Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:35:44 PM

*snip*

TBF has yet to show proof that KnC did indeed paid for their Platinum Membership.

*snip*

This is the matter that needs to be addressed by TBF.

The reputation of TBF is already shot to hell; if they show some integrity around these concerns it might go some way to repairing it.

Kudos to Phinn for his artful exposé.

This is not an issue that needs addressing, imho. And bitcoiners of all people should understand that. Disclosing the address(es) used for payment could lead to significant breaches of privacy.

Anyone care to post their largest transaction for hordes of people to scrutinize and track?
Let me get this straight.  You are claiming that the inability of those who have looked at the blockchain to locate a transaction which validates the payment of the 100K is no problem.  You are claiming somehow that examining a PUBLIC DATABASE, the blockchain, for the presence or absence of a particular payment is "bad".

Certainly an interesting point of view....

lol...do you think it's one tx? Just think about how stupid it would be if you could pick two parties and know the amount exchanged between them without their assistance. If a member wants to point to their payments, that's up to them...it would be a breach of imho for the foundation to publish tx of all their members.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:37:12 PM

*snip*

TBF has yet to show proof that KnC did indeed paid for their Platinum Membership.

*snip*

The reputation of TBF is already shot to hell; if they show some integrity around these concerns it might go some way to repairing it.

This is not an issue that needs addressing, imho. And bitcoiners of all people should understand that. Disclosing the address(es) used for payment could lead to significant breaches of privacy.

Anyone care to post their largest transaction for hordes of people to scrutinize and track?
Let me get this straight.  You are claiming that the inability of those who have looked at the blockchain to locate a transaction which validates the payment of the 100K is no problem.  You are claiming somehow that examining a PUBLIC DATABASE, the blockchain, for the presence or absence of a particular payment is "bad".

Certainly an interesting point of view....

lol...do you think it's one tx? Just think about how stupid it would be if you could pick two parties and know the amount exchanged between them without their assistance. If a member wants to point to their payments, that's up to them...it would be a breach of imho for the foundation to publish tx of all their members.
The direction of the stupid is fairly obvious here.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:42:10 PM

I hope to own $100k one day. Probably it won't happen.

btcduke

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:54:02 AM

Rich man. I have nothing to say but "Good luck!".

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:18:49 AM

Wow this thread just reminded me, what ever happened to Phinnaeus? Did he say wether he was gOing out did he just vanIsh one day?
He needed a loan from BurtW and used his account as collateral. From the looks of it he has not yet repaid the loan and I would not be entirely surprised if the account has since been sold

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:20:03 AM

Wow this thread just reminded me, what ever happened to Phinnaeus? Did he say wether he was gOing out did he just vanIsh one day?
He needed a loan from BurtW and used his account as collateral. From the looks of it he has not yet repaid the loan and I would not be entirely surprised if the account has since been sold

How much did he get for the account?

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:39:00 AM

IIRC it was a 2.5 BTC "loan"

It does not appear the loan has been repaid as the account has still not logged in for several months. I would assume at this point that the loan is in default. The account also has much less positive trust then it previously did (I believe it has a lot more previously).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:24:48 AM

It does not appear the loan has been repaid as the account has still not logged in for several months. I would assume at this point that the loan is in default. The account also has much less positive trust then it previously did (I believe it has a lot more previously).

Bruno needed two and a half Bitcoins so bad he hocked his account? I find that really hard to believe. He had thousands of btc at one point and multiple ASIC miners.

BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:39:44 PM

Bruno needed two and a half Bitcoins so bad he hocked his account? I find that really hard to believe. He had thousands of btc at one point and multiple ASIC miners.
Well he was so reckless with his money that he gave away 100k to TBF only ~6 months ago. He has not logged in for several months and is posting under a new name which is generally accepted to be him.

In theory the loan could have been for more, however I hear a rumor that he had posted that he needed 2.5 BTC, then shorter after this Burt had given him positive trust that says he risked 2.5 BTC. I think it is somewhat speculation and somewhat hearsay but I am pretty sure this is what happened.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:50:42 PM

Well he was so reckless with his money that he gave away 100k to TBF only ~6 months ago. He has not logged in for several months and is posting under a new name which is generally accepted to be him.

In theory the loan could have been for more, however I hear a rumor that he had posted that he needed 2.5 BTC, then shorter after this Burt had given him positive trust that says he risked 2.5 BTC. I think it is somewhat speculation and somewhat hearsay but I am pretty sure this is what happened.

Wow, that's crazy! I'm going to have to call him as find out what's up.

PlatinumExpress

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:08:26 AM

I cant say I believe that it really happened.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:24:45 AM

It is indeed something of a mystery.  Nobody from TBF commenting on this thread has seen it fit to validate that the 100K from KnC was made.

Or that the 100K from Phinneas Gage was not made.  

Accordingly I must, give both the benefit of the doubt, and consider them both Platinum Members as of this time.  One recognized, but by the somewhat suspect membership and board of TBF.  Yet the other, in the best Satoshi tradition, has vanished.   This means that only by the logic and algorithms he left behind, may he be understood.  

Indeed it is quite mysterious.

BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:31:40 AM

It is indeed something of a mystery.  Nobody from TBF commenting on this thread has seen it fit to validate that the 100K from KnC was made.

Or that the 100K from Phinneas Gage was not made.  

Accordingly I must, give both the benefit of the doubt, and consider them both Platinum Members as of this time.  One recognized, but by the somewhat suspect membership and board of TBF.  Yet the other, in the best Satoshi tradition, has vanished.   This means that only by the logic and algorithms he left behind, may he be understood.  

Indeed it is quite mysterious.

TBF has been a very shady organization for a long time. The fact they have not commented does not surprise me one bit. A lot of their actions and a more then one of their board members really gives Bitcoin a bad name.
Jacobit

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:06:07 AM

Phinnaeus Gage  you have a cool  logo with half brain? Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:37:16 AM

Is Phinnaeus Gage still alive?
Where is he lately?
Did the BTC foundation and/ or Brock Pierced have him eliminated?  Shocked

I'm Phinnaeus Gage, Bruno Kucinskas. Said account is being used for collateral for a loan.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:49:54 AM

*snip*

*snip*

Privacy? For this particular instance? We're all aware of the all the players involved, hence privacy is a moot issue.

Besides, we're only talking about $100K here. Recall, last year there was an infamous $1M USD transaction by HashTrade to BFL via BitPay, and the official press release depicted the transaction, whereupon the tx/bitcoin wallet address was easily obtained and showcased, albeit I paid a bounty for said research at the time, later proved to be not needed because of the full disclosure.

At any rate, here's the original press release for that million dollar transaction: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11283333.htm

Here's the image on said PR depicting its validity: http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2013/10/29/11283333/gI_81188_1mm-BTC-Transfer.jpg (link included for somewhat larger pic)

BTW, the above transaction turned out to be fake because the bitcoin wallet address that HashTrade supposedly used turned out to belong to Butterfly Labs thanks to my invesitgation: https://blockchain.info/address/1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs

Sadly, nary a single Bitcoin-theme periodical has reported either of my findings, as if the subject is taboo or infected with ebola, thus not wanting to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:02:04 AM

IIRC, the Shrem Karpelès & Friends Foundation explicitly promised that all the bitcoins sent to them would be received at that address, as part of their pledge to be transparent.  Am I wrong?

TBF is a 501c3 nonprofit, they don't have a choice but to report it or they're breaking the law. Have a look:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/static/2014/05/Bitcoin-2013-990-PDC.pdf

Thanks to the link, I discovered The Hole of Roy LLC, then https://twitter.com/cryptocurrency/following registered at the same address. Note who Bitcoin Project follows (there's only 5).

The domain name was registered by Jon Matonis: https://twitter.com/jonmatonis

Jon Matonis
@jonmatonis
Executive Director, Bitcoin Foundation. Previously CEO of Hushmail and Chief FX Dealer for VISA. Editor of The Monetary Future.

Washington, DC | London, UK
 themonetaryfuture.blogspot.com
 Joined January 2010

Looks to me like he has all the ingredients to be Satoshi Nakamoto.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:22:14 AM

The above is accurate, except for the part of the account being sold. BTW, I would entertain selling it to pay off the balance and pocket the change, with BurtW acting as escrow if anybody's interested.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:24:08 AM

I've yet to mine a single satoshi with any type of bitcoin mining rig.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:30:17 AM

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/static/2014/05/Bitcoin-2013-990-PDC.pdf

The above was last year's return, thus won't reflect this year's $100K payment to TBF from KnC.

Note Gavin's ~210K USD yearly salary, even though he's on record in stating that he could easily retire off the bitcoins he owns even though he hasn't mined in quite a while.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: