Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowden should 'man-up' and face trial: says SOS John Kerry  (Read 4136 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:25:20 PM

I vote libertarian.
Because a vote for lesser of two evils is simply a vote to perpetuate the rotten 2 party system.

Voting for Libertarians might work in the local elections. But it will never have the effect in the national elections, as the latter is more polarized towards the two-party system.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:28:46 PM

I vote libertarian.
Because a vote for lesser of two evils is simply a vote to perpetuate the rotten 2 party system.

Voting for Libertarians might work in the local elections. But it will never have the effect in the national elections, as the latter is more polarized towards the two-party system.

The point isn't to have a direct effect.  The point is withdrawal support.  Refusing to vote works too.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:56:58 PM

Refusing to vote works too.

Refusing to vote might work if the majority of the population boycotts the polling. But if only some 2-3% is doing that, then no one is going to give a rat's a$$ about it.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:57:33 PM

Proud to say that the only presidential candidate I ever voted for was Gary Johnson Smiley

Voting for the Libertarian Party candidates is a waste. They hardly ever get more than 2% of the vote (Gary Johnson received just 0.99% of the vote). They only helps the Democrats, by eating away the GOP vote.

Fuck you, I would love to vote for the Libertarian party in my country but they don't even show up in a lot of the polling stations!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:02:07 PM

Refusing to vote works too.

Refusing to vote might work if the majority of the population boycotts the polling. But if only some 2-3% is doing that, then no one is going to give a rat's a$$ about it.

Right.

And if everyone thought like you and continued to support a corrupt system, then nothing would ever change.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:02:36 PM

Fuck you, I would love to vote for the Libertarian party in my country but they don't even show up in a lot of the polling stations!

That is the problem. What is the use in voting for a party, which is not even represented in most of the ballot papers? A better option might be to support the Libertarian section within the GOP.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 02:05:37 PM

Bullshit, by voting for these people you are not only conforming to their system and their rules you are reinforcing political corruption and encouraging them to carry on as they are, here in the UK the main parties are absolutely terrified because of the mass low turnout and the fact that people are switching over to the minor parties, we had something like a 35% - 38% turnout in the local elections just recently and they are running around desperately trying to figure out how to get our votes and there is even a public debate and discussion going on about it.

Conformism is for cowards who aren't prepared to fight for real change, not taking part in a system is making a statement about that system itself because it requires people participating to exist.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:02:11 PM

That is the problem. What is the use in voting for a party, which is not even represented in most of the ballot papers? A better option might be to support the Libertarian section within the GOP.
That is exactly what we need to do. I used to be an LP dues paying member from like age 14-25ish and went to the meetings and did petition drives but Ron Paul punched the libertarians ticket in the GOP and now it's alive and well. We now have Paul, Cruz and Lee in the US Senate and Amash, Massie, Sanford and a host of other great libertarian-leaning republicans in the House + more coming this next election. Many of us are party delegates as well as many tea party conservatives and we unite at county, district and state conventions to support the better leadership picks (anti-establishment). I use the LP nowadays merely as a protest vote since there's not much difference between a neocon and a liberal nutball unless the lib is very progressive in their civil liberties stances. But, the LP does field candidates where we have a great republican nominee (anti-establishment) and that pisses me off to no end and then they just become a pest, esp if they're bought and paid by the left.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:06:57 PM

Opinions on Rand Paul?
I'd probably vote for him this time around
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:07:22 PM

Ron Paul punched the libertarians ticket in the GOP and now it's alive and well. We now have Paul, Cruz and Lee in the US Senate and Amash, Massie, Sanford and a host of other great libertarian-leaning republicans in the House + more coming this next election. Many of us are party delegates as well as many tea party conservatives and we unite at county, district and state conventions to support the better leadership picks (anti-establishment).

Yes. We should make sure that more Libertarian candidates are elected in the various Republican primaries. Also, whenever such a candidate is standing in the general elections, we should support him.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:12:32 PM

Opinions on Rand Paul?

The Libertarian party quite effectively summed up Rand Paul when they said he betrayed the core libertarian principles. There's a reason Paul caucuses with the GOP. His so called social libertarian positions (as far as marijuana is concerned) are only a compromise to pander to the younger GOP support base. In reality, he's far from libertarian views on society, and his views on same-sex marriage prove it.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:20:27 PM

for many of us, those that have interest in new money and avoiding the coming relentless restraints place by the US govt inc, it's more beneficial to go to St. Kitts, Puerto Rico or some such place
Uh?
Isn't Puerto Rico an US territory?
Did I miss something?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:23:47 PM

Opinions on Rand Paul?

The Libertarian party quite effectively summed up Rand Paul when they said he betrayed the core libertarian principles. There's a reason Paul caucuses with the GOP. His so called social libertarian positions (as far as marijuana is concerned) are only a compromise to pander to the younger GOP support base. In reality, he's far from libertarian views on society, and his views on same-sex marriage prove it.

I wonder how he deviated so much from his father.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:35:13 PM

Opinions on Rand Paul?

He hasn't.
"We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% the same on issues." "People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me." --Ron Paul
Rand is just packaging the liberty message for broader appeal; something his dad was too set in his ways to do. Between the media demagoguing Ron's presentation of the issues and declaring him a kook/quixotic/unelectable, it's very important that Rand make his stances bullet proof from all that. Also, he's trying to reclaim the GOP from the neocons so his version of libertarian populism is working well especially on the NSA front.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:38:35 PM

He hasn't.

Exactly.
He isn't that much different from Ron, in my opinion.
In fact, Ron Paul was more hardline on national defense, abortion and the like.
His post 9/11 positions were hardly a good defense of civil liberties

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:40:30 PM

Opinions on Rand Paul?

After many decades, the American public might be having the opportunity to vote for a winnable Libertarian candidate in 2016. But it needs to be seen whether he will be able to win the GOP nomination.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

Opinions on Rand Paul?

After many decades, the American public might be having the opportunity to vote for a winnable Libertarian candidate in 2016. But it needs to be seen whether he will be able to win the GOP nomination.

http://2016.republican-candidates.org/

Forgive my ignorance, but who are the most likely candidates in this camp?
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:06:10 PM

If the republican party had won the last election, it would be one of their morons reading out the speech about Snowden being a traitor, and should man-up and go live the rest of his life in a supermax....instead you have a democrat moron reading out the speech. ( sorry to drag this discussion back on theme )

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:42:41 PM

If the republican party had won the last election, it would be one of their morons reading out the speech about Snowden being a traitor, and should man-up and go live the rest of his life in a supermax....instead you have a democrat moron reading out the speech. ( sorry to drag this discussion back on theme )
Snowden has to start own election campaign in RF, get a seat in the parliament along with legislative immunity. Then introduce for some anti-Obama bill to become sanctioned person... That would be the maximum trolling mode Cheesy

taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

Heh,

Hard to say what his next move could be. Eventually when all is said and done, he will only have one other option and that would be to return and face the music, either that of a grab team will get him and bring him back by force.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: