Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

Did Xander Shepherd quit XC and join nhz? Pizpie also?  Sorry, but communication by XC regarding side projects has seriously been lacking.

Neither of us have 'quit XC'.
My roll in XC has always been helping to manage our social media, network with potential investors and media contacts, and act as a consultant. I do not code for XC.

"NICK COTE
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER / CONSULTANT "

Xander is even listed as the web developer. He also helps out with the linux side of things. My role

"XANDER SHEPHERD
WEB DEVELOPER "

Source: http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/

On top of my role in XC since May 26'th, I am also the founder of 'Cryptopia' and have recently begun to manage NHZ.
All of which are my own, separate ventures.
Dan is helping in a support capacity: Dealing with a code review, and consultation.

If you look at our team announcement for NHZ, http://forum.nhzcrypto.org/index.php/topic,422.msg2011.html#msg2011
you will see that there is a very large team of coders and marketing staff.

In no way does Dan's involvement take away from his constant devotion and hard work for XC.
Proof of this is shown in his work and releases in the past few months.
Work on XC has always been the main focus, and won't be changing.
The same was said when he announced his code reviews. Which I would like to remind everyone that was for a benefit of everyone in crypto-currency who were looking to invest in coins. It added a layer of security and verification before people would invest their hard earned money.
XC is a unique and promising project, and the entire team mentioned in the 'XC Team' section on the website is involved and committed to developing and promoting XC. This has never changed, and never will.
We can only continue to grow, innovate, and expand.

If you have any concerns, feel free to PM me anytime or e-mail me: ncote@xc-official.com

thats what i was waiting for. nothing more. thanks,
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:33:28 PM

All I'm saying is communication and transparency could improve.

I agree completely. Unfortunately the NHZ announcement was in response to a panic and there was no way that we might've co-ordinated things. Man, I wish I'd known!

So yes, I *really* want to keep you all in the loop. I'm just not necessarily in a position to, since other teams are not in communication with me.

But I'll continue to try, hard.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

So let's get this straight:

XC team members are not employees.

They support XC and devote significant resources to it.

But they do not work exclusively for XC.

Expect to find that people have other commitments. This is not detrimental to XC, it's life.

It is not necessary that we clarify or get the community's permission every time someone does something.

dude you pic fights where there are none. one post like pizpies and it would have been settled. sometimes i don't get your logic. one or two sentences of insight was to much?

Anyway looking forward to hearing more. the last colaborations been fruitfull not so much in price but in overal perception.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:38:17 PM

I am actually sorry for you, because you have taken a lot of bullets for the team. I believe you are doing your best, but really, things like the NHZ annon aren't helping a lot, I believe you should be given much more responsibility and intiative by the team on your part, because I am certain XC would have been way more undervalued right now hadn't it been for your commitment to it, and all the time you spend in the forums.

For me XC is like a small "bonfire" on the making, needing one big spark to set it on. There have been many small and medium ones, but no big one. All the shitcoins exposure, and the weird times BTC is facing arent helping either. I think a big spark could be the BTC privacy bounty, the code review by a really prominent BTC member, or even a completely crypto-unrelated third party. Whatever the case(and call me greedy if you wish), I believe that apart from the tech, XC team should commit on finding a way(like xmixers for example) to reward early adopters and motivate new investors, be it shares relative to XC holdings, fees, etc. Some ideas might sound naive but they are just suggestions.

All in all, can't w8 for tomorrows news, and/or some rev2.5/rev3 release date teasing

Thank you Policymaker. Much appreciated.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:43:50 PM

Expect to find that people have other commitments. This is not detrimental to XC, it's life.

It is not necessary that we clarify or get the community's permission every time someone does something.

dude you pic fights where there are none.

Perhaps, but it's on behalf of the team's growing frustration about how our ethic of collaboration and mutual beneficence gets interpreted as somehow betraying XC.

This is a perception that we all feel needs to change. It's important to us.

one post like pizpies and it would have been settled. sometimes i don't get your logic. one or two sentences of insight was to much?

We were discussing what to say. Anyone could've posted that. It just so happened that Nick did.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:45:24 PM

As long as they don't steal synechist from us Im compleatly fine LOLZ ahahaha

stop whining people

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

Did Xander Shepherd quit XC and join nhz? Pizpie also?

Xander does XC's Linux releases. Pizpie does social media and a whole lot of quality networking.

Nothing has changed in this regard.

Nothing's new about this either. They've both always been involved in several projects. Go look up their post histories.

I am actually sorry for you, because you have taken a lot of bullets for the team. I believe you are doing your best, but really, things like the NHZ annon aren't helping a lot, I believe you should be given much more responsibility and intiative by the team on your part, because I am certain XC would have been way more undervalued right now hadn't it been for your commitment to it, and all the time you spend in the forums.

Gotta +1 this too.

You are a true asset to the community Arlyn, can't imagine what it would be like without your constant updates and general positivity.

Seems unfortunate when these kind of situations occur, you seem to get left out of the loop and then take all the shit afterwards! haha.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:47:13 PM

Perhaps, but it's on behalf of the team's growing frustration about how our ethic of collaboration and mutual beneficence gets interpreted as somehow betraying XC.

one post like pizpies and it would have been settled. sometimes i don't get your logic. one or two sentences of insight was to much?

We were discussing what to say. Anyone could've posted that. It just so happened that Nick did.

Collaboration is one thing. Team members joining another coins team is completely different and looks bad no matter how you spin it. Spreading your resources thin is always bad.
cryptico

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:48:16 PM

Collaboration is one thing. Team members joining another coins team is completely different and looks bad no matter how you spin it. Spreading your resources thin is always bad.

Does not look bad to me....we still don't even know what this will bring to xc... stop whining..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
gadgetnerd

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:49:46 PM

Does not look bad to me....we still don't even know what this will bring to xc... stop whining..

+1 stop whining or tell us what you can do for XC. There is to many here acting like they own the place..

battbot

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:51:31 PM

+1 stop whining or tell us what you can do for XC. There is to many here acting like they own the place..

I'm offering up my opinion, that's all. Obviously, you are free to disagree.
cryptico

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:54:10 PM

Why didn't you tell us evil XC PR Member

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:54:42 PM

Team members joining another coins team looks bad no matter how you spin it.

That's precisely what I'm trying to suggest is a misperception.

I'll give an example from my own life:

- I do analytical philosophical research into sign action

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All of these "spread my resources thinner". But this is not a problem. It's life.

The basic fact is that joining another team is an act of community. People join because their friends have a project that they're keen to help with. The perception that there is competition, scarce time-resources, and thus a "betrayal" in joining another team, is just the wrong paradigm. This is community. It's intertwined. It's close-nit. And it's superabundant in resources. There is no scarcity. There are only plentiful networks. When XC needs something, what do you know? Many people come forward to provide it. This will not change.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:00:18 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All of these "spread my resources thinner". But this is not a problem. It's life.

The basic fact is that joining another team is an act of community. People join because their friends have a project that they're keen to help with. The perception that there is competition, scarce time-resources, and thus a "betrayal" in joining another team, is just the wrong paradigm. This is community. It's intertwined. It's close-nit. And it's superabundant in resources. There is no scarcity. There are only plentiful networks. When XC needs something, what do you know? Many people come forward to provide it. This will not change.

So I suppose the shareholders of Apple or Microsoft would cheer if Tim Cook or Satya Nadella were to "co-join" another company under the guise of "community."
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:03:29 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

So I suppose the shareholders of Apple or Microsoft would cheer if Tim Cook or Satya Nadella were to "co-join" another company under the guise of "community."

Their contract would forbid it, also all creative rights when employed by those companies goes out the window, you come up with a million dollar idea, be sure that it will be ripped from you faster than a crack addict after a fix
georgeblair

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:05:38 PM

Collaboration within the cryptocurrency community at large (like any community) is important to the success and innovation of crypto in general. You can't expect a new space like crypto to thrive and grow if it remains insular and afraid to reach out to other coins.

Besides, it's not like those XC members are taking over those other coins (and abandoning XC).

PS. No collaboration of the XC goat though. That will not stand.  Cheesy
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Good point. The shareholders would be outraged.

So yes, the situations are not analogous:

- Crypto is fluid, communal, and not held together by legal contracts.

- This makes it vastly more innovative and flexible than corporations.

- It also makes it vastly less small-minded than the corporate scarcity-dominated mentality.

- Community fosters superabundance. Anything that does this is beautiful and should not be replaced by a dynamic that creates scarcity.

Big up for community!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:08:35 PM

[ snip ]

Just so's you know, for every person whining there are 10 out here wondering what the hell the issue is - most of us know that we are buying in to and supporting a fantastic project and do not doubt any of your commitment every time you interact with other coins.

And one other comment for our community is that the coins that eventually win out from the gazillions will be the ones that have a gained respect and trust and recognition throughout the altcoin universe, not the ones that pretend every other coin is shit and should be shunned.  
battbot

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:09:58 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Their contract would forbid it, also all creative rights when employed by those companies goes out the window, you come up with a million dollar idea, be sure that it will be ripped from you faster than a crack addict after a fix

That's exactly my point -- These elements are in place for a reason.  Their contract would forbid it and they surrender creative rights to help ensure the success of the company and protect shareholders.  
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:11:18 PM

Collaboration within the cryptocurrency community at large (like any community) is important to the success and innovation of crypto in general. You can't expect a new space like crypto to thrive and grow if it remains insular and afraid to reach out to other coins.

Besides, it's not like those XC members are taking over those other coins (and abandoning XC).

PS. No collaboration of the XC goat though. That will not stand.  Cheesy
What is with the XC goat?
Pages: « 1 ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: