Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][X11/X13] X11 (Darkcoin)/X13 (Marucoin) miner (based on sph-sgminer)  (Read 351506 times)
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:17:18 AM

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Have been using the 5/28 version of this miner for a while with little problems.  Have been getting around 4-4.5 mh/s on my 290x cards (seems that is low from others recent posts!), but recently started experiencing my AMD driver crashing which forces a reboot in order to mine again.  Never had this issue at all on my main pc but my spare has been doing it for a while when I try to work on it while mining, this has been a minor issue since I never do much work on my spare, but now that my main is doing it I must resolve the problem so I can mine while working!

My current AMD driver version is 13.350.1005.0

My bat file that I run while working on my main pc is.........

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://canna.suprnova.cc:4442 -u user.worker -p mypassword -I 15,20 -g 1,1 -w 128,128

Any advice on boosting performance and ending these crashes?

Thanks so much!!

I don't know about the crashes, but I do know with badman74's repo you may be able to get 6MH/s on your 290X. I've got 7.9MH/s with my version, so sounds about right.

What is "badman74's repo"?  Is this different than what is posted in the OP?

OMG this is getting frustrating, I cannot get SGMiner to stop crashing on this pc for the life of me.  I have another pc with 2 of the exaxt same cards and they run stable as can be.

Updated the driver from 13.25 to 14.1 and still crashes about 5-10 minutes after starting, runs great at about 5.4 mh/s then the display driver crashes and SGMiner follows shortly after.  I have mined with SGMiner on both these PCs for months with no problems until now.  Tried completely removing all AMD drivers and other crap, reinstalling everything.....same thing, crashes after a few minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:26:26 PM

OMG this is getting frustrating, I cannot get SGMiner to stop crashing on this pc for the life of me.  I have another pc with 2 of the exaxt same cards and they run stable as can be.

Updated the driver from 13.25 to 14.1 and still crashes about 5-10 minutes after starting, runs great at about 5.4 mh/s then the display driver crashes and SGMiner follows shortly after.  I have mined with SGMiner on both these PCs for months with no problems until now.  Tried completely removing all AMD drivers and other crap, reinstalling everything.....same thing, crashes after a few minutes.

Sounds like one of your settings is too aggressive with the update(s). Try scaling back engine/memory speeds to stock and see how it runs. If those aren't the problem try a bare-bones profile and then rebuild the settings until you find the problem. Hopefully that will do it.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:44:21 PM

Sounds like one of your settings is too aggressive with the update(s). Try scaling back engine/memory speeds to stock and see how it runs. If those aren't the problem try a bare-bones profile and then rebuild the settings until you find the problem. Hopefully that will do it.

Thanks for the response bud, I am not sure what I could back off of to be honest though.  I have been running a very simplified config the whole time, months without issue.

Here is my bat file, am not using a config..............

sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://canna.suprnova.cc:4442 -u JustMe.1 -p pass -I 20 -g 1 -w 128
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

Have been using the 5/28 version of this miner for a while with little problems.  Have been getting around 4-4.5 mh/s on my 290x cards (seems that is low from others recent posts!), but recently started experiencing my AMD driver crashing which forces a reboot in order to mine again.  Never had this issue at all on my main pc but my spare has been doing it for a while when I try to work on it while mining, this has been a minor issue since I never do much work on my spare, but now that my main is doing it I must resolve the problem so I can mine while working!

sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://canna.suprnova.cc:4442 -u user.worker -p mypassword -I 15,20 -g 1,1 -w 128,128

Thanks so much!!

I don't know about the crashes, but I do know with badman74's repo you may be able to get 6MH/s on your 290X. I've got 7.9MH/s with my version, so sounds about right.

This: https://github.com/badman74

Thanks!  Had not seen that before, will give it a go and see how she does.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:08:37 PM

Thanks so much!!

This: https://github.com/badman74

Thanks!  Had not seen that before, will give it a go and see how she does.

I 18 g 2 w 64 seems to work well for me.

Are you running a 290x card bud?  Don't understand how it could be the settings as I have been mining with these settings for many months and have been very stable with no issues.  In fact am running these settings on 2 cards in my other pc with no problems, getting about 5.4 mh/s on them both.  The problematic pc runs at the same speed for about 10 minutes usually before the graphics driver crashes. 

Gonna try to update the SDK from 2.9 to 2.9.1 to see if any different there.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:09:06 PM

Wow this is a very frustrating problem!!  I have tired numerous versions of SGMiner, updated drivers as well as the SDK package.  Nothing I seem to do changes anything, SGMiner runs for a few minutes and then the driver crashes taking SGMiner with it:-(  Having had mined for many months with this pc and card I just don't get it!

Getting more desperate I am now running virus and malware scans on the pc, haven't a clue what else to try at this point.  Starting to wonder if the card itself is not going bad or something.  Gonna suck big time if I cannot mine anymore with this pc:-(
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:14:12 AM

Wow this is a very frustrating problem!!  I have tired numerous versions of SGMiner, updated drivers as well as the SDK package.  Nothing I seem to do changes anything, SGMiner runs for a few minutes and then the driver crashes taking SGMiner with it:-(  Having had mined for many months with this pc and card I just don't get it!

Getting more desperate I am now running virus and malware scans on the pc, haven't a clue what else to try at this point.  Starting to wonder if the card itself is not going bad or something.  Gonna suck big time if I cannot mine anymore with this pc:-(

Have you tried my settings?

Yeah bud I sure did, same thing......hashed great for a few minutes then driver crashed.  Not knowing what else to try after that, I shut everything down to run some full scans on my PC.  I find it VERY strange of all the various things I have tried, that NOTHING except the hashrate has changed with all of these changes.  Runs great for a few minutes, then driver crashes.

Want to wait until I get through the virus and malware scans before moving forward, but I am so frustrated with this I am willing to offer a few days of mining to anyone that can help me resolve this problem!
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:10:21 AM

Yeah bud I sure did, same thing......hashed great for a few minutes then driver crashed.  Not knowing what else to try after that, I shut everything down to run some full scans on my PC.  I find it VERY strange of all the various things I have tried, that NOTHING except the hashrate has changed with all of these changes.  Runs great for a few minutes, then driver crashes.

Want to wait until I get through the virus and malware scans before moving forward, but I am so frustrated with this I am willing to offer a few days of mining to anyone that can help me resolve this problem!
and that the video card you have
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:30:11 AM

and that the video card you have

I'm sorry bud, are you asking what card I have?

If yes, I have Sapphire Tri (something) 290X cards.  2 in my main machine and one in my spare.  Is the one in my spare that I am having probs with all of a sudden.

I got through my scans and found nothing.  I am at a complete loss at this point.  I have been mining a Quark algo coin on the machine for a couple hours to test, has not had a single issue.  Tried another X11 and of course crashes. 

I am happy to offer 3 days of mining on this card if anyone can help me fix these crashes.
yudhistira

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:20:20 PM

Wolf0

[/quote]Getting above 5.7MH/s stable with my 280X on X11, using a kernel I heavily modified.
290X is getting 6.5MH/s at (almost) stock clocks, that is, 1000/1500.
7950 pulling around 4.87MH/s at 1120/1500.
And 270X getting 3.53MH/s at 1150/1500.
[/quote]

Let us try your modified x11 kernel
make us happy with you

my 280x only get max 4.2 Mhs  Huh Huh

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

Hi Jim.

If you are seeing the "driver has stopped.. but recovered" message :

- use GPUz to confirm that the hardware /specs are being reported properly
- are the gpus are running the same bios version ?
- refresh the thermal paste and reseat the vrm pads/ heatsink
- downclock the gpu core to AMD's stock settings

gl

yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:03:11 PM

Wolf0
Getting above 5.7MH/s stable with my 280X on X11, using a kernel I heavily modified.

make us happy with you

Nah, I sold it exclusively. If you're curious, though, I got my 290X up to 8MH/s at 1040/1500, 280X still at 5.7MH/s, 7950 at 5MH/s, and 270X at 2.6MH/s.

I am interesting but maybe just give you some donate
sell modified kernel, that's not a good idea when the other gives us as a free and a good service

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:14:57 AM

Wolf0
Getting above 5.7MH/s stable with my 280X on X11, using a kernel I heavily modified.

make us happy with you

Nah, I sold it exclusively. If you're curious, though, I got my 290X up to 8MH/s at 1040/1500, 280X still at 5.7MH/s, 7950 at 5MH/s, and 270X at 2.6MH/s.

sell modified kernel, that's not a good idea when the other gives us as a free and a good service

I did it better, and so I sold it. If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Besides, what service? As soon as a better kernel is published, the difficulty goes up just as much. You'll make the same amount you did before - no one wins.

It is good for the community and the little miners because there will be less difference between them and the big miners who use private software like your customers do.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:16:59 PM

Wolf0

make us happy with you

I did it better, and so I sold it. If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Besides, what service? As soon as a better kernel is published, the difficulty goes up just as much. You'll make the same amount you did before - no one wins.

It is good for the community and the little miners because there will be less difference between them and the big miners who use private software like your customers do.

They're still making almost the same amount before and after - it may be why people don't donate. Why would they? It doesn't really benefit them much.

actually those kernels usually are GPL2/3, so you have to make it public

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
alexzerg11

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:02:53 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 05:31:32 AM by alexzerg11

deleted old post
270x (1210Mhz) - 3030kh on X11
PeteAugustus

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:13:41 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 05:22:40 AM by PeteAugustus

I would like to XMGpoolminerWin32, which will be launched with a lower priority "belownormal".
(For example, the so-run vplotgenerator)

is this your development?  What is it suppose to do?
srbty

Activity: 135

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:10:35 PM

Asus 280x dc2t:

sgminer_x11x13mod_03_06_2014; driver 14.9
core voltage 1150mV; core clock 1150; mem clock 1500;

.bat:
sgminer.exe -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://xxxxxxxxx:12345 -u x -p x
 -g 4 -I 19 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192

=3.83Mh
ballot

Activity: 969

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:31:43 AM

sgminer 4.1.0 - Started: [2014-10-16 11:30:24] - [0 days 00:00:36]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(5s):534.4K (avg):548.9Kh/s | A:0  R:0  HW:1  WU:0.000/m
ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 2  LW: 40  GF: 0  RF: 0
Connected to yaamp.com:3533 (stratum) diff 0.016 as user 171****
Block: 10616785...  Diff:122  Started: [11:30:37]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[P]ool management [G]PU management Settings Display options [Q]uit
 GPU 0:                | 540.9K/548.9Kh/s | A:0 R:  0.0% HW:2 WU:0.000/m I:12

i waited for a half hour no any success share
aristokrat

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:44:43 PM

Guys, a friend of mine just downloaded the miner. I advised him to mine in trademybit since I know it's a good multipool. The thing is, I have no idea how to help him configure his card since I have never mined since the release of dogecoin.

His GPU is the HD 7770. Any advice? Configuration command and such?
my configs hd 7770 at x11 and x13 https://www.dropbox.com/s/al929arxy4c3jk1/sph-sgminer_x11modx13modConf.zip
Smiley  lasybear's miner

dropbox link isnt work. Is anyone here with this config?

BG!
Coin-Moron

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:54:32 AM

No luck for me, with new Kernel and 14.6 still the same hashrate 3.4 Mh/s. any indeas?
Delete .bin files \ try to use my config\.bin

I dont get it. Can someone explain this?
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: