Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 04:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:26:29 PM

hey, great idea Smiley
Did you read my discussion thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615344.0

Qora could have been a great coin but the original IPO investors all have 'NXT 73 fever', and so they think it's smart, and possible, to hold out for ridiculous prices like 100 satoshi!! It's madness! At those prices only desperate guys buy, smart players will wait for the first crash, and then buy, but I think people have learnt from NXT, and lightning wont strike twice. Qora MK 1 is doomed, but hey ... we've got Kora now [Qora MK 2]

I'll definitely help!

Hi, yes I did read your thread, and I agree with a lot of what you say. I'm probably less concerned with the Qora price though, and my concern is more about the number of stakeholders running nodes and securing the network. I agree Qora is vulnerable unless its distribution accelerates rapidly over the next days and weeks. I did get the idea to issue the Kora stakes on the NXT AE from your thread, so thanks for that Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:40:20 PM

Qora had a working Beta during the IPO period. Anyone could ascertain for themselves that there was an actual product. NXT was vapourware. Qora had an escrowed IPO option even.

Qora's IPO was extended to allow for better distribution. NXT IPO was cut short unannounced.

Don't compare the two.

You can't just be too daft to miss an opportunity when there is one and yell "UNFAIR" afterwards.

Anyways, good luck with the venture Smiley
I'm a big supporter of the NEM style of distribution. But that doesn't mean that I consider IPO distribution to be de facto unfair.

NXT had a working beta too, so in that regard both were actually quite similar. I know many even think BCNext is the Qora dev, but I'm not sure about that, but they both do share one obvious similarity - they were both more concerned with the code than with building a community. Both IPO's were fair, and open and transparent - but the success of the IPO should be measured in terms of the number of individuals it attracted (and also the money raised, but i think that was secondary to both BCnext & Qora dev).

It's clear both NXT & Qora IPO's were dismal failures, and for a POS coin the initial distribution IS CRITICAL.

The fairness does not bother me - it's the effectiveness - 73 & 137 respectively are too low by a factor x20.

I like Qora a lot, but the distribution was a failure.

You missed the IPO it was open and free for all. Very few people wanted to take the risk, I assume you were dancing around another shitcoin clone IPO at the time. Now you want in without any of the risk investors took....go away...

The IPO was free and fair but ultimately not very successful in terms of distribution. A genesis stakeholder number of 137 is dangerously small in a competitive market. Who is in and who isn't in Qora is not really relevant. Just the overall end result - 137

You can assume all you want here! But I can't go away, I'm in my own thread, and it's you who came to my thread and posted (a number of times, so it's you who is dancing my friend).

I only deleted one post of yours that was abusive. You are free to stay and raise any concerns you have or suggest anything to the readers, but nasty abuse will not be tolerated.

You're a Qora holder and a bit scared for your investment. Don't be! Bitcoin survives with clones, so does litecoin, so does NXT ... Qora can survive too, so there's no need to get upset, and I hope you and all the Qora 137 apply for a Kora stake too.

jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:53:15 PM

Qora had a working Beta during the IPO period. Anyone could ascertain for themselves that there was an actual product. NXT was vapourware. Qora had an escrowed IPO option even.

Qora's IPO was extended to allow for better distribution. NXT IPO was cut short unannounced.

Don't compare the two.

You can't just be too daft to miss an opportunity when there is one and yell "UNFAIR" afterwards.

Anyways, good luck with the venture Smiley
I'm a big supporter of the NEM style of distribution. But that doesn't mean that I consider IPO distribution to be de facto unfair.

NXT had a working beta too, so in that regard both were actually quite similar. I know many even think BCNext is the Qora dev, but I'm not sure about that, but they both do share one obvious similarity - they were both more concerned with the code than with building a community. Both IPO's were fair, and open and transparent - but the success of the IPO should be measured in terms of the number of individuals it attracted (and also the money raised, but i think that was secondary to both BCnext & Qora dev).

It's clear both NXT & Qora IPO's were dismal failures, and for a POS coin the initial distribution IS CRITICAL.

The fairness does not bother me - it's the effectiveness - 73 & 137 respectively are too low by a factor x20.

I like Qora a lot, but the distribution was a failure.

You missed the IPO it was open and free for all. Very few people wanted to take the risk, I assume you were dancing around another shitcoin clone IPO at the time. Now you want in without any of the risk investors took....go away...

The IPO was free and fair but ultimately not very successful in terms of distribution. A genesis stakeholder number of 137 is dangerously small in a competitive market. Who is in and who isn't in Qora is not really relevant. Just the overall end result - 137

You can assume all you want here! But I can't go away, I'm in my own thread, and it's you who came to my thread and posted (a number of times, so it's you who is dancing my friend).

I only deleted one post of yours that was abusive. You are free to stay and raise any concerns you have or suggest anything to the readers, but nasty abuse will not be tolerated.

You're a Qora holder and a bit scared for your investment. Don't be! Bitcoin survives with clones, so does litecoin, so does NXT ... Qora can survive too, so there's no need to get upset, and I hope you and all the Qora 137 apply for a Kora stake too.

The release of source code is dependant on the overall decision of the holders of qora. It will most likely be at least 1 year before it is released especially considering that even before the source code is released there is someone trying to attempt a clone of the coin they are invested in.

I would advise trying to learn how to clone the coin yourself , because you have plenty of time to learn before the release of the code allowing you to clone it. Also would make your attempt look more professional instead of it looking like 1 guy who knows absolutely nothing about coding or crypto currency who has a huge problem with a recently released coin.....that in all respects had a better distribution spread than NXT. Trying to gather a rag tag bunch of coders to bring his hate fuelled dream alive.

susu

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:55:07 PM

Very good idea. Learn the advantages of the other coin to make up for their shortcomings. Very well.

networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:21:15 PM

Listening to you.

Let me believe you can come up with better free stake distribution ideas.

I wish to have a walk through with krypt, share, smurfs etc.,

You may also discuss with those devs about their experience to filter out cheaters.

Good luck.
wukelan

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:30:14 PM

interesting

Do you have experience for dev. new coin?
Are you programer?

When is start date for this coin?

No, I'm not a dev, or a programmer, and I have no start date either. I do think this idea speaks for itself, and I'm confident/hopeful some talented people will step up and want to help (and they'll receive a Kora bounty for their efforts).

This is a pre-announcement -a call to action for people interested in helping!!

interested.

But,how to  prevent DEV take away all coins?

@Kooness, you might be right that 10 billion coins is too much! How many coins do you think then? I can see both sides, some people like to have a big number, some people like the idea that the coin supply is small and exclusive - it's psychological really (if you've got 8 decimal places the number of individual 'pieces' is huge), but psychology is really important (we're not robots after all, so getting the right 'emotion' is important)

@wukelan, all the coins would be represented on the NXT AE as 'kora assets', and I'd probably be the one who'll issue the Kora assets on the NXT AE, so I'd probably have the dev give me access to the genesis account to send out. I'm open to ideas, maybe we have a group of people do it. Give me your ideas people!
Do you think the dev is agree? Too more question...

GET 100K FREE NBC.7356330717717484990
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

Shocked i like this coin,wait for it~ Cool
blueop

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:19:42 PM

Sounds interesting.
Kora (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

The release of source code is dependant on the overall decision of the holders of qora. It will most likely be at least 1 year before it is released especially considering that even before the source code is released there is someone trying to attempt a clone of the coin they are invested in.

I would advise trying to learn how to clone the coin yourself , because you have plenty of time to learn before the release of the code allowing you to clone it. Also would make your attempt look more professional instead of it looking like 1 guy who knows absolutely nothing about coding or crypto currency who has a huge problem with a recently released coin.....that in all respects had a better distribution spread than NXT. Trying to gather a rag tag bunch of coders to bring his hate fuelled dream alive.

Kora will be traded on the NXT AE within 48 hours of the final stakeholder list being completed. It will not be a problem if the Qora source is released much later, but I doubt it would be 12 months. I'm one guy today, but there's obviously some interest in my idea, and i'm not asking for any money, so it's not a scam. The Qora holders might not like Kora, but I think the Qora dev is interested to see his code being used by millions of users, so I'm hopeful he is open to being convinced that Kora is worthy of his support!

I don't know what definition of professional you are using, or whether it's relevant, so I'll leave that for others to judge. My idea is good, and if a more 'professional' group take it up I'll support them. I wont be the only one cloning Qora, and now that we have the NXT AE it's possible to create & trade coin 'tokens' BEFORE the source code is released.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:11:54 AM

qora is great , kora (maybe need to change name lol) will be . i hope kora just not only clone but with new feature .

Everything is open to change (even the name, I like Kora, but we can vote)

I'm not a dev, and we all know NEM started as a NXT clone, and quickly developed into something different - if we attract a good willing dev, then I'll suggest the community follow their recommendation, and if they want to fork and add new features - excellent Smiley

shadowphoenix

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:35:34 AM

qora seem like a good coin. I will be following this one as well.  Smiley
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:39:48 AM

I'll join in. How do I join?
Kora (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:31:13 AM

I've created a bounty for the Kora registration system. It's better for me to set the initial 'direction' for Kora, and then find experts to carry out the tasks!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621681.0

I am offering a bounty for the creation and operation of a webapp registration system for a new POS coin, Kora, which is a clone of Qora.

Kora coins will be free, and the registration process is THE most critical task for Kora!

The bounty for this task will be 5% of the total supply of Kora coins (the exact coin supply figure has yet to be finalised), and 2 bitcoins for expenses & a guaranteed return (maybe Kora will fail and the 5% of Kora coins would be worthless).

The bitcoins will be paid upon completion of the registration process, and the subsequent delivery of the registration list in an agreed format. The 5% of Kora coins will be paid in the form of 'Kora tokens' on the NXT AE.

I am leaving the design details for the webapp system itself up to the successful applicant.

The registration goal is simple: ONE Stake for One Human, with the widest possible distribution to at least 3,000 unique humans.

The registration system must therefore employ multiple account countermeasures to prevent abuse, and the minimum number of registrations must be ~3,000 unique people. Get creative, but please don't use country specific solutions - Kora is global, so if your solution makes it impossible for some people to apply, then I can't accept that solution

Each unique stakeholder name on the registration list must be matched with a valid NXT address (to allow for the distribution of the 'Kora tokens' on the NXT AE) so the registration webapp needs to get a *valid* NXT address from each stakeholder applicant during their registration process.

If you are interested please send me a PM with an outline of your solution, and a brief summary of your skills & experience. Please make sure your PM covers how you intend to prevent multiple accounts. You are being paid to 'guarantee' the integrity of the stakeholder registration list, so without an explanation of how you will tackle the problem of multiple accounts I can't take you on. I understand it may be impossible to prevent multiple accounts with 100% certainty, but I want the registration system for Kora to set the new high water mark for other coins to follow.

I will put the 2 bitcoins into escrow for payment after the completed stakeholder registration list of ~3,000 names has been sent to me.

xx63245613

Activity: 443

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:32:16 AM

when can i download the wallet

▄▄
          ▄▄████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀████▄▄
    ▄▄████▀      ▀████▄▄
 ▄▄████▀            ▀███▀
████▀                  ▀  ▄▄
███                      ▄██
███                      ███
███   ███▄        ▄███   ███
███   █████▄    ▄█████   ███
███   ███▀███▄▄███▀███   ███
███   ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███
███   ███    ▀▀    ███   ███
███▄  ███          ███  ▄███
 ▀███▄███          ███▄███▀
   ▀█████          █████▀
     ▀███          ███▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀▀███
███████████▀▀▀      ███
█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
██▄         ▄█▀    ████
█████▄    ▄█▀      ████
████████▄█▀       █████
██████████  ▄     █████
██████████ ███▄  ██████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀██████
████ ▀███████     ▀▄███
████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
█████              ████
██████             ████
███████▄          █████
███████▀        ▄██████
███▀▀        ▄▄████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀███████
██████████▀     ███████
██████████   ██████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
████████       ████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀         ▀▀█████
███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███
██   ████▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀   ██
██  ███▀       ▀  █  ██
██  ██▀  █████  ▀██  ██
██  ██  ███████  ██  ██
██  ██▄  █████  ▄██  ██
██  ███▄       ▄███  ██
██   ████▄▄▄▄▄████   ██
███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███
█████▄▄         ▄▄█████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
██████████████▀████████
████████████▀ ▄ ▀  ▀███
███████████ ▄███▄  ▄███
███████████ ███████████
██▀  ▀█▀▀     ▀▀█▀  ▀██
██     ▄▄     ▄▄     ██
███▄  ████   ████  ▄███
████   ▀▀     ▀▀   ████
█████  ▀▄▄   ▄▄▀  █████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀███████████████████
███      ██████████████████
████▄▄▄▄███████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀██████
████    ██            █████
████    ██    ▄███▄    ████
████    ██    █████    ████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Kora (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:50:46 AM

The wallet wont be available for quite a while, but I'm hopeful we can design, and implement a successful registration process quite quickly. Once the registration process is complete we will issue 'Kora tokens' on the NXT asset exchange as an interim solution, and while Kora tokens aren't coins in a wallet, you will be able to trade your Kora assets and spend them very easily using the NXT ecosystem.

I'm strongly leaning towards subbing out the distribution of the 'Kora tokens' on the NXT AE to a trusted third party. If someone like anon136 is available I would pay that party a commission (in Kora) to create the Kora assets and act as the asset issuer, and so the trusted third party would send out the Kora tokens to the stakeholders.

The trusted third party issuer would then be responsible for receiving back the Kora tokens and sending out Kora coins to stakeholder wallets after the Qora source code is released, and the Kora dev team has completed the cloning procedure.

It's best that all the Kora assets are issued by someone with a high level of 'trust'. The same goes for the person sending out the Kora coins, so its obvious to use the same person for both tasks - issue assets & then later receive those assets back & send out Kora coins to stakeholders.

seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

The wallet wont be available for quite a while, but I'm hopeful we can design, and implement a successful registration process quite quickly. Once the registration process is complete we will issue 'Kora tokens' on the NXT asset exchange as an interim solution, and while Kora tokens aren't coins in a wallet, you will be able to trade your Kora assets and spend them very easily using the NXT ecosystem.

I'm strongly leaning towards subbing out the distribution of the 'Kora tokens' on the NXT AE to a trusted third party. If someone like anon136 is available I would pay that party a commission (in Kora) to create the Kora assets and act as the asset issuer, and so the trusted third party would send out the Kora tokens to the stakeholders.

The trusted third party issuer would then be responsible for receiving back the Kora tokens and sending out Kora coins to stakeholder wallets after the Qora source code is released, and the Kora dev team has completed the cloning procedure.

It's best that all the Kora assets are issued by someone with a high level of 'trust'. The same goes for the person sending out the Kora coins, so its obvious to use the same person for both tasks - issue assets & then later receive those assets back & send out Kora coins to stakeholders.

the thread title is [ANN] Kora::100% POS|Qora Clone|Free & Fair ~3k users|issued NXT AE asap
so the so called 'Kora tokens' is free?
aa417444103

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:01:42 AM

i like qora ,so i like this
DynhoSts

Activity: 266

day trader mode "on"

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:01:58 AM

interest Cheesy waiting more details ...
BitRock

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:02:16 AM

support

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:23:42 AM

I will support this project! Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: