Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just paid the $100K USD via BTC to become a Platinum Member of TBF.  (Read 19881 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

Isn't that funny. Our big savior, TBF almighty, that was supposed to protect us against the evil governments is just another criminal enterprise. Priceless!

And, they could have carried on the ruse a tad longer if the Godfather of Bitcoin, Brock Pierce, wasn't so headstrong on taking over Mt Gox and being one of TBF's board members, not to mention KnC Miner becoming a Platinum Member via Brock's efforts to help seal the election.

BTW, I just doubled check my emails, and I DID NOT receive any election notice. Did anybody else?

Sadly, this is just the tip of the iceberg as we - no longer I - drill deeper.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:25:43 PM

Isn't that funny. Our big savior, TBF almighty, that was supposed to protect us against the evil governments is just another criminal enterprise. Priceless!

And, they could have carried on the ruse a tad longer if the Godfather of Bitcoin, Brock Pierce, wasn't so headstrong on taking over Mt Gox and being one of TBF's board members, not to mention KnC Miner becoming a Platinum Member via Brock's efforts to help seal the election.

BTW, I just doubled check my emails, and I DID NOT receive any election notice. Did anybody else?

History taught us that wherever there is anything of value, there is corruption.
Why should Bitcoin be any different?
Broseph Stalin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:27:11 PM

What, if any, effect do you guys think that this will have on the continued development of bitcoin, as well as the legitimacy and regulation thereof?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:46:47 PM

I didn't either. They need to dissolve the 501c soon or they are going to have to champion libertarian values from a US prison cell. Filing fraudulent tax returns is a stupid easy to prove crime. The IRS isn't like one of these SEC type pussy agencies. They will chase you to the ends of the earth.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopick03.pdf

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:52:51 PM

I estimate it is a 25:1 long-shot, but this transaction happened at about the right time in the right amount to be the KNC donation. Disclaimer: I only looked at about 15 blocks on April 27th.

225 BTC payment -- or is it a 25BTC payment?

The price of BTC on April 27th appears to have been between $460 and $430 USD.

There were even similarly sized payments in the same block. This one stood out due to the nice round even numbers (and limited number of inputs/outputs).

That address was first funded by BurtW last year April.

Yeah, Burt Wagner received those coins at 1BurtWEejbnKeBRsvcydJvsNztB1bXV5iQ. He has received 2546 to that address alone. Way to hodl Burt!
Thanks.  Now when someone asks me why my tag line (to the left over there <--) states "I no longer support vanity addresses" I can just send them to these posts.  And for anyone wondering:  yes, those are some of my addresses and yes, I am just as much and every bit an avid supporter and platinum member of TBF as Bruno.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:59:08 PM

What, if any, effect do you guys think that this will have on the continued development of bitcoin, as well as the legitimacy and regulation thereof?
Basically none.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:07:38 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 08:19:40 AM by QuestionAuthority

No effect. Gavin backed off a while back (possibly because he knew the the direction they were going). Bitcoin is written in a clumsy dinosaur language called C++. It's an old language from back in the 80's. Many coders are familiar with it and could take over. Although QT is a frigin nightmare that's hard to change without breaking something and it's better to have someone around that's very familiar with it someone new could ramp up within a few months.

TBF doesn't need to be around to make Bitcoin legitimate. It's legitimate because it's used. Legislation will move forward at the hands of bureaucrats. Millions and millions of dollars are necessary for PACs to sway legislation. I doubt TBF can just afford lunch for all of the people that need to be greased to alter the course of legislation enactment.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:09:58 PM

TradeFortress:  I am curious about something here.  In post #107 your response is an embedded image.  Why is that?

I estimate it is a 25:1 long-shot, but this transaction happened at about the right time in the right amount to be the KNC donation. Disclaimer: I only looked at about 15 blocks on April 27th.

There were even similarly sized payments in the same block. This one stood out due to the nice round even numbers (and limited number of inputs/outputs).

[start of embedded img]http://198.27.102.170/talk/v?i=12[end of embedded img]

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:10:31 PM

Yeah, Burt Wagner received those coins at 1BurtWEejbnKeBRsvcydJvsNztB1bXV5iQ. He has received 2546 to that address alone. Way to hodl Burt!
Thanks.  Now when someone asks me why my tag line (to the left over there <--) states "I no longer support vanity addresses" I can just send them to these posts.  And for anyone wondering:  yes, those are some of my addresses and yes, I am just as much and every bit an avid supporter and platinum member of TBF as Bruno.

LOL - congrats on your Platinum membership.

Sorry Burt, didn't mean to drag you into this.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:11:19 PM

I believe I saw a comment on the internet that's really appropriate for this moment.

Troll, troll, troll your boat, gently down the stream...
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

TradeFortress:  I am curious about something here.  In post #107 your response is an embedded image.  Why is that?
Fucking TradeFuckFace. Must be some kind of tracing image. God, I hate those so freaking much.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

What happens if TBF can't verify the payment was made. Re-election? Is Brock Pierce blocked from entry? Is KNC blocked from voting?
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:05:08 PM

What happens if TBF can't verify the payment was made. Re-election? Is Brock Pierce blocked from entry? Is KNC blocked from voting?

It would be impossible for TBF to forge a backdated transaction as big as the platinum membership fee. Their only way out is to say that the fee was paid by transfer of private key(s). If TBF cannot produce that, knc is obviously not a member and their vote is disqualified.

I don't know how the voting went. How many votes did BP win by?

cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:17:42 PM

It would be impossible for TBF to forge a backdated transaction as big as the platinum membership fee. Their only way out is to say that the fee was paid by transfer of private key(s). If TBF cannot produce that, knc is obviously not a member and their vote is disqualified.

I don't know how the voting went. How many votes did BP win by?

I know transaction can not be forged on the blockchain what I'm asking is if TBF can't verify the transaction (which they can't because it didn't happen) what procedure has to be followed? I'm under the understanding that that is the only address they said they can would for member fees, continuing membership etc. so I don't think they are even allowed to receive btc for membership in another address.

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:26:05 PM

I remember reading somewhere that, according to their bylaws, board members had to attend the meetings in person; but that requirement was promptly waived for Mark Karpelès.  Is that correct?  If so, they will probably just change the rules again, no?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 09:14:18 PM

I remember reading somewhere that, according to their bylaws, board members had to attend the meetings in person; but that requirement was promptly waived for Mark Karpelès.  Is that correct?  If so, they will probably just change the rules again, no?

You can read bylaws here. https://github.com/pmlaw/The-Bitcoin-Foundation-Legal-Repo/blob/master/Bylaws/Bylaws_of_The_Bitcoin_Foundation.md

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

LOL - congrats on your Platinum membership.

Sorry Burt, didn't mean to drag you into this.

Ditto. I neither, if he's a good guy, which I have no reason to think otherwise.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 10:37:29 PM

Fucking TradeFuckFace. Must be some kind of tracing image. God, I hate those so freaking much.

Don't worry! Once the full $1M is doled out to upgrade this forum, we won't have to worry about such any longer - plus, we'll be able to embed or change our avatar images.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:50:23 PM

Thanks.  I read, among other things:

Section 3.3(c) Limitations on Voting Rights of Members. Except as otherwise provided for by any Board of Directors resolution, no member shall have the right or be entitled to vote: (i) on a sale, lease, exchange, or other disposition of all or substantially all of the Corporation's assets; (ii) on a merger of the Corporation; (iii) on a dissolution or reorganization of the Corporation; or (iv) on amendments to the Corporation's Articles or Bylaws.
Who in sane mind would join an association that has something like 3.3(c)(iv) in its bylaws?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 10:58:29 PM

Thanks.  I read, among other things:

Section 3.3(c) Limitations on Voting Rights of Members. Except as otherwise provided for by any Board of Directors resolution, no member shall have the right or be entitled to vote: (i) on a sale, lease, exchange, or other disposition of all or substantially all of the Corporation's assets; (ii) on a merger of the Corporation; (iii) on a dissolution or reorganization of the Corporation; or (iv) on amendments to the Corporation's Articles or Bylaws.
Who in sane mind would join an association that has something like 3.3(c)(iv) in its bylaws?

And, why pay $100K USD to have the privilege of not being able to do such? Remember, Brock Pierce had a major hand in developing KnC, in spite of him stating that he ONLY oversees the Chinese market aspect, as if KnC's other partners weren't versed in how to tap into said market to sell a few thousand miners. Give me a break!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: