Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 [856] 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
phosphorush

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:58:12 PM

[endless repetition of the misconception that the full Rev 2 is not out]

The full Rev 2 came out on 7/7/14. Come on.

Read the past 2 pages and you'll get that, never mind the majority my posts for the past few weeks.

ok, there was that "a-lot-of-btc-bounty"?

Your account locked, please contact support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:00:28 PM

[opinion which I do not dispute, about the foolishness of big media buys for XC at this stage]

Again, you entertain the possibility that we don't know what we're doing, yet Rob has done media buys before and therefore does know what he's doing.

You further allow this possibility to create the further imaginary possibility that Rob might be advising us to do big media buys. This is not based on any information we've given out.

Finally this is putting across the possibility that we're out of our depth/are going for an ineffectual marketing strategy/wasting large amounts of money - all based on what? - our having announced that we have a "digital / social media strategist"?

I just don't see how any of this computes. Your entire speculation above is very far from the reality of our upcoming public launch.

I wish I could disclose the actual plans to you, since this would dissolve all this immediately. But of course I can't. But seriously, just rest assured that:

- we have a talented digital / social media strategist.

End.

That's all we said. I just don't know where all this other stuff came from.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:01:21 PM

Read the past 2 pages and you'll get that, never mind the majority my posts for the past few weeks.

The big bounty is for Rev 3. Again, this misconception is being endlessly recycled because people don't check their facts and instead just believe all the crap floating around on this thread.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
phosphorush

Activity: 503

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:02:02 PM

The big bounty is for Rev 3. Again, this misconception is being endlessly recycled because people don't check their facts and instead just believe all the crap floating around on this thread.

i don't know where is the fact bank Cheesy

PS: you comment about reading the last 2 pages on this thread is kinda in contradiction with that xD

Your account locked, please contact support.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:03:09 PM

[opinion which I do not dispute, about the foolishness of big media buys for XC at this stage]

Again, you entertain the possibility that we don't know what we're doing, yet Rob has done media buys before and therefore does know what he's doing.

You further allow this possibility to create the further imaginary possibility that Rob might be advising us to do big media buys. This is not based on any information we've given out.

Finally this is putting across the possibility that we're out of our depth/are going for an ineffectual marketing strategy/wasting large amounts of money - all based on what? - our having announced that we have a "digital / social media strategist"?

I just don't see how any of this computes. Your entire speculation above is very far from the reality of our upcoming public launch.

I wish I could disclose the actual plans to you, since this would dissolve all this immediately. But of course I can't. But seriously, just rest assured that:

End.

He said he was in a pub.  One too many drinks?  Wink

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:03:35 PM

For those who still haven't got the message about Rev 2, I'll say it again and keep saying it:

The full Rev 2 has been out since 7/7/14

The final Rev 2 will just be refinements and UI improvements

Rev 2 includes an unprecedented world-first: trustless mixing

Rev 2 is multinode multipath: transaction fragments are sent to multiple nodes and then mixed and forwarded trustlessly

Private transactions are multisig and nodes cannot steal coins

Every XC app is an Xnode

(You don't need 550XC to run an Xnode)

XC's anonymity level is ridiculously high. There's nothing like it.

So is there an incentive anymore in holding 550 XC or not?
[/quote]

You don't need 550XC any more.

We'll consider a minimum amount for other purposes and announce that at some point in the future.

But since mixing is now trustless, having money in your wallet does not improve security at all. Hence our dropping the 550XC minimum.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:05:54 PM

There is no need to hire a PR firm, this technology is still super niche, you'll waste a lot of money splashing around small fish in a big pond. If the media buys are outside the BTC niche (coindesk, newsbtc, cointelegraph, /r/bitcoin) than they are, in my opinion, pissing in the wind.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:12:08 PM

There is no need to hire a PR firm, this technology is still super niche, you'll waste a lot of money splashing around small fish in a big pond. If the media buys are outside the BTC niche (coindesk, newsbtc, cointelegraph, /r/bitcoin) than they are, in my opinion, pissing in the wind.

Who said we're doing any big media buys?

To repeat: we hired a "digital / social media strategist". That's all.

Somehow someone wrongly got the idea that this means we're doing big media buys.

For heaven's sake, can we all just drop the question?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:14:53 PM

i don't know where is the fact bank Cheesy

PS: you comment about reading the last 2 pages on this thread is kinda in contradiction with that xD

Who said there is a fact bank?

You don't need a fact bank in order to check your facts.

But you do need to check your facts.

Try reading my post history next time. It'll help.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:15:38 PM

You have some constructive things we as a community can discuss?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:17:44 PM

How about the updated roadmap?

To date nobody's really discussed the new info on it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:22:20 PM

End.

Ok, cool. I might be jumping the gun. I just see media planner buyer, and BIG plans, and considering the current stage of this project, my brain starts throwing out major warning signals.

Rob is very talented. As long as your not going mass market with a large portion of the budget then I take back everything I've said.

Keep up the great work.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:25:31 PM

End.

Ok, cool. I might be jumping the gun. I just see media planner buyer, and BIG plans, and considering the current stage of this project, my brain starts throwing out major warning signals.

Rob is very talented. As long as your not going mass market with a large portion of the budget then I take back everything I've said.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Mwalshe. Much appreciated.

You're welcome to PM me about the upcoming launch too if you have any concepts/connections that might enhance it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:25:35 PM

Yes, I agree. Most interesting thing I found was the new Wallet UI pre-view! together with this link Drasticraven.deviantart.com I am pretty XCited

Also the marketing tab seems nice. Could we sometimes get some sneak peaks to keep us in the loop?
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:26:14 PM

Hi Synechist, May I ask if in Rev 2.45 You can start already to receive payments as an xnode or this will be left to Rev 2.5?

Plus in the Anon Transaction Readme was stated that to make anon transaction you cannot have more than 100Xc in the wallet and you can send just 10XC. Can you confirm if this is still the case and if this will change in Rev 2.5?

Thank you.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:27:34 PM

Seriously....if you have a question about where this project is and you're too lazy to go back a few pages and read entire posts, just click on the latest post from: synechist

That right there will tell you everything you're looking for.  No BS, no misinformation, no misinterpretation........It's all there to see.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:34:32 PM

In the shitcoin world, you join a forum, you read the news, price is pumped. Release is due, price pumps for 5 minutes, then dumps a lot. Then you move to the next shitcoin. This behaviour is typical of the scene, and is predictable.

In Bitcoin's first years(even now), nothing was predictable. No1 knew what would happen.

XC's trading laws do not comply with shitcoins' ones, you have a full team actively developing and supporting forums pretty much 24/7, and lots of features yet to come.  I am currently holding my XC like others hold their bitcoins, and trade shitcoins accordingly. Where will you be when the XC platform gets delivered? Web 3.0? Can't w8

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:37:46 PM

Hi Synechist, May I ask if in Rev 2.45 You can start already to receive payments as an xnode or this will be left to Rev 2.5?

Plus in the Anon Transaction Readme was stated that to make anon transaction you cannot have more than 100Xc in the wallet and you can send just 10XC. Can you confirm if this is still the case and if this will change in Rev 2.5?

Thank you.

Fees for processing payments have not yet been set. However there was a discussion on the forum last week where everyone agreed it would be best to keep fees low and thereby incentivise users. Nodes would then get more volume and thus make the same income, yet users would pay less.

You can have more than 100XC in your wallet, but we advise caution while we continue to tweak and test the Rev 2 features.

After all, we have a very strong desire to avoid anyone losing money.

Presently you can only send 10XC anonymously. This is an artificial, temporary restriction for the same reason: we really don't want a single XC to get lost. It's incredibly new tech. There's no reason to risk anyone's funds, and adding risk won't help us test the tech.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:39:54 PM

In the shitcoin world, you join a forum, you read the news, price is pumped. Release is due, price pumps for 5 minutes, then backs down. Then you move to the next shitcoin. This is behaviour is typical of the scene, and is predictable.

In Bitcoin's first years(even now), nothing was predictable. No1 knew what would happen.

XC's trading laws do not comply with shitcoins' ones, you have a full team actively developing and supporting forums pretty much 24/7, and lots of features yet to come.  I am currently holding my XC like others hold their bitcoins, and trade shitcoins accordingly. Where will you be when the XC platform gets delivered? Web 3.0? Can't w8

Nicely said.  Same here brother....same here.
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

Thank you.

Fees for processing payments have not yet been set. However there was a discussion on the forum last week where everyone agreed it would be best to keep fees low and thereby incentivise users. Nodes would then get more volume and thus make the same income, yet users would pay less.

You can have more than 100XC in your wallet, but we advise caution while we continue to tweak and test the Rev 2 features.

After all, we have a very strong desire to avoid anyone losing money.

Presently you can only send 10XC anonymously. This is an artificial, temporary restriction for the same reason: we really don't want a single XC to get lost. It's incredibly new tech. There's no reason to risk anyone's funds, and adding risk won't help us test the tech.

Thank you for the Reply very Clear Smiley Keep it up Smiley and sorry if yesterday I sounded as an ass I was just a bit confused on where we were with the project.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Pages: « 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 [856] 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: