Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 [1345] 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:52:20 AM

Although there are still a lot of questions that need to be addressed in the future, this news blows my mind.  I just bought more XC, and will buy even more on Friday when my paycheck hits my account.  

CCMF.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:52:59 AM

If I buy 51% of shares, can I destroy Xcurrency? Wink
infus1on

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

If XCurrency's altcoin price and XC Inc. are two separate things:

Any thoughts on how XC (altcoin) will retain, or increase in value while XC Inc grows?  Any thoughts on how it's price will correlate to XC Inc. share prices?

For starters, this might not be a good idea, just yet.
Also this is not and an ICO, its an IPO. There is a difference, coins are not being offered, shares are.

So, this needs to be reflected in PR releases. Shows lack on understanding, not good for serious investors who know the difference.

Anyhow, that's a different story.

By making this move though there are some serious implications.

Essentially you need to think of XC like a bank (somewhat) that's listed. Or maybe even like Google or Samsung.

The share price may not be completely independent, as stated. Its important to understand that the nature of XC Inc product behaves like a share price according to demand and supply. And thus could lead to confusion amongst investors as to which is actually more valuable the currency or the share (because XC generates revenue itself, and its on this system that value is created). Also, the share price is directly affected by the currency's performance, in the current state. Unless other revenue streams like advertising can be created, separately.

An IPO's purpose is to raise capital, so that currency could be further developed. Remember XC is a payment system, much like bitcoin, its on this technology are other applications built. Thus rendering the tool more valuable than the provider.

With IPO's, the objective of investors is to be provided a return in the form of dividends, for making capital investments. Taking such a path would mean that XC Inc would need to generate revenue, using Xcurrency to provide cash to investors. Only if XC's "profits" increase will the share price increase. Along with good news. But, then one could also say that the share price of XC is directly related to the capabilities of Xcurrency. Because the currency leads the company financial performance. If the currency thrives, then the company thrives, and so the share price will thrive. Nonetheless, XC will need to provide a return to shareholders, to have a significant share price.

Right now the currency is more valuable than the share itself. Shares get their value from dividends; so you need to ask how much dividends can XC give you. Only then is it worth investing in the share. Period.

Right now the currency is giving you a dividend for holding.

ICO here stands for Initial Community Offering I think.  not coins....  

Also, stock value isn't based on just dividends.   People buy stocks for the growth of a company.   Growth could means many things, but most of the time, it's based on future potential revenue/profits/reach.   One exit strategy is to sell to a bigger company, where the holders of shares can get paid off handsomely.

eg.  Whatsapp, Twitter, Skype, etc.

That's a good cover story..'Community'. We now know what to say. Just had t point it out since I study finance.

Growths ultimate objective is to provide more cash flows, so the end is profit. And as companies grow, cash-flows grow, and so profits grow and ultimately returns to shareholders grow, hence stock price grow.

True the price grows on possibilities, but this is far into the future. We don't even know the future of bitcoin yet. So, its a bit tricky.

And besides takeover and sell off's happen when the share price does not reflect its value, usually undervalued so that private equity can buy it, make it better and then sell it off. So not necessarily a benefit to shareholders. Again, far into the future.

Right now the big question is web 3.0 and advertising content will the actual currency be used as the medium to deliver this? how does that tech work? and how will the revenue from this services be generated? can that be inherently linked into the currency itself that increases its demand? OR will it what XC Inc will use to fund projects, and pay out dividends?

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:54:05 AM

Heh. :-)

Nope.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:59:38 AM

Right now the big question is web 3.0 and advertising content will the actual currency be used as the medium to deliver this?

Yes.

how does that tech work?

Xnodes get paid to serve content to websites, users who access their files, etc.

and how will the revenue from this services be generated?
Traditional websites (and pretty much all normal clients/customers) will pay for hosting (of, say, ads...) via a traditional website. Xnodes get a cut; XC Inc. gets a cut.

can that be inherently linked into the currency itself that increases its demand?

Yes, massively so, because all payments to nodes will be in XC.

OR will it what XC Inc will use to fund projects, and pay out dividends?

It's a case of "and" rather than "or".

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

Don't know where you can find 51% of the coins. Wink  Even on Mintpal, the floating coins is under 10% in the biggest wallet...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!wallets

The-C-Word

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:12:59 AM

My head is spinning  Grin.

Are we nixing the whole open source thing?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:15:46 AM

No.

XC's code will be completely open source. That's part of the appeal of the currency.

In contrast, XC Inc's appeal will stem from its ability to consistently deliver ground-breaking innovations, including lots of apps based on XCurrency.

Better still, XC's platform will allow third parties to develop blockchain 2.0 apps of their own, which of course will also run on XCurrency.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
infus1on

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:19:52 AM

Right now the big question is web 3.0 and advertising content will the actual currency be used as the medium to deliver this?

Yes.

how does that tech work?

Xnodes get paid to serve content to websites, users who access their files, etc.

and how will the revenue from this services be generated?
Traditional websites (and pretty much all normal clients/customers) will pay for hosting (of, say, ads...) via a traditional website. Xnodes get a cut; XC Inc. gets a cut.

can that be inherently linked into the currency itself that increases its demand?

Yes, massively so, because all payments to nodes will be in XC.

OR will it what XC Inc will use to fund projects, and pay out dividends?

It's a case of "and" rather than "or".

Ok. Sounds good. I'm in.
Sabretooth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:21:23 AM

No.

XC's code will be completely open source. That's part of the appeal of the currency.

In contrast, XC Inc's appeal will stem from its ability to consistently deliver ground-breaking innovations, including lots of apps based on XCurrency.

Better still, XC's platform will allow third parties to develop blockchain 2.0 apps of their own, which of course will also run on XCurrency.

Awesome this is where things needed to go.  Opening things up so others can get involved.  The only way to make sure the currency survives and thrives. Nice work team.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:28:02 AM

think we need to have a lock time or else some people might exploit it by claiming shares, then moving coins back to exchange and moving it back to another wallet.

If you need your coins on the exchange by lock time... then sorry.  no shares.

Yes, there will be a locked period. Much like how Archcoin and Supernet preformed their ICO. You won't gain access to the share until the IPO is finished. The market would be frozen for a time while the shares were distributed.

One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?

'XCurrency' is a product / service under and controlled by 'XC Inc.' This service is money transfer / storage, which can be used be retailers as a form of payment. I hope this makes sense.

'XC Inc.' offers services and products such as 'XCurrency' or 'XChat' and so on...

XC tech is and will remain decentralized. That was Satoshi's original vision...XC continues that vision with the goal up 'Decentralizing the internet and services'  Most anon solutions out there are in fact centralized, which is a complete 360 on what Satoshi intended crypto-currency and blockchain products to be. I won't name any names...

This hasn't been ratified yet, but 51% of the company would remain in 'XC hands' so we retain control and direction into the future.

As for the 'IPO / ICO ' name - Yes, there are legal implications that do arise. We are aware of this, and for that reason, this 'ICO' will be called a 'Pre-product or token sale or distribution '.   Terminology is very crucial here. With that said, I can say that we are already in the process / contact with the proper entities and authorities to solve all these concerns, and will have all this ironed out soon. An official, public announcement will be made on both our main website (www.xc-official.com), forums, and social media outlets once everything is in stone.

We are very pleased that everyone is so excited. Since day one we (the XC team) have had a shared vision / direction in where we saw XC going. Today we were able to begin sharing that vision with everyone.

We want to hear what your thoughts are, and continued discussion is fundamental to the long term success of XC. We will try to answer as many questions as possible, and provide all information in a timely manner. There is much more to come. This is only the beginning, but nothing will be the same.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @XCurrency and on Facebook  (https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency)  for the latest news and releases from XC.

Thank you.
Nick Cote,
XC Social Media Manager

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:28:53 AM

No.

Awesome this is where things needed to go.  Opening things up so others can get involved.  The only way to make sure the currency survives and thrives. Nice work team.

Maybe I am selfish, there are good things and bad things with open source. Bad being the rise of the scam and crap clone coins.
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:30:41 AM

Quote from: synechist link=topicmessage47.msg8947726#msg8947726 date=1411519109

I like your points. I also have a question for the team.
How can we prove how much XC we have?

You could sign a message with the private key associated with the address your coins are at.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you explain a little more how does this sign a message work?
Is it possible that people sign a message to claim the "shares",  move the coins to other wallet then sign and claim again.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:32:20 AM

No.

Maybe I am selfish, there are good things and bad things with open source. Bad being the rise of the scam and crap clone coins.

You bring up some good points.
XCurrency is planned to re-main open source.
However, other products / services XC Inc. develops and distributes may or may not be open.
You can't run a business if everyone can steal every idea you have. Remember that products / services of XC are separate ventures in their own right, all under the 'XC Inc.'

Much like how Apple has their 'Macs', 'iPods', 'iPhones'

Separate products /services. One company.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:33:50 AM

As for the 'IPO / ICO ' name - Yes, there are legal implications that do arise. We are aware of this, and for that reason, this 'ICO' will be called a 'Pre-product or token sale or distribution '.   Terminology is very crucial here.

Aha, yes, I've been meaning to mention that the press release (which you saw earlier and which will be sent to the media at 3am EST) will term this an "ITO" - for "initial token offering." This is to distinguish it from an IPO, since the asset offered will not legally be a security at the time of the event, and we'd get into trouble if we use terms with legal ramifications.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:35:32 AM

Quote from: synechist link=topicmessage47.msg8947726#msg8947726 date=1411519109

I like your points. I also have a question for the team.
How can we prove how much XC we have?

You could sign a message with the private key associated with the address your coins are at.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you explain a little more how does this sign a message work?
Is it possible that people sign a message to claim the "shares",  move the coins to other wallet then sign and claim again.

No, this won't be possible. Coins will be locked for the duration of the ITO.

Signing a message is kind-of how cryptocurrencies work. In order to spend a coin, you have to prove you own it, and you do so by signing with your private key. That's what wallets do every time you make a payment.

So in this case you'd sign, but not pay. This would prove your ownership of the coins.

Additionally, some sort of multisig transaction or escrow system could be used to lock the coins.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Sabretooth

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:40:44 AM

No.

First to market and with the best ecosystem will win.  We are not the only coin with our eye on this goal.  We can not do it alone.  We need to open it up so others can build the ecosystem.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
buy-black

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:54:53 AM

Hey gents, just and idea.  It would be best if all markets froze the coin and distribute the shares during this period, in this matter everybody that holds XC would get the shares.  This would also prevent any pump and dump scheme.  Of course if xc is in your wallet you get the shares too.

BC + XC + DRK
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:56:35 AM

Hey gents, just and idea.  It would be best if all markets froze the coin and distribute the shares during this period, in this matter everybody that holds XC would get the shares.  This would also prevent any pump and dump scheme.

True, but it wouldn't be enough. I could trade off-exchange, and I could also claim XC Inc. shares, then pay the coins to another of my addresses, and claim again.

A multisig lock-in on a per-claim basis will be necessary.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:09:49 AM

Hey gents, just and idea.  It would be best if all markets froze the coin and distribute the shares during this period, in this matter everybody that holds XC would get the shares.  This would also prevent any pump and dump scheme.

True, but it wouldn't be enough. I could trade off-exchange, and I could also claim XC Inc. shares, then pay the coins to another of my addresses, and claim again.

A multisig lock-in on a per-claim basis will be necessary.

address snapshot at certain time is enough ?
Pages: « 1 ... 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 [1345] 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: