it for hopping, and that includes yours truly. Anyone renting out their rigs for 115% most likely has no scruples about hopping.  Anyone wanting to hop but not knowing how should be happy. The only ones that have some reason to be unhappy are the proportional miners, but apparently even they dont seem to mind or they would have switched pools or their payout system long ago.

So why clipse keeps digging this hole for his credibility is beyond me.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 11:18:59 PM

To be fair, I was probably too quick to judge in this case

Were you really?

Here we have a known hopper suddenly buying hashrate at well above market rates.
No credible explanation is given, only a demonstrable (and now half retracted) lie.
"pool" started around the same time as a new major hopper registers on bitclockers, that hops their pool at roughly the same hashrate as clipse's "pool".
Posting actively on github/bithopper about problems with too many connections, bithopper crashing at the exact same time as members of this "pool" report downtime and connection problems.
Posting on github that the server running bithopper is in a datacenter (IIRC in the UK). Would that make any sense if he only used it for his own farm in SA?
Reports of high stales that cant be fixed, much higher than youd expect on a proper pool, but most likely to be expected for redirecting hashes via bithopper
Delayed PPS payouts (enough time for hopping to pay off)

If it smells like a dog...

Most importantly; if you know how to hop, you have the infrastructure and software to hop, you have no moral objections to hopping (which btw, is fine by me), you get some 50 or whatever GH that cost you 115% PPS, why on earth would you decide to mine your own blocks at 100% with that, making a significant net loss, when you can achieve a reasonable profit using the hopping infrastructure already in place? This was a business venture, not a charity.

Anyway, this is getting pretty silly. Mostly because hardly anyone would care if Clipse had just said he uses it for hopping, and that includes yours truly. Anyone renting out their rigs for 115% most likely has no scruples about hopping.  Anyone wanting to hop but not knowing how should be happy. The only ones that have some reason to be unhappy are the proportional miners, but apparently even they dont seem to mind or they would have switched pools or their payout system long ago.

So why clipse keeps digging this hole for his credibility is beyond me.

Let me get quick to the point, I mine my own blocks cause I am actually running a pool that I want to move forward for public release as soon as possible. Its hard to test your own pool and what its capable of handling users of increased hashrates if I hop.

I know this is not what you want to believe, but thats fine. People tend to believe in the flying spaghetti monster aswell so this is far from dillusions of grandeur to me.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
P4man

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 11:33:31 PM

I thought you had 50GH yourself, you could use that for testing, it would cost you nothing. If needed, rent more for short times at gpumax.  Why would you instead rent at 115% 24/7 for weeks on end when you havent even got a decent front end running, when you already know you are having stability and high stales issues that you cant fix for now? Any sane person would attempt to fix it first, and then test again for a short time. Not keep throwing money out of the window to test something you already know is no good - and incomplete.

Moreover, you never mentioned kickstarting a new pool in your OP. You blabbered something about avoiding exchanges and not getting red flagged by your bank, selling coins locally etc. Remember?
So when did you change your mind?

As for the flying spaghetti monster; perhaps an apt analogy, except you running a pool now rather than hopping is about as credible as the flying spaghetti monster.

Anyway, the point has been made. Its clear you are not going to just say the truth so,
whatever.

cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 11:36:40 PM

heheh you really got me thinking who are these people who are not hoppers who are too stupid to not mine at a prop pool? you know the people who pay for the hoppers profits? are they zombie botnets that dont care? other hoppers who arent doing it right? some high school kid who just heard about bitcoin and now his grandpa is suddenly wondering why his laptop is very slow and running very hot?

KoKos

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 12:55:25 AM

Any1 else having stability issues?
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:01:07 AM

Yes, always fall back to backup pool after mining for a while. By the way, what's the progress of the second payout? Anyone received it?
xloki

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 05:13:18 AM

If he found a way to make more money and is sharing the profit with the miners, then I thank him. Miners scratch his back, he scratches ours. I don't see any laws being broken. the people bitching are people that don't have ghashes and are jealous lol.

Thanks for the 115% and your hard work

Keep up the 115% as long as possible  Cheesy
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 05:51:04 AM

As for the flying spaghetti monster; perhaps an apt analogy, except you running a pool now rather than hopping is about as credible as the flying spaghetti monster.

How dare you  doubt its existence?

PROOF:

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
QuantumFoam

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 06:52:47 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2012, 07:13:05 AM by QuantumFoam

Yes, always fall back to backup pool after mining for a while. By the way, what's the progress of the second payout? Anyone received it?
Have not received any payout as of yet. Not sure what's going on, as he said he was processing them about 6 or 7 hours ago.

EDIT: He just sent an email out saying he was processing them now.

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform on the Blockchain
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 07:26:17 AM

Sorry guys

After the fiasco last night I had to deal with some family issues urgently(hospital etc.) and only got back late in the morning and simply collapsed.

Payments will be going through now, I will improve on the payments process as time goes by so that it wont be delayed again.

cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 12:10:19 PM

thanks for the update Clipse

I hope everything is well with you and yours... Smiley
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 12:46:52 PM

Finally got all payments done, please read latest email.

Its been a hectic day yesterday, all in the following steps:

- Wake up to huge server issues, resolve it and hours of good hashing.
- Get hit with DDOS attack (amazing cause we not even that huge pool yet, prob someone having fun)
- I sort the DDOS out (basicly wait it out to a degree) and get stuff back online.
- I am about to process payments and dad gets heart attack so we all go to hospital
- Get back at 7am and crash on the bed
- Wake up and Server is having issues
- Spend hours and figure out the problem is related to virtual network driver.
- Finally end up finishing the payments that was suppose to get through yesterday.

All and all, things are looking damn good now.

cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 01:18:43 PM

Clipse

I have not received my payment.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 01:21:40 PM

Clipse

I have not received my payment.

Ive send it to the same wallet you gave me for previous payout(in fact its saved): https://blockchain.info/address/12ZjFXVP8QSANrEd8LMNEGQDEsRjy1dcNw

Its showing up there aswell.

cablepair

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 01:28:16 PM

yeah your right it has not shown up yet hmmm ok thanks
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 01:31:06 PM

yeah your right it has not shown up yet hmmm ok thanks

Ive send it via blockchain, not sure how they send it but there is mandatory 0.01 fee so I would have expected for it go through fast.

I need to streamline this payment process up to automatic withdrawals, but as you know we had alot of issues to sort out in the last week which left no time for anything else.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: