Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GameStarter

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:49:37 AM

the 24h volume is doing really great today!

It's been nine days since the Rev 2 beta was released.

rev2 beta was split into RC parts. The roadmap is still active.

even though the price blows for all us us holders, XC is still the best game in town by a long stretch! I just gotta Keep my mind off the price and the price off my mind!

i know ppl around here hate price speculation, but i look at this way, you have a crypto here that is superior to BTC in a lot of ways.
only 5 + million coins, fully POS so no new coins entering market so price is more stable then BTC DRK LTC etc.
 a lot faster too confirm transaction's making it more usable for wide spread adoption then other coins( plus we will have payment cards in the near future basically a debit card for XC)                                                                                                                                                  

it's got interest incentive via POS and Xnodes, encrypted & anonymous messaging (almost running) 100% anonymous transaction( running) both will become highly valued the more things are leaked and the government corruption on mass spying and intelligence gathering is exposed world wide.
also a hard working team, who get things done on time and over deliver, a Developer with excellent credentials, a transparent identity, and a vision that makes sense, all this adds up to a product that can dominate in the near future, if XC is marketed properly and i believe they will since we have a DEV who has helped run major company's in the past , therefor experience in managing major company's and that is what XC is set to become in the near future, but also no doubt he is contact with professional marketers who know how to sell XC, BTC's rise had a lot to do with the crises in Greece, lets be honest, the financial system world wide don't look good, a lot more country's banking institutions are going to be doing bank runs in the future, people are going to want to put there money into a solid asset before it's taken(gold and silver is hard to smuggle over borders a USB isn't), like citizens of Greece did.
if you had the decision of putting your money into BTC that isn't anonymous or XC that is, which would you choose knowing your bank owned government will take anything they can catch you with to please there masters, what would u choose? ( i know right now u need BTC to buy XC this will change in the future) the conclusion is the price of XC if marketed properly can be worth much more then BTC, it will ride on BTC to establish adoption quicker then it has, and price will not take years to take off because investors are on the look out for the BTC 2.0(and it's here) it has come around at the perfect time when government run surveillance is no longer conspiracy theory but conspiracy fact, and also when the financial system is extremely shaky and people getting nervous, XC has the perfect storm brewing to take it to prices never before seen in crypto, don't forget BTC has a tiny market cap compared to what it could, to be worth a million each even with all coins mined, it only needs to catch 1% of the world GDP and a lot of top investors and financial annalists are certain it will....what can XC be worth a product that is better, actually everything BTC wanted to be when it was first created and over 5x less product, 5x more rare..XC acceptance, recognition and major price spike will not take years and years like BTC, it has BTC's foundation to ride on, the future is big and bright for XC. congratulations to all who plan to hold long term it is by far the best decision you will ever make.

100% agree, nice summary Smiley
Pleasure to live this adventure with the XC community

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:50:05 AM

Hey guys,

I just published an article about XC on Devtome http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=xcurrency_xc

But I'm fairly new to this coin and wanted to check if I presented it right and got all my facts straight. All suggestions are welcome, I'm always happy to go back and make additions or alterations.
Particularly - any more useful links to related services I can include?
I don't know if it's accurate..but it is well written

Thank you, its kind of you to say so.
i could be wrong but I'm positive DRK was the first to use X11 if I'm wrong i apologize, article looks good and would catch the eye of any investor, thank you.

Yes thats correct. Apart from that well written.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:52:49 AM

even though the price blows for all us us holders, XC is still the best game in town by a long stretch! I just gotta Keep my mind off the price and the price off my mind!

i know ppl around here hate price speculation, but i look at this way, you have a crypto here that is superior to BTC in a lot of ways.
only 5 + million coins, fully POS so no new coins entering market so price is more stable then BTC DRK LTC etc.
 a lot faster too confirm transaction's making it more usable for wide spread adoption then other coins( plus we will have payment cards in the near future basically a debit card for XC)                                                                                                                                                  

it's got interest incentive via POS and Xnodes, encrypted & anonymous messaging (almost running) 100% anonymous transaction( running) both will become highly valued the more things are leaked and the government corruption on mass spying and intelligence gathering is exposed world wide.
also a hard working team, who get things done on time and over deliver, a Developer with excellent credentials, a transparent identity, and a vision that makes sense, all this adds up to a product that can dominate in the near future, if XC is marketed properly and i believe they will since we have a DEV who has helped run major company's in the past , therefor experience in managing major company's and that is what XC is set to become in the near future, but also no doubt he is contact with professional marketers who know how to sell XC, BTC's rise had a lot to do with the crises in Greece, lets be honest, the financial system world wide don't look good, a lot more country's banking institutions are going to be doing bank runs in the future, people are going to want to put there money into a solid asset before it's taken(gold and silver is hard to smuggle over borders a USB isn't), like citizens of Greece did.
if you had the decision of putting your money into BTC that isn't anonymous or XC that is, which would you choose knowing your bank owned government will take anything they can catch you with to please there masters, what would u choose? ( i know right now u need BTC to buy XC this will change in the future) the conclusion is the price of XC if marketed properly can be worth much more then BTC, it will ride on BTC to establish adoption quicker then it has, and price will not take years to take off because investors are on the look out for the BTC 2.0(and it's here) it has come around at the perfect time when government run surveillance is no longer conspiracy theory but conspiracy fact, and also when the financial system is extremely shaky and people getting nervous, XC has the perfect storm brewing to take it to prices never before seen in crypto, don't forget BTC has a tiny market cap compared to what it could, to be worth a million each even with all coins mined, it only needs to catch 1% of the world GDP and a lot of top investors and financial annalists are certain it will....what can XC be worth a product that is better, actually everything BTC wanted to be when it was first created and over 5x less product, 5x more rare..XC acceptance, recognition and major price spike will not take years and years like BTC, it has BTC's foundation to ride on, the future is big and bright for XC. congratulations to all who plan to hold long term it is by far the best decision you will ever make.

i fell XC attracts a certain type of community, one that believes in human rights, freedom and hasn't forgotten the government works for us, love the XC community.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:08:49 PM

POS 51% attack doesn't necessarily acquire 51% coins.

it is possible to initiate such attack by owning 51% STAKING coins.

so if all the coins are in wallet and stake, the network will be secured.

the attack happened to C2 and NAVAJO is same.

the attacker owns a large amount of COINS, but not 51% of ALL COINS. most "investors" deposited on exchanges, cuz ppl do not have much faith in P&D coins. and exchanges do not stake.

so attacker can easily initiate double spend!

i don't think XC has such problem. and XC adopt POS like PPC, that is what i know best.

So as one can conclude, PoW coins are much more resistant, than PoS ones, in general, because 51% PoW attack needs 51% hash power, itself leads to expensive mining equipment & large pools.

But what about XC itself, being PoS coin, situation remains unclear to me... So, it will be very useful if somebody explains how XC behaves in that situation.

I don't understand why PoS coins are more of a concern than PoW?  Doesn't Ghash.io have more than 51% of the hash power on Bitcoin, or very close? If it's possible for a pool to gain 51% or very close to 51% on BITCOIN, then I don't see how any PoW can be safe in the near future.  So far, it seems much easier to attack a PoW than PoS.  Heh?

A couple of years down the road there will be many competing exchanges and most will only hold a small percentage of the outstanding issuance of any coin.  I see this as a problem that corrects itself over time.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:10:02 PM

Come on Dan release that code, change our lives Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:23:43 PM

I don't understand why PoS coins are more of a concern than PoW?  Doesn't Ghash.io have more than 51% of the hash power on Bitcoin, or very close? If it's possible for a pool to gain 51% or very close to 51% on BITCOIN, then I don't see how any PoW can be safe in the near future.  So far, it seems much easier to attack a PoW than PoS.  Heh?

A couple of years down the road there will be many competing exchanges and most will only hold a small percentage of the outstanding issuance of any coin.  I see this as a problem that corrects itself over time.

You are right, pools are the problem of PoW.

But I mentioned, PoS can be attacked even easier, there is no need to possess 51% of all coins, just 51% staking ones. And it makes PoS to be attacked by hidden way.

As with PoW & Ghash.io - there is no possibility to hide such an electricity power, so the problem is 'bright shining', not 'accurately hidden' as in PoS coins.

So, generally speaking, PoS are much more vulnerable, but some tricks may fix it...

Does XC has that tricks to resist 51% staking attack, still being PoS?
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:29:11 PM

His name is Dan.

Seriously if XC did have any problems with POS code, then i'm quite confident that that Dan would fix it in no time.

I'm pretty sure when he sleeps, he dreams lines of code Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

the_game1224

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:31:23 PM

I think much of the problem too is that there are 20 shit coins that come out every day, so people are busy chasing those to make the next quick buck.  Heck , I used to do that myself.

It comes to the point you realize that its just not worth it and park your money in something more stable. Its just like your 401k....eventually you just want steady gains over time instead of the next flash in the pan that "might" make you a few extra dollars short term.

I know its hearbreaking seeing the price kinda "stuck" where its at, but not long ago we were also "stuck" at the 100K mark also.

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

I've recently decided that I am done chasing a quick buck on the pump and dump of the week.  Sure I could easily turn up to a 50% profit within days but it could easily end up being a 50% loss if I weren't watching the market 24/7.
I felt like I couldnt sleep many nights because that dump could easily come at any time and I could lose it all.

We are going to see an altcoin crash very very soon as many are getting sick of seeing 20 new pump and dumps a week.   To be honest I hope it comes sooner rather than later as they are giving the legit coins a bad rep.

For me I'm done chasing the quick buck and have cut my holdings down to XC and 1 other coin which I have held for a very long time.  After you see how all the scam coins work or coins run by a couple of teenagers out of their Mom's basement you can appreciate what is truly being developed here.  This is game changing and I will be there when the world realizes it.

florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:39:25 PM

His name is Dan.

Seriously if XC did have any problems with POS code, then i'm quite confident that that Dan would fix it in no time.

I'm pretty sure when he sleeps, he dreams lines of code Grin

It is very interesting here, to listen to Dan's authorized opinion Wink Or may be other devs to say a word on this problem?
Boyer

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:43:50 PM

We need to know when XC team will release updates. This is important things to announce. Progress etc.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:51:14 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 01:04:13 PM by JakeThePanda

A couple of years down the road there will be many competing exchanges and most will only hold a small percentage of the outstanding issuance of any coin.  I see this as a problem that corrects itself over time.

You are right, pools are the problem of PoW.

But I mentioned, PoS can be attacked even easier, there is no need to possess 51% of all coins, just 51% staking ones. And it makes PoS to be attacked by hidden way.

As with PoW & Ghash.io - there is no possibility to hide such an electricity power, so the problem is 'bright shining', not 'accurately hidden' as in PoS coins.

So, generally speaking, PoS are much more vulnerable, but some tricks may fix it...

I'm still not sure that PoS is more vulnerable.  Just because an attack on PoS would be a hidden sneak attack, it doesn't mean it's easier. Maybe we can think about it this way. If Bitcoin was PoS with the same market cap, media attention, current adoption and market penetration, and number of exchanges, how easy would it be to gain control of 51% of the staking coins?  It would probably be impossible. Most exchanges have a small % of the total Bitcoin and a large % of Bitcoin holders are very comfortable keeping BTC in a private wallet.  The cost of purchasing enough coin would be a lot of $billions. So, I would have to think that BTC with it's current infrastructure is a much easier target for a 51% attack as a PoW than if it was a PoS.  Thoughts?

It seems to me that PoS is easily the safer choice for a mass adopted coin.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:52:43 PM

Hey guys,

I just published an article about XC on Devtome http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=xcurrency_xc

But I'm fairly new to this coin and wanted to check if I presented it right and got all my facts straight. All suggestions are welcome, I'm always happy to go back and make additions or alterations.

i could be wrong but I'm positive DRK was the first to use X11 if I'm wrong i apologize, article looks good and would catch the eye of any investor, thank you.

Thank you! In that case could you tell me why Bter calls XC 'X11 Coin'?
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:57:19 PM

Hey guys,

Thank you! In that case could you tell me why Bter calls XC 'X11 Coin'?

[/quote It was just the name the Dev had for it at the start then the community suggested it was changed because it wasn't the most marketable name in my opinion so it was a good idea, and he agreed and it got changed  to XC.
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

the attacker owns a large amount of COINS, but not 51% of ALL COINS. most "investors" deposited on exchanges, cuz ppl do not have much faith in P&D coins. and exchanges do not stake.

i don't think XC has such problem. and XC adopt POS like PPC, that is what i know best.

So as one can conclude, PoW coins are much more resistant, than PoS ones, in general, because 51% PoW attack needs 51% hash power, itself leads to expensive mining equipment & large pools.

But what about XC itself, being PoS coin, situation remains unclear to me... So, it will be very useful if somebody explains how XC behaves in that situation.

I can't swallow that one statement: "Exchanges do not stake", why? As far as i know the major exchanges they do anything for a quick buck, just look at the P/D coins they accept.
If you are sitting on a lot of (other peoples) coins, why not stake them for some extra, why was there so much VRC in one (hot) wallet?

It there any way to check this on the blcokchain?
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

A couple of years down the road there will be many competing exchanges and most will only hold a small percentage of the outstanding issuance of any coin.  I see this as a problem that corrects itself over time.
I can't swallow that one statement: "Exchanges do not stake", why? As far as i know the major exchanges they do anything for a quick buck, just look at the P/D coins they accept.
If you are sitting on a lot of (other peoples) coins, why not stake them for some extra, why was there so much VRC in one (hot) wallet?

Being a former dev of another coin, I can say that the operators of all major exchanges (MP, cryptsy, bittrex, & polo) all reported to me that staking is disabled on their exchanges for security reasons.

But, that was just their word, whether their practice aligns with it, I can't say.
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:23:02 PM

You can read that in the mintpal statemeant.

https://support.mintpal.com/index.php?module=announce&sec=view&id=18
dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:23:05 PM

Being a former dev of another coin, I can say that the operators of all major exchanges (MP, cryptsy, bittrex, & polo) all reported to me that staking is disabled on their exchanges for security reasons.

But, that was just their word, whether their practice aligns with it, I can't say.
staking uses computer resources * the more coins the more resources *
this can lead into instability on the exchange itself ( lag slowness and crashes )
so its saver to disable it and in the end your xchange will generate more money from users if its stable and secure

so yes most smart/good xchanges disable it Wink

lol no ty
bearjewpacabra

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:27:54 PM

i fell XC attracts a certain type of community, one that believes in human rights, freedom and hasn't forgotten the government works for us, love the XC community.

"freedom and hasn't forgotten the government works for us, love the XC community."

These kinds of statements make me sick to my stomach. Bout as much as seeing people worship a towel.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:31:44 PM

More of a spitball idea and maybe it is too simple to actual resolve the staking attacks that POS coins potentially can have happen but why couldn't there be a check in the client, something along the lines of "If network weight/stake = x and current coin stake >= % of weight/stake, staking disabled (or reduced to a non-threatening amount)". I've got to imagine something like this is possible given the restriction of staking when the wallet is locked and given that the network information is a variable.
conradjohnson

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:51:21 PM

I notice someone launched a double spend attack on NAV. I don't want to be alarmist , but just want to check if that is possible with all POS coins?
Might as well clear it up and move on.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg7848188#msg7848188

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg7848512#msg7848512

Please let me know if this is not appropriate and I'll delete it   Smiley

I join to the question.

As I predict by intuition (may be wrong), in PoS coin, 51% atack is still available, but one have to possess 51% of coins, not hash power.
So, if total PoS coin's volume has a tendency to be accumulated in few hands, 51% attack is even more dangerous, than for PoW coins,
because PoW requires real money to buy mining equipment. PoS coins do not, just exchange speculations.

Also I heard, 51% PoS holder may do 'stealth' fork, without entire blockchain corruption, and may 'stick' all other holders to his forked blockchain by hidden way.

Correct me, please, and explain, how things are going in XC.

This is a good question to bring up.  Are we protected against this style of attack?

Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: