Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 11:03:57 PM

Wow dude you just pay 100k to join there group why?
And if you want to do something to disrupt them why are you posting it for everyone to see?
Can someone explain what the TBF group is and does?

Surely, you're not one of those dudes that orders bitcoin miners from newly created websites sans reading the site or doing due diligence, are you?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 11:04:52 PM

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/support/

We only accept Bitcoin as payment for members dues. Our membership pricing is pegged directly to the market value of Bitcoin, updated on a daily basis. For current membership pricing options, please create an account.

To promote transparency and enforce fair voting procedures, we require a real name and address for all members. Please note that member dues paid to records that do not include a real name and mailable address will not be refunded.

For shits and giggles I wanted to see if I could sign up via using a fake name, address, and a zip code that doesn't even match the state I claimed to live in, let alone have a named street in an also made up city not located in said state. (DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, AND TRY IT YOURSELF)

Results: No problem whatsoever, whereupon I was greeted with the following:

https://members.bitcoinfoundation.org/membership/individual/payment

Payment Due

Thank you for signing up to become a member of the Bitcoin Foundation. Your membership will become active as soon as we receive payment of the amount shown at the Bitcoin address listed below. We will send you an email to let you know we have confirmed your payment and your membership is active.

Membership   Price   Address   
Annual   0.05 BTC   1Bs4fgUvdywU19J1DT6XmAT6CN2MuAwhWE (https://blockchain.info/address/1Bs4fgUvdywU19J1DT6XmAT6CN2MuAwhWE)

If you would like to change the membership type you’ve requested before making payment, please use the "Edit" button above.

The newly created bitcoin wallet address (0 tx) was generated on TBF's end, and not via some service provided, i.e. BitPay.

Surely, The Bitcoin Foundation isn't using their efforts as some sort of money laundering scheme as some have suggested, are they? With Brock Pierce at the helm, I'm sure if such were the case, the practice WILL be put a stop to.  Roll Eyes
FreebieZoner

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:06:07 PM

Wow dude you just pay 100k to join there group why?
And if you want to do something to disrupt them why are you posting it for everyone to see?
Can someone explain what the TBF group is and does?

Maybe because with the publicity,  they can't ignore him.  

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:09:17 PM

this could be quite interesting if PG did actually pay the dues.. all the drama that would ensue if he gets in and starts calling brock out. as a bystander, i would be at least entertained. so PG, how do you intend to bug him? and did you read all the fine print on membership.. as in could they just boot your ass and keep you BTC if you become such a nuisance? and if these guys are just taking the membership money to launder, don't you think that losing your 100k of btc kinda helps them out?
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:39:46 PM

I'm the Avenger and I approve this action Grin

Thumbs up PG. KNC are THE most disgusting company in the bitcoin landscape. They lied to and stabbed every single one of their customers - past and present - in the back with their Boden datacentre. Not to mention shipping a bunch of used and broken goods recently to people who paid $10k-$13k for the privilege.

This happened on practically the same day they were "welcomed" into TBF. The fact that this doesn't seem to matter to TBF says a lot about how vile both organisations are. KNC are completely fucking the active bitcoin community and TBF smile like they are oblivious and ignore it. If they are willing to see the community fucked and screwed over, it's very clear the TBF do not represent anyone except their own finanical interests. Their actions basically spell out their outlook - they are all greedy fucks trying to line their pockets and don't give a damn about the bitcoin community.

I'm all for cleaning up crypto, thanks for your work exposing the scum.

Travis Bitcoin: I think someone should just take this city bitcoin foundation and just... just flush it down the fuckin' toilet.

#cleanupcrypto

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:30:38 AM

Is it just me, or are some replying after only reading this thread's title, let alone the OP, let further alone the latest posts clearing showing that with reason I made the whole shit up?

Excuse me while I take a quick spin around Santa Monica in my new Yellow Lamborghini.
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:15:22 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 01:27:01 AM by EFFV

Awesome!!! Go get them! Grin

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:24:59 AM

If you've taught me one thing, phinn, it's to vet rather than believe. Can you sign a message with the private key or keys used to txfer $100k to the Bitcoin Foundation as well as the transaction?

To be clear, you asking me about my tx or KnC's tx?

Lol...sorry to break it to you, but there's more than one receiving address at the foundation. Each member gets their own address. Go to members.bitcoinfoundation.org, login, get your address and see for yourself.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:31:48 AM

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/support/

We only accept Bitcoin as payment for members dues. Our membership pricing is pegged directly to the market value of Bitcoin, updated on a daily basis. For current membership pricing options, please create an account.

To promote transparency and enforce fair voting procedures, we require a real name and address for all members. Please note that member dues paid to records that do not include a real name and mailable address will not be refunded.

For shits and giggles I wanted to see if I could sign up via using a fake name, address, and a zip code that doesn't even match the state I claimed to live in, let alone have a named street in an also made up city not located in said state. (DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, AND TRY IT YOURSELF)

Results: No problem whatsoever, whereupon I was greeted with the following:

https://members.bitcoinfoundation.org/membership/individual/payment

Payment Due

Thank you for signing up to become a member of the Bitcoin Foundation. Your membership will become active as soon as we receive payment of the amount shown at the Bitcoin address listed below. We will send you an email to let you know we have confirmed your payment and your membership is active.

Membership   Price   Address   
Annual   0.05 BTC   1Bs4fgUvdywU19J1DT6XmAT6CN2MuAwhWE (https://blockchain.info/address/1Bs4fgUvdywU19J1DT6XmAT6CN2MuAwhWE)

If you would like to change the membership type you’ve requested before making payment, please use the "Edit" button above.

The newly created bitcoin wallet address (0 tx) was generated on TBF's end, and not via some service provided, i.e. BitPay.

Surely, The Bitcoin Foundation isn't using their efforts as some sort of money laundering scheme as some have suggested, are they? With Brock Pierce at the helm, I'm sure if such were the case, the practice WILL be put a stop to.  Roll Eyes

Lol...the policy is no sock puppets. That's hard to implement. We've had "bill gates" and "warrem buffet" join too. What's not hard to implement is mailing a postcard with credentials required to vote. We may do this in the future and drop the voting rights deadline for signing up.

I ran this election Phinn...if you have _any_ questions about it, you can call me. I'll be in Chicago mid June if you'd like to chat over lunch or something. There's nothing to hide here.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:58:10 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 04:13:20 AM by mistfpga

Lol...the policy is no sock puppets. That's hard to implement. We've had "bill gates" and "warrem buffet" join too. What's not hard to implement is mailing a postcard with credentials required to vote. We may do this in the future and drop the voting rights deadline for signing up.

I ran this election Phinn...if you have _any_ questions about it, you can call me. I'll be in Chicago mid June if you'd like to chat over lunch or something. There's nothing to hide here.

wait a tick, so phinn is the only person who gets to hear what you say? he has asked the questions in this thread. why not answer them here? (please)

So, he has asked (in a fairly roundabout way) a couple of good questions. and you dont answer them but just say it was all fair and good. then say call me in june i might answer then, but only for you...

It is not just PG who is interested in the answers, hence the number of replies in this thread.

cheers,
steve

(btw, the postal thing is backward and easily duped - but hey ho, i guess it is not my problem. unfortunately bitcoin has bigger problems than tbf...)

edited to fix formatting.
this post wasnt meant to be demanding or rude, but if you are going to give info out (which you suggested you would) i would appreciate it if we could all hear.
sydneyjames

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:58:39 AM

Holy shit... I was happy to have one Bitcoin Embarrassed
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:22:36 AM

Ok, it's official. You are batshit insane. I wouldn't give TBF $100k if they all rimmed me then blew me.

What if they promised a reach-around during said actions? Then, maybe?

Lol!  Then it seems like it would be a slightly better deal.   If you want a promotion, break out the lotion.

Congrats on joining, were you welcomed with open arms?   When do you meet with Brock?  I am sure he will be happy to see you...
calaber24p

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

If this is life , then I prefer death !

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:37:10 AM

What if they promised a reach-around during said actions? Then, maybe?

You messed up man, I would have done all that for far less than 100k.  Holla at me Wink
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:38:09 AM

Is it just me, or are some replying after only reading this thread's title, let alone the OP, let further alone the latest posts clearing showing that with reason I made the whole shit up?

I am wondering if there is a connection between those posters and their signatures.

Anyway, I like the way you brought this to our attention. But if I understand it correctly "now" they have different bitcoin addresses for each membership payment. Is there any policy that they will still be transparent with that and show each payment on request of the community? So we could still see a 100K USD transaction around that time they joined.

Btw, my signature doesn't pay per post.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:56:30 AM

I am wondering if there is a connection between those posters and their signatures.

Anyway, I like the way you brought this to our attention. But if I understand it correctly "now" they have different bitcoin addresses for each membership payment. Is there any policy that they will still be transparent with that and show each payment on request of the community? So we could still see a 100K USD transaction around that time they joined.

Btw, my signature doesn't pay per post.

Thank you, bud, the same way I brought the Godfather of Bitcoin, Brock Pierce, to everybody's attention via, unfortunately, accusations of his past that was already on the mainstream media's RADAR, spearheading a fail campaign to not get him elected to the board of TBF - twice, due to a second round of voting.

Whether the voting was conducting fairly or not, he shouldn't have even been on the ballot due to his taint. In essence, TBF stuck it up our asses big time, and I, for one, who had money stolen from me via staff on this forum, is not going to taking it any longer.

Rubicon.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:14:57 AM

With apologies to those who congratulated me, I ask: WHERE THE FUCK IS PROOF THAT KnC MINER PAID THEIR $100K USD via BTC TO THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION FOR THEIR PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO BEING ABLE TO VOTE FOR BROCK PIERCE FOR THE EMPTY BOARD SEAT? It ain't fuckin' there, is it? Just like mine isn't there, to show, again with apologies, that these fucks can claim anything and nobody would even fuckin' look to see if it's true. Hell, most here took my statement as gospel because they trust me, just like we were trusting TBF. NOW, we find out we've been lied to by the very group that's suppose to protect us.
Great move!  Cheesy Cheesy

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:40:24 AM

You might be crazy but you are entertaining. I for one appreciate people keeping a wary eye on TBF. I don't pretend to know nearly enough to add useful commentary but I think a good conspiracy theory or two is a healthy thing.   

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:43:52 AM

You might be crazy but you are entertaining. I for one appreciate people keeping a wary eye on TBF. I don't pretend to know nearly enough to add useful commentary but I think a good conspiracy theory or two is a healthy thing.   

How did you like the part where I stealthy implied that you were the Ronco dude living in Texas and possibly in cohorts with Paul Snow, commencing with the veggie thing-a-ma-jig comment?
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:49:46 AM

How did you like the part where I stealthy implied that you were the Ronco dude living in Texas and possibly in cohorts with Paul Snow, commencing with the veggie thing-a-ma-jig comment?

I liked it. I actually grew up in west Texas so there is a dot to connect.   Wink

I wish I had bought bit coin when he did.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:51:39 AM

Well thats great. but can you tell in easy words that what are the benefits of this? will you have any say in the btc foundation?

Sure, bud. This thread is further proof that not many read past the OP prior to commenting so that they can post-and-run thanks to them having a paid sig in their profile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: