Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 [855] 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:06:20 PM

So many pages.  Can someone give me Cliff Notes for the last couple of days?

A lot of derailing the thread with misinformation! Some genuine questions that were answered and help was given to newbie's

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:06:55 PM

No offence to rob, but adding a media planner/buyer to the team isnt even on my top ten list of things that have been great about this coin. I know allot of media planners and buyers and honestly I don't see where they fit in a project like this.

Adding a person with a Rob's background is huge because:

- almost all Cryptocurrencies are run by crypto-geeks and coders and marketed accordingly.

- XC is for the mainstream and thus we need people who understand how to market to the mainstream.

- without quality marketing a coin will never make it to the mainstream.

So adding Rob Kremers is hugely important to XC's future. It's a major score, and the community reacted as such.

Media planners and buyers focus on paid media campaigns. A typical exposure campaign starts at $10,000 minimum. Even if he goes through an online RTB platform I don't see how he is going to target well enough to really get the XC story across in a cost effective way, and even if he could, paid advertising is something big companies do with multi million dollar budgets, XC is still asking people for donations. If we're going to waste all those donations on paid media instead of going through PR agencies like we are now, then me, like the people I know who do robs job, think its a massive waste of money.

Basicly, we don't have the money for it. We're not going to get a good cost per engagement ratio. This isn't coming from me, this is coming from ex colleagues of mine who work with brands such as Microsoft, MasterCard, Nike, Exxon mobile, and have extremely tight relationships technology side with companies like google and facebook.

Don't get me wrong, I love this project, but I don't think Dan understands marketing projects like this if he is looking for media planners and buyers when we don't have a budget.

Seriously, anyone in the industry would tell you this is a serious waste of money..

The thing is, we do know what you've just said.

And yet we think it's a fantastic idea to get Rob on board.

What does this suggest to you about our future marketing plans?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:07:24 PM

A lot of derailing the thread with misinformation!

Oh, so everything is normal?
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:09:05 PM

Yeah for XC standards everything is normal Cheesy You saw the new updated roadmap?

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:09:33 PM

So many pages.  Can someone give me Cliff Notes for the last couple of days?

Yup. The only thing of significance that's happened is that we released an updated roadmap with the following new information on it:

- UI update at Rev 2 (that is, we're adding a tx progress bar and tx confirmation for privacy mode)

- Rev 3 UI preview at Rev 2.5

- Rev 2.5 is the point at which trustless mixing is merged with secure private messaging

- Additional tech update to xnodes in the Rev 2 phase (just to whet your appetites :-).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:12:10 PM

A lot of derailing the thread with misinformation! Some genuine questions that were answered and help was given to newbie's
& sushichef got drunk.....

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:14:55 PM

& sushichef got drunk.....

Since when is that news  Cheesy
the_game1224

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:15:16 PM

Media planners and buyers focus on paid media campaigns. A typical exposure campaign starts at $10,000 minimum. Even if he goes through an online RTB platform I don't see how he is going to target well enough to really get the XC story across in a cost effective way, and even if he could, paid advertising is something big companies do with multi million dollar budgets, XC is still asking people for donations. If we're going to waste all those donations on paid media instead of going through PR agencies like we are now, then me, like the people I know who do robs job, think its a massive waste of money.

Basicly, we don't have the money for it. We're not going to get a good cost per engagement ratio. This isn't coming from me, this is coming from ex colleagues of mine who work with brands such as Microsoft, MasterCard, Nike, Exxon mobile, and have extremely tight relationships technology side with companies like google and facebook.

Don't get me wrong, I love this project, but I don't think Dan understands marketing projects like this if he is looking for media planners and buyers when we don't have a budget.

Seriously, anyone in the industry would tell you this is a serious waste of money..

Let me spell it out for everyone is an easy to understand way.   They know how much a "typical exposure campaign" costs and fully plan on spending the money to make it happen.  In other words they are going big with this.
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:20:02 PM

No offence to rob, but adding a media planner/buyer to the team isnt even on my top ten list of things that have been great about this coin. I know allot of media planners and buyers and honestly I don't see where they fit in a project like this.

- almost all Cryptocurrencies are run by crypto-geeks and coders and marketed accordingly.

- XC is for the mainstream and thus we need people who understand how to market to the mainstream.

So adding Rob Kremers is hugely important to XC's future. It's a major score, and the community reacted as such.

That you either

1) have a couple hundred thousand dollars in funding
2) that rob won't actually be doing paid media, and will be using his expertise doing something else.
3) or no offence, but your out of your depth

Please tell me its one or two.

All the marketing strategists I've spoken to think this is just a gimmick. And if its not, then I seriously doubt anyone in the team understands digital marketing at all. You don't run paid media campaigns with an unknown product to a mass market audience unless you have a huge budget.

Paid media is usually one of the last things a company with a low budget should even consider.

I'm seriously open for discussion on this, but I really doubt anyone on the team, including rob, will be able to justify spending money on a paid media campaign for this project, its a complete waste of money.

Urghhhh. Just so you know, I love this project, I've been one of its biggest supporters. But this is crazy. Almost sucidal. If you think announcing rob is the biggest news yet then I'm inclined to sell my XC. It seriously announces a lack of understanding for the industry your trying to enter..

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:20:24 PM

So many pages.  Can someone give me Cliff Notes for the last couple of days?

Yup. The only thing of significance that's happened is that we released an updated roadmap with the following new information on it:

- UI update at Rev 2 (that is, we're adding a tx progress bar and tx confirmation for privacy mode)

- Rev 3 UI preview at Rev 2.5

- Rev 2.5 is the point at which trustless mixing is merged with secure private messaging

- Additional tech update to xnodes in the Rev 2 phase (just to whet your appetites :-).

Cool thanks.  My goal is to advertise that I'm the first person to buy a Ferrari with XC.  I want a green one with XC on the licence plate.
Mwalshe89

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:21:26 PM

Let me spell it out for everyone is an easy to understand way.   They know how much a "typical exposure campaign" costs and fully plan on spending the money to make it happen.  In other words they are going big with this.

Dude. You don't understand. It's a waste of money. Your not going to get a good cost per engagement with a product like XCs. The sheer amount of targeting required is not feasible considering the small amount of bitcoin related media platforms

You could get a hundred times better engagement with a thousand times less the cost by simply contacting all the bitcoin related journalists and getting them to publish pieces.

The only way this would work would be a banner campaign on all the major bitcoin sites, trying to reach a wider audience in this case is sucidal
phosphorush

Activity: 503

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:24:06 PM

anyone clarify me where is REV 2? haven't seen any official full release... only the beta one...

Your account locked, please contact support.
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:27:06 PM

anyone clarify me where is REV 2? haven't seen any official full release... only the beta one...

Lol
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:31:50 PM

can XC reach 0.01btc? Someone knows it at all? Smiley
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:33:19 PM

EVERYTHING prior to rev 3 are beta... what type of "full" release are you looking for?

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:33:25 PM

That you either

2) that rob won't actually be doing paid media, and will be using his expertise doing something else.

All the marketing strategists I've spoken to think this is just a gimmick. And if its not, then I seriously doubt anyone in the team understands digital marketing at all. You don't run paid media campaigns with an unknown product to a extremely targeted audience unless you have a huge budget.

Paid media is usually one of the last things a company with a low budget should even consider.

I'm seriously open for discussion on this, but I really doubt anyone on the team, including rob, will be able to justify spending money on a paid media campaign for this project, its a complete waste of money.

Urghhhh. Just so you know, I love this project, I've been one of its biggest supporters. But this is crazy. Almost sucidal. If you think announcing rob is the biggest news yet then I'm inclined to sell my XC. It seriously announces a lack of understanding for the industry your trying to enter..

What confuses me about this is that you entertain the possibility that we don't know what we're doing, yet Rob Kremers has done media buys before and so clearly knows what he's doing and what this costs. So how does this compute for you?

Secondly we stated that Rob is here as a "digital / social media strategist" not simply a media buyer - but of course paid social media campaigns are going to be a feature.

Lastly your list of possible interpretations is not exhaustive, since you underestimate the connections we have, and thus the amount of leverage we can get without the usual budget. Or for free.

On way or another we're doing a big public launch. And we're doing it with Rob's expertise. And that's a reason to be confident, since Rob knows what he's doing.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

[endless repetition of the misconception that the full Rev 2 is not out]

The full Rev 2 came out on 7/7/14. Come on.

Read the past 2 pages and you'll get that, never mind the majority my posts for the past few weeks.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mwalshe89

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:49:34 PM

That you either

All the marketing strategists I've spoken to think this is just a gimmick. And if its not, then I seriously doubt anyone in the team understands digital marketing at all. You don't run paid media campaigns with an unknown product to a extremely targeted audience unless you have a huge budget.

What confuses me about this is that you entertain the possibility that we don't know what we're doing, yet Rob Kremers has done media buys before and so clearly knows what he's doing and what this costs. So how does this compute for you?

Secondly we stated that Rob is here as a "digital / social media strategist" not simply a media buyer - but of course paid social media campaigns are going to be a feature.

Lastly your list of possible interpretations is not exhaustive, since you underestimate the connections we have, and thus the amount of leverage we can get without the usual budget. Or for free.

On way or another we're doing a big public launch. And we're doing it with Rob's expertise. And that's a reason to be confident, since Rob knows what he's doing.

Look, aslong as your not planning on running paid media campaigns on mass market websites then fine. But trust me, if you are, and rob is advising you to do this, then rob doesn't know what he's doing.

I know you guys think robs CV is impressive, but its really not.

Seriously, I'm sitting in a pub with two big marketing experts, ones the head of digital for a subsidiary of IPG and the others a account director at Carat. Google those companies. They have tens of employees just like rob..

Please. For the love of god, don't think your going to pull off mass marketing an unknown technological product on paid media. Please. Your going to literally waste all that money. If robs telling you to do that then please contact another marketing expert for advice. This is absolute madness. And not the cool sort of madness, the madness where you waste most of your budget on an ineffective medium for your product.

Please understand I love this project, I've never said anything more than hype for it, you can check my post history. But when you start talking about something I know a shit lot about, and its beyond dumb, I'm going to call you out on it.

Please, if rob is advising you on spending anymore than 20 percent of you budget on mass market paid media then sack him now. Use that money to contact a real expert. Sorry if this sounds rude, but from what I've been told, if rob suggested this to an unknown client, with an unknown product, and a small budget, he would be sacked on the spot. This is how crazy this all sounds..

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:50:43 PM

For those who still haven't got the message about Rev 2, I'll say it again and keep saying it:

The full Rev 2 has been out since 7/7/14

The final Rev 2 will just be refinements and UI improvements

Rev 2 includes an unprecedented world-first: trustless mixing

Rev 2 is multinode multipath: transaction fragments are sent to multiple nodes and then mixed and forwarded trustlessly

Private transactions are multisig and nodes cannot steal coins

Every XC app is an Xnode

(You don't need 550XC to run an Xnode)

XC's anonymity level is ridiculously high. There's nothing like it.

[/quote]

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:52:34 PM

For those who still haven't got the message about Rev 2, I'll say it again and keep saying it:

The full Rev 2 has been out since 7/7/14

The final Rev 2 will just be refinements and UI improvements

Rev 2 includes an unprecedented world-first: trustless mixing

Rev 2 is multinode multipath: transaction fragments are sent to multiple nodes and then mixed and forwarded trustlessly

Private transactions are multisig and nodes cannot steal coins

Every XC app is an Xnode

(You don't need 550XC to run an Xnode)

XC's anonymity level is ridiculously high. There's nothing like it.

[/quote]

So is there an incentive anymore in holding 550 XC or not?
Pages: « 1 ... 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 [855] 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: