Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:18:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:01:01 PM

Does this mean no router settings are necessary to send private transactions anymore?

Routers still need to be properly configured.

However only a very small minority of people will have routers that'll cause problems.

Just go ahead and use the app, and if you have routing problems, let us know.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:04:38 PM

Announcing the latest version of the XC App: Rev 2.45!

Private transactions now only take 4 minutes (instead of 30).

This software is beta. Private transaction features are still under testing. However you cannot lose coins on a private transaction.

Please back up your wallet.dat before installing, and maintain a backup of your private keys at all times. For help on this, visit the how-to.

These updates are just minor "tweeks" right?  So if I'm perfectly happy with the latest wallet, but not the latest update (I'm on the one that was updated on 7/12....I think that was 2.42), that's perfectly fine right?  I just personally like to update when there are major upgrades....and if it's working fine for me, why mess with it (is how I look at it).  
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:06:07 PM

Does this mean no router settings are necessary to send private transactions anymore?

Routers still need to be properly configured.

However only a very small minority of people will have routers that'll cause problems.

Just go ahead and use the app, and if you have routing problems, let us know.

I have already tried with the previous versions and did not work, Unfortunately I have those problems

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:06:29 PM

This software is beta. Private transaction features are still under testing. However you cannot lose coins on a private transaction.

Please back up your wallet.dat before installing, and maintain a backup of your private keys at all times. For help on this, visit the how-to.

Could the loading screen and the programbar also be updated with the word App instead of Wallet Cheesy or is this something for the new UI
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:10:27 PM

Hi, I am considering buying some XC but have not followed the coin in quite a while. Could somebody please brief me what is the benefit of owning an xnode? Thanks a lot!
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:12:18 PM

Hi, I am considering buying some XC but have not followed the coin in quite a while. Could somebody please brief me what is the benefit of owning an xnode? Thanks a lot!

Hey hey.

XC is the leading technology for private transactions.

Testing has shown no link on the blockchain between sender and receiver on XC's Rev. 1.5 app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg7310485#msg7310485

The Rev 2.0 app incorporates a world-first: trustless decentralised mixing. Henceforth, transactions can be forwarded by a node without needing to trust the node.

There will be substantial bounties offered in the near future for anyone who can provably break XC's anonymity.

XC recently added some world-class people to its team, and these people are using their real names and putting their reputations on the line: http://www.xc-official.com/the-xc-team/

XC is completely decentralised and not semi-centralised like some competing anon projects.

XC makes its code available to the public on a delayed timeline.

More info: http://www.xc-official.com/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/02/idUKnGNXbb8nSq+1c2+GNW20140702

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
maxsinner

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:13:57 PM

Hey hey.

Testing has shown no link on the blockchain between sender and receiver on XC's Rev. 1.5 app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg7310485#msg7310485

The Rev 2.0 app incorporates a world-first: trustless decentralised mixing. Henceforth, transactions can be forwarded by a node without needing to trust the node.

There will be substantial bounties offered in the near future for anyone who can provably break XC's anonymity.

XC recently added some world-class people to its team, and these people are using their real names and putting their reputations on the line: http://www.xc-official.com/the-xc-team/

XC is completely decentralised and not semi-centralised like some competing anon projects.

Hi, mate. Thanks for that information but it does not really answer my question. What I wanted to know was if the xnodes were getting paid for processing transactions in any way?
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:25:13 PM

I would think this would evoke a bigger reaction. 

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
conradjohnson

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:27:18 PM

Hey hey.

Hi, mate. Thanks for that information but it does not really answer my question. What I wanted to know was if the xnodes were getting paid for processing transactions in any way?

Yes.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:28:25 PM

I would think this would evoke a bigger reaction.  

Why?  Most people following this thread are already in XC.

Once XC is officially released with all the features, 100% of the marketing attention should be focused on outside the BitcoinTalk forum.  Someone needs to reach out to high profile tech celebs like Ashton Kutcher, venture capitalists, and other industry leaders in technology.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:29:28 PM

Hey hey.

Yes you get transaction fees for running a node. the smount depends on the amount of anon transactions.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
maxsinner

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

Hey hey.

Yes.

Thanks. Is the exact formula of payments for the xnodes already known or it's still up for discussion?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:32:23 PM

Yes you get transaction fees for running a node. the amount depends on the amount of anon transactions.

Yes.

Thanks. Is the exact formula of payments for the xnodes already known or it's still up for discussion?

We're still considering options for tx fees.

Higher fees incentivises node owners; lower fees incentivises user adoption of the network and makes it more competitive.

We'll start discussing this stuff later though. For now we're getting private transactions nailed down.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
maxsinner

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:35:18 PM

Yes you get transaction fees for running a node. the amount depends on the amount of anon transactions.

Yes.

Higher fees incentivises node owners; lower fees incentivises user adoption of the network and makes it more competitive.

We'll start discussing this stuff later though. For now we're getting private transactions nailed down.

Lower fees will be beneficial for everybody. Xnodes will be getting paid more with higher turnover. Anyway, thanks a lot for all the replies. I will secure a couple of nodes worth of XC.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:46:04 PM

Yes.

Lower fees will be beneficial for everybody. Xnodes will be getting paid more with higher turnover. Anyway, thanks a lot for all the replies. I will secure a couple of nodes worth of XC.

+1

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

Badass, I love the progress thats being made. Having transaction times down to 4 minutes is a big step, I'm looking forward to see how further testing goes.

Thanks for the updates.
FoldingTime

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:50:10 PM

Yes.

I agree, very low fees to encourage mass user adoption are the first steps. Xnode revenue to come from high turnover.
Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:01:04 PM

Have anyone calculated what is the overhead of anonymous transaction compared to non-anonymous, in percentage terms? I'm interested how scalable this would be.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

Have anyone calculated what is the overhead of anonymous transaction compared to non-anonymous, in percentage terms? I'm interested how scalable this would be.

Not that I'm aware. Probably best to wait until Rev 2 is completed though. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:17:09 PM

Not that I'm aware. Probably best to wait until Rev 2 is completed though. :-)

what is the current status on Rev2? I know its close to being complete but can you give a rough estimate?
Pages: « 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: