Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
signingoff

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:46:21 AM

some questions
1,My the BTT UID  used by others, how to do?
2,How to see already registered number

I have the same problem.

I just tried to apply the webapp, but it tells me "Your BTT account ID has already been used to apply for a stake."

Is somebody using my BTT ID to apply for Kora? Kora, how can you ensure that nobody is using somebody elses BTT account ID?

Are you serious?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:47:30 AM

This person saved you!!!

A lot of other people would have done harm to Kora. They were smart and quick thinking.

Luckily one of the "good " guys caught that first.

Thanks whoever you are!!

Yes, I was lucky the person wasn't malicious!!
does it mean this person hack first because he afraid others will hack the kora account and do harm to koracoin?? if it is true, i will say ,clever and good boy!!!

I'm not sure of the hacker/pranksters motives, but I agree, their actions prevented a potential disaster. I'm ok with some 'egg on face' embarrassment, and if a malicious person had hacked my account later on they could have caused Kora HUGE problems, maybe even destroy Kora at birth, so I am extremely grateful to them for returning my account without any fuss.

They had reset the account password to something like 'k0raisc00l!', so I'm assuming they like Kora, and lets hope they registered for a stake Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:54:11 AM

If you have any problems registering for a stake using the webapp its better to PM Mac Red or post in the thread. I'm getting a few PM's from people, but as I am not the dev of the webapp, I can't answer some technical questions about the registraion setup & possible errors and work arounds.

Please be patient! Mac Red has been very thoughtful with his setup of the registration system, and if you have a problem, we will endeavour to solve it.

Always look back through the thread too, because others may have had the same issue as you, and Mac Red (or someone else) may have provided the answer to your situation already.

Spayse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:57:48 AM

When will everyone receive Koracoin? Kora is very good.

[EAGS] EagsCurrency - Be Part of Something New with Unique Plans! - Get your Free Share Now! - ends Jan. 27
zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:06:58 AM

i have apply one,but when can i get my coin?
Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:12:48 AM

We will issue the Kora tokens on the NXT AE after we complete these steps:

1- complete registration process
2- sort out any problems and/or issues with registrations
3- finalise stakeholder list
4- develop automated process to send Kora tokens on the NXT AE
5- create Kora asset (still undecided who will do this)
6- issue Kora tokens

I hope we can complete the above steps quickly, but it still might take a while.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:35:34 AM

We will issue the Kora tokens on the NXT AE after we complete these steps:

1- complete registration process
2- sort out any problems and/or issues with registrations
3- finalise stakeholder list
4- develop automated process to send Kora tokens on the NXT AE
5- create Kora asset (still undecided who will do this)
6- issue Kora tokens

I hope we can complete the above steps quickly, but it still might take a while.

That is some plan , thanks for keeping us updated and thriller experience with hackers Grin
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

Is there a whitepaper available for Kora?

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:37:56 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 03:54:02 AM by Kora

No whitepaper yet! At this stage Kora is building the community first, and then the actual coin comes later. Without the NXT AE, Kora would stay an 'idea' only, but having the NXT asset exchange lets us assetise the 'kora idea' by issuing the Kora tokens. Pretty weird stuff, but that's effectively what we'll have once we issue the Kora tokens.

Are you familiar with NEM? You can buy & sell NEMstakes on the NXT AE even though NEM hasn't been released yet.

Kora is doing something similar. NEM did it first but I announced the plan to issue Kora tokens on the NXT AE first! It's not a competition though, and watching NEM is a great learning experience for Kora, but we had the idea first Smiley

In my mind creating Kora is a bit like creating a music band (which I've had experience with).

Most bands start off trying to build a collective 'vibe', and most do it by playing cover songs first (established songs from other musicians). If after a while the fledgling band establishes a good community/vibe, they can start to experiment with creating new music together. That's how most great bands start - cloning other songs to see if they have a good 'vibe'. If the vibe is good they start writing original songs. If not they play cover songs, but they know they'll never be rock stars playing in a covers band.

Crypto coins are a bit the same. I think it's very hard to start with a blank canvass and say 'let's build a new crypto currency from scratch'. That's eMunie & etherium, and they're both highly centralised. Coins like NEM  & Kora can focus on building the decentralised community first, and then see what happens.

There are over 200+ bitcoin 'cover bands' on coinmarketcap now, and most will end up being worthless.

At this stage Kora is like a bunch of musicians in a room who don't know each other yet. What do we play? We can 'Jam' or we can play a cover song, or we can try and write an original song from scratch.

From my experience with music 'Jamming' (i.e. improvised music) is great fun but ultimately unproductive for strangers (it's basically like musical sex). A bunch of strangers writing an original song straight off the bat is VERY unlikely because their isn't an established 'vibe' between the players, it is possible, but often strangers without a leader can't work together on something completely NEW straight away.

So what's left? Play a few established cover songs so people can get to know each other, people start to feel comfortable, develop some rapport .... and then maybe you can write a new song that has merit.

Kora is starting as a clone of Qora, so its like us all saying - 'what song will we play? why don't we play Qora! We can learn that fast'

Later, I really hope Kora will evolve into something new, like a band writing original 'new' songs. If that happens we'll need a whitepaper, otherwise if Kora ends up as a 100% Qora clone the Kora whitepaper will be the same as the Qora whitepaper.

I'm not sure when the Qora whitepaper is due out.

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:48:54 AM

No whitepaper yet! At this stage Kora is building the community first, and then the actual coin comes later. If there was no NXT AE, Kora would stay an 'idea' only, but having the NXT asset exchange lets us assetise the 'kora idea' by issuing the Kora tokens. Pretty weird stuff, but that's effectively what we'll have once we issue the Kora tokens.

Cool.  Thanks for your quick response.

Kora is starting as a clone of Qora, so its like us all saying - 'what song will we play? why don't we play Qora! We can learn that fast'

Later, I really hope Kora will evolve into something new, like a band writing original 'new' songs. If that happens we'll need a whitepaper, otherwise if Kora ends up as a 100% Qora clone the Kora whitepaper will be the same as the Qora whitepaper.

What language will you be writing Kora in?  If you've not decided yet, I'd like to suggest using plain old C99 with GCC being the target.  If you do decide to go this route, I can contribute.  I'm on GNU/Linux and do all my development there but have done cross compiling for Windows using MingGW < http://www.mingw.org/ >.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:09:12 AM

No whitepaper yet! At this stage Kora is building the community first, and then the actual coin comes later. If there was no NXT AE, Kora would stay an 'idea' only, but having the NXT asset exchange lets us assetise the 'kora idea' by issuing the Kora tokens. Pretty weird stuff, but that's effectively what we'll have once we issue the Kora tokens.

Cool.  Thanks for your quick response.

What language will you be writing Kora in?  If you've not decided yet, I'd like to suggest using plain old C99 with GCC being the target.  If you do decide to go this route, I can contribute.  I'm on GNU/Linux and do all my development there but have done cross compiling for Windows using MingGW < http://www.mingw.org/ >.

Thanks for your suggestion Smiley I'm not a dev,  and right now I'm looking for a lead dev to pick up the reins and 'claim' Kora as his/her baby!!

I've already been approached which is amazingly positive news, but it's too early to say 'yes, we have a core dev for Kora'.

If I extend my musical analogy a little further, I'm like the non-musical friend who goes to all the rehearsals but doesn't have a musical bone in my body, so my roll is to help bring the people together, and create an atmosphere and community ethic that promotes good results.

If the registration process goes well, and we get ~3000 stakeholders, then I'm really optimistic that people will start coming together and offering ideas and skills to the Kora collective. When that happens please join in with your suggestions! Kora can be yours just as much as mine, and if you have dev background, you can really make a difference Smiley

My goal for Kora is 100% decentalisation, and I'd like to suggest we borrow from NXT community and acknowledge that Kora is a Starfish, and not a Spider!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJ3JCDI4yQIN2O09DW6qApRhPrQXDj9wsxY-3jduOAw/edit?hl=en

CoinManiac

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:22:44 AM

Just signed up now. I hope m not late

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:14:01 AM

Looks like we had a good start  Wink How many registrations so far if I may ask? Did you promote in other places? How can people parcipate that are not in bitcointalk?

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:37:43 AM

I am panicking now because I sent in my poloniex exchange nxt addy instead of my nxt addy which I didn't download because I just reinstalled my computer so need to download a new nxt wallet. I pray KORA ADMIN reads my pm so we can fix it. Cry

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:42:22 AM

How can people parcipate that are not in bitcointalk?

Huh serious  Huh -> I think it's obvious they can't  Wink
nangong

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:44:41 AM

is good wo ri Grin
Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:17:45 AM

No whitepaper yet! At this stage Kora is building the community first, and then the actual coin comes later. Without the NXT AE, Kora would stay an 'idea' only, but having the NXT asset exchange lets us assetise the 'kora idea' by issuing the Kora tokens. Pretty weird stuff, but that's effectively what we'll have once we issue the Kora tokens.

Are you familiar with NEM? You can buy & sell NEMstakes on the NXT AE even though NEM hasn't been released yet.

Kora is doing something similar. NEM did it first but I announced the plan to issue Kora tokens on the NXT AE first! It's not a competition though, and watching NEM is a great learning experience for Kora, but we had the idea first Smiley

In my mind creating Kora is a bit like creating a music band (which I've had experience with).

Most bands start off trying to build a collective 'vibe', and most do it by playing cover songs first (established songs from other musicians). If after a while the fledgling band establishes a good community/vibe, they can start to experiment with creating new music together. That's how most great bands start - cloning other songs to see if they have a good 'vibe'. If the vibe is good they start writing original songs. If not they play cover songs, but they know they'll never be rock stars playing in a covers band.

Crypto coins are a bit the same. I think it's very hard to start with a blank canvass and say 'let's build a new crypto currency from scratch'. That's eMunie & etherium, and they're both highly centralised. Coins like NEM  & Kora can focus on building the decentralised community first, and then see what happens.

There are over 200+ bitcoin 'cover bands' on coinmarketcap now, and most will end up being worthless.

At this stage Kora is like a bunch of musicians in a room who don't know each other yet. What do we play? We can 'Jam' or we can play a cover song, or we can try and write an original song from scratch.

From my experience with music 'Jamming' (i.e. improvised music) is great fun but ultimately unproductive for strangers (it's basically like musical sex). A bunch of strangers writing an original song straight off the bat is VERY unlikely because their isn't an established 'vibe' between the players, it is possible, but often strangers without a leader can't work together on something completely NEW straight away.

So what's left? Play a few established cover songs so people can get to know each other, people start to feel comfortable, develop some rapport .... and then maybe you can write a new song that has merit.

This must be the most motivating pep-talk that I have read here on Bitcointalk.
We are in a band. I love it.
Looking forward to making music.
Thank you Kora,

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:08:42 AM

someone could send me 2 Nextcoins so i can register my nxt acount on blockchain please? NXT-HS5Y-XWXY-RFTB-AC65D
obs: i tried the faucet, but put a wrong email there...now it wont accept my adress anymore

send 3 NXT

thanks a lot

You are welcome mate, hope you enjoy it

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
u5sos

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:05:37 AM

I send wrong nxt account.
Can I change it? btt id 227299

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:06:24 AM

very nice
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: