Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
massivemark

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:06:48 PM

just as a test i put 26 xc from cryptsy to my osx wallet. took me 2 minutes and 28 seconds. WAUW! but my walley says; not minting because you dont have mature coins, what does this mean? thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:11:47 PM

just as a test i put 26 xc from cryptsy to my osx wallet. took me 2 minutes and 28 seconds. WAUW! but my walley says; not minting because you dont have mature coins, what does this mean? thx

You need to wait for a certain number of confirmations of the payment on the network before your coins are mature.

I can't remember how many, or how long this takes. Anyone here know?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
massivemark

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:12:59 PM

You need to wait for a certain number of confirmations of the payment on the network before your coins are mature.

and what does mature and minting mean? thx for your awnser
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:18:10 PM

Ideal strategy in my opinion. I was thinking about that earlier and I'd like to know about that. Who decides on strategic moves as you move closer to the official launch? Also, how do you guys work as a team? Is it decentralized as your product? Wink

Physical locations wise, yes. Communication wise, not yet. Basically everyone feedbacks on everything within the team.

Let's acquire an XCurrency headquarters building somewhere and relocate the team there.  If we gon do it den we gon do it big den!
phosphorush

Activity: 503

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:27:37 PM

adn teh full release of REV 2? any word?

Your account locked, please contact support.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:28:26 PM

mature means how many ticks later a coin will "mature"... some need 50, others much higher or lower... all depends on the coin. Until the set number is reached the coins that were transferred are not "mature".

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
btell

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

drk up 18% xmr up 18% cloak up 13% XC up 4%

and xc is by far the best anonymous coin. I don't get it.

If you're talking about last 24 hrs, we've seen 12.63% up

XC price is normal, but 24h exchange volumes are decreasing again. Anxiety...

Poloniex volumes DRK/XC = 7.516/2.568, mintpal volumes DRK/XC = 684.069/59.180.

Can you explain why people trust in DRK more? Indeed Evan Duffield has opened the sources?! Nor he has hypnotic abilities to make people zombies?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:36:30 PM

mature means how many ticks later a coin will "mature"... some need 50, others much higher or lower... all depends on the coin. Until the set number is reached the coins that were transferred are not "mature".

Minting is the process whereby new coins are created in XC. 3.33% more coins are created each year. They're created in the wallets of users who leave their wallets running so that they can "stake".

Once coins are created, it's still possible that a different wallet will process transactions in such a way as to leave out the coins you've just earned; this record of the blockchain will compete against yours as different nodes accept either your or the other wallet's version. Whichever version gets the majority wins out and all the nodes have to accept it. For this reason you can't spend coins for a while - until it's certain that your coins are well established in the blockchain.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:38:52 PM

Lastly, whenever I pay someone, I specify that change is sent to an address I've already backed up the private key of. Otherwise, the wallet will create a new address for the change and I'll have to make a new backup of its private key. Always remember this last thing, or you'll lose coins at some point.

What does this mean?

When you make a payment, you pay from an address in your wallet.

If the amount paid is smaller than the amount held at an address, the remaining amount in the address is sent to a new address called a "change" address.

The change address will be created when the transaction is created.

Since it's a new address, you won't have a backup of its private key yet.

If you make a lot of payments, the next thing you know, you'll have 20 change addresses hanging around in your wallet.

If your wallet is lost/corrupted/whatever, you have no backup of the coins held at those change addresses.

Therefore when you make a payment, specify that the change is sent to an existing address in your wallet.

Use coin control to do so.

How-to: http://www.xc-official.com/wallet/

Ok I'll look at that thank you. did not know this at all. Does it mean that after a certain amount of transactions withouth Coin control your wallet.dat file will not work anymore when you put it in another computer?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
massivemark

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:42:49 PM

Minting is the process whereby new coins are created in XC. 3.33% more coins are created each year. They're created in the wallets of users who leave their wallets running so that they can "stake".

Once coins are created, it's still possible that a different wallet will process transactions in such a way as to leave out the coins you've just earned; this record of the blockchain will compete against yours as different nodes accept either your or the other wallet's version. Whichever version gets the majority wins out and all the nodes have to accept it. For this reason you can't spend coins for a while - until it's certain that your coins are well established in the blockchain.

is it true that the more coins i have in my wallet, the more chance i have of earning coins?
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:45:23 PM

Can you explain why people trust in DRK more? Indeed Evan Duffield has opened the sources?! Nor he has hypnotic abilities to make people zombies?

Not to mention any names, but I think some of the other coins with the "anonymous" feature, buy from within to fuel their fire. Again, purely a guess.

The fact that Dan is releasing an updated "road map" this weekend has created some positive momentum within XC.

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

You can't evaluate a coin based on one 24h period.  That is idiotic.  If this were the case, then you would have to conclude just 1 day ago that XC > DRK, because 1 day ago XC had a higher 24h volume than DRK.  So, according to your method, you now have two antithetical reports to reconcile within a period of 48 hours.

Your method is seriously flawed.  And the reason DRK volume has risen to overtake XC's in the last 24 hours is unquestionably because they just released news on RC4.
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:58:12 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 09:09:03 PM by _evolution_

When is some proper PR gonna happen?

It's not all about getting paid-for ads in crypto news blogs.

Can I ask, respectfully, for the community to stop suggesting PR strategies?

We have one already. It is driven by tech developments and NOT hype.

Yes, we will plug the coin. Yes, the community should do so too, since it's in your interest.

You can either decide that the XC team is legit and trust us, or you can buy something else. If you think we're legit, then
- be patient when you think we ought to announce something but haven't.
- trust us, since you have outsider information and can't see our picture well enough to know why and how we're doing things.

But please stop offering outsider opinions. It spreads the false impression that we don't have a plan.

Why diminish investor confidence?

A little odd reaction... You ask respectfully?! You are in the position and obligation to answer respectfully, not to ask. I don't give a fuck about your PR strategies and so on corporation bullshits. That's not the idea of Satoshi Nakamoto in the first place. So please be more respectful.

UPDATE: I don't give a fuck about your investors also, that's not my problem, Mr. fucking Micros$ft-brainfuck. It seems to me that people like you will fuck up this technology, not the community.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:05:18 PM

Lastly, whenever I pay someone, I specify that change is sent to an address I've already backed up the private key of. Otherwise, the wallet will create a new address for the change and I'll have to make a new backup of its private key. Always remember this last thing, or you'll lose coins at some point.

What does this mean?

When you make a payment, you pay from an address in your wallet.

If the amount paid is smaller than the amount held at an address, the remaining amount in the address is sent to a new address called a "change" address.

The change address will be created when the transaction is created.

Since it's a new address, you won't have a backup of its private key yet.

If you make a lot of payments, the next thing you know, you'll have 20 change addresses hanging around in your wallet.

If your wallet is lost/corrupted/whatever, you have no backup of the coins held at those change addresses.

Therefore when you make a payment, specify that the change is sent to an existing address in your wallet.

Use coin control to do so.

How-to: http://www.xc-official.com/wallet/

Ok I'll look at that thank you. did not know this at all. Does it mean that after a certain amount of transactions withouth Coin control your wallet.dat file will not work anymore when you put it in another computer?

No it doesn't. It just means your coins will be in innumerable addresses in your wallet. Your wallet.dat will work fine in any computer you copy it to.

The problem is keeping a backup of all the change addresses you'd create. You'll inevitably miss one. And then at some point your wallet.dat will get corrupted, and then either your backed up wallet.dat or your private key backup will be out of date.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:08:17 PM

A little odd reaction... You ask respectfully?! You are in the position and obligation to answer respectfully, not to ask. I don't give a fuck about your PR strategies and so on corporation bullshits. That's not the idea of Satoshi Nakamoto in the first place. So please be more respectful.

What??

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
_evolution_

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:10:17 PM

What??

Should I translate in Albanian? Where are you from?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:10:43 PM

is it true that the more coins i have in my wallet, the more chance i have of earning coins?

Yup, because you'll get 3.33% interest on average per annum on however many coins you have.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:12:19 PM

UPDATE: I don't give a fuck about your investors also, that's not my problem, Mr. fucking Micros$ft-brainfuck. It seems to me that people like you will fuck up this technology, not the community.

What??

Kindly engage with respect for other people or wander off elsewhere. This is not how the XC community treats people.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:14:48 PM

Not really. I think there is an opt number which I believe is around 50 to 500 per wallet is best. Much of mining is random too.... some times you might get it in hours, or some cases wait a few weeks before you stack hits.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
_evolution_

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:19:39 PM

What??

Kindly engage with respect for other people or wander off elsewhere. This is not how the XC community treats people.

Sorry, you are not the XC community. I am. You are part of a company - stop playing mother Teresa.
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: