Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:49:27 AM

Somebody wants our coins, XC is building nicely.... Slow and steady like a well made stew.

Humm - Trying to figure out if I should cash in the last of my LTC (which drives me nuts) for another chunk

Oh my God man do you still believe in LTC?HuhHuh? I cashed Out two months ago LTC is Dead IMO XC will overtake it easy by November

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:52:50 AM

cannot wait XC to have USD  exposure. Hopefully it's before the next BTC pump
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:53:55 AM

Hoertest, generosity is a virtue, and virtues have long-term and short-term benefits. There's absolutely no need to be less than virtuous, ever.

There is little doubt in my mind that Dan's review will be beneficial to all parties, and mostly to XC.

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. ....

Where is cloak now? It has nothing special really, just a pump and dump related to the hype taking place into the trade...
There is too much centralization there...and cheap fancy developments...

cloaksend? a mere 3-4 hours php script

http://www.cloaksend.com/api/cloaks/CBnkPKapz8U2FKc7EQSeCcSZ3qPD82XpGp/C5qKmSjW1K1CiADtnMHMPBjQWybHQ9S8ce/50.0

onemarket? another centralized king-of-website, integrated into the WALLET...

Anyway, I'm happy for a thing related to cloak right now, which is seeing that mintpal has not lost the trust yet, and there is still volume on the exchange...

I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

one more thing. I'm all for giving value and recieving value type of actions in this crypto community. Tell me where is the value keycoin devs is giving to XC in exchange for Dans time except that one line thank you so far?

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:56:14 AM

Somebody wants our coins, XC is building nicely.... Slow and steady like a well made stew.

Humm - Trying to figure out if I should cash in the last of my LTC (which drives me nuts) for another chunk

Oh my God man do you still believe in LTC?HuhHuh? I cashed Out two months ago LTC is Dead IMO XC will overtake it easy by November

Yes, Litecoin lost its reason to exist a long time ago. Its purpose was faster transaction times and being memory hard and so more ASIC resistant. There are much better alternatives for both of these things now, so what is the purpose of Litecoin? Its continuing to limp on purely based on the fact that it is used on exchanges for trading pairs, but even that is being reduced.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:58:17 AM

I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

one more thing. I'm all for giving value and recieving value type of actions in this crypto community. Tell me where is the value keycoin devs is giving to XC in exchange for Dans time except that one line thank you so far?

The point is that Dan's review is the value given to XC.

- it establishes Dan's reputation in the community

- it demonstrates his spirit of mutual respect and goodwill

- it further solidifies XC's reputation as a real, legit project

- it gets Key members interested in XC.

Best move ever on Dan's part.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:58:30 AM

Friendly reminder :

Please don't hate on other coins in this thread. Other coins have a similar devoted community like us here at XC. Attacking the fundamentals of other coins is unprofessional. Also, remember that fud sticks to whoever posts it. We pride ourselves in being cool headed and courteous, whenever another coin gains some market recognition, congratulate them and focus on our own task. Remember that on a strategic level all coins that have legitimate development are an attempt to be free from the oppressive banking system and or privacy infringement. We are all pioneers albeit with different stakes or claims, battles should be fought against our shared adversary, not among ourselves.

Regardless if you support DRK, CLOAK or XC we are all crypto brothers.
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:03:41 PM

Hoertest, generosity is a virtue, and virtues have long-term and short-term benefits. There's absolutely no need to be less than virtuous, ever.

There is little doubt in my mind that Dan's review will be beneficial to all parties, and mostly to XC.

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. ....

Where is cloak now? It has nothing special really, just a pump and dump related to the hype taking place into the trade...

http://www.cloaksend.com/api/cloaks/CBnkPKapz8U2FKc7EQSeCcSZ3qPD82XpGp/C5qKmSjW1K1CiADtnMHMPBjQWybHQ9S8ce/50.0

Anyway, I'm happy for a thing related to cloak right now, which is seeing that mintpal has not lost the trust yet, and there is still volume on the exchange...

I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

Its one page back ....
I recently discovered XC since your opinion about Key
I thought XC was a scam, because i read a lot of Fud posts and i change my mind now
Your name seems know and respected by the community
I will focus more and i think invest

holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:09:40 PM

Yes, Litecoin lost its reason to exist a long time ago. Its purpose was faster transaction times and being memory hard and so more ASIC resistant. There are much better alternatives for both of these things now, so what is the purpose of Litecoin? Its continuing to limp on purely based on the fact that it is used on exchanges for trading pairs, but even that is being reduced.

Yep - totally agree with both these things. I kept it to have a "balanced portfolio" but the balance now seems to be between good stuff and shit stuff 
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:13:02 PM

Yep - totally agree with both these things. I kept it to have a "balanced portfolio" but the balance now seems to be between good stuff and shit stuff 

I hold XC mainly, some LTC and a few other small holdings, without going OT, LTC is not dead, but XC is certainly more exciting at the moment....

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

Guess you talked him into it. You are way to invested in this whole mutual generosity Dalai lama of Business thing. I'm all for respect but its to much, and yes i would like to see some more effort from key devs personally.

And after all he has accomplished you consider this his best move ever ? Your priorities are off
prospect

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:28:03 PM

I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

Agree fully.
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:29:44 PM

RE the code review, its a balancing act IMO, there are certainly two sides, do microsoft help IBM, do apple help samsung? Not really, but when there is something in it for both parties, rivals co operate.. I guess what we at XC have to be clear on is, what are we looking to get out of these agreements, if its not want we are looking for then we should not do it, if it is, then we should....

I bow to the teams judgement on this and have to assume this is a mutually beneficial agreement.

FoldingTime

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:33:57 PM

Friendly reminder :

Please don't hate on other coins in this thread. Other coins have a similar devoted community like us here at XC. Attacking the fundamentals of other coins is unprofessional. Also, remember that fud sticks to whoever posts it. We pride ourselves in being cool headed and courteous, whenever another coin gains some market recognition, congratulate them and focus on our own task. Remember that on a strategic level all coins that have legitimate development are an attempt to be free from the oppressive banking system and or privacy infringement. We are all pioneers albeit with different stakes or claims, battles should be fought against our shared adversary, not among ourselves.

Regardless if you support DRK, CLOAK or XC we are all crypto brothers.

+1
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:38:17 PM

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. i don't want to bash other coins. but helping out left and right while the own project is not yet in the possition to do such things is a mistake too.
If the REV3 campaign would be already on the road and Dan would have some sparetime I would be fine with such reviews . but now?
Only one liners and short updates from him for weeks in here and then he has the time for that write up and checking the code. This was a ego thing, you can tell me what you want about the philanthropic intentions.

Think what you will.. but don't think that I'm not spending 8+ hours per day working on XCurrency, We are currently on RC4 EM testing, just finished a new build a few minutes ago, not to mention the other development activities happening and getting prepared for the xc-tor-stick release

I thought XC was a scam, because i read a lot of Fud posts and i change my mind now

We have the most awesome dev around! Commited as hell and personally i don't care if he writes 10 post a day or 3-5 a week as long as the information about affairs is supplied
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:41:44 PM

RE the code review, its a balancing act IMO, there are certainly two sides, do microsoft help IBM, do apple help samsung? Not really, but when there is something in it for both parties, rivals co operate.. I guess what we at XC have to be clear on is, what are we looking to get out of these agreements, if its not want we are looking for then we should not do it, if it is, then we should....

I bow to the teams judgement on this and have to assume this is a mutually beneficial agreement.

Microsoft doesn't help IBM, but you are talking about an established industry that's fully embedded into society's daily lives. There's no longer a need for the computer and software industry to prove themselves to the public.   Crypto is still a complete mystery to the public and most that have heard of crypto consider it untrustworthy.  The value in Dan establishing himself as a trusted figure makes XC stand out from the crowd of crap coins.

Hell, I don't even check the price of XC or this thread that much anymore.  XC is by far my biggest holding and it sits in my wallet with full confidence. It's my new Bitcoin.  I have so much confidence I don't feel the need to check news on XC or the price. I seriously have no idea what the price is right now.  Cheesy
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:45:28 PM

Sorry, but I agree with this until we have a fucking white paper or something explaining our tech. I'm sick of hearing that XC is way ahead in terms of the tech... HOW DO WE KNOW THIS IS TRUE? WHERE IS THE DOCUMENTATION OR PROOF?

Start using your heads, my god.
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:45:41 PM

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. i don't want to bash other coins. but helping out left and right while the own project is not yet in the possition to do such things is a mistake too.
If the REV3 campaign would be already on the road and Dan would have some sparetime I would be fine with such reviews . but now?
Only one liners and short updates from him for weeks in here and then he has the time for that write up and checking the code. This was a ego thing, you can tell me what you want about the philanthropic intentions.

Think what you will.. but don't think that I'm not spending 8+ hours per day working on XCurrency, We are currently on RC4 EM testing, just finished a new build a few minutes ago, not to mention the other development activities happening and getting prepared for the xc-tor-stick release

Welcome sir!

Let us know if we can help you in any way, we have a good community here.

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:50:21 PM

Guess you talked him into it. You are way to invested in this whole mutual generosity Dalai lama of Business thing. I'm all for respect but its to much, and yes i would like to see some more effort from key devs personally.

And after all he has accomplished you consider this his best move ever ? Your priorities are off

I had nothing whatsoever to do with that review. I heard about it when the rest of you did. Dan did it entirely of his own volition. So there goes that theory.

Secondly, though I'm not personally that into the Dalai Lama, if you're using him as an exemplar of ethical conduct then yes, it's damn well correct that we should be ethically exemplary. It's a HUGE competitive advantage.

If you disagree, that's fine with me. I'm not interested in enforcing compliance of belief.

But can you just drop this issue now? You've been simply repeating yourself for a few pages.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

Microsoft doesn't help IBM, but you are talking about an established industry that's fully embedded into society's daily lives. There's no longer a need for the computer and software industry to prove themselves to the public.   Crypto is still a complete mystery to the public and most that have heard of crypto consider it untrustworthy.  The value in Dan establishing himself as a trusted figure makes XC stand out from the crowd of crap coins.

Hell, I don't even check the price of XC or this thread that much anymore.  XC is by far my biggest holding and it sits in my wallet with full confidence. It's my new Bitcoin.  I have so much confidence I don't feel the need to check news on XC or the price. I seriously have no idea what the price is right now.  Cheesy

Must admit, im getting much less into the habit of being bothered by it, I do think we are going in the right direction and I do trust the team.. I also think we are improving all the time and learning where we may have mis stepped in the past..

All in all its looking very positive.... AND its great to see all these new faces .... As per above ... Welcome.

PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:54:39 PM

Sorry, but I agree with this until we have a fucking white paper or something explaining our tech. I'm sick of hearing that XC is way ahead in terms of the tech... HOW DO WE KNOW THIS IS TRUE? WHERE IS THE DOCUMENTATION OR PROOF?

Start using your heads, my god.

Wake up angry? Grin

For one, how about the fact that no one has cracked XC's anonymity? And people have TRIED HARD.

Two, REV1 has been open sourced in good faith to show that there is indeed real development here.  And even though REV1 was excellent, it's still like comparing a Honda Civic to a Pagani Zonda with what we have now.

Three, XChat uses the same multi-path approach as transacting XCurrency, to ensure fast and secure communications.  This is nearing completion to be fully implemented into the app.

If you can't see the positives, sell me your coinnnnsssssss....

Pages: « 1 ... 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: