Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 [1374] 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

When is the mac wallet ready? We want to mix too
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sabretooth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:30:55 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 06:45:35 AM by Sabretooth

Lastly, I think you guys are missing a few tricks marketing-wise, there are a couple of small issues I have with design and brand colors and such (I am a professional in this area), but the biggest issue is the name. XCurrency is not the best of names. It is too long and does not work well for people who have a different native language than English (try to say 'Xcurrency' if you are Spanish for example).

I agree, but so are most alt coins except a handful e.g. ETH and DRK RPL.  These are  packaged very, very well and as a result have had mass market acceptance.

I do believe the XC branding is fine once the coin has the mass market adoption.  ((There are many aspects that can be used well.  The colour green is the colour of money, which is a plus.  The dark green gives it an anonymous edge.  The logo communicates strength (but is somewhat a little masculine).  The XCurrency can eventually be shortened to XC.  And the X be used in the same way Apple use i...xChat, xChange, xMixer, xNet, xWallet etc.))  The question is, is the current branding a barrier to mass adoption.  If the tech is really good, than the answer is no, if its just average then probably yes.  I am making my bet that the tech will be well above average.  It would be extra awesome however if the branding matched this, unfortunately I currently have no ideas on how it can be improved.  It would be great if you had some suggestions.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Buying BTC.

Buying XC.
five8andten

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:55:32 AM

mwahaha!  Was able to pick up another 1k just now.  Working so much is allowing me to play finally haha.

1K!! wow, im happy when i can buy 10!

yeahhhh....I happened to check my account and saw I had a lil more than I thought so I bought me some bitcoin.

HYP - pURCi5HeWabYfF3WoCuAWRCWz5G1hxuhMz
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:23:04 AM

Sorry I didn't want to read through pages of information. Couple of questions:
1) When is open source expected?
2) When is independent code review expected?
2) When is your private transaction system expected to finished (final REV)?

I'm trying to determine whether I should buy some XC (I used to own some, but then I dumped it, it was possibly a mistake). XC is possibly better than other privacy related coins I own, but timelines are very important to me.

Lastly, I think you guys are missing a few tricks marketing-wise, there are a couple of small issues I have with design and brand colors and such (I am a professional in this area), but the biggest issue is the name. XCurrency is not the best of names. It is too long and does not work well for people who have a different native language than English (try to say 'Xcurrency' if you are Spanish for example).

Thanks for response.

So let me get this straight. You don't want to dyor, you want quick easy answers, and you want to tell the team how to brand themselves. Yet last week you were in the dark thread bragging about dumping your xcurrency and proclaiming how you want nothing to do with Synechist. Get out of town guy.
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:03:33 AM

I'm trying to determine whether I should buy some XC (I used to own some, but then I dumped it, it was possibly a mistake). XC is possibly better than other privacy related coins I own, but timelines are very important to me.

Thanks for response.

So let me get this straight. You don't want to dyor, you want quick easy answers, and you want to tell the team how to brand themselves. Yet last week you were in the dark thread bragging about dumping your xcurrency and proclaiming how you want nothing to do with Synechist. Get out of town guy.

to be fair he did state "it was possibly a mistake"

the questions he is asking are some pretty basic questions to find out about how to ascertain inherent value in a coin, obviously there are many more , but those are some of them. Once independent code reviews start coming out, if they are positive which most likely will be the case, you can expect a very nice increase in volume and price.

he is only offering his opinion which he is paid professionally for, he is not stating "all this needs to be changed instantly" he is trying to be helpful , his intent is not to attack or poke holes, he is offering advice in the thing he is most trained and most skilled in.

This doesn't mean it needs to be changed for success or that anyone is wrong. it is just an opinion being expressed.

Yes he might of said things that he has now realized were wrong, the majority of people make a decision regarding something and are adamant on never changing their view, no matter what evidence is presented , he admits he may of been wrong.....just that fact alone, admitting that he might be wrong and is intent on finding out if he was shows something that a lot of people in this forum don't have.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:13:03 AM

Thanks guys
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:15:10 AM

Thanks for response.

to be fair he did state "it was possibly a mistake"

the questions he is asking are some pretty basic questions to find out about how to ascertain inherent value in a coin, obviously there are many more , but those are some of them. Once independent code reviews start coming out, if they are positive which most likely will be the case, you can expect a very nice increase in volume and price.

he is only offering his opinion which he is paid professionally for, he is not stating "all this needs to be changed instantly" he is trying to be helpful , his intent is not to attack or poke holes, he is offering advice in the thing he is most trained and most skilled in.

This doesn't mean it needs to be changed for success or that anyone is wrong. it is just an opinion being expressed.

Yes he might of said things that he has now realized were wrong, the majority of people make a decision regarding something and are adamant on never changing their view, no matter what evidence is presented , he admits he may of been wrong.....just that fact alone, admitting that he might be wrong and is intent on finding out if he was shows something that a lot of people in this forum don't have.

+1

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
ForReal

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:33:58 AM

Can anybody explain how "your weight" and "network weight" is calculated ? What is the formula ?

What is relationship between those two ?

Please don't troll. Thank you

Not sure if Dan or anyone else has ever given the formula but in my experience, as your weight increases, you get closer to your next stake reward.  This may not always be true though.

Can't answer you question but is has been a long time sinds if seen trolling going around here
I would like to know it myself also  Wink

Yes I would like to know the exact formula too.

It seems like something like "your coin age" X "Staking amount"

But how is the "net work weight" calculated ? Is it the aggregated weight of all individual wallet weight ?

Can Dan or somebody explain this a little bit ?

Pump

Can someone help us with those questions ?

Thank you

Anybody know how the network weight is calculated ?
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:41:48 AM

Can anybody explain how "your weight" and "network weight" is calculated ? What is the formula ?

What is relationship between those two ?

Please don't troll. Thank you

Not sure if Dan or anyone else has ever given the formula but in my experience, as your weight increases, you get closer to your next stake reward.  This may not always be true though.

Can't answer you question but is has been a long time sinds if seen trolling going around here
I would like to know it myself also  Wink

Yes I would like to know the exact formula too.

It seems like something like "your coin age" X "Staking amount"

But how is the "net work weight" calculated ? Is it the aggregated weight of all individual wallet weight ?

Can Dan or somebody explain this a little bit ?

Pump

Can someone help us with those questions ?

Thank you

Anybody know how the network weight is calculated ?
There is an pretty complete description about POS and how the weight is calculated in the Bitcoin wiki. Have no idea if the XC implementation matches this design but it should be a nice base.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake
ForReal

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:04:44 AM

There is an pretty complete description about POS and how the weight is calculated in the Bitcoin wiki. Have no idea if the XC implementation matches this design but it should be a nice base.

Thanks kimmy
But it still does not explain how the network weight is calculated.....
voidjarhead

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:42:32 AM

Read a little bit about xc and have a few Qs

1 Is the mining stage over ? if so can you inform Bter and the like to update mining links

2 The distribution of the coins, was there an ipo ? did all the coins go to early miners ?

3 Do i have to leave my wallet open to stack or (forge)? and should i keep it running to improve reward odds?

Thanks in advance

jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:51:42 AM

Read a little bit about xc and have a few Qs

1 Is the mining stage over ? if so can you inform Bter and the like to update mining links

2 The distribution of the coins, was there an ipo ? did all the coins go to early miners ?

3 Do i have to leave my wallet open to stack or (forge)? and should i keep it running to improve reward odds?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes mining stage is over.
2. There was no IPO , yes the coins were mined by whoever was mining, there is currently a multipool thou that can allow you to mine other coins and get paid in XC  http://xcpool.xcurrency.co/
3. what i usually do is leave my wallet closed for a couple of days and open it to check my weight compared to the network, once it reaches a higher level i leave my wallet open for a block to be mined then once i have received it all back plus POS interest i close the wallet down for another few days to a week.

You can check daily on the wallet and you will see that even after keeping your wallet closed for over 24 hours, your own coin weight has increased.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:58:38 AM

I think the branding is top notch, one could come up with an additional term for the payment option and turn XCurrency into the platform. like Xpay or something. is easy to say worldwide.

XC rather suffers a bit in viral quality but i have zero idea how to improve that from a pr point of view. doge lives solely from it. but also coins like Dark have it more than XC does. I think thats part of the puzzle to increase the base volume that we could use right now.

have totally forgotten about the stealth adresses. thats such a killer feature.
cryptico

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:28:33 AM

Hi Arlyn,

In the OP there is the Mobile Staking Wallet release with REV 2.5. Will this be released as well at same time with Rev 2.5? I kind of missed that. It will be pretty cool Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
voidjarhead

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:05:34 AM

Thanks for the tip, just checked the client and yes it's gone up a lot.
Yesterday it said expected time to earn reward was like 26 days. Now it says 2 days so will leave it running open in a couple of days.

Just wondering, when i leave the client open for (stacking)(minting)(forging) are my funds secure ?
Also i understand by running the client it strengthens the network but does the client have to be open ?

Whilst i.m on the hunt for info, what are the transaction fee's ?
Lastly for today, it's not a question of been lazy or reluctant to read a full monster thread but do you have a Questions and Answers Page for new users ?

Thanks

cryptico

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:09:27 AM

Yesterday it said expected time to earn reward was like 26 days. Now it says 2 days so will leave it running open in a couple of days.

Just wondering, when i leave the client open for (stacking)(minting)(forging) are my funds secure ?
Also i understand by running the client it strengthens the network but does the client have to be open ?

Lastly for today, it's not a question of been lazy or reluctant to read a full monster thread but do you have a Questions and Answers Page for new users ?

Thanks

1- yes unlock for staking only
2- yes if you want to strenghten the network
3- 0.00001 for non anon / anon not clarified around 0.001 for what I saw
4- That would be handy there is not a quick newbie QA page at the moment.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
KimmyF

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:31:50 AM

Thanks kimmy
But it still does not explain how the network weight is calculated.....

True, thats where i also starts asuming things, like the network weight is the combined weight of all addresses with a balance.
Guess we have to wait for the team to answer this 'in between' or publish the paper about the innerworkings of XC.
But for me its just curiosity, the only real answer i needed was: coins stake 3.3% a year. Based on my own wallet observations this is working like a charm.

KimmyF

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:33:39 AM

I think the branding is top notch, one could come up with an additional term for the payment option and turn XCurrency into the platform. like Xpay or something. is easy to say worldwide.

XC rather suffers a bit in viral quality but i have zero idea how to improve that from a pr point of view. doge lives solely from it. but also coins like Dark have it more than XC does. I think thats part of the puzzle to increase the base volume that we could use right now.

have totally forgotten about the stealth adresses. thats such a killer feature.
Never thought of XPay but now you said it ... wil never forget it Wink
Great name imo

KimmyF

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:37:17 AM

Thanks
Some time ago there was talk about a seperate thread for this purpose, still in progress?
Pages: « 1 ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 [1374] 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: