Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spayse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:27:57 AM

Hi,

I wanted to sign up for KORA so first did it with my BTT account name. Now I know my numeric BTT account ID but I can't sign up anymore. It says 'Your BTT account ID has already been used to apply for a stake'. How is this possible, I never signed up before with my numeric ID.

Thanks for the answer
Some guys have problem same you. You sent PM to Mac Red.

[EAGS] EagsCurrency - Be Part of Something New with Unique Plans! - Get your Free Share Now! - ends Jan. 27

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:28:01 AM

For the ones who don't have their NXT account funded, there is a NXT faucet which sends 2-4 NXT: http://nxtra.org/faucet/

Another giveaway is
http://freenxt.org?ref=326
where a small amount of NXT is given every 20min.

But this giveaway only sends NXT once a week and you have to spend a lot of time on it to earn over 1 NXT (minimum to be sent). The facet will give you 2-4 NXT in few seconds.

g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:35:09 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 12:54:45 PM by g3rszpi

Somebody please can send me some nxt?  because i already used nxt faucet with other account wich i lost, so i cant useit again the faucet. I will send it back asap . Thanks in advance
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:52:03 AM

Somebody please can send me some nxt?  because i already used nxt faucet with other account wich i lost, so i cant useit again the faucet. I will send it back asap . Thanks in advance
edit : here is my nxt numeric id :  14177793536489566653

You lost the one i sent to you ?

g3rszpi

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:53:02 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 12:55:14 PM by g3rszpi

Yes because of the wallet and passphrease problems Sad
davien

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:54:08 AM

i thought you fixed it yesterday....

g3rszpi

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:59:06 AM

I just fucked up my whole wallet and stuff
davien

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:03:57 AM

I just fucked up my whole wallet and stuff

check you PM , that might help you

g3rszpi

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:16:52 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 12:53:42 PM by g3rszpi

Ok but i still don't have any transactions or nxt on my new acc . So somebody send me some nxt and i will send it back.

Thanks
michaelb87

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:26:36 PM

Ok but i still don't have any transactions or nxt on my new acc . So somebody send me some nxt and i will send it back.
Thanks

Send you some
Coinr88

Activity: 283
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:43:15 PM

Hello.

Please do not post NXT accounts addresses in the thread
it could lead to thread locking by the forum moderator.
If you want to show your address please add it to your signature.

Wink

Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:31:31 PM

you better don't make emails public in connection with usernames - not even disconnected. That would be serious privacy-breach and security-issue. I take a lot of care my email does not become public for both security and privacy reasons. You could screw my security with this. Can i sign up now with vpn? Do i need to fear my email will be made public so i have to crate a new one only for registering here or is it ok to use my normal mail?

If you make everyones mail public the first thing that happens is we get a shit load of phishing and malware in our inbox. Adress can be sold possibly and spammed as well as exposed to brute force attacks. Additionally it can be googled and found wherever it is in other places of the net (privacy). See my point? Making mails public should be a no-go.
It is already sort of critical to connect peoples btctalk-accounts with their nxt-adresses publicly. This is the age of information. Be a bit more careful with peoples information please!
I would love to sign up without getting a lot of security breaches and leaks if possible.

Ya, email addresses won't be made public.

Whether or not you can sign up using a VPN, well we have a rule of registering once per IP and household. As long as you do that you should be fine, as stated. This doesn't mean we disallow the usage of VPN services. If the IP you're currently using has already been saved in our system you're not going to be able to submit the form at all. Otherwise, go for it. Obviously you won't see me promoting people to use VPNs. Use your own IP if you can. But if you're worried about privacy then go ahead, use another IP for your application. We're not tracing it so it doesn't matter.

While I applaud the efforts to make the distribution as wide as possible by avoiding false multiple identities, I do find the rule of one registration per IP address/household somewhat counter productive.

What if I am trying to convince some family members to take part in Kora?

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:42:20 PM

you better don't make emails public in connection with usernames - not even disconnected. That would be serious privacy-breach and security-issue. I take a lot of care my email does not become public for both security and privacy reasons. You could screw my security with this. Can i sign up now with vpn? Do i need to fear my email will be made public so i have to crate a new one only for registering here or is it ok to use my normal mail?

If you make everyones mail public the first thing that happens is we get a shit load of phishing and malware in our inbox. Adress can be sold possibly and spammed as well as exposed to brute force attacks. Additionally it can be googled and found wherever it is in other places of the net (privacy). See my point? Making mails public should be a no-go.
It is already sort of critical to connect peoples btctalk-accounts with their nxt-adresses publicly. This is the age of information. Be a bit more careful with peoples information please!
I would love to sign up without getting a lot of security breaches and leaks if possible.

Whether or not you can sign up using a VPN, well we have a rule of registering once per IP and household. As long as you do that you should be fine, as stated. This doesn't mean we disallow the usage of VPN services. If the IP you're currently using has already been saved in our system you're not going to be able to submit the form at all. Otherwise, go for it. Obviously you won't see me promoting people to use VPNs. Use your own IP if you can. But if you're worried about privacy then go ahead, use another IP for your application. We're not tracing it so it doesn't matter.

While I applaud the efforts to make the distribution as wide as possible by avoiding false multiple identities, I do find the rule of one registration per IP address/household somewhat counter productive.

Pentamon

Just responded to a very similar question over PM. Basically the answer would be to tell/help them to sign up on another machine on another network. For example, at a friend's house, work or school/library.

Quoting myself:

~

The first question about family members living under the same roof is not an easy one to answer. The rules are clear of course with 1 stake per household but the reason we have this rule is not because we don't want family members to get involved. It is used more as a way of saying "we're going to use some heavy anti-sockpuppet measures here and some of them you won't know about - so to make absolutely sure you get your stake, register only once per household".

My first direct suggestion would be to give them the link and instruct them to register somewhere else (or do it for them), at a library, friend's house etc. On a whole different machine, not the same computer. Then their stake should be safe. Since there are so many stakes to fill up you'd not have to worry much about doing this asap.

~

There is no perfect method of doing this. But we're doing the best we can to balance things. Hope this answers your question.
Pentamon

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:30:47 PM

Pentamon

Just responded to a very similar question over PM. Basically the answer would be to tell/help them to sign up on another machine on another network. For example, at a friend's house, work or school/library.

Quoting myself:

~

The first question about family members living under the same roof is not an easy one to answer. The rules are clear of course with 1 stake per household but the reason we have this rule is not because we don't want family members to get involved. It is used more as a way of saying "we're going to use some heavy anti-sockpuppet measures here and some of them you won't know about - so to make absolutely sure you get your stake, register only once per household".

My first direct suggestion would be to give them the link and instruct them to register somewhere else (or do it for them), at a library, friend's house etc. On a whole different machine, not the same computer. Then their stake should be safe. Since there are so many stakes to fill up you'd not have to worry much about doing this asap.

~

There is no perfect method of doing this. But we're doing the best we can to balance things. Hope this answers your question.

Yes, Mac, thanks for clarifying this.

I will keep sending out emails like this:

Instructions how to participate in the Kora initial distribution:

1.  Make a bitcointalk.org Identity by going to https://Bitcointalk.org

2. Read about Kora here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

3. Find out your bitcointalk user id like this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.msg7491955#msg7491955

Use this Bitcoin talk ID number in step below

4. The initial distribution of Kora will be done on the back of another currency:
You will have to install NXT to get a NXT account number

Download NXT, and install it.

Make a Looooong secure password - 60 characters, random. Keep it safe.
Empty the memory buffer when you copy and paste this text string.

Fill your NXT account with money.
Ask me, send me your NXT account number and I will send you some, or:

Go to the NXT faucet, get some NXT:
http://nxtra.org/faucet/
or
http://freenxt.org?ref=326

Make an outgoing transaction to verify your account. Send me 1 NXT back, or register an alias.

Copy the numeric account number of your NXT account for Step 5 below.

5. Go and register for your Kora stake:
http://www.koracoin.com

Fill out everything and wait.

And read some more.

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
perado

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:33:15 PM

I have done all these things but I dont know if I made it all right.How can I check it?
Any shareholders list or something? Grin
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:36:33 PM

Can those who created the BTT account after 06/23 enter the registration and be valid?
laura@@

Activity: 261

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:30:50 PM

Can those who created the BTT account after 06/23 enter the registration and be valid?
I know what you are thinking. please don't abuse the system.  

▄▄█████████▄                    ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████▄             ▄████████████████▄
   █████            ▀█████        ▄█████            █████
  ████                 █████    █████                 ████
 ███                    ▀████    ██                     ███
▐███                      █████                         ▐███
███▌                        ████           ▐████████████████
▐███                         ▀████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ████                   ██▄    █████                    ▄▄▄
  ████                ██████    ▀████▄                ▄███
   ▀█████          ███████        ▀█████▄          ▄████▀
      █████████████████              ▀████████████████▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀                      ▀▀██████▀▀
  æ t e r n i t y
  The Oracle Machine
          ██
      ▄██ ██ ██▄
     ▐██  ██  ██
     ▐██      ██
     ▐██  ▄▄  ██
     ▐██▄▐██ ▄██
       ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
      ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
     ▐██ ▐██ ▀██
     ▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
     ▐██     ▐██
     ▐██ ▐██ ▄██
      ▀█ ▐██ █▀
         ▐██
✅ Unchained Smart Contracts
✅ Decentralized Oracle
✅ Turing-Complete
✅ State-Channels
✅ Infinitly Scalable
     ██
 ▄██ ██ ██▄
▐██  ██  ██
▐██      ██
▐██  ▄▄  ██
▐██▄▐██ ▄██
  ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
 ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
▐██ ▐██ ▀██
▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
▐██     ▐██
▐██ ▐██ ▄██
 ▀█ ▐██ █▀
    ▐██
[ WHITEPAPER]                     ██
                   ▄██▌
                  ████
                ▄█████
              ▄██████▌
             ████████
           ▄█████████   ▄▄▄▄
          █████████████████▀
        ▄████████████████▀
       ██▀▀▀▀▀ █████████
              ▐███████▀
              ██████▀
              █████▀
             ▐███▀
             ███
             █▀
(en)Lightning
Smart Contracts
|TESTNET|
th4o

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:32:37 PM

If these account holders are validated and do upload a file and explain why they want to be added, they will have a fair chance I think Smiley
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:56:09 PM

I know what you are thinking. please don't abuse the system.  

I have no intentions like that. Quite contrary. I noticed in what i quoted that there is a suggestion for new people to create a fresh new BTT account which is in collision with rule nr. 3. Your BTT account must have a reg date BEFORE today, 06/23.
That is why I ask.

I don't mind things either way. Old accounts or new account all the same to me as long as there is one real person behind each account. What I would mind is to have someone coming here few months from now and claiming he/she has dozens of account and telling everyone that the signup and whole inception of Kora was a scam et cetera. I've seen that happen already on other coins. It demoralizes the whole community.

The reason why I noticed the above conflict is because I don't want new, eager and honest people opening BTT accounts and getting through all procedure so that they can apply for Kora and all that just to be dismissed as sockpuppets because their BTT accounts were created several days after the official start.

I think it would be good to get new people here. But we need to make sure they are real and that is not easy. I would love to be able to tell my friends on different forums something like:
I know you were reading about BTC and stuff and now is your chance to get on a new boat that is being built. Go over to BTT and create account.
mikkopek

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:59:47 PM

If these account holders are validated and do upload a file and explain why they want to be added, they will have a fair chance I think Smiley

Can this be confirmed? Any chance for newbie? I recently wandered to this forum because of nemcoin. Read bout nem it at local national bitcoinforum. I have a good hunch nem could develop well but would be cool to get involved here too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: