Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:32:18 PM

Hi all

A nice little update from the devs:

There'll be a new version of the EM app coming out before long.

The word is that it will feature a "Skype-like" messaging interface, with a list of users on the left.

Can't wait!

Sounds interesting.  Is this chat or messaging?  Will we be able to make an account name?

I don't think there'd be any third party to have an account with. :-)

Is it chat or just messaging?

"Secure private messaging" is what I'm calling it. I haven't been given specifics as to how messages will be represented, and neither am I sure of what you're asking. If the update is "Skype-like" it sounds like a chat UI though.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:34:13 PM

The word is that it will feature a "Skype-like" messaging interface, with a list of users on the left.

Nice,
- are the messages stored in the blockchain?
- can you chat if you're behind a firewall or nat and can't do port forwarding?
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

Im sure this will be deleted because the you Kool Aid drinkers freak out whenever some one points out the obvious and you don't want to believe it... XC just fell below a critical support line and the EMA lines on the 4hr... If you really want XC sell now and catch cheaper cause any trader can see the signals

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:37:49 PM

Nice,

- Messages go through the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunnelling built into the core of the Xnode right back in Rev 1.

- Basically where Bitcoin has a broadcasting system, XC has the encrypted Xnode protocol.

- This means that your messages don't get preserved for perpetuity in a blockchain (which would be a terrible idea for private messaging :-)

- Technical details re. firewalls, NAT, etc. will become available upon the release.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:40:08 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 03:05:31 PM by synechist

[weird opinion]

Oh hi Pookielax

Do you mean this support line?

Long term rising trendline has held since the bottom. I see no sign of distress.

Also I have no idea what trendline you were referring to because your chart lacked one... and the stochastic is in the undersold region.

Finally you're on the wrong thread to discuss trading. You know where to go for that since you used to be an XC community member.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

Thank you Smiley I know about the Official tor stick but I thought you can do one yourself right now as well correct? there was a link somewhere in the website to Download the Torstick file and make a USB drive into a tor stick, But I don't find it right now. I just Bought three 16 GB USB drives to test it out

Don't know if it is still available. This was a alpha test for ease of use!

Also the image was bigger then "normal" (consumer) amount of GB on a 16GB stick so I think that will not work with this image. Dan said that it would be fixed for final release

Yeah that was a testnet-only thing if I remember correctly, and only shared with a few people for testing.

I wouldn't recommend using it since XC didn't have trustless mixing at that stage.

It would work, but you'd be better off using Rev 2.45.

Thank you can't wait for the next update with EM Damn slow down as I will need to buy more!!

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
conradjohnson

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:42:52 PM

Nice,

- Messages go through the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunnelling built into the core of the Xnode right back in Rev 1.

- Basically where Bitcoin has a broadcasting system, XC has the encrypted Xnode protocol.

- This means that your messages don't get preserved for perpetuity in a blockchain (which would be a terrible idea for private messaging :-)

- Technical details re. firewalls, NAT, etc. will become available upon the release.

Will the messaging require XC coin to be held to use?  Like a token... Therefore increasing demand for the currency?  Not a pay to use system but rather a proof that you hold xc?
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:43:50 PM

Still posting your rockets on Cloak Pookie?

Think my decision to sell at 134 still looks pretty good Cheesy

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:45:07 PM

Still posting your rockets on Cloak Pookie?

Think my decision to sell at 134 still looks pretty good Cheesy

This would say much different
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:46:35 PM

Yep, this is what I am seeing. Coiling price between lower highs and higher lows, however, at least short-term on the daily is trending down. Still above support and nothing to be alarmed about until you start seeing closes below.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:47:28 PM

Nice,

Will the messaging require XC coin to be held to use?  Like a token... Therefore increasing demand for the currency?  Not a pay to use system but rather a proof that you hold xc?

I don't think so. Actually I think we'd prefer to lower the barrier to entry because it maximises the number of chat users. More chat users means more apps left running, which means more nodes to process transactions :-)

But yeah, some sort of minimum XC requirement might be a good idea too.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
illodin

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:49:29 PM

Nice,

Sorry I'm confused about the terminology, is the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunneling a direct tunnel between the two chatting nodes, or does it route through other nodes?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:51:41 PM

Nice,

I don't think so. Actually I think we'd prefer to lower the barrier to entry because it maximises the number of chat users. More chat users means more apps left running, which means more nodes to process transactions :-)

Update from Dan:

XC messaging has an advantage over many chat apps because if you're not online, it's still possible to send you messages.

The current setting stores pending messages for 48 hours; this could be extended in future.

Lastly, it's more of a chat app than an email app at present. Nice to have that clarified.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 02:57:29 PM

Nice,

Sorry I'm confused about the terminology, is the end-to-end encrypted P2P tunneling a direct tunnel between the two chatting nodes, or does it route through other nodes?

Update from Dan:

XC messaging has an advantage over many chat apps because if you're not online, it's still possible to send you messages.

The current setting stores pending messages for 48 hours; this could be extended in future.

Lastly, it's more of a chat app than an email app at present. Nice to have that clarified.

It's not direct since this is effectively XC's broadcasting system. That's how pending messages can be stored and delivered when you come online.

CORRECTION: it is direct. Hah, glad I double-checked with the devs about this.

Messages are still stored when the recipient is offline.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:08:33 PM

Nice,

Will the messaging require XC coin to be held to use?  Like a token... Therefore increasing demand for the currency?  Not a pay to use system but rather a proof that you hold xc?

Update from Dan:

It's not direct since this is effectively XC's broadcasting system. That's how pending messages can be stored and delivered when you come online.

Is it going to be as secure as PGP messaging (not that I understand this a great deal)

Basically, will the messages be 100% unreadable by anyone other than sender and receiver?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:12:46 PM

Nice,

Will the messaging require XC coin to be held to use?  Like a token... Therefore increasing demand for the currency?  Not a pay to use system but rather a proof that you hold xc?

Update from Dan:

Is it going to be as secure as PGP messaging (not that I understand this a great deal)

Basically, will the messages be 100% unreadable by anyone other than sender and receiver?

It'll be a LOT more secure.

It uses public key encryption, like the rest of a cryptocurrency.

Plus it's decentralised. No third parties. Done.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:19:59 PM

We need to get Edward Snowden using it, that would increase publicity.... HE uses 3 different machines at the moment to contact the outside world and encrypted chat.. Anyone know how to contact him!? Cheesy

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:20:42 PM

It'll be a LOT more secure.

It uses public key encryption, like the rest of a cryptocurrency.

Plus it's decentralised. No third parties. Done.

HUGE

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:21:28 PM

We need to get Edward Snowden using it, that would increase publicity.... HE uses 3 different machines at the moment to contact the outside world and encrypted chat.. Anyone know how to contact him!? Cheesy

maybe XC from the get-go was supposed to be an NSA means in contacting snowden

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
illodin

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:21:39 PM

If the chat is directly between the two nodes, it would give away his IP address. Probably not what he wants.
Pages: « 1 ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: