Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

Impressed with how easy the new windows wallet is.

Took me less than 1 minute to get it downloaded, opened, and synchronizing.

Definitely going to pull my XC off poloniex into my wallet so I can earn stake.

poloniex seems to be down.....has been for a few minutes now.
at least in my hemisphere.

They're down for server upgrades.  I didn't catch an eta
thanx for the info...
...see how courteous this community can be ?

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:30:01 AM

You guys are totally missing the point. I don't care whether the current XC code is original or not. Writing a centralized mixer is so easy that the Fedoracoin guys did it. The point is the difference in difficulty between coding a centralized mixing service and coding a decentralized mixing service is enormous. Being able to do the former is NOT evidence that one can do the latter.

DRK hasn't been able to code that themselves (hint: check the last weeks activity in DRK).

But yes they have. The first version of it has been operational in RC versions for ages now. It's called "DarkSend".

The DRK dev is still trying to determine a solution that doesn't cause forking, security issues and other such matters. And even then it will still not be truly decentralised.

The change that required hard forking was assigning a percentage of mining rewards to masternodes, not the decentralized trustless anonymizer.

You throw phrases like "security issues" around as if you knew what you were talking about. Wanna elaborate on that? Also please tell me more about those "such matters".

As for being "truly decentralized", if you are referring to the decentralized masternode network, I don't get what is better in having people run nodes on their personal computers running on crappy cable modems than having dedicated servers running on gigabit connections when you are going to need dedicated nodes in your network anyway! So they might as well do the anonymizing as well. There will be thousands of dedicated masternodes with 100% uptime 24/7, compare that to at most few hundred personal computers with their wallets open while they play some call of duty or whatever behind their cable modems.

XC also has encrypted transactions.

Has or will have? Darkcoin will have ring signature level solution without the bloat of ring signatures. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6864666#msg6864666

In a way XC is actually SUPERIOR to DRK.

Which way is that?

The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.

I would think a masternode running on a dedicated server with a gigabit network connection provides far less dodgy service than average Joe's laptop behind a wi-fi.

I'm sure if a Amp DDoS attack to that one masternode, "a dedicated server with a gigabit network connection" then the whole DRK coins would go dark!

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:31:04 AM

To any potential investors reading this madness ask yourself this, why would DRK holders spend so much time and energy trying to smear XC and spread fear, uncertainty and doubt about this legitimate project?

Answer: They are scared of our potential.

Mark my words, next time XC rises, DRK is going to fall so hard not even a 2000 BTC buy order will save it.

One more "Ask yourself" question

If this were a scam, and they instantly became multi millionaires yesterday, why are they still here?  

This is the million-dollar question, and to rephrase:

What sane freaking scammer would jeopardise his credentials and real, old BTC talk forum accounts just for a weeks scam, only to realise it(yesterday) and then even REMAIN around for a second round, using same accounts?

Not to mention those other credible users, WITH old accounts, devs, and whatever, still supporting the coin and claiming to have been given either details/code peek or w/e, again, by USING their main account and credentials?

Not to mention if idd some1 else like rat4 accepts to review code and prove supportive, this will instantly mean panic buying and price surpassing previous peak, EASILY.

We can all just hope and w8 for it!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:31:44 AM

Is it possible to fix the minor bug in the wallet (on the next release) showing the coin is minting when it takes around 8-10 days to mature ? Not a big issue but it's still annoying.
It took awhile for my minting to kick in, but its working great now Grin

Yes, but you hadn't the icon status saying "immature coins, not staking" in the first place right ?
Thats correct, 400 of them had matured enough to start minting

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
DRobert

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:32:34 AM

Did DRkcoin supporters spread fud about XC to
wrestle XC supporters away into Drkcoin? I notice
Drk went up in price while xc went down in price in aftermath of
whatever controversy happened. I hope this whole fud controversy has
ended and people can continue to be confident in X11coin
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:35:08 AM

true

Yep, DRK is a good coin, but I dont think they realise the masternodes could be its biggest weakness not strength.. If the coin gets a very high value a masternode will need to be like fort knox.. One on Amazon has already been hacked... Owner lost 1000 DRK, so its not a laughing matter.

It depends on how you see it really. It invites *competent* people to do the masternode running. If someone does not have the necessary security awareness to protect his money and the node, then he shouldn't be running a node (or if he has done no basic security, then he also deserves to get hacked).

You don't want your transactions going through some idiot's node. You want the node to be operated by someone who knows what he is doing.

So, in that sense, it's a strength.
Kashmir

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:38:06 AM

Come on XC, don't drop below 20000 satosh  Cry

Relax, I'm in the top side of the holders, I could sell a wall yesterday for 450k and I did not. This coin will be a good coin  Smiley

This is so so so ridiculous and this is giving me headache, this is the last time I play in any crypto currency
Have lost 10BTC from 20BTC I put in yesterday, im selling my holdings now.. I will only buy BTC and lock them hate this cryptoheadache.
trix222

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:40:59 AM

Relax, I'm in the top side of the holders, I could sell a wall yesterday for 450k and I did not. This coin will be a good coin  Smiley

This is so so so ridiculous and this is giving me headache, this is the last time I play in any crypto currency
Have lost 10BTC from 20BTC I put in yesterday, im selling my holdings now.. I will only buy BTC and lock them hate this cryptoheadache.

you are way to emotional for crypto sry man, weak hands shaking
Kashmir

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:44:49 AM

Man I have done this for 4years and its always gives me headache, when I think price is low and buy its going lower and when I think its high I sell and its going higher, every fcking time and vice versa, I can not take more, Im out.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:48:36 AM

Man I have done this for 4years and its always gives me headache, when I think price is low and buy its going lower and when I think its high I sell and its going higher, every fcking time and vice versa, I can not take more, Im out.

u should prob just hold so ur not kicking yourself later.... but I am not ur mom so u dont have to listen to me
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

The charts seem to be slowly returning to normal, which is good! Smiley
Hopefully all this FUD will go away once and for all.

The proof is in the pudding and the best technology will detirmine the winner at the end of the day.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:50:27 AM

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
Kashmir

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:51:44 AM

The proof is in the pudding and the best technology will detirmine the winner at the end of the day.

Noone can predict anything by looking at a goddamn chart please
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

Noone can predict anything by looking at a goddamn chart please

Im meaning that its settled down after all this discussion, it appears that alot of trades were happening on cryptsy due to what was being said here! I was watching it before my eyes earlier this morning!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Kashmir

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:58:28 AM

u should prob just hold so ur not kicking yourself later.... but I am not ur mom so u dont have to listen to me

Its OK, Im a skilled bastard who beats himself
coinnext

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:01:52 AM

Coinnext Exchange added X11Coin

Trade at https://coinnext.com/trade/XC/BTC

Trading is completely free for 90 days.
Grifftech

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:04:44 AM

Open letter to Atcsecure!

I want to thank you for everything you have done. All you seem to get its cheap and unnecessary pressure. Take care of yourself first and foremost. You are a great person from what I have seen of you around here and don't let all the FUD get to you. Follow your dream, you never needed to answer to anyone.

Thanks,
Chris
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:07:22 AM

Please do something that will make the value go up again, I want to keep investing in XC, but I can't if it keeps dropping.
Randy Marsh

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:09:57 AM

Please do something that will make the value go up again, I want to keep investing in XC, but I can't if it keeps dropping.
This coin has a very good buy support, in the opinion of the people the best possible dev code in alt, is still with us, the coin has a future, what do you think would happen?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:12:27 AM

no one can ensure you anything. make your own decision.

can you request all shitcoin communities to do something that will make the value go up again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: