Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:48:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:03:33 AM

*snip*

TBF has yet to show proof that KnC did indeed paid for their Platinum Membership.

*snip*

This is the matter that needs to be addressed by TBF.

The reputation of TBF is already shot to hell; if they show some integrity around these concerns it might go some way to repairing it.

Kudos to Phinn for his artful exposé.

This is not an issue that needs addressing, imho. And bitcoiners of all people should understand that. Disclosing the address(es) used for payment could lead to significant breaches of privacy.

Anyone care to post their largest transaction for hordes of people to scrutinize and track?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:16:37 AM

This is not an issue that needs addressing, imho. And bitcoiners of all people should understand that. Disclosing the address(es) used for payment could lead to significant breaches of privacy.

IIRC, the Shrem Karpelès & Friends Foundation explicitly promised that all the bitcoins sent to them would be received at that address, as part of their pledge to be transparent.  Am I wrong?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:00:36 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 04:03:45 PM by QuestionAuthority

IIRC, the Shrem Karpelès & Friends Foundation explicitly promised that all the bitcoins sent to them would be received at that address, as part of their pledge to be transparent.  Am I wrong?

TBF is a 501c3 nonprofit, they don't have a choice but to report it or they're breaking the law. Have a look:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/static/2014/05/Bitcoin-2013-990-PDC.pdf

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:50:04 AM

Wow I just now noticed this thread, I gotta say throwing away $100k like that is kinda cool  Cheesy I would do something like that but only if I had at the very least 10,000 BTC.
Anyway, @Phinnaeus Gage it's a been a few months now since you joined, any regrets?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 10:39:48 AM

I don't think you know but I'm pretty sure he either got banned or left lol he probably won't be posting here unless he's got alt accounts I'm not aware of and is hiding amongst the newbies.
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:44:01 AM

*snip*

TBF has yet to show proof that KnC did indeed paid for their Platinum Membership.

*snip*

The reputation of TBF is already shot to hell; if they show some integrity around these concerns it might go some way to repairing it.

KNC probably just gave TBF a few ASICs instead of shipping them to their customers.  Cheesy
n0rBit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:09:22 PM

I don't think you know but I'm pretty sure he either got banned or left lol he probably won't be posting here unless he's got alt accounts I'm not aware of and is hiding amongst the newbies.

I think he got banned. Smiley
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:18:34 PM

Brunos's account is now @Gleb_Gamow.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:40:10 PM

TBF is a 501c3 nonprofit, they don't have a choice but to report it or they're breaking the law. Have a look:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbitcoinfoundation.org%2Fstatic%2F2014%2F05%2FBitcoin-2013-990-PDC.pdf&ei=kpE8VO6JEIyvogS5j4H4Cw&usg=AFQjCNHodHz_JcAps1rK5LTTGarnyAoO4A&sig2=eA81dti8WngqFvEDM0Budw&bvm=bv.77412846,d.cGU

I don't know what all that crap in the link is, but stripping it out the link works fine.

$91,637 in "Realized exchange loss" and $15,431 in fines and penalties? (p.14 24a, 24b)

Sheeesh....

Let's look at the assets they have.  Unrealized gains on investments $5,195,589 as of 12-31-13, but at that time BTC price was > 1100USD.  Now it's about 400, which would put unrealized gains on investments at $1,189,305.

Revenue $877k, expenses $-1467K, difference -590K.  

At current BTC prices we have ...

2014 = 1,189,305 - 590,000 = 599,305
2015 = 599,305 - 590,000 = 9,305

Bankrupt in 2016?  Unless some sugar daddies come in, but they have their price, don't they?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:07:40 PM

*snip*

*snip*

Anyone care to post their largest transaction for hordes of people to scrutinize and track?
Let me get this straight.  You are claiming that the inability of those who have looked at the blockchain to locate a transaction which validates the payment of the 100K is no problem.  You are claiming somehow that examining a PUBLIC DATABASE, the blockchain, for the presence or absence of a particular payment is "bad".

Certainly an interesting point of view....
n0rBit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

Brunos's account is now @Gleb_Gamow.

So is TBF bigger than bitcointalk?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:03:09 PM

*snip*

*snip*

Let me get this straight.  You are claiming that the inability of those who have looked at the blockchain to locate a transaction which validates the payment of the 100K is no problem.  You are claiming somehow that examining a PUBLIC DATABASE, the blockchain, for the presence or absence of a particular payment is "bad".

Certainly an interesting point of view....

I was wondering that too. That makes no sense unless you're just a TBF shill.

BTW: Thanks for cleaning that link up. It was late and I was tired so I just pasted the Google search link. I'll change it to yours.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:46:38 PM

BTW: Thanks for cleaning that link up. It was late and I was tired so I just pasted the Google search link. I'll change it to yours.

I don't know what it is with those stupid massively long Google search results.  If I search for a link to XYZ, I want XYZ.  I don't want....

https://Google.com followed by 300 characters of gibberish
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:05:28 AM

I don't know what it is with those stupid massively long Google search results.  If I search for a link to XYZ, I want XYZ.  I don't want....

Yeah, I don't know what that crap is either?

Usually I'd get rid of it but my head was bobbing and I thought screw it they'll figure it out. lol

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:02:40 AM

Google wants to know which search results you choose to follow.  Thus, instead of  giving you a plain URL to the site XYZ, it gives you a URL to Google.com that says "the user clicked on the site XYZ".  Google  takes note of that, and then redirects you to the site XYZ.

UpTo0.99

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:10:08 AM

I don't think they actually need to report individual donation TXs, but rather need to report the names of individual donors.

Similarly they do not need to report the actual "bank account numbers" (BTC addresses they received bitcoin in) but rather the state of their finances that are subject to government audit.

This is one example of how TBF is somewhat transparent (although it is probably the only example)

WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:41:14 AM

Legendary, indeed
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:21:50 AM

Wow this thread just reminded me, what ever happened to Phinnaeus? Did he say wether he was gOing out did he just vanIsh one day?
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:37:38 AM

Wow this thread just reminded me, what ever happened to Phinnaeus? Did he say wether he was gOing out did he just vanIsh one day?
Bruno is now @Gleb_Gamow.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:55:28 AM

Google wants to know which search results you choose to follow.  Thus, instead of  giving you a plain URL to the site XYZ, it gives you a URL to Google.com that says "the user clicked on the site XYZ".  Google  takes note of that, and then redirects you to the site XYZ.
Got it.  It's the string with the tracking data that Google could sell off to other companies which tells them your behavior relative to the link/subject/topic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: