Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:06:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:02:10 AM

I estimate it is a 25:1 long-shot, but this transaction happened at about the right time in the right amount to be the KNC donation. Disclaimer: I only looked at about 15 blocks on April 27th.

225 BTC payment -- or is it a 25BTC payment?

The price of BTC on April 27th appears to have been between $460 and $430 USD.

There were even similarly sized payments in the same block. This one stood out due to the nice round even numbers (and limited number of inputs/outputs).

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:37:33 AM

I estimate it is a 25:1 long-shot, but this transaction happened at about the right time in the right amount to be the KNC donation. Disclaimer: I only looked at about 15 blocks on April 27th.

There were even similarly sized payments in the same block. This one stood out due to the nice round even numbers (and limited number of inputs/outputs).

That address was first funded by BurtW last year April.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:10:44 AM

That address was first funded by BurtW last year April.

Yeah, Burt Wagner received those coins at 1BurtWEejbnKeBRsvcydJvsNztB1bXV5iQ. He has received 2546 to that address alone. Way to hodl Burt!

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:13:21 AM

I actually put that address in a search engine and the 1Burtw... address came up... should have clued in.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:21:43 AM

I actually put that address in a search engine and the 1Burtw... address came up... should have clued in.

It took me less than 90 to figure it out, only because I was smoking a sipping coffee during said period. Why the fuck ain't I getting paid for this shit?

BTW, remember all those trips Zhou Tong make to Singapore...
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 09:34:39 AM

Thanks for the reach-around.  Kiss
Reach-around..? Isn't that a sexual act? I don't think that I get what you mean.. I'm quite capable in English, but this surpasses my knowledge. Sorry Undecided

The sexual aspect is exactly what I was implying, albeit in a humorous manner as my special way of thanking your for the kudos, with apologies for spreading any coodiesRoll Eyes
Aaaah, I see. Well, thanks I suppose, haha. Don't jack me off to fast alright? Kiss

Well thats great. but can you tell in easy words that what are the benefits of this? will you have any say in the btc foundation?

Sure, bud. This thread is further proof that not many read past the OP prior to commenting so that they can post-and-run thanks to them having a paid sig in their profile.
I have a signature that pays per post, but I always try to post something useful, on-topic and constructive (if possible). I just like the extra cash I get for just being me Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:37:11 AM

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:28:00 AM

Lol...the policy is no sock puppets. That's hard to implement. We've had "bill gates" and "warrem buffet" join too. What's not hard to implement is mailing a postcard with credentials required to vote. We may do this in the future and drop the voting rights deadline for signing up.

I ran this election Phinn...if you have _any_ questions about it, you can call me. I'll be in Chicago mid June if you'd like to chat over lunch or something. There's nothing to hide here.

wait a tick, so phinn is the only person who gets to hear what you say? he has asked the questions in this thread. why not answer them here? (please)

So, he has asked (in a fairly roundabout way) a couple of good questions. and you dont answer them but just say it was all fair and good. then say call me in june i might answer then, but only for you...

It is not just PG who is interested in the answers, hence the number of replies in this thread.

cheers,
steve

(btw, the postal thing is backward and easily duped - but hey ho, i guess it is not my problem. unfortunately bitcoin has bigger problems than tbf...)

edited to fix formatting.
this post wasnt meant to be demanding or rude, but if you are going to give info out (which you suggested you would) i would appreciate it if we could all hear.

If it were easy to answer 50 questions in a thread to everyone's satisfaction from my iPhone while on call in the hospital, I'd do it.  Far easier on me to have one quick conversation with one trustworthy person.

But the tl;dr is this: nothing interesting or surprising.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:00:30 PM

If you've taught me one thing, phinn, it's to vet rather than believe. Can you sign a message with the private key or keys used to txfer $100k to the Bitcoin Foundation as well as the transaction?

To be clear, you asking me about my tx or KnC's tx?

Lol...sorry to break it to you, but there's more than one receiving address at the foundation. Each member gets their own address. Go to members.bitcoinfoundation.org, login, get your address and see for yourself.

Can we please be shown the transaction of around 200 btc from KNC miner to the Foundation?

I don't doubt it was made, but the whole point of this thread is that it does not seem to be on the foundation's main btc address. So you don't need to answer 50 question, but just one:

Where is the KNC bitcoin payment to the foundation?
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:22:46 PM

If you've taught me one thing, phinn, it's to vet rather than believe. Can you sign a message with the private key or keys used to txfer $100k to the Bitcoin Foundation as well as the transaction?

Lol...sorry to break it to you, but there's more than one receiving address at the foundation. Each member gets their own address. Go to members.bitcoinfoundation.org, login, get your address and see for yourself.

Can we please be shown the transaction of around 200 btc from KNC miner to the Foundation?

I don't doubt it was made, but the whole point of this thread is that it does not seem to be on the foundation's main btc address. So you don't need to answer 50 question, but just one:

You should ask _them_...it's their private info.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:54:53 PM

The foundation seems to have an address which shows publicly the donations and the membership payments received. Thus - there does not seem to be anything private here.

We have this public ledger which allows for full accountability and transparency. If doubts are raised - as they are in this thread - considering that a public address is not private information then... where is that payment?

The election was decided by only 1 vote. Therefore if KNC paid late etc there are grounds for a re-election. We hear they paid just one day before - I do not know if that is true - in fact I do not know whether they paid at all...

cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:05:21 PM

Has the foundation made any response to this yet?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

We're still waiting for davout to product the name - after 100's of requests - of the highly reputable auditing firm that perused InstaWallet data after the "hack", of which I lost 1,132 BGC and David some fuckin' how became 1,300+ BTC richer, then was elevated from mod to Staff of this forum.

Just the name, but he won't release due to some NDA bullshit. Lemon Way a bank, my motherfuckin' ass!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:29:12 PM

TBF is a non-profit filing under a 501c6. That filing has rules that need to be followed. Everyone is going to know how much money was collected next filing anyway. There are members here that have been asking about the money and have a right to know.

http://www.amrms.com/dnn/Blog/TabId/1268/ArtMID/3061/ArticleID/22/Which-c-is-Right-for-Me-501c3-vs-501c6.aspx

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2012-990EZ-IRS-Bitcoin-Foundation-.pdf

You've chosen to speak for them here. Let me put this delicately. WHERE'S THE FUCKING MONEY.

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:53:50 PM

Where's the money Lebowski?!!

Where's the fucking money??!!!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 05:56:05 PM

Is that Ken Feldman?
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:56:53 PM

Is that Ken Feldman?

Jeff Bridges
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:05:27 PM

Is that Ken Feldman?

Jeff Bridges

Dah! I was asking about the pink toilet bowl.  Grin
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:07:59 PM

Is that Ken Feldman?

Jeff Bridges

Dah! I was asking about the pink toilet bowl.  Grin

LOL
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:09:23 PM

Isn't that funny. Our big savior, TBF almighty, that was supposed to protect us against the evil governments is just another criminal enterprise. Priceless!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: