Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:44:46 AM

WTF Shadowcoin has everything we have plus cellphone stacking wallet...

Do they have a solid dev like ours?
I don't believe it...sounds like a load of shit to me.

looks like they are going through the same shit as us. price just gone down since that was released.  Huh

They have unknown Dev unlike us. Looks like they could be our closest competition though.
Have all there feature been proven to work and tested? like no one has been able to break our anonymity has there's had the same scrutiny, just curious.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:48:52 AM

looks like they are going through the same shit as us. price just gone down since that was released.  Huh

They have unknown Dev unlike us. Looks like they could be our closest competition though.
Have all there feature been proven to work and tested? like no one has been able to break our anonymity has there's had the same scrutiny, just curious.

Dont think so, but I could be wrong. I haven't spent that much time over there, just downloaded their mob wallet to check it out.

I hope when XC release their mobile wallet it is 100X more user friendly. theirs is pretty much like a normal PC wallet just ported to mobile so everything is small and fiddly.

Ours wants to be more like a cross between mycelium and whatsapp I'd say.

fair play to them though.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:49:06 AM

undervalued or perhaps just no one wants to buy it? Anyway - I thought it was a scam that collapsed in February. Is this the same people or just the same name? Whatever. I find some of the claims ridiculous. e.g. is Apple really going to pass an iOS version of the apparently just cobbled together "shadow coin" wallet from an anonymous developer when it only just came to terms with bitcoin?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:54:48 AM

undervalued or perhaps just no one wants to buy it? Anyway - I thought it was a scam that collapsed in February. Is this the same people or just the same name? Whatever. I find some of the claims ridiculous. e.g. is Apple really going to pass an iOS version of the apparently just cobbled together "shadow coin" wallet from an anonymous developer when it only just came to terms with bitcoin?

For whatever it's worth - I was in Vertcoin pretty heavy and the devs created an iOS wallet that Apple rejected.  So it might be worth getting some feedback (if you can) before dumping too much time into it.  I doubt the Anon feature is going to help with the Nazi's @ Apple  ...
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:57:04 AM

I just would be very surprised if they have what we have, i'm not worried or anything, Dan has vision, a plan, the skills too do it and experience in running a major corporation, XC will be more then a currency when finished, it will be a business so being able to manage that is important when XC gets big, those things combined in one Dev is hard to beat, there can only be one king and that is and will be XC.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:58:23 AM

For whatever it's worth - I was in Vertcoin pretty heavy and the devs created an iOS wallet that Apple rejected.  So it might be worth getting some feedback (if you can) before dumping too much time into it.  I doubt the Anon feature is going to help with the Nazi's @ Apple  ...
Good to see you over hear mate  Cheesy I'm sure your the same guy i was talking to yesterday, excuse me if i'm wrong might be just similar user names.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:58:46 AM

I just would be very surprised if they have what we have, i'm not worried or anything, Dan has vision, a plan, the skills too do it and experience in running a major corporation, XC will be more then a currency when finished, it will be a business so being able to manage that is important when XC gets big, those things combined in one Dev is hard to beat, there can only be one king and that is and will be XC.

I really wasn't commenting on Vertcoin capability vs XC - just explaining Apple's likely reaction.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:01:20 AM

I really wasn't commenting on Vertcoin capability vs XC - just explaining Apple's likely reaction.
Yeah i know i wrote that comment before i saw your comment all good mate.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:04:33 AM

For whatever it's worth - I was in Vertcoin pretty heavy and the devs created an iOS wallet that Apple rejected.  So it might be worth getting some feedback (if you can) before dumping too much time into it.  I doubt the Anon feature is going to help with the Nazi's @ Apple  ...

Exactly - those guys are pretty strict. I think the chances it'll be rejected are pretty much 100%. For an iOS wallet to be acceptable even for XC it would need to be
very above board. I think the XC privacy/encryption feature would have to be made very innocuous looking.

Anyway for the wallet interface I think the hive wallet is great.
https://www.hivewallet.com
It's very Skype-like with account contacts etc, so would be perfect to expand on with encrypted messaging. Just a thought - I wonder if it is worth seeing if these guys or similar want to incorporate XChat and therefore XCurrency into their platform instead of writing a new mobile wallet entirely from scratch. Certainly they would benefit. Don't know how far along that end of things is.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:04:37 AM

Good to see you over hear mate  Cheesy

Lol - working on it.  I actually had a little bit of an idea (weighing my options with our bet ... still working on funding.  Stupid Coinbase)

Anyway.  I was thinking a little about Ethereum.  I know a lot of people think it's a scam or whatever.  Which is fine - but one of the things I feel like they nailed with their coin is that they are using it to pay miners fees for running the touring complete script.  I also feel like MaidSafe is doing it correctly with their Proof of Resource by paying people to turn over their bandwidth / whatever.  The coin is tied to the utility being provided.

I'm NOT advertising other coins.  I don't own any maidsafe or ethereum.  Nor am I convinced they are good places to put money.

But understanding the XC is really two different things.  1 - A privacy platform that works off nodes/wallets.  2 - A currency (that works inside the nodes).  Wouldn't it make more sense to do a PoPN - or Proof of Privacy Node?

Basically I see the value of XC (assuming it's the best anon) - the value is coming from the nodes.  Not the people who hold the most coins (which really isn't even necessary for the privacy to work).  Also wouldn't it make sense to charge something for messages / skype calls / whatever that the nodes that are privatizing these things "harvest / mine"?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:05:43 AM

Good to see you over hear mate  Cheesy I'm sure your the same guy i was talking to yesterday, excuse me if i'm wrong might be just similar user names.

Lol - yes.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:14:51 AM

I like the look of the Hive wallet and PopN Is an interesting concept, nice ideas, taking different ideas from different coins, tweaking and using them for XC is the way to go i thinks.
Driv3n

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:17:24 AM

Lol - working on it.  I actually had a little bit of an idea (weighing my options with our bet ... still working on funding.  Stupid Coinbase)

Anyway.  I was thinking a little about Ethereum.  I know a lot of people think it's a scam or whatever.  Which is fine - but one of the things I feel like they nailed with their coin is that they are using it to pay miners fees for running the touring complete script.  I also feel like MaidSafe is doing it correctly with their Proof of Resource by paying people to turn over their bandwidth / whatever.  The coin is tied to the utility being provided.

I'm NOT advertising other coins.  I don't own any maidsafe or ethereum.  Nor am I convinced they are good places to put money.

But understanding the XC is really two different things.  1 - A privacy platform that works off nodes/wallets.  2 - A currency (that works inside the nodes).  Wouldn't it make more sense to do a PoPN - or Proof of Privacy Node?

Basically I see the value of XC (assuming it's the best anon) - the value is coming from the nodes.  Not the people who hold the most coins (which really isn't even necessary for the privacy to work).  Also wouldn't it make sense to charge something for messages / skype calls / whatever that the nodes that are privatizing these things "harvest / mine"?

I wish I had the technical knowledge to discuss these types of suggestions, perhaps when the whitepaper is released this weekend and we have a better idea of the different layers of privacy that XC provides it'll be easier to.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:17:57 AM

Color me skeptical

Actually just color me bad Grin
G-Bert

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:18:54 AM

Ha! I was there for that. no bickering today you 2. LOL

Im still pretty much all in on XC, good luck to shadow, but I dont think they'll get too much further unless the dev team proves who they are.

Still, they seem a lot better than DRK and CLOAK etc... and apparently their code is open source (just asked in the forum)

let me know if you want me to delete this post as im not strictly talking about XC here.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:23:13 AM

Im still pretty much all in on XC, good luck to shadow, but I dont think they'll get too much further unless the dev team proves who they are.

Still, they seem a lot better than DRK and CLOAK etc... and apparently their code is open source (just asked in the forum)

let me know if you want me to delete this post as im not strictly talking about XC here.
Yeah it got heated didn't it, I'm protective of my XC  Cheesy but my plan was to bring some more people in and it seamed to work, all good now. and about Shadowcoin..competition is good it drives innovation, lets just make sure whatever they do we do better  Wink
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:25:25 AM

Ehhhh ... I was in a bad mood yesterday.  Confirmed one of your side devs sole several grand from me via his stupid ASIC pre-orders.  He's been taken off the website so I don't (just) see red now and I'm not taking my anger out on others.  I would still avoid XC (and depending on coinbase still interested in that "XC will be less in 3 months" bet). 

But I've cooled off enough to think (more) rationally.  I do think there's room in the market for privacy nodes that reward the nodes (maybe).  Don't get me wrong - I'm still far from sold on XC or PoS.  I actually think the #2 coin / winner doesn't exist yet.  There are too many issues with bitcoin that people are mimicking (anonymity/privacy is only one of the issues to resolve in my opinion) - But it doesn't mean I'm not interested in talking about it.

Right now we are in a (again IMO) bull run privacy market meets bear run alt market. 
G-Bert

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:27:18 AM

I wish I had the technical knowledge to discuss these types of suggestions, perhaps when the whitepaper is released this weekend and we have a better idea of the different layers of privacy that XC provides it'll be easier to.

+1

Im liking the discussions going on though. Hive wallet looks good too!

G-Bert

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:36:15 AM

Yeah it got heated didn't it, I'm protective of my XC  Cheesy but my plan was to bring some more people in and it seamed to work, all good now. and about Shadowcoin..competition is good it drives innovation, lets just make sure whatever they do we do better  Wink

My sentiments exactly.

@ rdnkjdi

I hope you change your mind about XC, buy some, and then pay dadon his winnings on your bet from your XC profits!  Grin Grin

rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:50:22 AM

Well for what it's worth I REALLY did mean what I said about consensus.  My biggest issue with crypto right now is exactly that - consensus.  With no consensus people trying to use it as money will get screwed over and over again when it loses all it's value (consensus).  Then second is the pyramid scheme.  It took me (longer) to come to this conclusion than it should've (and losing way more money than I wanted to).

But the fact is - that bitcoin slows distribution even while adoption grows.  Which heavily heavily discourages use of bitcoin as a currency IF you think adoption will grow.  In other words - "bitcoin is like money that I pay with except that if I pay with it now and twice as many people use it next year then it will be worth 2X as much".  On top of that - mining halves.  So if you assume that bitcoin is a currency (representation of energy) that is worth something along the lines of (# of adopters / difficulty to get bitcoin) then when it halves it further drives up the value of early adopters.  Not to even mention the mining difficulty / slice of the pie distribution method. (I'm sure all of this has been discussed somewhere).

But PoS (IMO) takes this problem and makes it worse.  If I want an XC coin - I have to buy it from you.  I can't mine it.  Then I have to hope the next guy is willing to pay more.  It's even more of a pyramid scheme than bitcoin.  In addition to that ... like I said before.

Currency = consensus.  This is why bitcoin is really the only thing trying to be a currency (albeit a pyramid currency).  When things are widely recognized as a transfer / store of energy or resources THEN they can be a currency.  But what we have is people putting their money into stuff they hopes turns into a currency ... then lose it all in a few weeks.  

This mindset creates the unstable markets we see and the high unlikely (due to the economics and competition being set up in such a way to make it unlikely that 1 XC will be worth anything in six months unless new money continues to pour in).  So most people thinking "Oh ... this could be a currency some day" WILL be left sitting with an empty bag while the speculators continue to bounce around.  Until the distribution is fixed.  And a broader consensus is formed around a coin.  

I feel the entire structure of everything (PoS is worse) directly discourages long term adoption or an actual "currency".  So there you have my rambling thoughts.  If XC were really good at what it did (which I have my doubts as to it being the best looking into Cryptonote ... they just need to solve bloat).  But IF it were - then tokens being rewarded to nodes that provide private communication is a completely different ecosystem than the PoS (& to lesser extent PoW) pyramid scheme.  AND it would help solve the problem we have with TOR - notably that the NSA can fund these nodes and if they get enough of them (and since nodes don't have any way of breaking even or making money - and the NSA has a huge budget they probably are) they can begin to crack privacy.

If you find a way to reward the nodes.  You solve the NSA problem.  

Sorry for the rambly post.  

I hope you change your mind about XC, buy some, and then pay dadon his winnings on your bet from your XC profits!  Grin Grin
lolol
Pages: « 1 ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: