Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180240 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:21:03 PM

More advice not to take over the coin by someone who is in the process of selling off the last of his coins. Obviously you are not going to get impartial advice from anyone in this thread so I guess it's down to you to make the decision yourself.

Sorry who are you and what have you done for MAST ?
I don't remember seeing you in the last 2 months...

What has that got to do with anything? The fact that you did a lot for the coin (which was great by the way, not trying to take that away from you) means you are *more* likely to want the coin to just die now that you no longer have a stake. I can understand it, it would be hard to take if I put a lot into something and it went down and down, only to finally take off just after I gave up.

Anyway, I concede that if the recycler was completely faked and not just a work in progress then the coin has very little chance. I'll be waiting to see if Chris hears anything back from them Smiley
vir6

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:23:45 PM

I wouldn't want to take over something that was completely faked...Obviously that would be completely idiotic, but if I could talk to the developers to see if they were close to making it work but just had to fake it to buy themselves time, that is a completely different story.  I just want to get in touch with them because it is very possible that it was something that had errors in the code, and they had to fake it to buy time.  I don't know.  I haven't talked to them personally, so hearing third party information is never good enough for me Smiley

I just hate to see coins that had potential and legitimate communities just die out like this...but if there was NEVER a recycler, and it was entirely fake, then we still can't take third hand information over the developers' words if they are willing to admit it.  Or if Vir6 can show screenshots.  Upon review of shoppery, I'd accept screenshots as proof that Mast is completely faked.

Smiley

Chris

Here is what i did for mast since the begining :

- Found the new name
- Made the logo
- Made the website
- Found partnership with exchanges (devs never answered them...)
- Founf investors who put a total of 20 btc in mast
- Invested 5 btc myselft
- Did most of the marketing

Tell me what screenshot do you need i will post everything here

I can even show you over teamviewer

i'm just trying to help you guys don't make a mistake, like i said it's better to make a whole new coin with maybe the coin recycler idea in it than working with mastcoin....

i lost money okay but that's how it works sometimes you loose sometime you win
vir6

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:28:59 PM

Yeah, if that is the case, then taking over would not be a big deal at all Smiley

I have an MS in telecommunications and am not the smartest person on the team Smiley

https://iub.academia.edu/ChrisBates

Chris

Nice CV i just read it !

i have an MS in Digital Marketing and tried everything i could with MAST so take care i hope you will be successful. but i'm sure with this level of studies you understand it's better to start from Zero to get a strong foundation.
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:34:33 PM

vir6 stop acting like you are trying to help a stranger on the internet out of the goodness of your heart when really youre just trying to vindicate your decision to sell your coins

edit: just look at voot, that coin is flying now and it was once in a worse place than mast is right now

tabali tigi

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:37:37 PM

Yeah, if that is the case, then taking over would not be a big deal at all Smiley

I have an MS in telecommunications and am not the smartest person on the team Smiley

https://iub.academia.edu/ChrisBates

Chris

Nice CV i just read it !

i have an MS in Digital Marketing and tried everything i could with MAST so take care i hope you will be successful. but i'm sure with this level of studies you understand it's better to start from Zero to get a strong foundation.

Thank you sir!  Truly appreciate the kind words!  I definitely agree that in most situations it would be ideal to start from ground zero, but we have VERY big plans, and that is why we were planning on contacting the Mastcoin devs anyway.  The timing is just unfortunate, but really it COULD be serendipitous if things work out as i hope Smiley  I guess now is as good a time as any to show one of the biggest features for our network we are working on:

Proof of Action: (POA) for Coin Proz forum.  Uses individualized difficulty increase based on upper/lower limits.  POA pays users for article submission, moderating forums, participating on forums.  POA adjusts to pay out higher rates for higher quality content based on user ratings.  Algorithm has internal limits to logarithmically reduce payout if user continues to go past upper limit to discourage system abuse.  Payouts once per week to user/wallet address.  POA will be implemented into CoinProz Forum Wallet after completion.    

In essence, we are incentivizing quality forum posting, and quality submission of intellectual property that gets assessed weekly and gives weekly payouts according to "upvotes" x "views" to abbreviate the algo.

Anyways, I am posting the TEST SITE just to show this is not a joke whatsoever, but please understand it is not finished Smiley

http://www.coinproz.com/testsite/default.html

bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:42:56 PM

I wouldn't want to take over something that was completely faked...Obviously that would be completely idiotic, but if I could talk to the developers to see if they were close to making it work but just had to fake it to buy themselves time, that is a completely different story.  I just want to get in touch with them because it is very possible that it was something that had errors in the code, and they had to fake it to buy time.  I don't know.  I haven't talked to them personally, so hearing third party information is never good enough for me Smiley

I just hate to see coins that had potential and legitimate communities just die out like this...but if there was NEVER a recycler, and it was entirely fake, then we still can't take third hand information over the developers' words if they are willing to admit it.  Or if Vir6 can show screenshots.  Upon review of shoppery, I'd accept screenshots as proof that Mast is completely faked.

Smiley

Chris

- Found the new name
- Made the logo
- Made the website
- Invested 5 btc myselft

i'm just trying to help you guys don't make a mistake, like i said it's better to make a whole new coin with maybe the coin recycler idea in it than working with mastcoin....

the key to making this work is rebranding the coin recycler, call it  mast coin xchange with a marketplace or something.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:44:08 PM

vir6 you still wanna sell your coins, id advise to hold,
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:55:26 PM

Smiley

Chris

- Found the new name
- Made the logo
- Made the website
- Invested 5 btc myselft

the key to making this work is rebranding the coin recycler, call it  mast coin xchange with a marketplace or something.

PLEASE make any suggestions you think will help!

I want to make sure coins that have legitimate promise beyond just speculation aren't killed by the early adoption phase.  For example Curecoin is lucky to have assocation with Stanford University, so I am VERY happy about finding that out, because it looks like the market isn't interested in Curecoin.

Yet I digress, what Mastcoin has done is AMAZING, and I find it unfortunate that "the market" did not recognize this, but as someone who is interested in building infrastructures, the Mastcoin Xchanger is a great opportunity to actually take a software advancement and integrate it into a larger trade infrastructure (already like the name btw Smiley ).  Anyways, I wanted to personally reach out to the community here to see what is going on, and it looks pretty promising if you ask me Smiley  I would hope that the community wouldn't get this far and jump ship.  The cryptoseas are rough, especially the early adoption phase.  If the community is around, I "personally" would hope they stick around to try and make this work.

Chris

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

Welcome Chris. As far as I know I hold the largest amount of mastcoin, and at this point I welcome a new Dev team and takeover of the coin. Of course I think its in all our best interest if the old Dev and the coin proz team worked together, but that may be wishful thinking. Perhaps the old Dev will come back if he sees he will finally get some help.

Either way I'm glad to see your team getting involved with this coin.
seattletu

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

BTW, I remember the Dev saying the recycler was open source. Not sure on where to find that source though.
TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:08:19 PM

This coin is NOT fake, and the coin recycler works, but the devs awhile back in irc said that the coin is open source, but the coin recycler part was not. So the old devs will have to give the code to the new ones.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
seattletu

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:17:55 PM

This coin is NOT fake, and the coin recycler works, but the devs awhile back in irc said that the coin is open source, but the coin recycler part was not. So the old devs will have to give the code to the new ones.

i'm pretty sure he said here a few weeks back that he didn't mind if anyone looked at the code because it's open source and just API's interacting with different exchanges.

I think it's the wallet that was closed source. But that never got released anyways.

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

i'm pretty sure he said here a few weeks back that he didn't mind if anyone looked at the code because it's open source and just API's interacting with different exchanges.

I think it's the wallet that was closed source. But that never got released anyways.

the actual wallet are not supposed to work with the console ?
soulhudson

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:37:41 AM

Hi all,

The wallet is opensource - and I believe github holds latest release. This code includes the wallet non GUI 'console-based' client integration to coin-recycler (via webservice/json API). The coin-recycler website is not opensource (and is where most of the complexity would lie as it interacts with the exchange(s)....) as such we don't have access to this, only MAST devs do.
VegasMiner

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

Yeah I tried to contact the devs a while ago to completely buy out the entire code as well as some other dead coins. I have some good ideas but the dev teams must not care at all. The crypto world is just sad at this point but I know some of us still have good intentions...
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:35:59 AM

Hi all,

The wallet is opensource - and I believe github holds latest release. This code includes the wallet non GUI 'console-based' client integration to coin-recycler (via webservice/json API). The coin-recycler website is not opensource (and is where most of the complexity would lie as it interacts with the exchange(s)....) as such we don't have access to this, only MAST devs do.

My question is how hard would it be to push a sell and then push a buy and withdraw?  Seems pretty simple IMO

Edit:  I have a lot of ideas I'm willing to toss to you guys if you can prove yourselves as developers...  No closed source this time, once I've seen competence, I'll unleash all of my ideas to you, most are simple but for some reason or another it hasn't been implemented and are pretty good foundations for any currency

vir6

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:00:31 AM

Yeah I tried to contact the devs a while ago to completely buy out the entire code as well as some other dead coins. I have some good ideas but the dev teams must not care at all. The crypto world is just sad at this point but I know some of us still have good intentions...

this !

devs left like the biggest coward, they don't even had the balls to post here and they don't give a shit.
AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:41:22 AM

If we can resurrect this coin, that would be awesome! We all believed in the coin recycler and that is how we all got turned in to bag holders or looser.
Both DogeGotMeintoCryptos and Vegasminer have great skill and drive and would be worth while assets.
VIR6 did a lot for this coin, but as soon as things didn't go his way the fudding started. I don't blame him for the Devs leaving but he sure didn't help with the attitude.

There are a few other people that are still in the IRC that I hope make it back to this thread, but I might recommend to check out the IRC channel. Freenode IRC channel #mastcoin
soulhudson

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:43:19 AM

Hi all,

My question is how hard would it be to push a sell and then push a buy and withdraw?  Seems pretty simple IMO

Edit:  I have a lot of ideas I'm willing to toss to you guys if you can prove yourselves as developers...  No closed source this time, once I've seen competence, I'll unleash all of my ideas to you, most are simple but for some reason or another it hasn't been implemented and are pretty good foundations for any currency

Whilst not a big fan of 'closed source' development - I can understand why the Devs took this approach. Building this functionality directly into the wallet allows every other coin to just copy and clone - you pretty much immediately lose the 'investment' Interesting to note I'm not aware of any other coins that have the OtherCoin-> Coin 'recycler' feature at the moment (Happy to be proven wrong) aware of the anon / coinjoin style mechanisms for washing coins - SameCoin -> SameCoin - however not what MAST does - so we had a good head start on a number of coins - just a pity this wasn't capatilised on, however the comment from someone earlier in the thread about Coin Recycler being mostly manual 'under the covers' starts to make a little more sense...

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:04:02 PM

Hi all,

Whilst not a big fan of 'closed source' development - I can understand why the Devs took this approach. Building this functionality directly into the wallet allows every other coin to just copy and clone - you pretty much immediately lose the 'investment' Interesting to note I'm not aware of any other coins that have the OtherCoin-> Coin 'recycler' feature at the moment (Happy to be proven wrong) aware of the anon / coinjoin style mechanisms for washing coins - SameCoin -> SameCoin - however not what MAST does - so we had a good head start on a number of coins - just a pity this wasn't capatilised on, however the comment from someone earlier in the thread about Coin Recycler being mostly manual 'under the covers' starts to make a little more sense...

I agree with your sentiment exactly.  My thing is, I think since there is no "company" that has a "board" to answer to, when the community gets antsy and impatient, bugs can cause developers to abandon projects rather than answer to an angry community.

While this is not the best response, it seems there is little room for error from the expectations of the community when the devs essentially get no beta-testing phase and have to many times release untested software.  The reactionary nature of this free market is probably very scary and intimidating to developers, so I can truly understand why they just cut and run sometimes. 

Now, this project has promise in my opinion.  It also seems to have a large community full of reasonable and knowledgeable people.  I understand the anticipation factor that comes with being involved in cryptos, but I think if the Mast Developers understood that the community IS legitimately behind them, it might make them come back or hand over the project more willingly.  They seemed to be pretty transparent about most things up until this last week, so I am hoping they help resolve this situation. 

Chris

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: