Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:26:50 PM

Thanks.  I read, among other things:

Section 3.3(c) Limitations on Voting Rights of Members. Except as otherwise provided for by any Board of Directors resolution, no member shall have the right or be entitled to vote: (i) on a sale, lease, exchange, or other disposition of all or substantially all of the Corporation's assets; (ii) on a merger of the Corporation; (iii) on a dissolution or reorganization of the Corporation; or (iv) on amendments to the Corporation's Articles or Bylaws.
Who in sane mind would join an association that has something like 3.3(c)(iv) in its bylaws?

You seem surprised...why? It's pretty standard. Members don't own the foundation assets. They're not shareholders. Just like people who join the EFF or their local NPR station can't call for and vote on liquidation of it's assets.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:46:14 PM

You seem surprised...why? It's pretty standard. Members don't own the foundation assets. They're not shareholders. Just like people who join the EFF or their local NPR station can't call for and vote on liquidation of it's assets.
Item 3.3(c)(iv) is not about managing assets (that is indeed fine), but about amending the Bylaws.  Like, changing the goals of the Foundation to promoting UFO research, Aryan supremacy, hot tub parties, or whatever.  It seems that he Board of Directors can do that without even telling the members, correct?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:01:45 AM

You gave these idiots $100k? You really do belong with them Gauge

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:06:49 AM

^ did you bother reading anything besides the headline?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:10:43 AM

You gave these idiots $100k? You really do belong with them Gauge

Sure did! And I bought 42 Monarchs, going to pay off Matthew N. Wright's bets, become a mod of this forum, and buying ONLY ONE from Bruce Wagner, then I'm going to Disney to get my dick sucked by some dude named Goofy.

Feel free to reply to this post once you finish reading the rest of this tread.

Apologies if this comes across as a diss post, but you aren't the first, and probably not the last to comment prior to reading further, something - reading - should be part of anybody's due diligence before taking anything as gospel, especially when it comes to the circus arts surrounding its lead clown - Brock Pierce.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:13:52 AM

Come on, the joke is revealed (and justified) only on page 2 of the thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621770.msg6891010#msg6891010
Thumbs up for those who were so shocked at the original post that they felt the urge to reply right away.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:16:56 AM

PG, why are you so good at stirring up the feelings of the people who've never heard of you on this forum?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:17:33 AM

Come on, the joke is revealed (and justified) only on page 2 of the thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=621770.msg6891010#msg6891010
Thumbs up for those who were so shocked at the original post that they felt the urge to reply right away.

And thanks to most of them, for they truly seem to be allies.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 03:19:30 AM

PG, why are you so good at stirring up the feelings of the people who've never heard of you on this forum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3noFq9lii0
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:28:06 AM

so amazing.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:01:02 AM

TradeFortress:  I am curious about something here.  In post #107 your response is an embedded image.  Why is that?
Fucking TradeFuckFace. Must be some kind of tracing image. God, I hate those so freaking much.
Remember the last time that happened?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341146.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335658.0
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:21:00 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 08:36:35 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

TradeFortress:  I am curious about something here.  In post #107 your response is an embedded image.  Why is that?
Fucking TradeFuckFace. Must be some kind of tracing image. God, I hate those so freaking much.
Remember the last time that happened?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341146.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335658.0

Taxing my memory, Matthew N. Wright used to do something similar. I know of the practice, but the process eludes me.

EDIT: I even commented in that second linked thread, Justin. Thanks for the input, bud.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:27:48 AM

Taxing my memory, Matthew N. Wright used to do something similar. I know of the practice, but the process eludes me.
I read about that yes. I know how they work and they are quite easy to make. I could write up a tracking pixel in five minutes, but why should I? I don't see the purpose of capturing someone's IP. It's not possible to get data from cookies using a tracking pixel (AFAIK) so I don't see how they can be useful.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:40:56 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 09:05:19 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I read about that yes. I know how they work and they are quite easy to make. I could write up a tracking pixel in five minutes, but why should I? I don't see the purpose of capturing someone's IP. It's not possible to get data from cookies using a tracking pixel (AFAIK) so I don't see how they can be useful.

Say you wanted to know where somebody is truly located. You send them a PM having such as the content, for only they most likely would be the one opening it up. I believe MNW tried that with theymos or some other. That's the first I even learnt that such a thingie existed. I assumed that practice was nixed somehow on this forum, but I guess I'm mistaken. Nothing another $350K doled out for the forum upgrade can't fix, I guess.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:45:30 AM

Just for info: There is an image proxy, so tracking data/IPs and even CSRFs attacks against others sites are not possible (anymore) through the image function of the forum.

TF's reasons for using these images is being discusses in this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623521.0

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:53:59 AM

Sat you wanted to know where somebody is truly located. You send them a PM having such as the content, for only they most likely would be the one opening it up. I believe MNW tried that with theymos or some other. That's the first I even learnt that such a thingie existed. I assumed that practice was nixed somehow on this forum, but I guess I'm mistaken. Nothing another $350K doled out for the forum upgrade can't fix, I guess.
I get that, but I don't really see the practical use of that. Other than illegal activities. I'm just glad that my real IP points to a location where I don't live. And that it doesn't matter if I am with my GF or at home.

Anyway, I really hope that the forum upgrade is a great update. I still have my doubts about it, but oh well, not much that I or the whole community can do about it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:53:59 PM

Wow! Probably, the strangest thing I'll read today:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Men-Days-Future-Past-End-Credits-Sequence-Explained-43142.html?google_editors_picks=true

What you see is Apocalypse sort of using his powers to manipulate the Pyramids. And in the shot, you can see The Four Horseman sort of in shadow, or silhouette. Now, when we make the movie, it will not take place in ancient times. We went back and forth a lot on… what that scene should be. Bryan and I just locked into this idea of seeing Apocalypse at the height of his power and glory, which is what we imagined would have been in Egyptian times. It was just to give a tease of, ‘This guy is super-powerful, and there was a moment in time when he was essentially treated as a god, and he’s going to rise again in X-Men: Apocalypse.’"

Now, that's some allegory to get your head wrapped around unless, of course, some dude named Plato (thought you'd like that) has you chained to wall in a cave...
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:27:40 PM

Almost one month gone after KNC became platinum member of TBF.
Anyone got the tx id?
Phinnaeus Gage??
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:55:41 PM

Anyone got the tx id?
Phinnaeus Gage??

It doesn't exist. I've been parsing the blockchain using a variant of John Ratcliffs command line parsing tool looking for transactions in excess of 20,000,000,000 for 4 days limited to the last 6 weeks. There is nothing pointing to TBF. It's too bad Bitcoin only uses block header time stamps. Transaction time stamps would have been much more useful. Transactions can be a lot older than the block time. TBF is lying unless it was paid in fiat which goes against their rules unless they changed the rules. According to their charter they have the ability to change the rules without going to the general membership. I'm confused why anyone at this point would choose to be a member of TBF.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:40:44 PM

Quote from: dishwara link=topjavascript:void(0);ic=621770.msg6997011#msg6997011 date=1401298060
Anyone got the tx id?
Phinnaeus Gage??

It doesn't exist. I've been parsing the blockchain using a variant of John Ratcliffs command line parsing tool looking for transactions in excess of 20,000,000,000 for 4 days limited to the last 6 weeks. There is nothing pointing to TBF. It's too bad Bitcoin only uses block header time stamps. Transaction time stamps would have been much more useful. Transactions can be a lot older than the block time. TBF is lying unless it was paid in fiat which goes against their rules unless they changed the rules. According to their charter they have the ability to change the rules without going to the general membership. I'm confused why anyone at this point would choose to be a member of TBF.

To read the latest issue of Team Beat on the table in the lobby while in queue to have an audience with the Godfather of Bitcoin, Brock Pierce. BTW, most of Brock's cronies have yet to be a member of TBF, including Michael Terpin. How fucked up is that? At least start a Kickstarter campaign to muster up the twenty-five bucks needed if short on funds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: