Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:11:33 PM

Team members joining another coins team looks bad no matter how you spin it.

That's precisely what I'm trying to suggest is a misperception.

I'll give an example from my own life:

- I do analytical philosophical research into sign action

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All of these "spread my resources thinner". But this is not a problem. It's life.

The basic fact is that joining another team is an act of community. People join because their friends have a project that they're keen to help with. The perception that there is competition, scarce time-resources, and thus a "betrayal" in joining another team, is just the wrong paradigm. This is community. It's intertwined. It's close-nit. And it's superabundant in resources. There is no scarcity. There are only plentiful networks. When XC needs something, what do you know? Many people come forward to provide it. This will not change.

So I suppose the shareholders of Apple or Microsoft would cheer if Tim Cook or Satya Nadella were to "co-join" another company under the guise of "community."

Good point. The shareholders would be outraged.

So yes, the situations are not analogous:

- Crypto is fluid, communal, and not held together by legal contracts.

- This makes it vastly more innovative and flexible than corporations.

- It also makes it vastly less small-minded than the corporate scarcity-dominated mentality.

- Community fosters superabundance. Anything that does this is beautiful and should not be replaced by a dynamic that creates scarcity.

Big up for community!

Read and enjoy ..

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-microsoft-and-apple-work-together-2013-6?op=1

EDIT: yes the best do indeed work with the best

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:12:56 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All of these "spread my resources thinner". But this is not a problem. It's life.

The basic fact is that joining another team is an act of community. People join because their friends have a project that they're keen to help with. The perception that there is competition, scarce time-resources, and thus a "betrayal" in joining another team, is just the wrong paradigm. This is community. It's intertwined. It's close-nit. And it's superabundant in resources. There is no scarcity. There are only plentiful networks. When XC needs something, what do you know? Many people come forward to provide it. This will not change.

So I suppose the shareholders of Apple or Microsoft would cheer if Tim Cook or Satya Nadella were to "co-join" another company under the guise of "community."

- It also makes it vastly less small-minded than the corporate scarcity-dominated mentality.

- Community fosters superabundance. Anything that does this is beautiful and should not be replaced by a dynamic that creates scarcity.

Big up for community!

The situations are analogous to a degree.  Are you telling me that if Dan (atcsecure) were to officially announce that he was coding (as an official dev) for another coin, that XC 's price would not crash?  And that XC holders would not be outraged?
battbot

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:14:30 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Big up for community!

Read and enjoy ..

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-microsoft-and-apple-work-together-2013-6?op=1

That addresses collaboration -- which I support and think is a good thing for XC.  Right now, I am speaking to the fact that two core XC team members are now official team members of another coin.  This is not the same as collaboration.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:15:58 PM

like i said i see the colaborations positive and i don't accuse anyone from "betrayal". but i can see why some are irritated as well. look at the track record:

cache: jasin threw it out there.
key review: well i don't wanna bring those feeling up again Smiley ( all reviews afterwards executed perfectly)
quibuck: their thread first
nhz: again they go first

i thinks thats what more gets on the nerves of some. some react totally inapropriate in my optinion but what i wanna say is the team, if it feels frustrated, should not forget that. regarding colaborations the track record of leaks stands and its bad luck that yet again it happened.

so again i understand both sides a little. seems to be my thing lately  Smiley

Anyway we have been through worse discussions in here. its healthy and always came out beneficial.
i'm looking forward to the actual details and more info tomorrow. it will be good i'm shure.

i hope some kind of review agreement from a public figure for XC is part of it.  Wink
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:19:03 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Their contract would forbid it, also all creative rights when employed by those companies goes out the window, you come up with a million dollar idea, be sure that it will be ripped from you faster than a crack addict after a fix

That's exactly my point -- These elements are in place for a reason.  Their contract would forbid it and they surrender creative rights to help ensure the success of the company and protect shareholders.  

Your point would be more legitimate if the comparison was on 2 companies , highly centralized , highly competitive in a centralized format , constantly buying up or patent trolling anything that shows innovation. Not decentralized and has one of the main focuses centered in open sourcing everything.

You are not a shareholder when you buy a coin, you are buying into a currency, not a company.  You can agree with them and disagree with them, but if you are going to disagree and the reason for the disagreement is a broken logic comparing it to something that it is trying to become better than, something that has been brought up as a solution to the very things you are comparing it to, features and implementations that make it the complete opposite of what you are comparing them to. then don't expect people to actually take note.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:21:45 PM

Big up for community!

The situations are analogous to a degree.  Are you telling me that if Dan (atcsecure) were to officially announce that he was coding (as an official dev) for another coin, that XC 's price would not crash?  And that XC holders would not be outraged?

They'd dump if they adopted a scarcity-dominated paradigm.

If they adopted a communality-and-thus-superabundance paradigm, they'd see it as a sign of a healthy ecosystem that's benefitting them as much as others.

As an interesting aside here, it's still commonly thought that the biological realm is dominated by competition and evolutionary natural selection. Funnily enough this hasn't been the consensus since the 1980s, when biosemiotics took off as a field and people realised that symbiosis was both more fundamental and more prevalent than competition.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:22:26 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Their contract would forbid it, also all creative rights when employed by those companies goes out the window, you come up with a million dollar idea, be sure that it will be ripped from you faster than a crack addict after a fix

That's exactly my point -- These elements are in place for a reason.  Their contract would forbid it and they surrender creative rights to help ensure the success of the company and protect shareholders.  

Your point would be more legitimate if the comparison was on 2 companies , highly centralized , highly competitive in a centralized format , constantly buying up or patent trolling anything that shows innovation. Not decentralized and has one of the main focuses centered in open sourcing everything.

You are not a shareholder when you buy a coin, you are buying into a currency, not a company.  You can agree with them and disagree with them, but if you are going to disagree and the reason for the disagreement is a broken logic comparing it to something that it is trying to become better than, something that has been brought up as a solution to the very things you are comparing it to, features and implementations that make it the complete opposite of what you are comparing them to. then don't expect people to actually take note.

All altcoins live or die on success of it's development team.  Are you telling me that is not a centralized element of XC, or any altcoin?  There are many ways in which XC is analogous to a company.  There are many ways in which buying into an altcoin is analogous to being a shareholder of a company.  So yes, I can point to these analogies.
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:25:12 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Big up for community!

Read and enjoy ..

EDIT: yes the best do indeed work with the best

Read and enjoy ..

http://www.informationweek.com/desktop/microsoft-sues-apple-over-app-store-trademark/d/d-id/1095392?

Just sayin...
battbot

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

/rant off

I have to step out of the house.  I still obviously support XC... I mean, just look at my posting history. Wink
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:26:33 PM

Big up for community!

If they adopted a communality-and-thus-superabundance paradigm, they'd see it as a sign of a healthy ecosystem that's benefitting them as much as others.

As an interesting aside here, it's still commonly thought that the biological realm is dominated by competition and evolutionary natural selection. Funnily enough this hasn't been the consensus since the 1980s, when biosemiotics took off as a field and people realised that symbiosis was both more fundamental and more prevalent than competition.

As well as the concept of Evolution is a complete and utter bullshit, that science is disproving day after day more and more. Scientists are afraid to speak against Evolution as they are afraid to loose their grants given to them by the state that with this Ideology wants to open us to full competition and full materialism for the New world order.. Natural selection is not evolution and works just for speciation, hence(micro-evolution)..Macro evolution is the religion that our modern and corrupted world found his world dominance from and it will dye soon. Symbiosis in nature is evident as design is

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:27:00 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All altcoins live or die on success of it's development team.  Are you telling me that is not a centralized element of XC, or any altcoin?  There are many ways in which XC is analogous to a company.  There are many ways in which buying into an altcoin is analogous to being a shareholder of a company.  So yes, I can point to these analogies.

FACT^^^^^ BUMP
SouthernBTC

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:28:23 PM

Big up for community!

Dude...lol...you do know half of our community doesn't speak English as a first language right. I love ya man...that post just gave me an ear to ear grin.
holyprofit

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:29:35 PM

[ snip]

I simply don't think your business analogy works - you need to think back to the early days of personal computers, or the internet or any of these revolutions - there were no companies and no question of "loyalty" - no-one knew how things would turn out - everyone was kicking around ideas to everyone else. It's more like the research community right now - people exchange ideas and lend a hand to their friends. They get credit for that and their own work gets more recognition because of it. (Plus we don't actually know what the news is that goes along with this.)  
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:33:11 PM

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

FACT^^^^^ BUMP

Look at ETH team / marketing guys‏

They have their hands in all the major projects.‏

Talented people want to work with other people who share the same vision / ideas.

This is what makes people brilliant: all that wonderful collaboration.

Hence, collaboration is what makes for successful coins.

Lastly and most importantly, XC's development team is not changing and neither are anyone's energies being "diluted".

Collaboration *does not* equal dilution. So even if altcoins live or die on the success of their development teams, this just isn't at stake here. It's not a relevant fact in this discussion. XC's team is solid, top-class, and deeply committed to (and invested in) XC.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SouthernBTC

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:34:52 PM

I'm sure everything will be fine and we'll all be happy in a days time. I was just venting at the situation, primarily due to past events with other coin devs dropping news before us. Arlyn, you lend a lot to this community and I appreciate  everyone's contributions. I will bow out of the conversation as I've already had a great chuckle today and would like to turn my mood around. Thanks team.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

Look at ETH team / marketing guys‏

They have their hands in all the major projects.‏

Talented people want to work with other people who share the same vision / ideas.

Ethereum is open source.
holyprofit

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:38:37 PM

[ snip - something bout evolution]

wtf ?! anyway - what were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, can everyone relax please.
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:38:43 PM

There are also many more ways that XC is not analogous to a company. Just because you can point out a few that makes it like a company doesn't make it a company.  I can use an analogy to make a car seem like a company, doesn't make the car a company.

Open source technology is one of the main positives for crypto currency , it contradicts most all current business models companies follow, so your analogy is completely contradictory. "I am comparing it to this when it is comprised of completely contradictory elements"

Yes you can point them out, but it doesn't change the fact that the analogy is full on contradictions when placing the comparison. you hit 4 out of 10 so therefore the analogy holds? great

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 04:39:52 PM

Dude...lol...you do know half of our community doesn't speak English as a first language right. I love ya man...that post just gave me an ear to ear grin.

Heh. Sorry :-). I sometimes forget myself.

When the conversation turns to a point garnered from my academic work, it's hard not to express it in the style I read it in.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
georgeblair

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:40:40 PM

There sure is a lot of Fear about this collaboration/announcement. and a lot of Uncertainty. and a lot of Doubt....

Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: