Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 [844] 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:22:40 PM

hey synechist thanx for your updates. Might I suggest something? I d love it if every new wallet/app release on OP is clarified with bold letters, along with its features(multipath, EM etc). I believe that itd be easier than just trying to quote ur older messages or reply ourselves. I believe that the community's engagement is actually undermining your work, because people try to share the tech/features/updates without being able to grasp them them or describe them 100%, thus creating confusion.

Apart from that, Id love to see that new roadmap as well, it might clear things a bit!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:22:50 PM

Thank you for this! Needs to be on the first post/website. If we want XC to be implemented in everyday life then we need to help people understand what it is and what it does in layman terms.

Sure. The website is being continuously updated as new tech arrives and we'll try to maintain all the content.

If you find out-of-date content then by all means, contact me.

There's a new OP coming with updated info and a new look.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
wobbzz

Activity: 135

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:23:40 PM

Le sigh... I'll continue to post references... And no, it doesn't go without saying because no one can verify in the source.

Here's the first REV2 release for mainnet. Note it says "decentralised trustless mixing", not multipath.

Do you seriously need Dan to come here and say that XC has multipath? I've just told you it does. What more do you want?

If Dan says it you still won't have access to the source code to how will this help you?

Furthermore you can make a private payment and then watch the fragments going out on any block explorer. That's multipath.

Yes, because it is important to note that development of the features has progressed as advertised. All I'm saying is that there are discrepancies between what PR says is released and what the developer says is released. This causes confusion. While PR is saying that more features are released than development has announced verbally, it just sounds like hype and no delivery. You have to understand we're all told to just "trust you" at face value for what we read in these forums. I'm not one to sit by idly and just "trust" someone without well-rounded communication.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
wobbzz

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:25:14 PM

hey synechist thanx for your updates. Might I suggest something? I d love it if every new wallet/app release on OP is clarified with bold letters, along with its features(multipath, EM etc). I believe that itd be easier than just trying to quote ur older messages or reply ourselves. I believe that the community's engagement is actually undermining your work, because people try to share the tech/features/updates without being able to grasp them them or describe them 100%, thus creating confusion.

Apart from that, Id love to see that new roadmap as well, it might clear things a bit!

This. If it came from the developers first.

Edit: and preferably spelled out in the release notes for each download.

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
silkybrah

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

I like this idea.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:25:46 PM

Yes this is part of the upcoming OP. Clarity is very important, and since I started I've been working to put in place processes for keeping all our platforms up to speed and making sure they have the important info.

It's a complicated job because it involves working with the entire team, from branding to development. But the core process mostly in place and you can expect things to keep improving.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:30:07 PM

Le sigh... I'll continue to post references... And no, it doesn't go without saying because no one can verify in the source.

Here's the first REV2 release for mainnet. Note it says "decentralised trustless mixing", not multipath.

Do you seriously need Dan to come here and say that XC has multipath? I've just told you it does. What more do you want?

If Dan says it you still won't have access to the source code to how will this help you?

Furthermore you can make a private payment and then watch the fragments going out on any block explorer. That's multipath.

Yes, because it is important to note that development of the features has progressed as advertised. All I'm saying is that there are discrepancies between what PR says is released and what the developer says is released. This causes confusion. While PR is saying that more features are released than development has announced verbally, it just sounds like hype and no delivery. You have to understand we're all told to just "trust you" at face value for what we read in these forums. I'm not one to sit by idly and just "trust" someone without well-rounded communication.

Fair point, except that it's me who generally does the communicating for XC.

So you can generally expect to hear from me about new features, not from the devs.

Dan generally only posts links to software updates, along with a few provisory release notes. He doesn't generally post overviews of features.

This is because it's my job to do the communication, and it's his job to code.

Lastly, although you generally hear from me, anything regarding tech features are the result of long conversations with Dan. I ask about everything I need to know and then put it in normal language.

So if I say XC has a feature, then it does.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
wobbzz

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:32:59 PM

Fair point, except that it's me who generally does the communicating for XC.

So you can generally expect to hear from me about new features, not from the devs.

Dan generally only posts links to software updates, along with a few provisory release notes. He doesn't generally post overviews of features.

This is because it's my job to do the communication, and it's his job to code.

Lastly, although you generally hear from me, anything regarding tech features are the result of long conversations with Dan. I ask about everything I need to know and then put it in normal language.

So if I say XC has a feature, then it does.

I understand you have an authoritative voice here. I just ask for better documentation from the development side. Please list the features of each release in the release notes provided with the download. I would be satisfied with that. It would reduce the need for back and forth such as this. Thanks Synechist.

tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:33:31 PM

Arlyn, thanks for the communication. Took a look this morning and saw that Bittrex was now 3rd overall in volume, and one of their top coins has a problem with a missing dev. People are confused about the communication with XC? At least we have people around to communicate with. Just keep doing what you are doing Arlyn. Many supporters here who appreciate your time and effort.
biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

Anyway Guys in the PR Team get a hang with yourself in what you are doing and coordinate your News release with Dan and the Dev Team as Since the Release of Rev 2 there is a lot of confusion on where we are at the moment what we need to expect for the future and when.

I'm fully up to speed on the tech developments. I think that what's been happening is that people keep on recycling misinformation instead of reading my replies to them.

I've been saying since 7/7/14 that Rev 2 functionality is here.

Multipath is implemented and working, and what's more, we put in trustless mixing too.

I've been saying since 7/7/14 that you don't have to worry about 550XC for now and that every node is now an Xnode.

isn't there a page on the website that updates the progress and eta of upcoming progress of the coin? it would be easy access to those who need to pacify their curiosity ...and anyone newly interested in xc.

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:35:29 PM

it's my job to do the communication, and it's his job to code.

Just a brief comment on this. Ideally Dan would make a lot more announcements, since he's effectively the "CEO" as XC is his invention (not that XC is a company).

It's conventional for CEOs to announce products. However the workload and the pressure on Dan is extremely high and it's generally proved impractical to expect him to also handle communication roles.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
silkybrah

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:35:51 PM

Everytime I see an XC update:

http://insiderblog.hu/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_n02j1wv8zb1rpyzbko1_500.gif
wobbzz

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:36:23 PM

Anyway Guys in the PR Team get a hang with yourself in what you are doing and coordinate your News release with Dan and the Dev Team as Since the Release of Rev 2 there is a lot of confusion on where we are at the moment what we need to expect for the future and when.

I'm fully up to speed on the tech developments. I think that what's been happening is that people keep on recycling misinformation instead of reading my replies to them.

I've been saying since 7/7/14 that Rev 2 functionality is here.

Multipath is implemented and working, and what's more, we put in trustless mixing too.

I've been saying since 7/7/14 that you don't have to worry about 550XC for now and that every node is now an Xnode.

isn't there a page on the website that updates the progress and eta of upcoming progress of the coin? it would be easy access to those who need to pacify their curiosity ...and anyone newly interested in xc.

You mean the roadmap? The one that's supposed to be updated by Dan this weekend?

http://xc-official.com/xc-roadmap.html

wobbzz

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:38:15 PM

Arlyn, thanks for the communication. Took a look this morning and saw that Bittrex was now 3rd overall in volume, and one of their top coins has a problem with a missing dev. People are confused about the communication with XC? At least we have people around to communicate with. Just keep doing what you are doing Arlyn. Many supporters here who appreciate your time and effort.

Confused, yes. But very grateful for the team we have here.  Wink

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 08:38:59 PM

Thank you sir! I'll keep on communicating. And the clarity of information on XC will only improve.

My goal is to have the necessary information highly visible from all our platforms - and to have it all continually updated without some info getting out of date.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:42:09 PM

Mate, you do a superb job

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
GameStarter

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:43:17 PM

Thank you sir! I'll keep on communicating. And the clarity of information on XC will only improve.

My goal is to have the necessary information highly visible from all our platforms - and to have it all continually updated without some info getting out of date.

You already do a great job and i really appreciate you still want to improve Smiley

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:45:37 PM

Every one here appreciate the job done with this coin by the Dev and the PR team, that does not mean we have just to praise and do not suggest improvements on how to handle things if we see there is confusion. many people here have many thousands invested and are all in XC.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:45:39 PM

It must be so frustrating having to deal with all the trolls that have insecurity issues because they got burned by having other pump and dump coins dev constantly disappearing on them.   They are just not used to XC with the professional team that actually have an official PR person.

Keep up the good work!

silkybrah

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:45:47 PM

Does everyone have their astronaut suits?
Pages: « 1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 [844] 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: